Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Conflicting Emotions ❯ Chapter 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author: Anime-Blade
Rate: PG13
Pairing: Prideshipping- Seto x Yami no Yuugi
Disclaimer: I don't own anything except the plot, what ever that may be.
Status: 6/---
“Talking”
`Thought's' in normal POV
Flash Back/ Emphasis
Hikari to Yami
Yami to Hikari
 
------------ ---------------------- ------------------------- ---------------
Chapter Six:
 
Monday Morning
 
Yami groaned when he heard the knocking on the bedroom door, knowing that it was meant to wake him, when in fact he had been awake for the past few hours when sleep simply refused to come to him. Now though, it had slowly decided to give into his silent plea- a little late though… He had to get up, get dressed, and get his ass to school… The mere thought of parting the blankets to get out of bed was enough to make him move onto his stomach and bury his face into the pillow. Like hell he was getting up…
This time the knocking was accompanied by his name, and after a moment a playful threat- moment being allowed to wake him was usually enough to get him up on days he simply refused. When it didn't have him hurriedly yelling back and tripping over himself to get ready, the door was opened and curious blue eyes peeked in. “Yami? Aren't you awake?”
The only reply Seto was given was a groan from under the covers. Frowning, the brunette pushed the door fully open and walked over to the bed, sitting down next to the teen. “We need to go, you know…” He murmured, lightly touching the spirits shoulder, frowning when he felt how cold the other was. Yami turned slightly to look back at him, cheeks flushed slightly, and shook his head. The frown changed into concern as he moved his hand to touch the other's forehead gently, “Fever.” He said simply, sighing and pulling back, only to be stopped by a hand resting on his arm. “Matte… Stay… Onegai.” The request was barely whispered, making him unsure if he had even really heard Yami speak. It was only after he had repeated himself that Seto nodded slightly, then paused, “I need to phone Yuugi and tell him…”
Now, normally he would have told the other to simply contact Yuugi with their mind link, but the two were still on a no-talking basis. Yami only sighed quietly and nodded, retracting his hand and letting it slip down to rest beside him once more. He wasn't sure why he wanted Seto to stay, but at the moment, he wanted him around much as he did when he had a memory. The only time he truly felt safe was around the brunette, and right now he craved that comfort.
Seto left the room, heading downstairs and into the kitchen where Mokuba was finishing off the last of his cereal. Gray-blue eyes looked up from the bowl, giving the older a curious look and silently asking where the other teen was. The brunette ignored him, since he would know in a moment's time anyways, and went over to the phone; picking it up and hitting one of the buttons- of course he had the Game Shop's number on speed dial. Once the ringing had stopped and the phone had been answered, Seto wasn't sure if it was a good thing or not that Yuugi had picked up, he spoke. “Ohayo, Yuugi. I'm simply calling to tell you that Yami won't be attending classes, as it seems he's caught a fever.” Sapphire eyes gazed over to the raven haired boy that had still been waiting for a response, the younger looking slightly worried as Yuugi voiced his concern to Seto. “I'm sure he just needs his rest.” He replied simply, and then paused for a moment. Yami had already begun to feel fatigued the past few days, and the dreams didn't help either… A few moments of back and forth, Yuugi being overly worried about his darker half- if Seto hadn't known before, he certainly knew now why Yami was refusing to say anything to his light about the dreams.
When he was finally able to get away from the phone, he said his goodbye to Mokuba as the younger scampered off to get to school himself, while Seto phoned in to say he wasn't coming in for work and school. Only once that had been accomplished, did the brunette return back upstairs, Yami's breakfast on a tray- since he doubted the other wanted to come out of hiding from beneath the covers of his bed.
Seto was glad when he found that he had left the bedroom door open, easily able to slip in and close the door behind him, drawing crimson eyes over in his direction. Silently walking over to the teen, he set the tray down on the bedside table near Yami before moving to sit on the other side of the bed. “I didn't think you would want to come down to eat something.” He said simply, questioning red eyes turning from the tray back to him. A slight smile made its way to Yami's lips, “Arigatou Seto.” Now, if only he felt like eating…
Yami shifted over to lie next to the brunette, cuddling up beside him. He would blame the sickness for his actions, that much he had already decided on. Though, would Seto even question it? He may very well just figure it was something of the likes… Crimson eyes slipped shut, the fact still remained that he needed sleep, perhaps now he would manage a few hours with the other close by…
-- -- --
Seto knew he had to work, and he also knew he should have attended those useless classes for the day. At the moment though, he was contemplating on whether or not to risk moving Yami off of him- how he had managed to rest on his chest he wasn't sure. Regardless, he now had a sleeping former pharaoh resting peacefully and blissfully unaware to the brunette's problem.
A quiet sigh slipped past his lips, he just needed to get his laptop… Except that was all the way in his room and at current he didn't even want to risk even moving the slightest. The other teen needed the rest, especially since he hadn't been feeling quite himself these past few days- the fever was only making matter's worse. So, he was left to merely watch the sleeping boy, whether that was a good thing or not he wasn't sure, but at that moment he felt it was a good thing.
At that moment however, crimson eyes chose to slip open, trying to blink the sleep from them. Yami wasn't quite awake yet, or else he may have noticed what exactly it was, or whom, he was sleeping on… No, it wasn't until the quiet chuckling he caught that he looked up, though still half asleep as he was, he didn't bother with moving.
“Sleep well?” Seto murmured, fingers lightly brushing against the other's forehead, “Your fever has gone done a bit I think…” He'd been wondering whether or not he'd have to call his physician. Truthfully, he didn't want to, that woman scared him… “Do you feel like eating yet?”
“No… I doubt my stomach will agree with it.” He said, yawning quietly. Yami nuzzled the other's chest lightly, mentally grinning to himself, “Sleep was good.” No, sleep had been excellent, especially since he was able to stay so close to the brunette, like he had on Saturday when he had fallen asleep.
“Alright.” Now is when silence decided to befall them, not something either would usually like, but this time it was only Seto who found it uncomfortable. No, the former spirit was a bit to occupied with trying to get back to sleep, or at least pretending to be asleep so he could stay in his current spot.
“Do you want to take something for your fever?” Seto asked quietly, brushing aside the spirits bangs lightly. The other merely shook his head before settling down against the other's chest again, causing a slight smile on the brunette's lips to form.
 
------------- ----------------- --------------------------------- --------------------
 
Review responses
 
 
Evilmiko21, Shizuka-Yuki, dragon goddess04- Updated and hoped you liked!!
Wintersslayer- I needed something cutesy in here… lol.
Hell's Sorrow- Give me a moment because I'm about to start a rant…
 
I do NOT write to get reviews, okay? I write because I feel like it, and when I'm in the mood- NOT to meet some imaginary deadline. If I want to make the chapters two freakin' paragraphs I will, Mm'kay? I'm glad that you like it and all, but don't bitch about when I decide to write and when I post or how long. I have enough problems with my parents and counselor's, I don't need pissed reviewer's to add to it.
 
That was slightly rude but it caught my at a really bad time, and I'm fed up with people thinking most authors write for their fans- that's not how it usually works! I have yet to find someone who writes solely to please their reviewer's and not for their own enjoyment. I could have easily decided to not post this here, and I would still be writing it.
 
Alright, now I'm done. Anyone who still dares to review, please go ahead and do so. Any flamer's, I really don't care, because I'm pissed off and it won't make a difference, though I might just not update for an even longer period of time…
 
 
Alright, it wasn't much longer, but the update was at least half decently fast, no?
Review please!