Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ School Trip ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
School Trip
Summary: Okay, I literally dreamt this story. There's a school trip and things might get interesting when a new student uses many different tactics to make Seto realize his feelings.Seto/OC; Yugi/Yami; Bakura/Ryou; Joey/Otogi; Honda/SerenityDon't own Yu-Gi-Oh, but if I did then Bakura & Marik would be mine, mine *MINE*!!! I also do *NOT* own any movies or books, songs, ect. Mentioned in my fic!


"Tia wake up!!"
"Huh?" I asked as I was jumped awake by my mom.
"If you don't wake up, you'll miss the bus for your trip!"
I quickly got out of bed and got dressed. As I ran downstairs, my mom handed me a cereal bar to eat on my way to the bus stop. Grabbing my skateboard, I rushed outside to make the bus.
Oh, maybe I should introduce myself. I'm Tia. Not to be confused with that annoying girl Tea. A one letter difference in name, and a very large personality gap. She's a prep, I'm a punk. She roller blades (I hate roller blades), I skateboard. Her favorite colors include pink, bright purple, and any other bright colors. Me, I like black, red, dark purple, and other dark colors.
Now that I've got that set straight, I started going to Yugi, Yami, Ryou, Bakura, and the rest of the gang's school about three weeks ago. Even though our group is really diverse, we're really tight. I don't know why, but I make friends - and enemies- rather quickly.
But one takes the cake: Seto Kaiba. The rich, seemingly coldhearted millionaire that I fell in love with quickly. I've seen him around his brother and have been wondering why it's just his brother that can see him that way and not others.
Yay! Here's the bus! My class is going on a class trip this week. Each person is in charge of a small ship-type-thing in Domino Bay. Of course Seto's bringing his own, but hey, the dude's rich, he'll do stuff like that.
I walk down the aisle of the bus and since I'm the last stop, there's nowhere to sit but with Seto. Well, Yugi or Ryou could sit on the laps of their yamis & no one would care, but they know I like Seto so they don't bother. I walk down to the last seat to where Seto is.
"Mind if I sit here?" I ask tentively. I don't really know how he'll react, but hell, might as well be polite.
"Not really," he replies moving over a little so I can sit down.
He continues paying attention to his laptop for a little while before I notice he's been shooting glances at me since I sat down. Wonder if he likes me how I like him. I wish. Well he keeps looking at me so I guess he does, but he just won't admit it to anyone but himself..... and maybe Mokuba. So I decide to come up with a plan.
I sit and think for a few minutes before I come up with an idea. I whip out my cell phone and dial Ryou & Bakura's cell number.
"Hello?" I hear Ryou answer.
"Hey, Ryou. It's Tia. Give the phone to Kura for a minute."
"What's up?" I hear Kura reply as he takes the phone.
"Kura...." I begin in a little kid's voice that usually gets the yamis, and everyone else in my group, to do what I want.
"What do you want this time? Is it a plan to get that guy of yours to actually notice you exist?"
"He already has noticed!" I exclaimed quietly to not attract attention of anyone. "And yes, I have a plan, but I can't tell you now. I'll tell ya when we're at the docks, but I need your help. Please?" I asked again in the kid voice.
"What's in it for me?"
"You get to mess with his mind & you'll be helping me by doing it."
"Alright."
"Thanks Kura! Oh, could you ask Ryou if he'd like to help, too? It'd help even more."
"Sure."
"K, buh byes!"
"Later."
As I turn off my phone I notice Seto looking at me before asking, "What was that about?"
"I was talking to Bakura about something I plan to do this week that I need his help for. What's so odd about that?"
"Besides the fact you're asking an evil bastard for help..... no."
"He's not a bastard, and even if he is a little sadistic, he's not evil," I reply.
"Whatever." he says as he turns back to his laptop.
'What could she possibly need help from Bakura for?' Seto thought. 'I just hope my plans work out this week. If they do then she'll be mine and only mine.'
We arrived at Domino Bay around noon and had lunch. After that they were assigned to the boats by two. Ryou and Bakura were together. So were Yugi and Yami then Joey and his new boyfriend Otogi. And finally, Honda was bunked with his girlfriend Serenity.
As everyone was paired, I slowly realized that I was going to be paired with.....
"Tia and Seto! You will share boat 5!"
I almost couldn't contain my joy. I smiled and looked to Seto for his reaction. I saw a swift flash of something in his eyes that almost looked like happiness, but I couldn't be sure.
'Looks like the teacher did her job,' thought Seto. 'I guess they *ARE* open to bribery after all.'
Seto typed something in his schedule and turned to look at boat 5. It was his boat, but no one else knew that. He'd had it specially made for that week.
"Now listen up!" our teacher yelled. "Each group will be given a certain area to stay in. The people in each group must live with each other for the week. There will cameras set up everywhere except the bathroom for obvious reasons."
Almost everyone's faces fell at that. All except Bakura, Seto, and mine. Bakura didn't care if there were cameras or not. I didn't want to give away any thought they anything might happen, and I'm not sure about Seto.
Seto and I went to our boat thing and walked around. We discovered there was one bedroom that had two beds and a door on each side that leads to a bathroom. I looked in the one on my side and almost laughed. It had red walls and a black marble floor, tub, and sink. I looked across the room into Seto's to see blue walls with white marble. This whole ship was beautiful! I had a sneaky suspicion that this wasn't the school's boat, but who cares?! Everything I was to use seemed as if it were specifically tailored to my tastes. Like the bedding I had sported pictures of my favorite card, Lady Assailant of Flames, in various attack poses. I flop on my bed and begin to take the stuff for that week out and put it away.
First, I start with my clothes and put them neatly in my dresser. On top of the dresser I put a picture of me with my little sister, Sarah, along with my makeup box. Then I take out some tacks and pin up my posters I brought with me. One is Lady Assailant, the rest are my favorite bands. They include: Jack Off Jill, Operation Ivy, Blink-182, and Sum 41.
I lay down on my back then look over to Seto's side. It's kinda like mine only his bedding has Blue Eyes White Dragons all over it and he has a picture of him and Mokuba on a blue dresser that is undoubtedly filled with his cloths now. He also had a poster of his Blue Eyes and posters of the same bands I had up.
I looked at him questioningly and ask, "You like those bands, too?" He nods. "I'm sorry, but you seem more of the type of person who listens to classical, not punk or Goth music."
He shrugs then says, "Mokuba's said that, too. He's never complained though because since I like them too he gets to go to their concerts."
"I know I wouldn't complain."
Then, seemingly out of nowhere, he asks, "Are you hungry? I know for a fact the kitchen is well stocked. I checked myself before the ship was dropped off."
"So this is yours!" I exclaim triumphantly as Seto looks as though he was going to smack himself. "Then how did you know I was going to be put with you? And for that matter, how in the seven hells did you know black and red were my favorite colors? I can understand you knowing about my favorite card. I only bring it with me everywhere."
I knew I had him stuck for answers, but I have to give him credit for coming up with something quick, "I asked Mrs. McKinley who I was being paired with because I didn't want anyone who would annoy me too badly and when I saw it was you I just thought I'd make the living space in here a bit more personal so I asked Bakura for your favorite colors and of course I notice you bring that card everywhere with you."
"Alright, and actually, yea, I am hungry. Let's go."
Seto led me to the kitchen where he started going around and collecting things to make dinner.
"Sit down at the table. I like cooking myself," Seto told me as I got ready to do something to help.
"Whatever you say, Seto," I say skeptically. I've never really met a guy besides Ryou that likes to cook.
After a little while, the kitchen smells wonderful and I'm getting even more hungry. I can smell rosemary and potatoes and am hoping that he's making my favorite potatoes.
Another five minutes goes by when he turns around carrying potatoes with the rosemary just as I hoped and lemon garlic chicken.
"I made my favorite meal," he states simply.
"Your favorite meal?" I ask. "It's mine, too!"
"How many more things do we have in common do you think?" Seto asked.
Before I can answer I hear something that almost makes me laugh.
"Hey Tia!!" I hear Bakura yell.
I run up to the deck with Seto right behind me. When I get to the deck I see Bakura and Ryou's boat beside ours with Bakura hanging onto some ropes.
I smile to Bakura and he smirks at Seto behind me, "Ryou and I have come to ask you if you'd like to be with us. You know, as in our girlfriend. Well, how about it?"
Seto growled before pulling me to him and saying, "Not on a cold day in hell. She's mine."
"Am I, Seto?" I ask amusedly as he realized what he said.
"If you want to be," he replies softly.
I turn around so I'm facing him and kiss him. When we pull apart both Bakura and I start laughing.
Seto scowls before asking, "What's so funny?"
"Would you like to tell him, Tia?" Bakura asks with an amused glint still in his eyes and a smirk on his face.
"Sure. Seto, remember when I was talking to Bakura on the bus? And remember how I said I needed his help with something?"
"You needed his help to get me," Seto ended with sudden understanding.
"That's pretty much the gist of it," I reply with a shrug. "So why don't we go back to the kitchen. Our food will get cold if we don't eat it soon."
"Alright."
After dinner we decided to watch a movie, but couldn't really decide on what to watch.
"I think we should watch The Ring," Seto suggests after about ten minutes of thinking.
"Okay. I've never seen it before so what the hell!"
We sat down on the couch. Seto was at the end and I was practically in his lap with his arm around me. I stood up for a second before just flopping onto his lap and snuggling against his chest. He wraps his arms around me and kisses the top of my head.
"You do know this is a scary movie, right?" he whispers to me as the previews start.
I nod my head and reply, "But I've heard a lot of people say it isn't too bad."
After about thirty minutes, however, I'm huddling against him shaking as I force myself to watch it.
"We don't have to finish it if you don't want to," Seto whispers to me.
I shake my head and say, "If I don't watch all of it I'll have nightmares for weeks."
He nodded in understanding and turned back to the movie while hugging me closer to him. I relaxed against him and watched the rest of the movie. The only other part that really freaked me out was when that girl came out of the well and I screamed. Seto pulled me close again until I stopped screaming which was a couple seconds because it scared the shit out of me.
When the end of the movie came I was thinking it had a pretty stupid ending, but for once the good guys didn't completely win. They never figured out how to end what the girl was doing.
It was about ten when the movie ended and I yawned as I stood up off Seto's lap.
"Tired?" he asked softly.
I yawned again before nodding and heading towards our room.
I hadn't taken more than two steps before I felt myself being picked up and carried to the room. I snuggle into his chest and sigh just before he tosses me onto my bed and walks over to his dresser to get his cloths to sleep in. I do the same and head into my bathroom and change. I came back out wearing my baby blue tank top that says 'GIRLS RULE!' in pink and the matching bottoms that has the same logo on them repeatedly with hearts and stars of many different colors. Seto's already laying under his blanket reading. I walk up to him and he looks up as I get closer.
"Girls rule, huh?" he asks with an eyebrow arched under his bangs and smirking. "You don't seem the type to wear something with pink on it, dear. I don't really think it's your color."
I grin before saying, "Well, if you had any fashion sense you would know that I look good in anything! And you would also know that even though you look unbelievably sexy with it on, you're trench coat is outdated by about five years."
"You do look good in anything," he agreed, "And I know I look sexy in my trench, but it's not outdated, it just came out last month."
"Fine, but I got you to admit I look good in anything!" I exclaim as I climb into bed and turn off my desk light.

~Seto's POV~

I watched her fall asleep before I turn my own light off. I only lie there for about five minutes before I hear her yell and I quickly turn my light back on. I look over at her to see she's still asleep, but is having an awful nightmare. Her face is contorted in pain.
"Please don't!" she yells for about the tenth time.
I rush over to her and sit her up, "Tia, Tia! Wake up!"
She wakes up with a sob and starts crying against my chest. All I can do is just sit there and attempt to calm her while she's crying.
When she finally stops I ask, "What was your dream about? By the way things sounded you've been to the abyss and back in that dream. Please tell me and I'll do whatever I can to make it better."
"This is something you can't make better, Seto," she whispers softly.
"Well can you at least tell me what it was about?" I ask calmly.
She nodded her head before saying, "Did you know I was adopted, Seto? No, not many people do. When I was little, around six, my parents died and left me and my brother to fend for ourselves. My brother was eight and quickly learned to survive so he could keep me alive as well as himself. There were times he didn't eat because he wanted to make sure I was never hungry. He got into a lot of fights with guys so he developed a lot of skills which he needed because somehow he managed to piss of almost every gang in town. Well one day, when I was about eleven, we were walking around town when we heard a lot of footsteps coming towards us. Darian suspected something and told me to hide in the shadows of the ally beside us. An entire gang came up and started fighting with him. He didn't have a chance against them. They killed him and just left him there for someone to find. I remember crying my eyes out before promising that each and every one of that gang would pay dearly. So I trained. I trained for weeks at a time without stopping before I was convinced I could kill them. I wasn't about to try and jump all of them though. I waited until they were either alone or just two of them and took them out one by one. I saved the leader for last because he was the one that had actually killed Darian. I let him see how his numbers dwindled down to just him and then I made his death most painful. About a month after I was found and sent to an orphanage where my new parents and little sister brought me home. I felt loved there. It was like having my own family back and I loved it. I adore Sara. I love Daniel and Emily who I've started calling mom and dad, but I'll never forget Darian. He was the person who looked out for me and made sure I stayed alive even when he didn't. He told me to hide because he knew if they found me that they would do as they pleased with me first and then kill me as they had him I remember promising myself the day he died that I would never cry again. I guess I broke that promise."
I looked down at her in my lap while she told me all of this.
When she finally finished I said softly, "That's terrible, but it's okay to cry, love. Now are you happy you finally got that out?"
She nodded and leaned against me. She sighed before whispering, "I've never told anyone that story before. I feel a lot better now."
I started absently playing with her hair like I do with Mokuba's whenever he's upset. She sighs again and smiles.
"I love it when people play with my hair," she says sleepily, "Darian used to do it when I cried about our parents."
I'll have to do it more often then. I thought. I continued to play with her hair until she fell asleep. I didn't want to wake her up so I just dozed off with her still sleeping in my lap.
The next morning, I woke up to find Tia had gone off somewhere. I got up and checked the bathroom. Not there. I looked through the rest of the boat until I reached the kitchen.
I smelled something cooking and opened the door. Tia was at the stove wearing an apron. She was cooking something and didn't notice me come up behind her. I wrapped my arms around her waist while whispering, "Good morning, love."
She jumped a little before turning in my arms so that she was facing me.
"Good morning to you too, Seto," she replies before giving me a quick kiss before turning back to the stove.
"So what are we having for breakfast?"
"Pancakes my way. They have two spices you wouldn't normally find in pancakes, but you'll hafta figure out what they are on your own!"
I laughed before replying, "Alright. Are they almost done? I'm really hungry!"
She giggled a little before answering, "Yes, they're done actually!"
She turned around and walked over with two plates full of pancakes. I took a bite out of one and chewed happily. I swallowed and exclaimed, "These are the best pancakes I've ever had! Can you *PLEASE* tell me what you put in them?!"
Tia looked like she was thinking really hard for a moment before giving me a mock-defeated look and saying, "Fine! I'll tell you. It's nutmeg and cinnamon!!!"
I smacked myself for not realizing that. Those are the main spices in everything I cook and since I cook the same things she does. Well, except pancakes. Wouldn't she use the same spices I do?
I finished off my pancakes then got up and went over to her. I scooped her up in my arms and she squeaked as I did it.
I laughed, "You scare easily, don't you my little neko?"
"I'm not a kitten!"
I started stroking her hair and she made a slight purring sound.
"See? You're my little neko! You even purr like one!"
She sighed in defeat, "Fine, but you're my chestnut!"
I gave her a questioning look, "Chestnut?"
"Yeah! Like your hair! It's a pretty chestnut color!" she exclaimed while beginning to play with my hair.
"So what are we going to do today?" I asked curiously. "Or do you not have anything planned?"
"Nothin' special planned actually. Thought we'd just cuddle on the couch and watch Chicago. Sound good to you?"
"Chicago?" I asked. "Isn't that a musical? I really don't like musicals. They irritate me so much."
She looked at me with adorable eyes and said, "Can we *PLEASE* watch it Seto? Pretty please? I know you'll like it! It has guns and killing and court cases! Please?!"
I sigh before giving up, "Fine, but only because you used the puppy dog eyes on me. Or should I say *KITTY* cat eyes?"
"I like kitty cat eyes better. I don't like dogs."
"Then how can you stand to be near Joey? He's a mutt if there ever was one."
"Seto.." she warns me. "I don't want you making fun of my friends. They've been really nice since I moved here."
"Alright. I'll at least try to get along with them.. But don't expect too much."
She pouts a little before pushing in the movie and crawling back into my lap.
"I *KNOW* you'll like this movie, Set! I just *KNOW* you will! It's really cool!"
"I don't know, koi," I reply, "I've never liked musicals. They've all gotten on my nerves a lot."