Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Chaos ❯ Prolouge ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Prologue

Two friends stared at the dying wasteland they once called Tokyo. Demons had come forth and destroyed everything in the paths. They were the only survivors of a group of friends that survived.

They both had just lost everyone they'd ever loved. Humans were now a dying race. Some idiot had once again built a bridge across the two worlds and they were all dying for some idiot who was all ready dead.

After their last mission they thought they would be free to do what they could. The battered young man with black hair had hoped that he could finally settle down with his human wife and maybe have a few kids, yet his dreams were shattered when their home had been destroyed.

He and his young wife had to go into to hiding until his red headed friend; his short black haired friend and his big stupid friend had come found him. His big stupid but brave friend had died to protect his young but old wife, and she had died to protect her brother and he died to fighting to protect his own wife. His mother died throwing herself in front of an attack that should have killed him. His red headed, green-eyed friend's sweet mother had died in the process of trying to usher several young children out of the way. His own wife and unborn child died from wound received doing something she never should have attempted.

She had died trying to fight against a demon twice her size. She had almost won out of sheer determination until the damn demon had poisoned her body. The demon died by his own hands and he held his young wife as she died.

A ferry girl of death he knew only too well had taken the souls of who had died in the battle. He had briefly seen her as she took them, but then they had to get out of the building to safety. He would have like nothing better to do than stayed and fought as long as he was alive. Yet the words of his dying wife had stopped him.

Unshed tears threatened to spill as he looked at his only friend left alive. He two had suffered many wounds and would probably die. Not that it really mattered. They were all going to die some day. He had hoped that he had solved the demon world problem when he had proposed the tournament and it had worked for several years until someone won that only wanted death of the human race.

He gently set his red headed friend down against a large tree that looked to be very old. Then he too set down and settled into an uncomfortable silence as he remembered every detail of his old lie.

"They're all dead. Everyone we ever knew."

"Yes," said the red headed young man in a pain-inflicted voice.

He looked up in concern at his friend, "Are you okay?"

His friend laughed bitterly, "No Yusuke, I'll never be okay."

"Mama!" screamed a young girl as her mother shielded her unconscious brother from a deathblow.

The demon leered at the fallen human and smirked at the young girl in the corner by her grandfather's body. He laughed at her pathetic attempts to find her bow that had been destroyed in the fire moments ago.

As the demon came forward to make short work of her, something inside her snapped and fell together. Energy blazed from her as she remembered the pain-filled glanced of her mother and grandfather. As she remembered her friends beyond a destroyed well that she would never see again, and as she saw a lizard type demon head toward he dead mother and her barely alive brother the room exploded in a pure white light. Purifying energy was every ware as she closed her eyes and screamed in fury and pain.

Her powers had come undone and no demon in that house remained as the powers reluctantly receded back into their mistress. The black haired woman looked around the room as she struggled to move toward her brother.

She felt relief as she saw her brother's chest rise and fall in steady breaths. She grunted as she picked up her brother and took one last look at her dead family and destroyed shrine as she quickly left.