Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Mental ❯ My Salvation ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 5
My Salvation
 
 
Quatre walked into the lobby, he had exactly fifty-nine days to help Kurama. It was day three. The brunette at the desk met him.
“Hey,” she said. “I've been asked to inform you, that in about a month, a couple soldiers, the Kiens, are coming to make sure nobody at our hospital is a Gundam Pilot in hiding. Just for our safety. Just so you know.”
Great! Thought Quatre I'll have to press my luck against these, Kiens.
He approached room 123 he saw a lot of men and women in white running around the hall, yelling. They were pulling Kurama out of his room on a stretcher. The redhead looked blankly up at the ceiling, he looked a cross between dazed and thinking `Here we go again!' Quatre hurried up and tapped a blonde woman, dressed in all white on the shoulder. She turned; her big blue eyes took Quatre off guard.
“Yes?”
“Umm,” Quatre recovered his senses. “I'm Qu - Dr. Quatre. Where are you taking Kurama?”
“We're taking him to the operation room at the other side of the hospital to get his stomach pumped,” she replied. “The nurse came in to give him his anti-depression, but after she unlocked the cabinet he snuck 24oz bottle of aspirin and took more than two-thirds of it after she left. He's in a state of daze now, but we think he'll be okay.”
 
Three days later…
 
Quatre burst into room 123. Kurama sat up. The room had been repaired, the cloths were put back, the glass cleaned, but the mirror was nowhere in sight.
“What were you doing? You could have died!” he cried. Kurama shrugged.
“I could have had my salvation.” Quatre sighed. It was no use fighting someone so stubborn. He put his head in his hands. It was silent for a few minutes. Quatre felt a light tap on his back. It was Kurama.
“Why do you try to help me?” the redhead asked.
“Because I believe I can.” And then, Kurama did something. Something he had been too afraid to do in years. He smiled. And bit of an unsteady smile at first. But in the end it was the warmest smile Quatre had ever seen. A smile that could shatter you soul. Quatre found himself smiling back. “Promise me you'll never attempt that again?” Kurama hesitated, but nodded. They we truly brothers now. Then the filled with noise. Quatre peered out the door to see the Kiens, they were coming…way to early!