Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Nobody Knows ❯ Nobody Knows ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
pretended I'm glad you went away
These four walls closin' more every day
And I'm dying inside
And nobody knows it but me

Seto was relaxing on a towel beside his pool. He was watching Mokuba fool around with Yuugi, Atemu, Honda, and Anzu. They were all laughing and smiling, having water fights and just being happy. Whenever one of them would look over at Seto he would put on a would be smile, and let them think he was happy. But he wasn’t. No one else knew it but he actually missed that mutt Wheeler. Everyone had automatically assumed that when Jounouchi left Domino Seto would be thrilled by the fact that the ‘Mutt’ was gone for good. It was in fact the exact opposite. With out Jounouchi around to bicker with day in and day out, Seto just didn’t feel whole. Sighing to himself he stood up and grabbed his towel. “Big brother!” Mokuba yelled from behind him. “Where are you going?”
Seto pretended not to hear him and went inside through the kitchen door, closing the door sharply behind him. Going to the fridge Seto grabbed something to drink then made his way slowly through the house to his bedroom. Once inside he locked himself in and collapsed onto his king sized bed after setting his soda on his desk.

Like a clown I put on a show
The pain is real even if nobody knows
And I'm crying inside
And nobody knows it but me
Afraid to admit his feelings, even to himself, Seto let everyone go on thinking he wasn’t bothered by Jounouchi’s absence. But it got harder and harder to do that with every day that passed. Seto found himself thinking about the other boy more and more, and many of his thoughts scared him. Seto had never before realized just how much of his life was wrapped around Jounouchi. Until he didn’t have him around to argue with and call names. On more then one occasion Seto had spent the night laying in bed, wide awake, just thinking about Jounouchi. How stupid he could be sometimes, and even about how much he loved his friends. Whenever he thought about how much time he had wasted trying to be enemies with the blonde, the more Seto’s heart ached to have even once been on eof Jounouchi’s friends, to know what it felt like to know he would always be there no matter what.
Why didn't I say

The things I needed to say
How could I let my angel get away
Now my world is just a tumblin' down
Seto rolled over onto his side and closed his eyes. Hoping against hope that sleep would come to him. But all that he got was thoughts about Jounouhi. His mind was raging with self hatred, and he kept asking himself why he hadn’t ever be truthful for once and been honest about his feelings, told Jounouchi how he felt. “I was stupid. I let him get away, thinking I hated every part of him!” Seto muttered into his pillow as his hands curle dinto fists around his comforter.

I can say it so clearly
But you're nowhere around
“I love him…but I’m to scared to tell him to his face…I had to wait till it was too late.”
I carry a smile when I'm broken in two
And I'm nobody without someone like you

Seto opened his eyes again to glare at the duel deck sitting on his desk, though he didn’t really see it. He laughed coldly when he thought about the next day when he would have to walk though the day pretending he was fine when all he really felt like doing was staying locked up in his room by himself for the rest of his life. “I’m nothing without him…” Seto whispered as he finally felt the dregs of sleep pulling him in.
I'm tremblin' inside and nobody knows it but me
I lie awake it's a quarter past three

I'm screamin' at night as if I thought
You'd hear me
Yeah my heart is callin' you
And nobody knows it but me
“AAAAAHHHHH!!!!” Seto sat up bolt right, his body covered in sweat. He looked at the clock, 3:15am…He fell back into his pillows, a hand pressed to his forehead. “That dream again…” He said, breathing heavy as his body trembled violently.

How blue can I get
You could ask my heart
But like a jigsaw puzzle it's been torn all apart
A million words couldn't say just how I feel
A million years from now you know
I'll be lovin' you still
Seto looked over at the digita clock above his computer desk, 12:15. He was late for his meeting, great. He pressed a button on the intercom. “Cancel all meeting, reschedule everything” he said coldly.
“Y-yes Mr. Kaiba, Sir.” came the shaky voice of what had to be his twelfth secretary this month.
Growling in displeasure Seto went back to staring at his computer screen. He had gotten Jounouchi’s E-mail address from Mokuba that morning and had resolved to write him. But he had been sitting in front of this damn computer for three hours and couldn’t find the words to say what he wanted, nay needed, to say.
Tomorrow mornin' I'm hitting the dusty road
Gonna find you wherever, ever you might go
I'm gonna unload my heart and hope you come back to me
Said when the nights are lonely...


Resigned to the fact that he wasn’t going to be able to tell Jounouchi everything in an E-mail Seto made arrangements for himself and Mokuba to go to Rome, where Jounouchi was, the next morning. Seto didn’t care if they had to search every inch of Rome, they would find Jounouchi and he would tell the other boy everything. Then he’d have to hope Jounouchi felt the same way. “Either that or hope he passes it off as a joke…” Seto muttered under his breath. The nights are lonely, the days are so sad
And I just keep thinkin' about
The love that we had
And I'm missin' you
And nobody knows it but me

Sending Mokuba off to do as he pleased for the day, Seto set to tracking down Jounouchi. He had to be here somewhere. Serenity had said her brother wasn’t supposed to leave Rome for another three days. Seto smiled a little as he thought of what the girl had said to him before he’d left. “I always knew you didn’t hate my brother! Don’t worry Seto, I’m sure Jou will feel the same way…go get ‘im Tiger!”

Sitting on the balcony of his seventh floor Suite in a pair of loose black and blue shorts, Seto sighed as he watched the Roman sun set. He had just gotten out of the shower but his hair was barely even damp from the heat he wasn’t used to. He turned his head slightly when he heard the door open. “Mokuba?” he called lightly.

“Not quite Kaiba…” came an all too familiar voice. Seto heart beat increased twofold as he listened as the other approached the balcony door. “Ain’t ya gonna yell at me to get my sorry hide outta here? Or have you gone soft since I left Domino?” Jounouchi asked, leaning against the wall, staring down at Seto, who was forcing himself to continue watching the nearly nonexistent sun.
Gulping Seto didn’t turn to look at him. He didn’t want to see his face, not yet. “Why are you here Wheeler?”

The blonde chuckled. “Does it really matter Seto?”

This time Seto did turn to look at Jounouchi, but when he opened his mouth to comment, he was cut off before the first word ever left his lips. Jounouchi pressed his lips to Seto, holding his face between his hands…

HA! Finished! And to think this only took me three and a half hours to write! LOL…It’s crap, I know. But it’s mine so I love it none the less. I’ve been listening to Tony Rich Project’s Nobody Knows on repeat since ….the moment I woke up and this little piece of blah is the result of doing so!! Review if you wish, doesn’t really matter to me if you do or not. Lates…KSC