Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Wish Upon a Star ❯ Chapter 9 ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Yeah, yeah, I know it took me an eternity, but I got an extreme case of writers block (nothing unusual about that) and I started watching and anime called Death Note… I'm working on a fanfic for that too… once I get over my writer's block.. ^_^… so anyway, if you read this please tell me what you think.
 
AN: I don't really know if it snows in Japan that often or not.. I just wanted it to happen ^_^.
 
Chapter 9
 
Yugi tuned away from the closed door and frowned reminiscing the conversation he had had with Honda. Was it actually possible that he loved someone besides his Yami? He shook his head; that was nonsense. His Yami had always been there for him, walked with him through the darkness and the light. Kaiba, on the other hand, had been his rival for as long as he could remember.
 
He continued as his footsteps echoed through the empty white tiled hallway. Kaiba was his rival; he had always been nothing more than a rival. His eyes grew wide as he grew closer to the closed glass doorway, “Could it be,” he whispered, “that all this time I never really thought of Kaiba as my enemy, or even my rival, but as someone I truly cared about?”
 
“No, no, no, no, no, no,” he stammered stepping into the dim lobby, “I guess I could always talk to Kaiba later, but-.” As he placed a hand upon the cold glass of the entrance he let his jaw hand open seeing a white spot fall from the dark sky high above.
 
He smiled, “So it really did snow,” he said opening the door as he stepped past them slowly. What if Kaiba was still in the parking lot? Yugi stopped; the doors slammed shut behind him. “What can I possibly say to Kaiba now?” His eyes wandered to the small flakes slowly beginning to fall from the gray clouded sky, but his attention was averted as a long black car moved slowly towards him. The headlights shone bright before his feet as the car passed him slowly. It stopped once last door was before him.
 
The door opened and the same small figure stepped out; its smiling face was revealed in the bright light of the headlights, “Mokuba,” Yugi whispered trying his hardest to keep himself from frowning. “It was very nice of you to wait for me.” He smiled wide and stepped forward expecting his reply.
 
“Oh,” Mokuba laughed stepping back into the car, “It wasn't really my idea. It was Seto's. You see, it started raining for a few seconds, but then Seto said that it might start snowing that we should wait for you. So, you should thank Seto for it.” Mokuba stopped and smiled jumping from the doorway onto the sidewalk, “In fact,” he said enlacing his fingers behind his back, “Why don't you go on in. You can sit next to Seto for a while.”
 
He smiled happily as Yugi nodded and silently stepped into the limo and sat on the seat next to Seto Kaiba, “Um, thank you, Kaiba,” he said slowly as Mokuba sat beside him and closed the door.
 
Kaiba smiled and motioned to the driver to continue, “Yeah,” he sighed taking a small brown book from the carpeted floor below his feet.
 
Yugi frowned turning away from Kaiba slowly. The car was dim, so why was Kaiba trying to read a book? He sighed softly and looked down; the seats were black leather and still seemed to squeak when he moved even the smallest bit. He turned to the window next to Mokuba and smiled.
 
The child seemed to be entranced by the sight of falling snow; he ignored the irritated looks Kaiba threw his way and continued to stare into the magnificent silhouette of falling snow. “Yugi,” Mokuba whispered motioning to him to move closer.
 
Yugi glanced in Kaiba's direction and moved closer to Mokuba, “What is it?” he whispered noticing the distress on Mokuba's face.
 
“Seto talks about you,” Mokuba whispered after confirming that Kaiba had not heard, “but he talks about two other people too. That makes it hard to figure out who he likes and who he doesn't like.”
 
“Two- others?” Yugi thought to himself; he felt himself growing green with envy. “Wait, wait, what am I doing?” he thought in an attempt to calm himself, “If there are two others maybe it's not me. Maybe I can forget about him.”
 
Mokuba turned to him slowly, “Yugi?” he whispered, “are you alright?” he asked leaning against the door.
 
Yugi nodded, “I'm fine Mokuba,” he smiled in return before continuing. “Now, could you tell me who else Kaiba talks about, please? I'd like to know. Maybe I could help you figure it out.”
 
Smiling happily Mokuba nodded after glancing in Kaiba's direction, “Ok,” he whispered, “He talks about you, Ryou, and Jonouchi. I'm not sure who he talks about the most, and he doesn't make any different facial expressions when he talks about one person. So, I don't know if he likes those people or not.”
 
“Oh,” Yugi sighed, “Well, what does he say about them?” He crossed his fingers unconsciously. It was becoming clearer and clearer. He must like Kaiba; why else would he be getting these feelings?
 
Mokuba raised a finger to his bottom lip before squinting his eyes in thought and replying, “Well, when he talks about Jonouchi he says things like he does when he runs into Jonouchi on the streets or something. Nothing really flattering, but I have seen him say things under his breath after he says those things. Then he smiles, I think.”
 
Yugi gave a soft gasp; he opened his mouth to respond but the words refused to come out. He let out a soft sigh and whispered, “And how about Ryou? What does he say about him?”
 
“Well,” Mokuba began shifting in his seat, “He usually doesn't talk about him around me; it's more like he talks to himself quietly. I don't usually hear what he says.” He smiled, “So, I don't know if it's good things or bad things.”
 
“And- me?” Yugi choked out hoping Kaiba had either been ignoring them or had terrible hearing. “What does he say about me, Mokuba?”
 
Mokuba bit his lower lip and averted his eyes to look at the ceiling, “Well, he says good things, bad things, and sometimes things that are kind of confusing,” he whispered locking his fingers behind his head and enlacing his fingers in his black hair. “Like, sometimes he'll say a bad thing then combine it with a good thing. I'm not sure if he means that in a good or bad way; that's why I say those things are confusing.” He smiled in Yugi's direction, “Well, at least you have Yami,” he said slightly louder.
 
Yugi's body froze; “At least you have Yami,” it played in his mind repeatedly. Kaiba, why did he have to interfere? Why did this night have to come? “Why is fate so cruel,” Yugi sulked down in his seat turning so that he faced forward.
 
He took slow breaths as the car approached the small card shop. It stopped by the small show, and Mokuba opened his door slowly, “This is where we're going to drop you off, ok, Yugi? Seto has a meeting, and I'm staying over with someone. You can walk from her right?”
 
Yugi nodded stepping out of the car behind Mokuba. The white specs in Mokuba's hair disappeared as he jumped back into the heat of the long limo. The door was shut as Yugi stepped away, and the car sped away out of sight.
 
“Well,” Yugi whispered reaching into his pocket, “Grandpa did give me a key; maybe I could just stay here for the night.” He turned to the shop slowly, “That would be better than having to talk to Yami about this.” He sighed approaching the locked doors, “Yeah, I'm just not in the mood.”
 
He took the small golden key from the pocket of his loose jean pants and unlocked the door cautiously. After glancing in every direction he opened the doors and stepped into the dark shop. His grandpa had bought a small couch for the shop; it wasn't comfortable, but it would have to do for tonight.
 
Yugi groped through the darkness in search of the couch, and after circling the room at least twice he found it against the wall. He let himself fall onto the couch and closed his eyes. If he believed hard enough sleep would come soon, and he could fly away.
 
_____________
 
The table had been knocked to the side, and the sofa had been flipped completely reversed. “What the-,” Bakura whispered letting Ryou slip down onto the floor.
 
Ryou gave a small chuckle before standing slowly, “Follow me,” he whispered to Bakura, “I think I know who did this.” He smiled as Bakura nodded; Ryou led Bakura down the hallway peeking past open doors into the lifeless rooms. “Here,” he whispered before forcing the closed door open.
 
Bakura let out a howl of laughter as he turned away from the room, “Malik,” he managed to get out between gasps for breath, “Marik, why in hell are you here?” He turned back to the room and held a hand over his mouth stifling another roar of laughter, “And why did it have to be on my bed?”
 
The two boys on the bed scrambled to find their discarded clothes that lay scattered around the room. “S- s- sorry,” Malik stuttered taking his pants from the dresser, “We- we just- I knew you'd find Ryou so I decided to come back and- and Marik was near here and since it started snowing we thought we'd stay here. I'm so, so, sorry.”
 
Marik nodded in agreement as he continued to pull his clothes on. Once he had pulled all of his clothes on his stepped toward Bakura and smiled, “I'm glad you found him, and I'm really sorry about this, Bakura, believe me.” He motioned to Malik and took a step through the doorway.
 
Malik followed as he attempted for the third time to pull his shirt over his head, “I'm coming, I'm coming,” he stuttered scrambling over the sheets, blankets, and pillows that had been thrown from the bed. “Slowly,” he added slowly stepping through the door and following after Marik.
 
Bakura turned to Ryou as the front door slammed shut, “Funny, I was going to offer them to stay tonight.” He smiled as Ryou nodded and sidestepped into the hallway. Bakura smiled to himself and placed an arm around Ryou's shoulders, “So, what should we do?” he asked following Ryou down the hallway, “I don't really feel like cleaning up this place right now. We'll have to get Malik and Marik to do it later.”
 
Ryou nodded, “I want to do something else right now,” he laughed taking one of the coats from the coat-rack next to the door. “Follow me,” he said taking Bakura's hand and leading him through the doorway.
 
Snow had packed on the sidewalk and settled upon the grass and trees in the park. Ryou pulled Bakura along in the slowly falling snow across the street. They walked through the park swiftly; Ryou stopped as they reached the small bench upon which he had sat not too long ago. He smiled sitting in the piled snow that had gathered on the bench; he glanced up at Bakura slowly. “This is my favorite place to sit in the park,” he said softly as Bakura sat by his side.
 
Bakura smiled slightly and kicked his feet so that the snow cleared away leaving wet grass beneath his feet. He placed an arm over the back of the bench and took Ryou's hand into his softly. “See?” he whispered as Ryou turned to him, “I can change. I will change; if that'll make you happy.”
 
Ryou's mouth went dry, and his heart pounded. “B- B- Bakura,” he whisered; he smiled and averted his eyes to the pure white ground. “I loved you even back then. I've always loved you; so, there's no need to change. I'll always love you no matter what you're like.”
 
“Oh,” Bakura sighed lifting his hand to Ryou's cheek, “even so, I'm going to be better to you. I won't hurt you anymore. I'll always be here for you; I'll show you that I really love you.” He moved his thumb to stroke Ryou's cheekbone and smiled, “You know I love you, right?”
 
Ryou smiled as his cheeks shone crimson, “U- um- y- u- uh-,” he stammered as Bakura moved closer. He closed his mouth as Bakura leaned closer and pressed his lips against his.
 
A shiver ran up Ryou's spine as his body grew warmer, “Bakura,” he mouthed wrapping his arms around Bakura's neck as the kiss deepened. Snow fell upon their heads blending into their hair.
 
The snow continued to fall around them as they separated, “You know,” Ryou chuckled as his cheeks shone crimson once again. “I've always wished you'd kiss me in the snow,” he smiled slightly, “or the rain.” He placed his hands upon Bakura's shoulder's and smiled, “So, do you know where everyone else is?”
 
Bakura frowned, “No,” he replied, “they were helping me. I guess they must have gone home.”
 
“And what about Jonouchi?” Ryou asked as his eyes glimmered with tears.
 
Bakura moved his hand from Ryou's cheek to the back of his neck, “Don't worry about them; you can worry about them later. Now, you're with me; why don't we just go back home?” He kissed Ryou's cheek softly and smiled, “We can check on everyone else later.”
 
Ryou smiled shedding the mask of anxiety, “Alright,” he said standing from the bench and letting Bakura take his hand softly, “let's just go home.” He followed as Bakura took slow steps through the snow leaving footsteps behind leading from the bench across the park and back to the same house.
 
 
_____________________________________________________________
 
 
 
OHHHHHHH…..GOSH…. I KNEW I should have saved that scene for the ending… it SOUNDS like an ending right?? Shoot… well, what's done is done.. HEY!~! I've got another idea for the end.. ^_^ nevermind! Anyway, please Comment! I think this chappie was good…was it?