Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ While You're Sleeping ❯ While You’re Sleeping ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

WHILE YOU'RE SLEEPING
 
I Don't Want To Miss A Thing
Aerosmith
 
I could stay awake just to hear you breathing
Watch you smile while you are sleeping
While you're far away and dreaming
I could spend my life in this sweet surrender
I could stay lost in this moment forever
Every moment spent with you is a moment I treasure
 
You know, I don't really care about sleep. During the night, I prefer to stay awake… I prefer to watch you. You're so handsome when you're awake… then, when you sleep you look… made by porcelain, an angel… an angel of pure light and purity. You smile… your dreams seemed to be wonderful. What are you appreciating so much during sleep? I wanted to get into your dreams… in this wonderful land where you're smiling. Actually, I can do that, but… I know that's wrong to manipulate the dreams, you don't deserve to be interrupted at this time. I think it's so good… just watching you, here, sitting at your side in bed. These hours we are alone, just the two of us, they're the ones that I like most… my treasure, my hikari…
 
I don't want to close my eyes
I don't wanna fall asleep
'cause I'd miss you, baby
And I don't want to miss a thing
'cause even when I dream of you
The sweetest dream will never do
I'd still miss you, baby
And I don't want to miss a thing
 
I'll never tell you, I'm sorry to hide this from you, but my worst nightmares are about you disappearing, going away… I can't bear it anymore, I even can't imagine this happening. When I have these dreams, I don't sleep after them, I prefer to stay here and certify myself that they will not be anything more than this, dreams… it's because of this that I'm awake now. Even in my dreams, you never cease to give this smile… this personal light that you have, that warm my soul like anything since 5000 years ago…
 
Lying close to you feeling your heart beating
And I wondering what you're dreaming
Wondering if it's me you're seeing
Then I kiss your eyes and thank God we're together
And I just wanna stay with you
In this moment forever, forever and ever
 
Do you know what are the few good things in being a spirit? When you want to do something without being noticed, it's not that hard… I know, the sarcasm was terrible, but in this moment when I'm here, close to you, hearing the gentle sound of your heart beating, I can say that I'm happy that you can't feel me now… I don't alarm you with my “weight” and you don't wake up with fear of me. Fear… did you remember when you finally notice my presence inside the Puzzle and in your mind? You looked so… terrified… all the time I remember your look in that moment I felt like a gigantic thorn thrusted in my heart…
Gomene…” Slip between my lips, but was so low that you'll never hear…
But now everything is okay… we're together, you are not afraid of me anymore. I can stay… this way… close to you. I never wished so hard for the time to stop like I'm wishing now… I thanks Ra, Kami, any God that's hearing now and was the answerable one for keeping me in this world until today, `cause I could meet you…
 
I don't want to close my eyes
I don't wanna fall asleep
'cause I'd miss you, baby
And I don't want to miss a thing
'cause even when I dream of you
The sweetest dream will never do
I'd still miss you, baby
And I don't want to miss a thing
 
Despite of everything, the night goes on… and I'm still here. I'll not sleep, I don't need to… I can sleep during your classes, they're so boring that really seems like a lullaby to me… I'm sorry to say this, but you know that I'm sincere. During them you're in no danger, I can guarantee this `cause I've watched them. There will be no problems if a mere ethereal creature like me sleep during it… no one will notice, for sure… My lips formed a sad smile after this thought. No one… but you. You're the only one that can really see me, the only one who know how I really look like. Anzu, Jounouchi, and the others have just a vague idea, and sometimes not even it… They're always confused about it, aren't they? Unless when we warn them that we change… right? I muse when they'll notice… my soul, my heart… so different from yours, as much as the light and the darkness.
 
I don't want to miss one smile
I don't wanna miss one kiss
Well, I just wanna be with you
Right here with you, just like this
I just wanna hold you close
Feel your heart so close to mine
And stay here in this moment
For all the rest of time
 
You moved a little during the dream, that caught my attention. Your smile continues, in a happiness that I can't know why. I wanted so much… to touch you… to be able to… hold you. That's something strange, huh? Moments before I was happy because you can't feel me, but now… I wish so hard to have a body for myself, my real own body, now. With it, I would tell you what I feel, would ask for a hug, we would exchange kisses, I'd put you lying on my chest, and then we'd sleep… together, maybe dreaming about the same things… I lean against you again, you moved like you felt, but I know that's nonsense, you don't have how. You're so warm, Yugi… even like a soul, I can feel it, your body is warm, your heart is so enthusiastic, so affectionate… Wish I could say that I love you, that even if I was really a pharaoh in the past, I think that I didn't have anything so precious than you are to me, now.
 
I don't want to close my eyes
I don't wanna fall asleep
'cause I'd miss you, baby
And I don't want to miss a thing
'cause even when I dream of you
The sweetest dream will never do
I'd still miss you, baby
And I don't want to miss a thing
 
The sun… Is it morning already?… You'll have to wake up soon, and I'll can't hug you like I'm doing right now. I'll have to continue the theater that I don't feel anything, that we're just best friends… Even if I told you what I feel, what could we do to continue together, if I'm just a… shadow…? The only thing I can do for you is continue to protect you, to help you, `cause is because of my unknown past that you ache, fight, run so many risks… just to help me and your friends. When the night comes again, I can continue my lonely `appreciation'… And now, while you slowly wake and stand up, I keep in the most precious part of my heart and mind the beautiful image of my angel, smiling smoothly while he sleep, and I show again my common look of `fraternal love and smile', in the same time that I say to you the same of all mornings:
“Ohayo, Aibou…”
 
OWARI
 
;;blowing my nose;; I told ya that was pure Sugar and Angst, didn't I? And sorry for my grammar, I'm not that `big head' in English, so I do what I can. ;;Sobs;; Now…
OKII (sniff) NEKO NO (chuif) KISU (snif sniff) JA NE… (buuáááááá ;á…)