Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Missing ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

*****

Disclaimer: I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh. I'm simply obsessed with it. Don't sue me, because I'm broke.

/end boring legal junk

I apparently write Yu-Gi-Oh fic now. It's my newest obsession/weakness/whatever you may call it. I swear I'm 12. I think I lost 8 years in there somewhere. That's what I get from watching anime. Okay, I haven't seen the episode where Bakura ends up in the Millennium Puzzle, and I'm not even quite sure how it happens, but it works with this fic, so go with it, mkay? We'll all get along so much better if you just smile and nod and read. And hopefully enjoy. This story was written for my best friend, who challenged me to write her a fic using certain people and a certain plot and well.

This story will switch POVs, I guess (although it's not written in first-person, so it's not really a POV). I guess focus would be a better word. Chapter 1 was Yugi and Yami Bakura (who will henceforth be known as "Bakura" simply because Yami Yugi is "Yami" and I have dubbed Yami Malik "Marik" (I refuse to call Malik Ishtar "Marik" simply because the dub says so. I like Malik much better.) Confused yet? Good! Onward with the fic then.

*****

MISSING - CHAPTER 2

(or, "Enter the Pharaoh")

Ryou Bakura decided that maybe he didn't have it so bad after all.

"CURSE IT ALL I HATE THIS WORLD AND I WANT IT TO DIE!"

No, he definitely had it good. At least Yami Bakura didn't pace the living room, cursing when he'd screwed up a spell. Not like Yami Yugi was doing now.

"You're making me dizzy," Malik complained from his spot beside Ryou on the couch.

"EVIL STUPID BAKA TOMB ROBBER PROBABLY DID THIS ON PURPOSE…TAKING MY HIKARI AWAY FROM ME AND CLOSING THE LINK…"

Ryou and Malik sighed as one. They'd been trying to tell Yami for hours that it wasn't Bakura's fault that he and Yugi were currently missing. But the former Pharaoh was having none of their explanations, instead choosing to believe that somehow, this was Bakura's fault. Ryou shook his head. Yeah, it was Bakura's fault that Yami decided to do a spell he barely remembered in order to get rid of a tomb robber who'd moved in to the Millennium Puzzle quite by accident. And, in the process of doing the spell, both Yami and Ryou had lost their mental links with their other halves. Which made Yami very, very, very cranky and Ryou somewhat amused.

"Maybe it's a good thing," Malik said quietly in Ryou's ear, "maybe now Yugi will get some peace of mind! Yami and Yami Bakura won't be fighting in his head all the time anymore."

"True," Ryou whispered back. "There is an upside to this."

"BAKA TOMB ROBBER I'M GOING TO KILL HIM…" Yami continued ranting, ignoring the boys whispering on the couch.

"Pharaoh, shut up!" Marik bellowed from upstairs, where he'd retreated after an hour of listening to Yami's ranting.

"MY YUGI IS MISSING AND YOU'RE TELLING ME TO SHUT UP!" Yami screamed at the top of his voice, causing Ryou and Malik to cover their ears.

"YES I AM!" Marik screamed back, appearing at the top of the stairs in all his loony glory. "I sat with Ryou and my other half for an hour and listened to you rant. Then I went upstairs to escape your ranting and I can STILL HEAR YOU!"

Yami blinked. "So?"

"SO? SO? RA-BE-DAMNED IDIOT PHARAOH!" Marik roared. Malik and Ryou hid *under* the couch. "I am sick of listening to your voice! You're as bad as Tea! I swear to Ra, if your Dark Magician wouldn't kick my ass, I'd banish you to the Shadow Realm right now!!"

Yami smiled smugly. "He doesn't like you."

"Yeah, well the feeling's mutual."

"Marik?" Malik ventured, lavender eyes peering out from under the couch.

"What?"

"Why not just kick the Dark Magician's ass with The Winged Dragon of Ra?"

Marik paused. "Oh, I like that thought."

"Go back upstairs and think about it, okay?" Malik said to his other half, fighting the urge to laugh when Marik actually obeyed, smiling dreamily.

"That worked well," Ryou said to Malik.

"Better than I thought, actually."

"I should try that on Bakura sometime… Think you can lend me one of those God cards of yours?"

"Are you two QUITE finished?" Yami broke in, standing in front of them and impatiently tapping his foot. "My hikari is missing here!"

"And my yami is also missing," said Ryou tiredly, dragging himself out from his hiding place and turning to offer Malik a hand. "And we can't contact them through our respective links. There's nothing we can do."

"I'll kill him if he tries anything with Yugi."

Malik blinked. When did this turn into Lord of the Rings?

"Bakura didn't do this on purpose, Yami," Ryou tried to soothe the Pharaoh.

"How do you know?" Yami glared. "It would be just like him to screw up another plan of mine!"

"But why would he?" Malik asked reasonably. "You know as well as anyone that he hates the Puzzle."

"Right. So why would he screw up a plan to get him *out* of the thing he hates?"

"To annoy me!" And Yami was off again. Ryou and Malik exchanged looks and sighed. Having a loony yami was far better than having one that blamed everyone but himself.

*****