Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Missing ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]

*****

Disclaimer: I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh. I'm simply obsessed with it. Don't sue me, because I'm broke. /end boring legal junk

I apparently write Yu-Gi-Oh fic now. It's my newest obsession/weakness/whatever you may call it. I swear I'm 12. I think I lost 8 years in there somewhere. That's what I get from watching anime. This story was written for my best friend, who challenged me to write her a fic using certain people and a certain plot and well. Blame her.

Thank you to everyone who's been reviewing! I'm glad you guys are enjoying my crack!fic. It's fun to write, and I'm happy that someone else is enjoying the fruits of my um… labour? Whatever it is, it's FUN! *hands out crack* Here, have some. *hands out cans of Coke* And sniff coke, too. Really freak your friends and family out. "Look, Ma, I'm sniffing Coke!" *sniff Coke can*. Trust me, it works. :)

Back to Ryou, Malik, Marik and Yami! Oh, and my best friend hates me, although she made it into this fic! Probably not the way she wanted to, but she did! And she'll never tell me her secrets *ever* again I'm sure, but it makes for a helluva plot device!

*****

Missing - 4

Yami finally stopped ranting and cursing Bakura long enough to sit down. In the past four hours, he'd gone through every language known to man, and then he'd taken to ranting in tongues long dead. Made for an interesting rant, perhaps, but indecipherable. Perhaps it was for the best.

"Finally," Ryou sighed to himself, sinking into the couch opposite the former Pharaoh and closing his eyes. Malik, meanwhile, turned on the TV and began flipping through the channels, looking for something to watch. Stopping on "The Mummy" and turning the volume up to a barely tolerable level, he settled against Ryou's shoulder to watch the movie. Ryou looked down at him. "Comfortable?"

"Very. Now be quiet so I can watch the movie!" Malik ordered, poking Ryou in the side and causing the white-haired boy to giggle. Yami raised an eyebrow at them, but stayed silent.

"How can you watch this?" Ryou asked after a while, averting his eyes as yet another character was skewered. "I mean, it's not even accurate!"

"How would you know?" Yami pointed out. "Even your other half doesn't remember everything about his time in Egypt!"

"Neither does Marik," added Malik, never taking his eyes from the screen, "but I watch it anyways. It's *entertainment*, Ryou."

"If you say so." Shifting so that Malik's head was resting more squarely against his shoulder, Ryou closed his eyes and prepared to snooze while the other boy happily watched his horribly subtitled movie.

Yami interrupted the content silence. "Um, Malik."

"What, Yami?"

"Where's your other half?"

Malik didn't even bother looking over at Yami. "Upstairs. Where he's been for hours."

"Are you sure?"

"Reasonably. Why?"

"It's too quiet."

"He could say the same for you," Ryou broke in, not opening his eyes.

"Yeah, well. It's *too* quiet."

"Fine, fine," sighed Malik. "I'll go check on him." Disentangling himself from Ryou and glancing at the screen almost wistfully, Malik disappeared upstairs. Yami grinned.

"You want me all to yourself, Yami?" Ryou said, opening one eye. "Neat trick you did there, getting rid of Malik like that." Then he closed his eye again, bored.

"You're sick, Ryou."

"Why?"

"You're starting to sound like Bakura. Evil bastard."

"Both Bakura and I are taller than you are, Pharaoh, and I have a friend who would happily kick your ass. Watch it."

"The Dark Magician will kill you if you try anything. You know this, right?" Yami sounded smug.

"Whatever." Ryou wasn't the least bit concerned and, in fact, still had his eyes closed. "Now let me sleep."

"You *are* spending too much time with your yami." Yami sounded amused. "It's amusing."

"Glad I can entertain you."

The sound of shouting came from upstairs and Malik suddenly came tearing downstairs, shrieking like a little girl.

"What's wrong?" Ryou demanded, opening his eyes and jumping up in panic.

"I… I heard noises coming from Marik's room and so I went in and asked what was going on and he was sleeping but when I asked him he sat up and in bed and shouted "I'M A LIBRARIAN!" at me! He scared me!"

Yami snickered. "Someone's seen this before."

"What?"

"That was the line… she's drunk and she's proud of the fact that she's a librarian."

"Japanese subtitles?" Malik said, cocking his head to one side and looking, to Ryou anyway, adorably confused.

"The movie, idiot. You have seen the movie before, right? And you're not as stupid as you come across as being?"

"Marik and I have The Winged Dragon of Ra, Yami," Malik said, eyes narrowing. "And we will kick your ass."

"With all this ass-kicking, who's going to find Yugi and Bakura?" Marik interrupted, slipping into the room with a yawn. "Ryou wants to kick Yami's ass, who will then get his Dark Magician to kick his ass, and then Malik and I will get our Winged Dragon to kick the Dark Magician's ass, and then he'll kick Yami's ass. So who's left to find our missing members?"

Ryou and Malik both snickered. "Speak for yourself, Marik," his other half teased. "You lose your *Rod*?" Yami's mouth dropped open in shock and Marik turned bright red.

"I wish I had a camera!" Ryou laughed. "Bakura would love this -- Yami's speechless and Marik's BLUSHING!"

"Shut up," Marik and Yami both said.

"Missing your Rod!" Malik shrieked, falling back onto the couch and laughing his ass off. Ryou fell on the floor, tears streaming down his face.

Marik looked at Yami. "If I summon The Winged Dragon of Ra…"

"And I summon the Dark Magician…"

"Do you think we can get them to shut up?"

"We can try."

Ryou was the first to notice the twin evil grins. "Um, Yami…" he said nervously. "What are you doing? Marik? Yami? Put those card away. Yami… Marik, put the Rod away… Yami… MARIK!"

Yami and Marik discovered that Ryou and Malik both screamed like little girls.