Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ My last Breath ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

*Sigh* I'm in an angst, mood today... no reason why I just am. I think this story is angst... oh well I don't care. By the way, This isn't a Yoai fic.... So if you don't like stories without any Yoai, well then... Don't read this unless you want to. Review please, good, bad I'll read it all.

Also, This is Yugi thinking about Yami after Yami lost to Rafael (is that how you spell is name?) and soul was taken.

And I can't remember all the lyrics. So If you find a mistake or a piece missing. Well, sorry ahead of time.

~Italics = lyrics

Everything else is just the story obviously.

I don't own YGO. Or the song `My last breath' by Evanescence.

I own.......................... um............ something I'm sure

 

~*~*~*~*~*

 

Yugi's POV

IDIOT BAKA! Why did Yami play that card? He knew it was evil but, no! *Imitates Yami's voice* `I must play it if we want to win this duel.' But, if he didn't play it then it wouldn't have made a difference. Except the loser sacrificing his soul.

 

~Hold onto me love~

 

It won't be long until I'm completely destroyed. Or saved by my friends. Ha! As if. It'll just end up being Yami. Good job loser. You really suck now. You couldn't just throw the rock to the side during the duel or place the Seal of oricalcos (sp?) card in the graveyard.

Usually, I would be able to speak to him with our mind link. I can't hear him. But, heck maybe he can hear me. Then again what am I trying to prove?

 

~You know I cant stay long~

 

But, if I could speak to him. Just one last time. I would tell him, he was one of my closest friends. Like a brother.

 

~All I wanted to say was I love you

And I'm not afraid

Can you hear me?

Can you feel me in your arms?~

 

These are my last words...

My last thoughts...

My last tears...

My last breath...

 

~Holding my last breath

Safe inside myself

Areall my thoughts of you

Sweet rapturedlight it ends here tonight~

 

There are things I'll miss. Like playing duel monsters, hanging out with my friends. Or if I'm lucky enough, I'll completely forget about them.

Every last memory

Good, Bad, even the ones people always say happens once in a lifetime... But, It doesn't bother me.

Because mine is as good as over.

 

 

~I'll miss the winter

Aworld of fragile things

Look forme in the white forest hiding in a hollow tree

(Come & find me)~

 

 

Don't bother looking for me pharaoh. I don't want to be found. I know that you know I couldn't care less weather you come or not. Half of the tears that fly of your face are my screams of not wanting to be found.

The rest are of you just realizing how stupid you are. Yes, its my fault for pushing you out of the way, but,

Still.

If you... If it was your soul that was taken instead of mine.

I wouldn't want to be forced to live with the fact that I couldn't stop you from playing that card. Knowing that I was able to save you from it.

 

~I know you hear me

I can taste it in your tears

Holding my last breath

Safe inside myself

Areall my thoughts of you

Sweet rapturedlight it ends here tonight~

 

Some people would have called me selfish. For leaving you to deal with the pain of losing me.

I know its going to eat you from the inside out. But, as for me. I'm going to forget everything.

I won't have anymore cares in the world. But, you on the other hand...

Even if you do save me...

Even if I do get out of here before its too late...

I'll keep the same attitude I've always had with you.

You won't know that no matter what, I will never forgive you for being so stupid...

Yami, It's a strange combination I'm feeling right now...

I love you

And I also hate you

I love and hate you with my entire heart. And I won't care if you end up finding out. Because now... when you wake from sleeping every morning. I won't be there... No one will be...

 

~Closing your eyes to disappear

You pray your dreams will leave you here

But still youwake and know the truth...

NO ONES THERE~

 

So long pharaoh. If I am lucky, I'll be found. But if you are lucky, I will not be saved. And you won't have to listen to me lie.

Lie about me.

Lie about liking you dueling with me.

And lie about being glad I got out of there in time.

As my last tears roll down my face for the last time. I say my last goodbye... to you Yami. I'm not afraid of being sacrificed. And I'm not afraid of never hearing you call out to me again. I don't know a lot of things about you...

I don't know how your childhood was like...

I don't know if you were a good pharaoh or an evil one like Rafael (sp) had mentioned during your duel.

But, there are things I do know...

I know that after this...You will have nightmares of this day. You will have one every time you are about to forget this if not all the time. My last day will haunt you for the rest of your life.

And also... I know...

 

~Say goodnight

Don't be afraid...

Calling me...calling me

As you fade to black...~

 

...I know that... while the time lasted... you were a great partner to have. My only wish...

My last wish...

Is that I could have told you this.

Told you my last words that I am speaking right now...

But, like I said earlier... I will forget this, so it won't bother me that I never told you.

 

I hate you.... I love you and goodbye.

 

Normal POV

Yugi is then sacrificed to the creature Dartz was trying to bring out. And, as soon as it appears, Yami is able to spot it easily. As well as everybody else. They all know it's too late to save Yugi. Yami falls to his knees. Screaming for Yugi, and crying because of how stupid he was to play that card; Not realizing that half of his tears were for his stupidity, and that the other half was for the screaming of Yugi...

Telling Yami not to find him...

He will never know that much...

And that, is what made Yugi the happiest before he disappeared forever.

 

~Holding my last breath

Safe inside myself

Areall my thoughts of you

Sweet raptured light it ends here tonight~

 

 

~*~*~*~*~*

So.... What did you think?

 

Review and let me know. Flames are allowed.

 

And for those of you waiting for me to update my other 2 stories... I'm sorry but I still need more Jurors for my `Jury' story and I'm having writers block on `Some things change and others don't' OK?