Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Confusion In Domino ❯ The New Girl ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own Yugioh

Okay, I could not write romance if my life depended on it >.<;;;;; Buuuut. .I'm gonna try. . hehe ^^U So no flames please!


Chapter 1::::


"Students, please take your seats," the homeroom teacher said, as the bell rang.

The class quieted down, and the teacher spoke again, "We have a new student today. Everyone please welcome Zoe Sphynx."

A girl entered the room. She had medium-length light brown hair, with silver and blue streaks. Her eyes were grayish-blue, and she looked somewhat nervous.

"She looks nice," Yugi whispered to Yami. (Yamis and hikaris are in seperate bodies!!)

Yami looked up. He had been doodling on his notebook. He gasped.

"Yami? What's wrong?"

"Nothing. .nothing Yugi."

Though Yugi wasn't too sure that Yami was telling the truth. .

"You can take a seat next tooooo. .Yami," The teacher said, pointing towards the back of the room.

Zoe walked back, and took her seat.

Immediatly the teacher began lecturing on astronomy.

Zoe opened her notebook, and started taking notes. After a couple of minutes, it was so boring that she couldn't stand it, so Zoe started doodling.

Yami had been looking at her the whole time, wondering what it was that he felt . . . When Yugi had first pointed Zoe out to him, Yami had felt. . some sort of emotion that he had never felt before. .but what was it?

The bell rang, ending their boring science class.

Zoe put her notebook away, as did everyone else, and walked out of the room. She went to find her next class, but couldn't find the right classroom. She saw someone from her science class, and decided to ask him.

"Excuse me, can you tell me where room 205 is?" Zoe asked a boy with blonde hair, who was eating a doughnut.

The boy swallowed, and pointed, "Down that hall to the right. That's where I'm goin too."

"You're new, aren't you? Where did you move from?" He asked, as they started walking.

"Kyoto," Zoe said,"I'm moving in with my grandparents."

The bell rang, just as they entered the classroom.

"You're late, Mr. Wheeler," The teacher said, automatically, as if Joey did that every day. She looked up.

"I was just escortin a new student," Joey said, grinning.

The teacher gave him a suspicious look, then said to Zoe, "What's your name?"

"Zoe Sphynx."

"Aaaah, yes," She said, smiling. "Just take any seat you'd like."

Zoe smiled, and took the seat closest to the door.

After a couple minutes, she could feel everyone's eyes on her. Zoe tried to ignore it, but that didn't help much. .

'Why are they staring at me?' Zoe wondered. 'No one did this in my other class. . '

She started drawing, again, and forced herself to concentrate on only her drawings or what the teacher was talking about.

The teacher, Mrs. Silady, was apparently quizzing people, and asking them various Math questions.

"Who has number 10?" She asked, looking around the room.

Zoe quickly pulled her book out, and looked at the problem. It was something to do with triangles. .

When no one put their hand up, Mrs. Silady sighed, and said, "Anyone?"

Zoe sighed, and put her hand up.

"Zoe!" Mrs. Silady said, smiling.

"'M' equals 5.5."

"Correct!"

After the teacher moved onto the next problem, feeling that she had somewhat contributed, Zoe went back to doodling.

When the bell rang, the person sitting next to her said, "You really should pay more attention."

Zoe sighed, and looked at the person who had said that. He had brown hair, and cold eyes.

"Seto?" She asked, eyes opening wide.

"You did fail, though. ." He said, oblivious that she said anything, "Isn't that how you got transferred to this school? You should probably be paying more attention if you don't want to be transferred somewhere else. . "

"WHAT?!" Zoe cried, turning her full attention to Kaiba.

He smirked. "Well that got your attention. ."

"I HAVE NEVER FAILED ANYTHING IN MY LIFE!" Zoe yelled. "THE WORST GRADE I HAVE EVER GOTTEN IN MY LIFE WAS A B- AND THAT WAS BECAUSE I DIDN'T HAVE TIME TO STUDY FOR A TEST BECAUSE I WAS BUSY WITH MY JOB! HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT I FAILED? AND Why would you make something like that up?"

Zoe's face was turning red. She had just noticed that people had begun to stare. . .

Once again, he smirked.

Zoe angrily muttered, "Seto Kaiba, I cannot believe, that after all this time, you're still such a JERK!" With that said, she picked up her backpack and went on her way.

'Great, Seto's here,' Zoe thought, angrily opening her locked. ' He'll probably have half of the school thinking that I'm some trouble-making, detention-getting, little deliquint by the time lunch is over! Of course, my math class already thinks that. . . '

Getting her lunch, Zoe walked outside and sat under a tree. There were only a few people outside; most of them were eating in the lunchroom, but it wasn't against the rules. The principal had said that they could eat outside.

Setting down her lunch, Zoe pulled out her sketchbook and began drawing random anime pictures.

***Meanwhile. . . ***

"Hey you guys," Yugi said, "Why don't we go sit over by the new girl. She looks kinda lonely."

"All right," Tea said, enthusiastically.

"It'd probably make her feel more welcome," Joey said, darkly. "Kaiba's already said somethin to her. After math today, she was yelling at him, and he was just standing there with that same smirk on his face. . why does he enjoy messin with people so much?"

"It's a game," A sarcastic voice said, from behind them.

"KAIBA?" Joey yelled angrily.

Kaiba rolled his eyes. "Calm down, mutt. I only 'messed with her' because she's a delinquint." <--spelled wrong. .^^U oh well. .

"Delinquint?" Yami asked.

"Mmhmm. She was thrown out of her old school, that's why she's here."

"That doesn't make sense," Joey said, "She answered that question in math. . . "

"So? That doesn't prove anything," Kaiba said.

"Hey . . I'm confused," Tea whispered to Tristan. "Why is Kaiba over here? And why is he talking to us?"

"And why is Joey standing up for that new girl? Do you think he likes her?" Tristan whispered back.

"Maybe. . ."

~~~

Biting into an apple, Zoe took out her C.D. player and a book. She put in her Eminem C.D. and opened her book.

~~~

"She's reading right now! Would a deliquint be reading?" Joey half-yelled half-asked Kaiba.

"She might not even be reading it!" Kaiba yelled back.

Yugi, Yami, Tristan, and Tea, who were VERY bored by then, were just sitting there, watching the two argue.

Finally, Tea was sick of it.

"WHO REALLY CARES??" She yelled. "LET'S JUST GO ASK HER WHY SHE'S HERE THEN!"

And she stomped away, over to where Zoe was.

Yugi shrugged. "I'm with Tea."

Yami and Tristan followed.

Glaring one last time at Kaiba, Joey stomped away also.

"I don't get why Kaiba hates Zoe so much," Yugi said, to Joey.

"I don't get why Joey LIKES Zoe so much," Tea said.

Joey, only hearing Yugi, said, "He's a jerk! That's all there is to it!"

By now they had approached the tree.

Seeing her classmates, Zoe turned off her C.D. player and closed the book.

"Hi," She said, smiling.

"Thanks for helping me find that classroom earlier," She said to Joey, standing up.

"No problem," He said. "Would you mind telling us if you---"

Tea stepped on his foot.

^^;;

"He meant to say. . what brings you to our school?" Tea quickly asked.

Zoe rolled her eyes. "Lemme guess, that JERK told you that I'm a deliquint and got transferred here because I failed?"

They were all quiet.

Zoe growled. "That's what I thought. . I REALLY HATE THAT GUY! JUST CUZ I FINALLY COME BACK HERE HE THINKS HE CAN
JUST MAKE ALL OF THESE RUMORS ABOUT ME? HOW DARE HE?! Oooooh, he's getting what's coming to HIM, that's for sure!"

^^;; Uuuuuuhhhhh. . .

Zoe turned, realizing that they were still there. Blushing she said, "Sorry. .hehe. .Seto and I were both in the same orphanage when we were younger. .we were always competing, and now it looks like he hasn't changed a bit."

"That's pretty mean, starting rumors about you on your first day," Tea said, scowling. "That's a new low for Kaiba."

"Oh, we never introduced ourselves, did we?" Yugi asked. "I'm Yugi, that's Yami, that's Tea, Tristan, and I think that you already know Joey. . "

"Nice to meet you all," Zoe said.

"Sooo. . you want revenge on Kaiba? Same here. We can team up!" Joey said, grinning evilly.

"Oooooh. . that would be fuuuuuuuun. . " Zoe had the same evil grin.

"Fufufufufufu. . ."

^^;;

"Uuuh. .guys . . ?" Tristan asked."Lunch is over. . "

"Oh, so it is!" Zoe said, picking up her things.

"What class do you have next?" Joey asked Zoe.

"I have. . History with Danner," Zoe said, looking at a piece of paper.

"Hey Yami has that class too," Yugi said, smiling. "He can help you get over there."

Yami smiled. "Sure."

"Thanks," Zoe said, smiling.

(Jeez. . all this smiling. . @.@)

A phone ringing could be heard.

"Oops. .I guess I didn't turn my cell phone off," Zoe said, grinning sheepishly. She answered the phone. "Hello? Oh hi! Yeah, fine. Seto's here! I know! Yes, of course, why wouldn't he? Hehe. . that would be fun. . Yeah, actually. Thanks. Yeah. Tell Amika I said hi!! Bye Emerald!!"

"Sorry about that," Zoe said, turning off her phone.

By then it was only Zoe and Yami. The others, who Zoe had waved to when they left, had gone to their classes. After getting their books, Zoe and Yami rushed to their next class.

~~~~~~~

(Just so ya know, they're going to school in America, not Japan. .sooo. .let's just say that Domino is in New York or something!! ^^;;)

K, I know that Bakura & Ryou weren't mentioned, but they were home sick . . ^_^ Kay? Kay. (Don't worry, he'll be mentioned next chapter ^^)

PLEASE REVIEW!! ^_^

~*~Chloe~*~