Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Trip to anime world ❯ Settling In ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter Four- Settling In
When we arrived at the house, I gasped.
“Oh my god. It's beautiful!”
“Amarie, you can sleep in any room but mine or Mokuba's.”
“Any room?” I asked, raising an eyebrow.
“Don't be sarcastic. Now we still have to get you the uniform for school.”
I made a face.
“You have to wear uniforms? Please don't tell me that they are tacky colors like green and purple. Those colors are only nice on flowers.”
“They're pink and blue.”
“Okay…” I wasn't too happy, but it was not like I had much of choice.
Once I had picked a room, we started the process of making it for a girl. Mokuba and I were about to leave to go shopping when I stopped.
“If we are going shopping. And we have Seto's credit cards, who is gonna stay and decorate the room.”
“The interior decorator.”
“Okay, let's go shopping.”
Four hours later, we came home. It had taken us much of the time to get all of the things that I needed. I tried to be inexpensive. But Mokuba insisted.
“You must have been poor before you came here.”
“Well, my parents were very poor. I had to work just to be able to get a prepaid phone.”
“You worked?”
“In a candy story. And then they took out a tenth of what I made.”
Mokuba winced. “Yow.”
“And to make it worse, I couldn't file to get this back so they got to keep it. I hate taxes.”
“And the uniform for school too.”
“It's just not me. But since I have to finish school to go to college, I guess it's a price I have to pay.”
“What do you want to go to college for?”
“I don't know, yet. And besides, I have a few years to decide.”
When we got back to the house, I began to put everything away and jumped on the bed. It was so comfortable. “Ah, I am going to love being rich.” I said giggling.