Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ School Time For Kitty ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
School Time For Kitty

Disclaimer: don't own Yu-Gi-Oh or the characters, but I do own Kitty, Shane, Kuara, and any other characters that happen to be there that aren't in the show!
Sequel to Help From An Angel. Kitty goes to school with Bakura and Ryou. She meets her brother there and wonders how he'll react to Bakura (who is her boyfriend). And finally, Yami tries to steal her from Bakura. Will he? Better question is: will Shane let him?
= gotta read the 1st story to understand it.
POV~

I couldn't believe it had been a week already! Kitty invited Bakura and I to live at her house. We agreed because she does live all alone and she's the one who helped Bakura to be nice to me. He's still trying to insist on me calling him Yami, but it just feels weird to me. The only one I've ever called that is Yugi's other half. We're walking to school now. It had been really funny to enroll Kitty into school because she had no last name! I wondered if it was this hard to get her brother into school. It probably hadn't because as Kitty explained, they were only half siblings and he had a last name. Then I was snapped out of my thoughts by Kitty pinching my arm.
"What was that for!" I yelped. That really hurt!
"Would the fact you're going right passed your school be a good enough reason?" she asked innocently. I knew better though. She had that weird look in her eyes that ment only one thing: she was planning something. Something that would either get her in huge trouble with teachers or someone else. Bakura must have noticed it too because he suddenly said, "What are you up to, you little imp?"

~Bakura's POV~

She was trying to look insulted, but her eyes give everything away, "I don't know what you're talking about koi," she smiled.
"I know you better than that," I scold. "You're planning something. I want in! Mainly because I can help."
She thought about that for a moment then said, "My brother has no idea that I'm here. He also doesn't know that I look completely different from when he last saw me. So all I was planning was to see if he'll notice who I am before lunch. And if he doesn't, I'll go up to him and see what he says. Then I'll have even more fun telling him I have a boyfriend! He'll be really pissed at that fact alone! Then when he finds out I'm dating one his worst enemies it'll get really fun!" she laughs at her plan and I can't help but laugh to.
"You're truely evil Kitty. You truely are." I hear Ryou state amusedly.
"Yeah, but Bakura's a bad influence!" she pouted a bit. She looks so cute when she pouts.
"I may be a bad influence, but you love me anyway, right?" I already know the answer, but but hey, no harm in asking.
"Of course, koi," she answers then kisses me lightly. "Who else would help me in my plan? Or enjoy killing those idiots last week(1)?"
Then the bell rang so we had to get to our classes. Kitty had somehow managed to have all my classes with me. I had a feeling it had something to do with the fact she can send anyone to her realm at a pivitol moment. That's why you shouldn't piss her off at all.
"Come on Bakura! We have to get to class!"
I run after her as I lead her to our first class. I hate algebra, but with her here, it may be more fun. Then I get to my class and freeze. Her brother is in this class. It takes every ounce of self control I have not to laugh. Kitty gives me a look that says very clearly: don't screw this up Bakura! That look was enough to put me under control. Or it could be the fact that another talent she has is mind control. Oh well, it doesn't matter which it was. Shane looks at us when we come through the door. His usual smirk is in place. Then he comes up to us and says, "Well, well, the moron finally got himself a girlfriend! I'm surprised at you Bakura! She's a little hottie, isn't she?"
At this Kitty laughs. She's laughing so hard that he's really pissed, "What's your name? I would like to know who's enjoying themself at my expense."
When she finally gets herself under control she's able to say, "My names Kitty."

~Kitty's POV~

"What did you say your name was?" he asked again. I was still trying not to laugh. *VERY* hard.
"You heard me. My names Kitty. I find it hilarious that you said I'm hott Shane."
"Kitty.... my sister Kitty?" he was shocked. I could tell. I couldn't help it any more. Bakura and I both burst out laughing. When I finally got myself a little under control I was able to say, "Yes, Shane, your sister. I was wondering when you'd notice!"
At that I started laughing again. Bakura and I took seats on the other side of the room and started talking, "Did you see his face, love?" Bakura asked. "He couldn't have been more surprised! Oh I wish I had a camera! That would've made a priceless picture!"
"You mean like this one?" I ask, showing a picture of Shane's face just minutes before.
"You brought a camera with you? That's funny. We'll have to make copies!"
"Yes we do, but for now do you want to mess with my brother's mind? I used to do this all the time before he came here."
"Sure. What do we do?"
"First we call him over here and you ask him a bunch of questions. When he asks why you say 'because I want to know as much as possible about my koi's family'. Then he'll get mad because then he'll figure out we really *ARE* going out and will be really pissed. During all of this, I'll be over with his friends getting to know them. When I think you've said enough to get him mad, I come over and sit on your lap. Then you wrap your arms around me and continue to ask questions!"
"As Ryou said, you are truely evil! But how is that messing with his mind?"
"It's not really. More like just really pissing him off!" I say happily.
"All right, but you go get your brother. Then we'll start, " I could tell he was really going to enjoy this. Then again, so was I.
I run up to my brother's group. Shane looked at me really funny as I came up to him, "Shane? Will you go over and talk to Bakura? He really wants to get to know you better," I pout a little so he says yes. As he walks up to Bakura I sit down where he had sat moments before.
"So are you Shane's girlfriend or something?" one of them asks.
I giggle a little before saying, "No, but I am his sister. I wanted to come here for school. Shane wasn't expecting me to be here so he was a bit surprised."
"Where did you go to school before here?" another asks. I could tell every one of them liked me already. Ha! This'll be easy. I thought.
"I could tell you, but it may scare you," I say mysteriously.
"It won't scare us!" a third said eagerly. Fine, if they want to know, they'll have to deal with the consiquences!
"I went to Andromida Acadamy,"
"Where's that?" they all asked in unison. That was funny. About six boys all curious about where one girl went to for school.
"Right here in Domino," I state simply. "But you wouldn't have heard about it since it's an acadamy for those who study magick."
I get blank stares. I decide Bakura's had enough time and walk back over to where he and my brother are talking. I sit on his lap as he wraps his arms around me. I lean my head against his shoulder as my brother stares at us. I could tell he was pissed. Beyond pissed to be exact.

~Bakura's POV~

I wrapped my arms willingly around Kitty's waist as she sits on my lap. I've spent the last five minutes asking Shane questions that would drive any brother off the edge. I have to give him credit though, he is controling himself better than I would be able to.
"Welcome back, love," I whisper in her ear. "I'm afraid I may have gone a bit far with my questioning."
She says nothing to me, but smiles. Then she says to her brother, "Well brother, if you haven't figured out yet, Bakura and I are going out!"
"I didn't notice," he said sarcastically.
"Now Shane!" she scolds a playfully. "No need to be bitter. Just because I have a boyfriend now doesn't mean you can be mean to him. Just the opposite in fact! Bakura's been really nice to me."
I could see him softening a little when she said this to him. I could also tell he wasn't going to try and stop us because he wanted his little sister to be happy. Wait a second.... how can they be in the same grade and her still be his little sister? I decided to ask.
"Ummm, Shane, Kitty? I have a question."
"Yes, koi?"
"How can you and Shane be in the same grade, but he still calls you his little sister?"
"That should be obvious to you, Bakura," he states coldly. "I was born a few months before her."
I nod as I register this in my mind. That should be obvious. I mean, I knew they weren't really siblings. I shouldn't have had a problem figuring that out.
"By the way Shane," Kitty adds, "I think I scared your friends a bit. I told them about where I went to school, but they asked!"
By the looks of it, that's not something he expected because he turned to his friends. They were all looking past him at Kitty like she was going to kill them any second. I could feel her shaking with laughter against me. I gave her a warning look and she calmed down a bit.
Then he turned back and asked, "Why was I destined to have a magickly inclined sister?"
"Because you deserve it!" I said suddenly. Kitty looked up at me in confusion. "I mean you treat everyone as if they're beneth you! So I think the gods saw fit to give you a sister that others may deem 'weird' so that you suffer. Kitty doesn't care what people think about her. That's why she doesn't care if they don't like that she's a witch. They asked so she answered. Now you get a good pile of karma shoved in your face."
"Couldn't of said it better myself, koi," Kitty replied. She looked at her brother waiting for a response. One didn't come, he just stood up and walked back over to his friends. "I think we really pissed him off," she said simply.

~Kitty's POV~

Now I'm excited! I've never been to a normal school before. Well, what other people consider normal. I'm going to love it here! I had a lot of fun convincing my guidence counselor to put me in all of Bakura's classes. And when I say 'convincing' what I really mean is that I threatened her with my dream realm. That seemed to work out fine.

~Normal POV~

&n bsp; Nothing interesting happens in any of the classes. Kitty falls asleep in algebra because she knows it already. It wasn't until lunch that something actually happened.

~Shane's POV~

I was releaved when it was lunch. At least then I have an excuse for not talking. I can't believe she actually told my friends that she was a witch! They asked me non-stop questions until Mr. Lane came in. Though I must admit, it was amusing. All of them thought she was hott. When they first said that I glared at them all. Not one of them repeated it after that. Another thing I couldn't believe: my little sister was going out with one of my worst enemies! I mean, I don't know why I don't like him. I just don't. I suppose the reason he doesn't like me is because of what I've done to him over the years. I'm promising myself now that I'm going to at least try to get along with him.I don't know if I really can, but I'll try for Kitty.
That was when one person I just couldn't stand came over. Yami walked up to me, sat down and said something. I was forced to ask him repeat it if I didn't want to appear rude.
"What was that, Yami?"
"Ya know that girl Bakura's with?"
"Yes. I was introduced to her this morning," I replied coldly. I didn't like where this was going.
"Isn't she hott? I met her this summer at that dance our school has each summer. Did you know that she has her own realm?"
"Of course I know her," I stated simply. "Why wouldn't I know her? She's my sister and if you go anywhere near her you will regret it."
I smirked as what I said sank in. He was shocked for a bit then he said, "She's your sister? Man she looks nothin' like you! Though I should've guessed it cuz I saw you with her, but you weren't hittin' on her. That should've been a clue."
He got up and walked off. At least I don't have to worry about him going out with Kitty! That would be a serious test of my people skills. Bakura's fine by me as long as it's not Yami. I decided to go sit with Kitty and Bakura.

~Kitty's POV~

I saw that pharoh guy talking to Shane. He must've said said something about me because Shane became really pissed. Then Shane said something to him and he left. That's when Shane got up and started coming over here.
"I think Shane's going to come over here, koi," I whispered to Bakura.
He looked over as Shane reached our table, "Mind if I sit with you guys?"
"Nope," Bakura replied. "If you don't mind us acting like we're going out."
I whacked Bakura's knee, "Sarcasm wasn't needed, koi. Shane's trying to be nice to you."
"All right. Sorry."
We finished eating then we started talking. Well, more like Bakura and Shane talked while I listened. They mostly talked about how him and I met. Bakura had fun relating the story to him. Shane thought it was rather funny that we would meet through Bakura's "brother". I had sent a message to Bakura through telepathy that Shane shouldn't know about the items. Bakura agreed so Ryou became his twin brother. Bakura also left out the killing of those men. I don't think Shane would take me killing someone, no matter how evil they were, lightly. Then the lunch bell rang. Time to go back to class. I hope the other's are better than algebra.

~Normal POV~

As I said: nothing interseting happens after lunch or for the rest of the week so I'm skipping to that weekend.
WEEKEND***************************************

< font size=4>
~Bakura's POV~

I woke up Saterday morning with my plan set firmly in my mind. Kitty and I haven't had time just for us all week so I planned to surprise her. As long as she hasn't suspected something and read my thoughts, it'll work.
I creep into her room. She's sound asleep and looks so peaceful I almost have second thoughts. The key word there is ALMOST. I tiptoe up to her bed and wait for a second. She was still asleep so I pounced on the bed right beside her.
"Wake up, love!" I exclaim happily as she jumps awake.
"Bakura!" she whines. She's really cute when she whines, too! "Why'd you wake me up! I was sleeping good for once!"
I almost felt guilty when she said that. Again the key word is almost.
"Come on, get dressed! I got things planned for us today!"
"Like what?"
"Like a walk in that garden you're always bugging me about..."
"Really? Bakura you're the best! Can I pick out a good outfit for both of us?" she gave me the puppy dog eyes! Not the puppy dog eyes! Damn! I fell for them.
"Alright. Just don't make me look stupid."
"Would I ever?" she asks innocently. She thinks for a momment then snaps her fingers. She's now wearing a black, midievil dress. She looks so beautiful that I'm stunned for a momment. She snaps her fingers again. Now I'm wearing midievil style. Black pants, red shirt, and a black cape. She chose good colors. "You like it, koi?" she purrs in my ear. I wonder how she does that. I nod my head and turn to look at her again. "Good! Now lets go!"
She takes hold of my hand and starts pulling me out of the room. Correction: she *TRIES* to pull me out of the room. I watch her and try not to laugh until she realizes we're not going anywhere, "Well, come on! It was your idea."
"I know," I laugh, "but watching you try to pull me out of the room was pretty funny."
Then she gives me one of those looks that tells me she's planning something again, "What are you planning now? Could it be a way to get me out of the room?"
I shouldn't of said that because she mutters something then I feel myself lift off the ground. I jump a bit then realize what happened.
"Fine! I'll go out on my own! Put me down!"
"What's the magic word?" she asked teasingly. I knew she'd find a way to make this interesting.
"Ummm, please?"
"Noooooooo, the other one."
"What other one?! Damn it! Put me down now!"
She looked hurt for a second, but she said,"Fine! Be that way! Sar pasos!"
Then I fell on the ground. She laughed a bit as I tripped over my cape trying to get up.
"Can you help me up please?" I ask patiently. "If you don't, who knows how long it'll take me to get up. Then we won't be able to go on our walk."
She laughed again, but helped me up. Then we walked downstairs, left a note for Ryou on the table, then left. As we got to the garden path I couldn't help but gasp. It was beautiful! I didn't even know these flowers grew in the fall! Kitty giggled a little at how funny I looked then led me to a bench in the middle of it all.
As we sat down, she put her head on my shoulder and sighed. She closed her eyes for little while and absently started playing with my hair. I love it when people play with my hair. It's so relaxing. I sighed too before leaning my head against her's. We just sat there for a long time. When I finally think of something to say, she makes me forget it as she kisses me. My mind goes blissfully blank as the kiss goes farther.

~Kitty's POV~

As we pulled apart, I rested my head on Bakura's shoulder. Then I saw something that made me want to laugh. Ryou was sitting in the bushes in front of Bakura & I.

~Ryou's POV~

I still couldn't believe I was doing this. Obviously Bakura hadn't read the note Kitty left for me on the table.
Ryou,I know you don't have anything planned this morning, do you think you could do me a favor? Can you get my camera from on top of the fridge, go into the garden, and take a picture of Bakura and I? Make sure Bakura doesn't see or sense you. Pretty please! I'll give you chocolate! And won't it be the perfect thing for you to have? Of course, I'm not saying you should make Bakura do anything against his will, but it just might come in handy ^_~ Besides, it's the only way I'll get a decent picture of him.
Thank You!
Kitty


Now here I am about to take a picture I know my yami doesn't wouldn't anyone to see. Then again Kitty did have a point. A copy of this might come in handy. Then I see Kitty looking at me. She's smiling as if telling me to go ahead. I raise the camera and press the button. Damn! I put the flash on! Bakura gets up and walks over. I can tell he's pissed now. Kitty follows behind, giving me what I guess is supposed to be a reassuring smile. Bakura picks me up by my shirt collar.
"What are you doing?" he asked dangerously.
Before I can answer, Kitty walks up and says calmly, "He was doing a favor for me, koi. I knew you wouldn't let me take a decent picture of you willingly so in the note I left him, which you didn't bother reading by the way, I asked him to help. Now will you please put him down?"
Bakura was surprised at that. He set me down and looked at Kitty for a few seconds. Then he did something would've never expected. He laughed! He laughed so hard that I thought he was going insaine. I backed up a few steps, but Kitty stayed where she was. I think she was reading his mind to find what was so funny. Then she started laughing, too. So I decided to send a message through the mindlink to find out what was so funny.
<Bakura, what's so funny?>
<<The fact that Kitty could think of no better way to get a decent picture from me!>>
<How is that so funny?>
<<Thin k for a second, Hikari. What is Kitty?>>
Then it hit me. <Oh yeah..... I guess it is sort of funny.>
<<Sort of?! It's hilarious! Witches are supposed to be exallent problem solvers. Even if this did work, I still found out. So it wasn't exactly the best thought out plan.>>

~Kitty's POV~

When I finally stopped laughing I noticed Ryou and Bakura were talking through their mindlink again. I thought of something I could do to get Bakura's attention again. I thought of a very amusing idea and decided to go for it. I knew neither of them would notice me moving so walked up behind Bakura and ran a hand through his hair. I laughed as he jumped and looked around him.
"It's not polite to have conversations others can't hear, Koi," I stated amusedly. "I had to get your attention somehow."
"You can read minds, remember?" Ryou said quietly.
"Oh yeah, I forgot about that... So what were you guys talking about?"
"I was just telling Ryou what we found so funny. It took him a little bit to figure out just how it was funny."
"Okay!" I said cheerfully. "Ryou, can you go back home now? Bakura and I aren't done our walk yet."
When I said that, Ryou started laughing hysterically. I read his mind to see what he found so funny this time, "Ryou! You little pervert! That's not what I ment and you know it! Aren't hikaris supposed to be innocent?"
"I was until I met my yami." Ryou replied simply.
"Hey! I'm not that bad of an influence!" Bakura said indigently.
"Yes you are, but I'm a worse one," I added. "Now shoo Ryou. And anymore sick ideas like that and I'll take away your comics for a month."
I could tell that threat sunk in because Ryou raced down the path torwards home. I knew that would work. He loves his comics.
Then I turned back to Bakura who was back on the bench. I sat next to him and leaned my head against his shoulder again. We stayed like that for a few minutes before Bakura asked, "What was Ryou thinking?"
"You have a sick mind, you figure it out. Boyfriend plus girlfriend plus walking alone equals only one thing to a sick mind."
"Oh! That's my Ryou! He's learned a lot since he met me!"
I elbowed him a little. That wasn't really what I expected him to say, but it didn't surprise me. We stayed on the bench for about another half hour before Bakura stood up and said, "Let's go back. I think it's almost dinner."
"You're right! We've been here almost all day. But can we stay long enough to watch the sunset?" I pleaded.

~Bakura's POV~

Ack! The puppy dog eyes again! I don't want to give in, but the eyes! They're too cute! Finally I give up and say, "Fine. I guess a few more minutes won't hurt."
"Yay!" she yells as she hugs me. A bit too tight I might add.
"Um, Kitty, you're squishing me," I barely whisper. She hears me and lets go.
"Gomen nasi, koi. I just love sunsets."
"I can tell. Now let's watch it before it goes down without us." I laugh. She giggles a little and lays her head back on my shoulder. I love it when she does that.

~Normal POV~

Kitty and Bakura stay to watch the sunset then go home. They eat supper then it's kinda late so they go to sleep.
DAY********************************

~Bakura's POV~

I woke up to my alarm clock going off. That's weird. I don't remember setting it last night. And Kitty's been waking me up lately.
I hit the alarm button and my hand touches a piece of paper. I pick it up and read it. It's a note from Kitty. Why would she need to leave a note when she can always wake me up? I read the whole thing and groan.
Morning Koi!know I usually wake you up, but I got called for a meeting at the council. I had to leave pretty early and didn't want to wake you up. But then I thought that I couldn't leave you to wake up on your own because you'd never wake up if I did. Anyway, I should be home around lunch time. Don't worry too much if I'm a little late. I have a feeling this meeting is about me. Why can't they just say when they contact you that you're going to be the topic of the meeting before you get there so you're at least prepared for what happens? Okay, I love you. I'll see you when I get home.
Kitty

So I have until lunch to be bored out of my mind? Ryou's at Yugi's and I can't go to Malik's and Marik's house because who knows what I'll interrupt. They've been together for how long? Oh yes, a year. And they get really pissed if anyone walks in on them kissing or doing things I'd rather not think about. I remember that time I accidentally came in on them making out on their couch and got sent to the shadow realm for a while.
I wandered to the kitchen to make myself some breakfast. There I found another note. Again it was from Kitty.
Hello Again!wrote this note to remind you not to eat everything in the house. I know Ryou's not going to be home and you hate cooking so I left you something in the microwave. If you don't remember what I said about opening it, you press the big black button! Okay, love you & see you later!
Kitty

I opened the microwave to find warm pancakes. I absolutely love pancakes. Kitty's only known me for two weeks and already knows me too well! I set the pancakes on the table and get the syrup. Wait a second. There is no syrup! Damn it! How can I eat pancakes without syrup?Then again I'm kind of happy Kitty doesn't have access to more sugar. The last time she was hyper was living hell (1). Having my pants lit on fire isn't an experience I want the displeasure of having again. So I decide butter would do fine. I get that and a glass of milk then begin to eat. Kitty makes the best pancakes! I wonder what she puts in them.
I spend the rest of my time flipping through T.V. channels and starring at the ceiling. There was practically nothing on so watching the ceiling was more fun.
At about 12:30, Kitty came through the door. I could tell the meeting had been a pain because she looked really tired and flopped onto the couch next to me. She was wearing a black robe for all of five seconds before she snapped her fingers and was wearing black jeans and a black tanktop. She leaned her head against my shoulder and sighed.
"Rough day, love? Your meeting wasn't that bad was it?"
"Worse," she groaned. "They said that if I was going to go to an normal school I couldn't use my powers there. Then they said that because I had found a holder of one of the Millenium Items I had to study them and their yami. They said it would be 'good for reaserch.' Dipshits the lot of 'em!"
I could tell that she was really stressed so I started giving her a little massage. I could tell she liked it because she wasn't as tense any more and calmed down a lot.
"You enjoying yourself, love?" I whisper in her ear. She nods and I continue.
After about ten minutes, I noticed her head was drooping a bit. I looked closer to dicover she had fallen asleep! I pulled her onto my lap before I stood up to bring her to her room. I placed her on her bed and covered her with her blanket. Then I crawled under the blanket too and wrapped my arm around her waist. She sighed and snuggled into my chest. Sleeping will help her a lot. She was way too stressed when she had gotten home. I hope she feels better before school starts tomorrow.
MORNING***************************************

~Kitty's POV~

When I finally woke up I could tell it was Monday. The sun was just begining to rise. I felt Bakura laying next to me with his arm around my waist. He had even brought me to my room after I fell asleep! He's such a sweetheart. I turned to face him and wake him only to find him already awake. He smiled and kissed my forehead, "Feeling better, love?"
"Thanks to you," I reply. "But now it's time to get up and get ready for school!"
I hear him groan as he gets up. I can tell he doesn't want to go to school, but he has to. I can tell it's going to be a very interesting year.