Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Start of a New Destiny ❯ Episode 10 ( Chapter 11 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 
 
Start of a New Destiny
 
(Yu-Gi-Oh Theme Song)
 
Episode 10: A duel to save my friends, Jounouchi vs. Laila
 
"Are you ready?" asked Laila as she stands in front of Jounouchi. "You bet" replied Jounouchi as he holds out his duel disk. "Then by all means let's duel." And with that said the duel between Jounouchi and Laila began.
 
"I'll start things off" said Laila as she drew her five cards plus one additional card before looking at them. `Hmm; interesting cards' thought Laila with a smirk on her face as she making her move.
 
"I'll summon one card face down in defense (def?) And lay one cover card as well. Now it's your move Jounouchi” said Laila as she ends her turn. "Fine, it's my move so watch out?" shout s Jounouchi as he draws his card.
 
`Hun; Not a bad start but what sort of monster did she hiding from? Well I won't find out by standing here, I'll have to attack her to find out and I think I have just the monster' thought Jounouchi.
 
"All right then? I summon Flame Swordsmen to attack (atk 1800/def 1600) and I'll have him attack your face down monster" orders Jounouchi as he sends his Flame Swordsmen to attack Laila's face down card. As Flame Swordsmen attack the face down card his attack was reflected back at him. “What happened?”
 
"You fell for it; you've attacked my Spirit of the Harp. She has a defense of 2000. So you just lost 200 life points" remarks Laila as Spirit of the Harp appeared on the field and Jounouchi's life points was reduced to 3800.
 
"JOUN-KUN" shouts both Yugi and Heila as they continue to struggle against the black ooze that was slowly pulling them under. "Err! Before that I lay one card face down and end my turn" and with that said Jounouchi turn was done.
 
"Poor Jounouchi; at this rate you'll never save your two friends" laughed Laila as she draws her next card, "I offer my Spirit of the Harp to summon my Flame Pegasus in attack (atk 2250), Go Flame Pegasus attack his Flame Swordsmen now" orders Laila as she sends her flying Pegasus towards Jounouchi's Flame Swordsmen.
 
"Gaa!" shouts Jounouchi as he shields his face as her Flame Pegasus destroyed his Flame Swordsmen, lowering his life points to 3350. "Ha ha ha ha; this is like taking candy from a baby. Once I've beaten you, I'll have your two friends... This is perfect" laughs Laila as she looks to Jounouchi. “Ahhhhh” screams Yugi and Heila as they were starting to sink even more into the black ooze.
 
`Man! If I don't do something fast, I'll have my butt handed to me but more importantly I'll lose Yugi and Heila too and I won't let that happen not if I can help it' thought Jounouchi as he draws his next card. "My move and I'll summon Little Wing Guard in defense mode (atk1400/def 1800) and end my turn" Jounouchi stated. "Tch! Such a weakling! Maybe in another millennium or two you'll be a better duelist" mocked Laila.
 
"Look it isn't based on whether I have skills or not, duel monsters is all about heart and soul and learning to trust in your deck. Once you accomplish that you'll be able to do anything" Jounouchi declared. "That's right Joun-kun, you tell her" cheered Yugi who heard Jounouchi's comment. “That's right, show her what a true duelist is” cheered Heila.
 
"Tch; Do you actually think I care? Duel Monsters aren't about heart or soul? It's about stomping out the weak so the strong can live and strive" remarked Laila. "You actually believe that?" asked Jounouchi in disgusted. "Yes I do and I'll prove it” said Laila as she drew her card, “I'll summon Beautiful Head Huntress in attack (atk 1300) and I'll sit one card face down. From here I end my turn.”
 
“It's my turn! I'll sit one card face down and end my turn” declared Jounouchi as the face down card appeared on his side of the field. “It's my turn, draw!” Laila looked at the card she drew and a big smirk appeared on her face. “I hope you're ready because I play the magic card, Stop Defense.”
 
“Nani” Jounouchi gasped in shock. “I use this magic card to make your Little Wing Guard come out of defense and go into attack” Laila explained as she saw the magic card make Little Wing Guard go into attack.
 
`Not good' thought Jounouchi. ”Now go Flame Pegasus attack his Little Wing Guard now" orders Laila as Flame Pegasus attacks Jounouchi's Little Wing Guard reducing his life points to 2500 and the black ooze drew Yugi and Heila further down.
 
"Now, Go Beautiful head huntress attacks his life points directly” Laila orders sending Beautiful head huntress to launch an attack on Jounouchi. "Not so fast... I activate my quick magic card, Scape goat" shouts Jounouchi as he activates his magic card. "NANI" shouts Laila.
 
Beautiful head huntress destroyed one of the scape goats but since they have no attack, Jounouchi's life was safe. "This duel isn't over yet I'll find away to stop you and free my friends" declares a determined Jounouchi. "Err! Why you?" growls Laila as her attack failed on Jounouchi's life points.
 
"Alright" Heila shouts for joy. "Great move Joun-kun that's putting an end to her attack" cheered Yugi. "Yea" replies Jounouchi as he turns around to Yugi and Heila and giving them his famous thumbs up. `Why that little loser; How dare he, he shall pay for this' thought Laila's angrily in her mind. The Battle between Jounouchi and Laila was beginning to fire up. So the question is who will the goddess of victory smile on and will Jounouchi be able to summon the right monster that will help save Yugi and Heila.
 
To be continued
 
Anzu: Next episode of Yu-Gi-Oh, The Power of Courage. Heilmos, the dragon of Courage! Duel Stand by!
 
(Yu-Gi-Oh Ending theme)