Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen Angels ❯ Get me to the chruch on time! ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh, or the wedding ceremony but I do own the story. Enjoy!

 

Fallen Angels

Chapter 17: Get me to the church on time!

 

Two months after Duke's wedding had passed and now it was Joey's turn to tie the knot. Joey and Mai chose a Christian wedding ceremony and everyone was getting ready. In the groom's quarters, the boys were putting on their tuxedos and they looked wonderful.

 

Mokuba and Noa were the ring bearers and they wore white tuxes with gold vests, cummerbunds, and ties. Yugi, Seto, Yami, Duke, and Tristan were all wearing black tuxes with white vests, cummerbunds, and ties. Joey also had a black tux but his tie, cummerbund, and vest were silvery blue. All of the other guys were chatting away as the butterflies in Joey's stomach started to feel more like a pack of Ultimate Great Moths fluttering around and it was making him sick! Yugi looked over at Joey and noticed that the groom looked positively green!

 

"Joey?" asked Yugi, "Are you okay? You look like you're going to be sick!"

 

"I don't know, Yuge," said Joey, weakly, "I don't feel so good."

 

Joey started to feel dizzy and was ready to faint when Tristan caught him and took the groom to the bathroom. Joey and Tristan came out after ten minutes of Joey throwing up and he looked a little better.

 

"It's nothing!" laughed Tristan, "Joey just has Pre-wedding jitters!"

 

"It's NOT nothing when he's puking for ten minutes in the bathroom!" argued Seto, who was quite worried about his cousin. Joey still looked quite weak and a bit pale.

 

"I'll go get a doctor!" said Yami as he ran out of the room. Fifteen minutes later, Yami returned with a doctor who checked Joey out.

 

"Oh dear," said the doctor as she finished looking at Joey.

 

"What's wrong?" asked Duke as the doctor was packing up.

 

"It seems like our groom has more that just Pre-wedding jitters," said the doctor, "he ate a bit too much, it's indigestion."

 

"JOEY!" yelled the other guys after they thanked the doctor.

 

"WHAT?!" yelled Joey back, "When I get really nervous, I eat!"

 

"You are a dumb mutt!" said Seto; "You could've missed your own wedding from pigging out!"

 

"At least you're not nervous anymore," smirked Duke.

 

"Yeah!" smiled Joey, "That's true!"

 

The boys got to the altar on time and they waited for the bride. First Rebecca, Mokuba, and Noa came up to the altar. Rebecca stood where the bride's party was going to be while Noa and Mokuba joined the boys. Next were Tea, Izshizu, Vivian, and Serenity wearing lavender, strapless gowns. They walked gracefully to the altar and assembled on the bride's side. Then, the doors opened, revealing Mai and her father. Mai's was wearing a short-sleeved, floor-length white gown with elbow-length gloves, a silver veil attached to a tiara on her updo, and holding a bouquet of blue lillies.

 

Joey felt his heart stop when he saw her. He was real sorry now that he almost made himself really sick! She was so beautiful! Her father gave the bride to her groom and sat down. The priest conducted the ceremony and then it was time for the exchange of rings and vows. They turned to each other and held the rings.

 

(Script format)

 

Joey: I take you, Mai, this day as my wife, and I promise to walk by your side forever, as your best friend, your lover, and your soulmate. You are my beloved one and I am proud to marry you. I promise to support your dreams and to be there for you all our lives.

 

Then he slipped the ring on her finger. Mai held his ring and smiled as happy tears streamed down both their faces.

 

Mai: I take you, Joey, this day as my husband, and I promise to walk by your side forever, as your best friend, your lover, and your soulmate. You are my beloved one and I am proud to marry you. I promise to support your dreams and to be there for you all our lives.

 

Then she slipped the ring on his finger and they held hands.

 

The priest asked everyone if they shouldn't be wed, to speak now or forever hold their piece. No one made a sound. Then the priest said, "You may kiss the bride."

 

Joey and Mai shared their first married kiss. Then, the priest grabbed their arms and yelled, "It is my pleasure to introduce Mr. and Mrs. Joey Wheeler/ Vercheil Afrati!"

 

Everyone cheered and threw rice at the newlyweds as they got into the limo and drove off to the palace.

 

TBC!

Seto's getting hitched next! Stay tuned!