Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ DDR Love ❯ DDR Love ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
DDR Love
By: Aria Lerendeair


Title: DDR LoveAuthor: Aria LerendeairWarnings: Fluff, more fluff.Genre: Romance, angst, do I write anything else?Pairings: Yami no YuugixYuugi *blink* Duh! BxR and MxYM as sides.Criticism: Criticism welcome, flames will be used to heat rooms whereboys need a bit of a push to get into bed. ^_^Disclaimer: Yu-Gi-Oh isn't mine. *cry* Why not! J/k. I makeno money, and do this only to make people who would get these jokes andlike the story, and ishness of Y/YY I also don’t own DDR, which I wish I did cause I love that game, and it is just fantastic. ^_^
Description: Yugi completes his link with Yami without realizing it and sends Yami away, which is the last thing he wants, and he will do anything to get Yami back, even sacrifice himself. (NOT a deathfic) Don’t worry, they are too cute to kill off.

Yugi paced the ground back and forth, wondering what he was supposed to do. Joey had offered him no decent advice whatsoever and had told him to just jump the former pharaoh. Yugi pulled on his tri-colored hair and flopped back onto his bed. *I’m sure that would be a wonderful Valentines present.*

“I can picture it now, in I walk, Yami is reclining on the couch in those damn sexy leather pants of his and I just shout out that he is the sexiest thing on the planet and I want him to fuck me until the cows come home. Seeing that I don’t own any cows however, that would mean forever! Gah, this is impossible!” Yugi yelled to no one. He fell back on the bed thinking. Valentine’s Day was tomorrow and he was still clueless.

((What are you doing aibou?)) Yami asked. He was being blocked from their link and he wanted to know what was going on with Yugi. He didn’t like being unable to communicate, he loved talking to Yugi.

(Just thinking up on my bed. Are you going to be home soon?) Yugi inquired. His yami went to college a few blocks away and was frequently busy with the work. Thankfully the money they had won from tournaments took care of the expenses.

((Pulling into the driveway now.)) Yami parked the motorcycle and climbed out. Apparently his bike was at the height of its popularity because wherever he went people applauded him and praised his bike.

(Awesome!) Yugi said. He missed his dark, and they hadn’t been able to have any fun together lately. Now that midterms were over for the both of them (*) they would be able to have some quality time.

Yami opened the door to the store and stepped in. He waved to Yugi’s grandfather and continued back into the house. He bounded up the stairs, and just when he reached the top something crashed into him.

“Hello Yugi. How have you been lately? I’m sorry I haven’t been able to come over as often as you would like, I will try to make a better effort and-”

“Yami I don’t care about any of that right now! I just want to spend more time with you before that huge monster named college comes back to swallow you up. We haven’t been together in ages and I want to fix that!” Yugi grabbed Yami’s hand and pulled him to the door.

“Now, I promised Joey that we would meet him and Kaiba at the arcade. We are going to the arcade, and I am going to finally beat you at DDR.” Yugi growled. He didn’t know how Yami did it. With the exception of the one time his dark had been sugar high Yami always won every game in the arcade and the scoreboards were littered with his high scores.

Yami laughed. “If you wish me to hand you another beating aibou, I have no objection to it. It isn’t every day that I find someone willing to go up against me, no matter how many times they lose.”

“Oh shut up, one of these days I will beat you! I’m the King of Games too!” Yugi yelled. He loved it when they teased each other like this, because he couldn’t do it enough anymore.

“Not anymore aib-” Yami only shook his head as he was planted on the DDR machine and Yugi got on the other. He watched his little love feed quarters in and start the game up. He took his jacket off and hung it over the bar behind him.

“Happy my light? This way I will not be a…what did you call it again? A bar whore? I do not want you to think that I won unfairly.” Yami said. He smiled at the first song, knowing the pattern that had steadily emerged from their playing each other so much. The first song was called OVERBLAST! And Yami stepped on the back button twice, putting his machine on heavy. He saw that Yugi did the same, with a look of determination on his face.

“Very happy Yami, now watch as I beat you into the ground. When we get to the final song, you had better not use the bar or I am going to say that you cheated. Fair or unfair.” Yugi pressed the button for the song to appear and waited for the first steps.

“I wouldn’t dream of it Yugi.” Yami said and bowed. He spun with the first five steps in rapid succession and lifted a brow when he saw Yugi copy his move exactly.

“You’ve been practicing my light. Last time we played you weren’t able to do that.” Yami completed another set of moves, before launching to the next. Seeing Yugi calmly copying his moves was a shock, but not an unwelcome one. He would finally have a challenge of some sort. The song was soon over and Yami looked over to see his aibou’s score to see if he had once again won the game. To his surprise he saw that Yugi’s score was the same as his own, a AAA. He stared in shock.

“You look surprised Yami. I’ve even beaten your high scores. They all say Hikari now. You have to fight me to win your title back. I want to see if you are able to beat yourself.” Yugi smirked at the shock on his yami’s face. He had put in so many hours working on this and watching the tapes that had Yami’s previous performances on them, memorizing the moves, learning how to do them, the whole nine yards. He wasn’t going to get beat by his dark without a fight.

“I am surprised aibou. When did you learn to do all the moves that I know. I played you not a week ago, and yet your progress is remarkable. Were you simply playing with me the other day?” Yami asked. He knew the answer, when the telltale smirk appeared on his aibou’s face.

“Yes and No Yami. I didn’t hold back when we were playing last, I simply wasn’t as good as I am now. All I have been doing lately is playing this game so I would be ready when the time came for us to play again.” He said and gave a smirk. It really was nice seeing his dark thrown so off balance.

“What’s the next song Yami? I believe it is your pick. I have no reservations. Bring everything and anything on. I’m ready.” Yugi said. The challenge of the game evident in the voice.

Yami glared and chose the song CANDY, one of his favorites since it offered both speed and intensive step patterns. It was time to see if his light had really mastered the game as he had claimed.

“Ready my light?” Yami said. He knew this song would prove if Yugi’s claim was true. This was one of the hardest songs in the game, next to the MAX songs and the finale song if one completed their round with perfect AAA’s. The King of Games was interested to see if their game would carry them that far, because Shining Collection had been written to be the hardest DDR song ever conceived.

“Always Yami, but I would have thought that you would pick a harder song. This one presents no challenge since it is one of my favorites. I do it often. If it is what you want, then let’s get started.” The smaller of the two said and pressed the button for the song to begin. The steps came with ferocity, but Yugi just let the song flow through him. Every beat was made flawlessly as the music danced around him. He nailed the turns and the jumps, just like he had been practicing.

Yami had to keep his attention on the song and not on the copy of himself that was matching his moves step for step. A crowd had begun to gather around them to watch the two Kings battle it out. He landed the last step with a flip to his hands. It was one of the hardest moves, and it had to be repeated in The Legend of Max and Shining Collection several times. He let his feet fall back onto the pad, and saw his light repeat the action.

“You are excelling indeed aibou if you have the timing for that move down so perfectly. That must have been one of the improvements you made in the past week, because I haven’t seen even an attempt at it before. Are you ready for something harder now?” Yami asked. He wanted to see if Yugi could pass the final test.

“My dark, I was born ready. I will beat you and show you that I can beat The King of Games.” A sweet smile followed his declaration. “But I would never dream of stripping you of your title, for we were one and the title is as much mine as it is yours. I only wish to prove to you that I am capable of beating you and that I am as strong as you.” Yugi said. He selected The Legend of Max and smiled at Yami.

“So all that you want to prove that I can be beaten? You will put too much hope into people like Kaiba who would thrive if they had any hope of beating me.” Yami said. He knew that this was going to get out, but he did not intend to lose and there would be nothing to tell, other than him once again defending his title. But, his light was very determined. More so than usual.

“What has gotten into you my light? I have never seen you like this before. It is as if I am seeing a whole new side to you that was unavailable to me before now. Where did this side of you come from?” Yami asked. He wanted to know what had spurred the sudden change in demeanor in his light. He seemed more sure of the world and his place in it.

*What has gotten into me? I think it was the determination to make you mine the instant I discovered that I was in love with you* Yugi thought.

“It was just people were always talking about you and how you were the greatest and how you were the one that earned the title, I got jealous. I know I am every bit as good as you, I just have to prove it. This side of me has always been there, but you were the one that prompted its coming out.” Yugi said. He took a deep breath and started the song. This was going to tell if he truly was the champion. He watched as Yami touched the bar briefly before turning to face the screen.

Yami concentrated as the short intro to the song played. The crowd was deadly silent behind him, waiting to see how the game played out, as the arrows began to scroll up the screen. Yami moved his feet quickly and the spun, hitting the double arrows dead on. He chanced a quick glance at Yugi and was surprised to see the other actually dancing and twining his arms around his body. The harsh beat continued and pounded into him.

He could have cared less if he missed a step as the dance continued. This was what he wanted, what he craved. The total and complete surrender needed to be able to do the song like this. Doing it with his yami and feeling the adrenaline rush only made it all the more sweeter. The song was reaching its climax and Yugi paused when the song stopped. The steps came more furiously than before, but he was able to keep up with them without too much trouble. As the ending neared Yugi began counting in his head. This was the one part that-

-had to be perfectly on time or all was lost. Yami thought. The steps came and Yami launched himself into the air, landing on his hands, but stayed for only a split second and used his arms to launch himself back to his feet. This was repeated six times before the final step was made. He looked to his aibou and saw that his light was holding the same position as himself. They stepped up and applause broke out all around them.

“Thank you everyone, but this isn’t done. The final test has yet to come. The next song, the hardest song created as of now is the punishment for receiving perfect scores on all your songs. It is here that I must prove myself if I am to win.” Yugi told the crowd and turned to his Yami.

“Ready?” Yugi smiled and spun around completely as the first steps showed themselves. Yugi threw himself into the song and closed his eyes. This was what he had practiced for, this was his song that would show Yami. This song was everything. He knew every move, every step by heart and it was burned into his mind.

Yami saw that his aibou was doing the song blind. He knew the steps also and closed his own eyes. A new uproar grew in the crowd as they realized the Game Kings were doing the entire song without looking. Yami didn’t hear any of it, all he could feel and hear was the pure emotion being filtered through their link. His body was on automatic, doing to moves that he knew while his heart was overflowing with love for his light. He kept the emotion in check and made sure not to let it through the link.

Yugi felt Yami bond more completely with him. The raw passion triggered the same kind of sensation as when they were in their soul rooms. There was no substitute and Yugi reveled in it. In these moments Yami was his and only his, no one would ever take him away. Yugi used the bar to flip and land back on the pad, not paying attention because he knew the steps so well, they were a part of him that would never leave.

Yami felt himself tiring, but refused to give in. He ignored the feeling and let the song carry him onward. The cheers from the crowd were in the background and were barely heard. There was no one but him and his light. They were almost to the end of the song. Yami knew neither of them had missed a step and he was determined not to miss any of the last. There was only-

-Thirty seconds left. I know this, I must prove my point to Yami. He will falter in the final, because he does not have what I have, my knowledge that we are one in the same, not one overshadowing the other. Yugi bent back and did his flips. The final steps were completed. He felt the movement next to him and realized that Yami was only 1/16 of a second off, but it was enough. A GREAT flashed up on the screen. Dropping Yami to only a AA and leaving Yugi at his desired AAA. He turned to Yami and smiled.

Yami stared in shock at the score. He turned to his aibou who was smiling at him and gave a small smile. The crowd was hollering and cheering like crazy for Yami and Yugi.

“Do you see what I mean now my dark. We are equal. The beginning of each is found in the other. There is no one in us.” Yugi prayed that his dark understood now. Then he could concentrate on what to get Yami for Valentine’s in two more days.

Yami stared in surprise. Yugi had been able to beat him. This meant that Yugi could take care of himself and didn’t need him anymore. He knew that he was going into shock. *Yugi doesn’t need me anymore, he is completely capable by himself. What reason do I have to stay? I should not be here to hold him down anymore.* Mechanically he picked his jacket up and began to make his way through the crowd, ignoring the stares that were coming after him. He got out of the arcade and began to walk back toward home.

Yugi waved at everyone swarming around him and looked around for his dark. Surprised when he didn’t see him anywhere, the violet-eyed boy looked to his best friend and rival.

“Joey! Did you see where Yami went? I lost track of him when the crowd swallowed me up!” Yugi asked. He hoped that he hadn’t hurt Yami by beating him, he had meant it when he said he wouldn’t steal the title of the King of Games.

“I didn’t see him Yug, but then Seto here has at least four inches on me so maybe he could tell you.” Joey turned to his rival and smiled. He knew he had earned a good quip and waited for it to come. After thirty seconds when none presented itself Joey opened his eyes to meet sapphire blue.

Seto broke his eye contact with deep honey and looked to Yugi.

“He left some time ago. He looked very troubled. I would suggest that you go and talk to him about what just happened. The idiot could barely walk straight and was mumbling.” Kaiba said.

Yugi blanched. Could his loss have touched him that deeply? He thought to himself. He made an attempt to reach along their link, but found himself totally cut off.

“I’m sorry Joey, but I have to go and find out what is wrong with Yami, I don’t know what he is thinking, but something is very wrong.” Yugi yelled and ran out the door heading toward home. As he was running down the street he heard the roar of a motorcycle and a blur of black buzz past him. He had only a split second to recognize Yami, but when he did he forced himself to run faster. He burst into the house and ran through the kitchen toward his bedroom. He needed the keys to his own motorcycle if he was going to catch up.

A quick look around his room presented the keys and Yugi ran back downstairs only to run into his grandfather.

“Where are you going in such a hurry Yugi? Yami was hear already and he told me to make you read this before you went anywhere when you got home.” He handed his grandson the letter and moved to go back upstairs.

“If you are going to be out late, just give me a call before midnight. Professor Yoshimori just sent me some more pictures to look over, so I’ll be up late.” The old man waved and went up the stairs.

Yugi opened the letter in a rush once his grandfather was gone and read the words in shock.

My dear Hikari,
I fear that I have surprised you in my leaving, but in truth if you think on it I am sure you could discover the reason. I am saddened that I am not needed anymore, but I know that you will be able to do much better on your own. Please do remember all that I have taught you, for no one will ever be able to harm you if you remember. I wish that I did not have to leave you like this, but it was one of the conditions of our joining. The day you are able to beat me is the day you do not need me any longer. I knew this day would come, I was only hoping that it would not come so soon. I loved every moment we were together for it meant that my heart was complete.
I regret one thing more than most. I must leave on the day before I told you my greatest secret. I love you Yugi. You are my shining light in the darkness. You are the reason I am still alive to this day. I loved you the moment I saw you when you first solved the puzzle. My love for you knows no bounds and my only regret is that I could not tell you face to face. Goodbye my love.

Yami



Yugi stared at the letter before it fell from his frozen hands. Yami was leaving him? He was immediately spurred into motion. He grabbed the letter off the floor. He would not let Yami get away without him knowing that he was loved back. He didn’t care if he had to fight gods or anything above, he would not let his yami leave. He ran outside and grabbed his bike. Giving it a harsh kick-start he sped down the road. He had no idea where Yami had gone, so he had to go talk to someone that might know. Yugi turned down the road that would lead him to the house where the other Yami’s and Hikari’s lived.

Yami sped down the road watching as the sun dipped lowed in the sky. He wove in and out of traffic as he headed toward his destination.

Yugi threw himself off his bike and ran to the door and began banging on it. If they weren’t home he didn’t know where he would go. Thankfully the door opened and Yugi was greeted with the sight of a sleepy Ryou and Malik.

Ryou blinked when he saw the tears running down his friend’s face. “Yugi, what’s wrong, did something happen to the pharaoh?” He asked. The tears came faster and more furious than before. Yugi’s arm moved and Ryou looked down at the letter. Taking it and reading it quickly, Ryou gasped and yelled for his own Yami and Malik’s.

“Bakura! Marik! Get down here! We have to go now!” Ryou shoved the letter in his pocket and grabbed his keys from the peg near the door.

“Ryou what’s going on?” Malik asked as his Yami and Bakura came barreling down the stairs.

“That is a damn good question Hikari! Mind clueing us in to why the pharaoh’s hikari is bawling his eyes out?” Bakura yelled. He grabbed his own jacket and ran out the door after Ryou. He heard Marik behind him and they all piled into the convertible, Yugi on Malik’s lap.

“Yugi managed to finish his bond without telling his Yami. Now, thinking he isn’t needed, Yami is going to go and join his father in the Land of the Dead. We have to get there to stop him!” Ryou said. He backed out of his driveway and winced when the tires squealed. Shaking his head, he gunned the engine and took off down the road.

“Ryou, where did Yami go?” Yugi asked. He was glad that his friends understood. Malik’s arms tightened around him, but how did they know where Yami was.

“I only know a vague idea, you’re going to have to narrow it down for me Yugi. I know where the entrance to the Land of the Dead is, but the strip is several miles wide. It’s on the beach. Is there any place on the beach that Yami has ever talked about being totally relaxed there? Where he mentioned feeling like home?” Ryou hoped that Yugi knew otherwise they might never reach the pharaoh in time.

Yugi closed his eyes as another memory assaulted him. The last time they were at the beach…
*flashback*

Yugi watched the sun set as he leaned against the railing. He smiled while his Yami continued to stare out across the ocean.

“What’s up Yami? You seem pensive.” Yugi said. A light breeze drifted in from the ocean and played with his bangs.

“I feel so at home here. Like the air and the ocean are a part of me. I wish I could stay here forever. I have no worries because here…I’m not sure how to explain it, but here is safe. Like I don’t need to be on guard all the time. I’m sorry aibou, I must sound so ridiculous. Let’s go home now, it’s starting to get dark.” Yami said and grabbed his light’s hand.

*end flashback*

“Go to the cliff overlooking the ocean. That’s where he’ll be. You don’t think he’ll jump, do you Ryou?” Yugi whispered. The thought of losing Yami made more tears fall down his face.

“Trust the pharaoh to be the one to try and do it in style. Of course he couldn’t be like us and just go for a swim, he has to jump off a cliff.” Bakura muttered.

“I don’t know what he will do Yugi. He is under the impression that he’s lost you forever and thinks that life is not worth living, so he is going to join his father. He needs to know that you love him.” A sudden thought struck Ryou. “You do love him, don’t you?” He asked.

“Of course I do. He means the world to me. I don’t know when I stopped admiring him and when I started loving him, but I know that I do. I couldn’t bear to lose him. I can’t lose him, I can’t!” Yugi cried, burying his face into Malik’s leather vest.

Malik looked in the rearview mirror and his gaze met his yami’s. A soft smile crossed his lips and he rubbed Yugi’s back. He knew what the smaller boy was going through and he prayed that they reached the pharaoh in time. They didn’t deserve to be going through pain like this.

Bakura growled under his breath. The pharaoh was so stupid, to allow himself to be beaten at a game so easily. Yugi should have had a much harder time then he did, and he shouldn’t have been able to do this so fast. There was something wrong with the whole situation, but he couldn’t place his finger on it.

Yami stared out across the ocean as the last of the sun’s rays dipped below the horizon. He could see the stars beginning to appear and grace the night sky. He leaned against the railing and looked beyond the sea to The Land of the Dead, where he would join his father at long last. Without Yugi’s love, there was no reason for him to stay here, now that his Hikari had learned the lessons he had taught. He looked to the sky. He had missed flying, his dark wings showing his power and control over the shadows. Yami sighed, he knew he would miss his light, his little love more than any other thing that he could be given.

Yugi stared out the window and the scenery rushed by. He was praying that they would get to his yami in time, the thought of life without his over-protective dark was unbearable. He saw the beach appear on the horizon and his breath caught.

“Please hurry Ryou, I have a bad feeling about this.” Yugi whispered. He could see the cliff getting bigger and bigger as Ryou broke every driving law in existence to get him there in time. The small hikari ignored the rocking of the car and the horns screeching as they sped past, his entire body was focused on the cliff.

“Wait for me Yami, please wait for me. I can’t live without you. I need you here with me, I need you so much my dark.” Yugi whispered. He felt Malik’s arms tighten around him as the other heard his whispered words. Seconds passed as minutes and then Ryou was breaking through a fence and driving up the cliff. Yugi’s breath caught when he saw a lone figure standing against the railing.

“Hurry Ryou! We can’t be too late!” Yugi yelled. The car lurched forward again and after more precious seconds halted in front of piles of rocks. Yugi swore. He had forgotten that these were here. The memory of him and Yami climbing them assaulted Yugi and he threw himself out of the car to begin scrambling over the rocks. He called to his Yami, both with their link and out loud in hopes that his dark might not take that last step and go over the edge, leaving him forever.

Yami knew it was his imagination when he heard his hikari calling for him, his voice sounding so desperate and filled with pain and longing. *He would never call for me like that. I am only to be a friend to him forever. Forever to watch his beautiful face and yet never able to touch like I long to. He sees my touch as that of a brother, a protector, but never as a lover.* He heard footsteps not far behind him and knew that he had to jump or risk getting caught.

Yugi watched horrified as Yami pulled himself up onto the railing and stared into the bright sunset. He forced himself to run faster, praying that he would be there in time, so that he could stop his yami from leaving him. He saw Yami tip himself over the edge and an unearthly scream of pain and sorrow was torn from his throat, in an instant he was over the cliff, diving after the only one who had truly cared for him.

Yami heard the scream of terror behind him, but was surprised when the same emotion flooded through the link he had with his light. Too late he realized that it was Yugi behind him and that Yugi had come after him. For whatever reason Yugi had come after him. His eyes stayed riveted on the edge of the cliff, hoping to catch one last glimpse of his hikari before he was brought into the land of the dead. To his horror he saw his light’s small body go over the edge and come after him.

Yugi knew that surviving the fall was impossible, he heard Ryou’s scream from the edge of the cliff. His mind was only on his Yami and spending his last moments with his love. Closing his eyes and concentrating, he felt himself drawing nearer to Yami. He grabbed Yami’s hand and the world seemed to stop around them.

Yami looked into the amethyst eyes that he loved so much and saw teardrops fall past his face. He reached out and, with difficulty, ran his fingers across Yugi’s cheek. ((Why are you here aibou? Why did you come after me? You don’t need me anymore.)) Yami sent through the link, knowing that words would only be ripped from his mouth.

Yugi saw the tears and confusion in the eyes of his beloved. He gave a watery smile and touched Yami’s hand and kept it pressed to his cheek. (I’m here because I still need you, desperately. I’ve needed you for as long as I have known you. I came after you because I love you Yami. I love you.) Yugi sent the thought as strong as he could manage, showing all his mind, everything he had kept hidden from his dark. More tears fell from his cheeks as he saw the shock on Yami’s face.

Yami stared at his aibou, as the ocean crept closer and closer. There was no stopping their fall into the Land of the Dead now. He couldn’t wrap his mind around his aibou loving him. He, who was the carrier of the shadows, their king, was loved by the purest heart in existence. ((Yugi, I-))

(I know Yami, can I just hear you say it once? So I can have something to remember when we aren’t together anymore? Please?) Yugi fell into dark crimson eyes. He hoped that this perfect moment could last forever.

((I love you Yugi, my light, my aibou. You’re mine and you always have been. I wish that I had known sooner, I never would have left you if I had known.)) He watched as the water grew closer and an idea struck him. ((Aibou, do you trust me?))

(Of course I trust you Yami. Why?) Yugi fought back tears. He was going to make sure that Yami’s last memory of him was of him smiling, not crying.

((I know that I have wings, but I won’t be able to save you alone. You need to pull yours out.)) Yami looked at the water again. *We’re going to cut this really close.*

Yugi swallowed the lump in his throat. He would do anything to have more time with his yami. (How do I do it?) He watched as two huge black wings erupted from Yami’s back and began straining against the wind.

((That will buy us a few more moments. I don’t have time to teach you, will you let me enter your mind and do it instead? It’s the only way we’ll be able to do this in time.)) Yami paused for an instant to see how his question would go over. ((I want more than a few moments with you Yugi. We’re going to do this, and I am going to spend the rest of my life worshipping your beautiful light.)) Yami felt Yugi’s mind fall open and entered in. He saw all of Yugi’s memories and smiled at the ones that included him. Shaking his head, Yami moved on.
He moved to the back of Yugi’s head, the part that even Yugi himself couldn’t reach without his help. He found the small trigger for the wings and sent a prayer of forgiveness for the pain he was going to cause his light. He set off the trigger and threw himself back into consciousness. He watched as Yugi screamed silently and two white wings shot from his back.

Yugi fought the pain that was threatening to overwhelm him, he had to help Yami. He had to save the both of them. It soon receded and with a thought of pumping he realized that they were slowing down. He began pumping harder, noticing the strain it put on his back. They had to get out of this.

Yami saw that they were almost at the water. He held onto Yugi’s hand a little tighter and smiled when his light doubled his efforts. They began to pull up, slowly.

Yugi knew they were going to hit the water when Yami yanked them to the left and they skimmed just over the beach. He laughed as they spun back toward the cliff and saw Ryou and the others climbing over the rocks. He and Yami stopped at the edge of the cliff where he had dived after his dark. (I love you Yami, so much.)

Yami smiled and pulled his light into his arms. ((Ra knows I love you more than life itself my hikari.)) He stared into violet eyes, bright with laughter and fell in love all over again. Wrapping his arms around Yugi, he pressed his lips hard against the other’s.

*Devouring is apparently Yami’s specialty.* Yugi thought as his dark plundered his mouth over and over again. He never wanted to let go, but the need for air was becoming very loud. They broke apart, and he just smiled at his yami, a smile of pure happiness.

Yami felt his wings come out of his back once again and stared in surprise when he saw Yugi’s do the same. A bright gold light appeared over them and Yami smiled at it, now knowing what was happening. He felt the fear from Yugi through their link and sent a wave of reassurance back at him. ((It’s all right love, it is just a symbol from the gods that we will be forever joined.))

(I trust you Yami.) Yugi whispered. The light dropped over them and Yugi felt a warmth glide over his skin. It entered him, opened him, and then took nothing as it left. His body felt like it had just gone through a wonderful massage and he wasn’t going to move anytime soon. He heard Yami’s laugh and then he was in Yami’s arms again, warm and protected.

Yami cradled his light and looked at the gold-tipped wings. His own stretched and the new gold caught the last of the sunlight as the fiery star slipped beyond the horizon. His legs bent and he lowered both him and Yugi to the ground. He placed Yugi’s head in his lap and brushed the golden bangs back. ((I love you Yugi.))

(Mmmm. Love you too Yami. ’M comfy, don’t move ’til Ryou gets here? Need to tell him that everything is okay. You’re not leaving anymore?) Yugi asked. He didn’t want to think too much, because it was making his body wake up from the pleasant state it was in.

((I’ll never leave you again aibou. You’re stuck with me forever. Oh and aibou?))

(Yes?) Yugi opened his eyes when he heard footsteps come near.

((Happy Valentine’s Day.)) Yami though, and smiled.

Yugi smiled again and held onto Yami a little tighter. (I think forever suits me just fine. Happy Valentine’s Day Yami.) A thought struck him.

“Hey Ryou?” Yugi called.

Ryou smiled brilliantly when he saw the pharaoh and Yugi. “Yes Yugi?”

“Do you think you can get us to the car, I’m not interested in moving for a very long time.” He snuggled closer to Yami and smiled when strong arms came to wrap around him.

“A very long time.” He said.

Ryou resisted the urge not to snigger, but Bakura didn’t have as much self-control as he did and managed to burst out into full-fledged laughter.

“I think we can manage that Yugi. I think we can.” Ryou said and looked at Malik and his yami. He pointed at the two blondes and then at the new couple. The both sighed and moved forward.

“Why is it we always have to do the heavy lifting?” Malik asked, and held the rod out. A cushion of shadow magic surrounded the pharaoh and his hikari and they began to float to the car, which Marik had somehow gotten over the rocks.

Ryou shook his head when he saw the state of his car. “I don’t want to know, I really, really don’t.”

Bakura smirked. “That’s good, because the story is a long one, and in there it has the reason that there is now a booster button installed in your car that is fueled by shadow magic.”

Ryou sweat dropped. *Why me?*

Bakura turned his gaze from his blushing hikari and faced the pharaoh. “Since you are all-knowing pharaoh, mind telling us why Yugi was able to beat you so easily?” Bakura said and looked at his own light, he thankfully hadn’t come to that and had bee able to win Ryou’s love on his own.

“The powers controlling Yugi and myself apparently decided that it was time for our relationship to become what it was destined to be, and with a little hardship, we made it where we are supposed to be.” Yami answered and glared at the thief for interrupting his moment with his light.

Yugi looked up at his yami and tilted his head. “What kind of relationship?” He asked.

Yami smirked. “Soulmates of course.”

Owari




(*) Creative license, so what? I happen to like the idea that midterms would end near Valentine’s Day. It makes the fic work. *smile* I know, I know, I’m evil, but y’all will have to live with it!
(*) Could someone draw me a picture of this? Yugi in Yami’s arms, at the edge of this cliff, with the sun blazing behind them, Yugi’s wings a pure white tinted gold and Yami’s wings, black, tinted gold. It doesn’t have to be a close-up shot, because the focus is on the wings, and that with the love of his hikari, Yami’s aren’t pure black anymore. The sun in the back is symbolizing the burning intensity of their love. Cheesy, I know, but I like it, if you do draw it, I will write a one-shot about this pairing and whatever else you want, anything included, and when I say anything I mean it, whether from pointless fluff, to full-on lemon, to bondage, I do anything. Which should not be taken literally, unless it’s written, cause then everything applies. Hehe.

Converting /tmp/phptDRWeI to /dev/stdout