Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Start of a New Destiny ❯ Episode 1 ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 
(Yu-Gi-Oh theme song)
 
 
Episode 1: The New Girl Arrives
 
 
(At Domino High)
 
It was a beautiful sunny day and you can hear the sound of the school bell. All the students at Domino High were chatting and talking away at their desk. "Hey Yugi" greeted Jounouchi to his best friend. "Hey Joun-kun!" Yugi greeted back as he sees Jounouchi walking over to his desk. "So, how you been?" asked Jounouchi.
 
 
"Fine, could be better" replied Yugi trying not to worry his friend. For you see for the last couple of weeks Yugi has been receiving weird dreams lately about an Egyptian girl but after last night the dreams have gotten strange. "Hey Yugi, Jonouchi " greeted a girl with short brunette hair and blue eyes walking up to them.
 
 
"Hey Anzu" greeted Yugi and Jonouchi once they notice her. So, once Anzu meets up with them they all engage in a chat when suddenly another figure walks up to them. "Hey guys what's up?" asked a certain teen. "Oh hey, Honda" replied Anzu as the teacher just walked into the classroom.
 
 
"Good morning class, please take your seats so I can take attendance. Then I'll be introducing to you our newest transfer student" said the teacher, Ms. Kimiko as the students took his and her seats. 'Wow a new student I wonder who could be' wondered Yugi as he waits for his name to be called by Ms. Kimiko. Once the attendance was finished the teacher spoke again.
 
 
"Class I would like you all to welcome your new classmate" announced Ms. Kimiko as she turns to the door. "You may enter now" Ms. Kimiko called outside signaling the student to enter the classroom. Then a girl about Yugi's height entered the room and stood in front of the whole class.
 
 
"Class this is your newest classmate Heila Ishtahl who has come all the way from Egypt" Ms. Kimiko explained as she introduced a girl with light tan skin, black hair with the hint of pink, and round rose-pink eyes, wearing a Domino High uniform. "Hello" greeted Heila to the other students. "Now where to seat you" replied the teacher as he tries to find her a seat while in the mean time Yugi was looking at her in shock.
 
 
'It's her, the girl from my dreams' exclaimed Yugi in his mind. "Ah there's a seat right next to Yugi, Yugi will you raise your hand" remarks Ms. Kimiko. Yugi does as asked and raised his hand allowing the girl to notice him and take her seat. Once seated the Ms. Kimiko begins today's morning lessons.
 
 
'Heila Ishtahl hmm, I wonder by any chance she's related to Malik, Isizu and Rishido Ishtahl' wondered Yugi as he caught a side glance at her only to spot something gold hanging from around her neck. `Hmmmm, I wonder' thought Yugi as he turn his attention back to the teacher.
 
 
Later that afternoon
 
 
It was now noon and Yugi and Jonouchi were playing friendly game of duel monsters. "Ok, Yugi I summon the Flame swordsman (1800 atk) in attack mode" replied Jonouchi, as he lays the Flame swordsman on the field. "Pretty good move but not good enough Jonu-kun for I summon the Black Magician to attack (2500 atk)" replied Yugi as he summons his favorite monster in the game of duel monsters.
 
“NANI!" exclaimed Jonouchi only to make Yugi laugh. Just then Heila notice that Yugi and Jounouchi were playing Duel Monsters and decided she wanted to play too so she goes into her bag, takes out her deck and heads over to where the boys were. "Ok! Yugi try beating this" Jonouchi said as he makes his next move. "Excuse me!" calls a voice causing Yugi and Jonouchi, along with Yugi's other friends to look to see it was the new girl holding a deck of cards with a smile on her face.
 
"Can I play?" asked Heila as she holds her deck of cards in her hand. "Sorry, but were professionals only a true duelist can handle us" remarks Jonouchi only to get slapped upside his head by Anzu. "OUCH! Hey watch it” braked Jonouchi as he raised a hand to rub the back of his head. "That's no way to treat a new student" replied Anzu angrily. "Its ok" replied Heila. "Hey you aren't by any chance related to Malik, Isizu and Rishido Ishtahl are you" questioned Yugi.
 
 
"Yes, you see they're my cousins” replied Heila. "So, how are they? For we haven't heard from them since Battle city" asked Yugi. "Oh their fine for before I moved here I was living with them. Wait a sec! Your Yugi Motou, am I correct” asked Heila. “Yes I am” replied Yugi. “Oh! I want to thank you for saving my cousin, Mailk from that evil being and helping him find his way. For I was so scared I'd lose him forever but you helped him from which I'm grateful" said Heila showing her gratitude with a smile. "Umm! I was happy to do it” replied Yugi just as the bell rang. "Well time to go to our next class" said Honda as everyone heads for their next class.
 
 
After school
 
 
It was now the end of the school and Heila was by her locker putting on her shoes when Yugi and Jonouchi walk up to her. "Heila" called Yugi trying to catch her attention. "Hun? Oh Yugi-kun, hey" chirped Heila once she saw him. "I just wanted to say sorry about how Jono-kun acted and also Jono-kun has something he wants to say to you don't you Jono-kun" said Yugi as he pat Jonouchi on the back.
 
 
"Yea, I'm sorry I said that to you" Jonouchi apologized before getting a goofy like grin on his face. "It's ok, I know you didn't mean it" accepted Heila as she, Jonouchi, and Yugi walk down the hallway and heading for the entrance only to meet up with Anzu and Honda. "Anzu, Honda-kun Hey" shouts Yugi as he waves to them. "Hey Yugi, Jonouchi, Heila" shout Honda. "Mind if we walk with you?" asked Anzu. "No not at all" replied Heila as the five of them walk out of the school and down the street together.
 
 
As they walk down the street Yugi and Heila engage in conversation, "So tell me that game you were just playing in class today it's called Duel Monsters, right" questioned Heila. "Yea! Can you play?" asks Yugi. "I'm pretty good" admits Heila. “Well, my grandpa owns a game shop" remarks Yugi. "Aeeee, you have your own game shop?" asked a surprised Heila. "You bet!" answered Yugi. "You're so lucky" admits Heila. "Say would you like to come with me and my friends so you can check it out" asks Yugi all of a sudden. "Yea; that would be great" replied Heila. "Ok let's go" replied Yugi.
 
 
"So Yugi, are we still going to your grandpa's game shop" asks Jonouchi to his pal. "You bet; I want Heila to see what kind of cards my grandpa has" answered Yugi. "So she plays duel monsters too" asks Jonouchi. "Yea!" answers Yugi. "Come on let's go guys" replied Anzu. "Right!" replied everyone. So, Yugi takes Heila along with the others to game shop.
 
 
"So tell me Yugi do any of your friends like dueling like you do?" asks Heila to Yugi. "Yea, my friend Jonouchi does" answers Yugi back. "Is he any good?" asked Heila. "Yep, he won second place in the Duelist Kingdom Tournament and 4th place in Battle City" stated Yugi proudly. "Oh yea and you got first place in both the Duelist Kingdom Tournament and the Battle City" remarked Heila happily.
 
 
"How did you know?" asks a shocked Yugi. "Threw my cousin Malik, he's told me a lot about after they returned, plus I read in it the paper and I must say I'm honored to meet you" replied Heila. "So, have you competed in any competition" asks Yugi with a blush. "Yea before I started school" admits Heila. "So are you planning to enter more tournaments" asked Yugi in wonder. "Yup; but it's not until another few months" answered Heila.
 
 
"I'd like to challenge you someday" admits Yugi. "Maybe you will and when we do we'll give it all we got, right?" asked Heila with a smile. "Right!" replied Yugi, with a smile of his own. Just then the gang finally reaches the turtle game shop. "Well here we are" replied Yugi. Just then they all enter the shop to notice Mr. Mutou putting some new cards away. "Jii-chan, I'm home!" exclaims Yugi to his grandfather. "Hey, gramps" replied Jonouchi, in his usual greeting. "Hey kids what's up?" asked Grandpa Mutou.
 
 
As Mr. Mutou went to greet the kids, he noticed that there was a new kid in their group. "So who is this cute young lady" asked Mr. Mutou as he walks over to Heila. "This is our new friend, Heila" replied Yugi, before turning to Heila. "This is my grandfather, Mr. Sugoroku Mutou". "Nice to meet you, Heila" replied Grandpa Mutou, as he shakes Heila's hand. "Nice meet you too, sir" greeted Heila. "She just enrolled in our school today and guess what jii-chan she from Egypt" explained Yugi, happily.
 
"Is that so; you know I been to Egypt" remarked Grandpa Mutou. "Really?" asked Heila in surprised. "Yes, I was invited to a dig in by my friend Professor Hawkins, and I explored the Pharaoh's Tomb" Grandpa Motou explained. "I see, so how was it" asked Heila.
 
 
"It was exciting; we discovered a lot of amazing things” answered Mr. Motou. “Tell me Heila, do you play Duel Monsters" asked Grandpa Mutou. "Yes I do, Sir" answered Heila. "Are you good?" questioned Mr. Muto. "Yup, I've played Duel Monsters in many places before I came to Domino City" Heila replied proudly.
 
 
"Who taught you how to play?" asked Grandpa Mutou curiously. "My cousin taught me everything I needed to about duel monster" answered Heila. "Well I would like to see how good you play, how about a having duel with my grandson Yugi right now" proposed Grandpa Mutou. "Sure!" replied Heila. But suddenly Heila felt a strange jolt go through her body and she knew that she needed leave right now. "On second thought, maybe another day I have to go home now" replied Heila, suddenly. "All right" answered Grandpa Mutou.
 
 
"Do you really have to go?" asked Yugi, as he looks to Heila. "Yea, my cousins are going to call me soon to make sure I got here safely" explained Heila, to Yugi. "Ok! So I'll see you tomorrow" bid Yugi. "Umm! Well later, everyone! See you tomorrow" replied Heila as she turns to leave the game shop. "Ja ne!" exclaimed everyone else, as Heila waved her hand good bye to her new friends and left the shop. As Heila began walking home she realized that there was a golden glow coming from her backpack, so she opened it up and picked up her Millennium Locket in her hand and watched it glow. `Why is it glowing like this?' thought Heila, to herself as the Locket continues to glow as if something was about to happen.
 
 
Anzu: Next time on Yu-Gi-Oh, Heila's Day out and the Mysterious shadow. Get ready to duel.
 
 
(Yu-Gi-Oh ending theme)