Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Desire of Hope ❯ The New Assignment ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 1:

The new assignment

Koenma and Boton sat in Koenma's office waiting for Yusuke, Kuwabara, Kurama and Hiei to arrive from Earth to the Spirit World but it was taking them longer than usual and Koenma was very impatient with the announcement of the new assignment he was planning to bestow on all of them when they all arrived that is.

Boton: "Koenma sir. I told the boys what time to be here so you could tell them more about the assignment." Boton said sweetly.

Koenma: "And you expect them to remember?!" He yelled.

Boton: "Well yes sir. But then again they all just got back form the Dark Tournament." She stated honestly.

Koenma: "That's no excuse to be late!!"

The guys on the other hand were standing out side of Koenma's office enjoying the fact that the little twerp was throwing a hissy fit. Yusuke finally decided it was time to rescue Boton so he and the rest of the guys walked in with smiles on their faces.

Yusuke: "Hey What's up Koenma?!"

Koenma: "This is not the time for jokes Yusuke!"

Yusuke: "Well Sorry just trying to lighten the mood in here."

Hiei: "So what's this new assignment Boton was talking about?"

Kuwabara: "Yeah is it going to be dangerous?"

Yusuke: "What do we have to do this time?"

Kurama: "Hopefully nothing we can't handle."

Koenma was having trouble telling them that there new assignment was to protect a young half-breed demon girl by the name of Haven because he knew that they would probably laugh at the idea of having to protect a demon half-breed girl. Koenma gave a sigh and began telling them about Haven.

Koenma: "The new assignment is you guys have to protect a young demon half-breed named Haven."

Kuwabara: "So you want us to protect a demon half-breed because he can't protect himself."

Koenma: "Sorry Kuwabara but Haven is a girl about the age of 17 and she is in great danger."

Yusuke: "What type of danger are we talking about?"

Koenma: "There is a demon named Hellfire after her because she is the only female half-breed known."

Hiei: "So she is a real find to this Hellfire demon?"

Boton: "She is very rare to this world and the human world."

Yusuke: "You mean not many half-breed demons are born?"

Boton: "No actusually a lot of half-breeds are born its just…"

Koenma: "They are always male never female."

Kurama: "So she needs to be protected. Why?"

Boton: "If Hellfire gets a holed of her she could very well become his wife and give birth to a child."

Hiei: "So what's the big deal?"

Koenma: "The big deal is that she could very well produces a demon more powerful then even Toguro."

Yusuke: "That's not good."

Kuwabara: "So how do we find this Haven chick anyway?"

Boton: "Yusuke you should know she is one of Kayko's new friends."

Yusuke: "What you mean Haven is one of Kayko's friends?"

Koenma: "Yes Yusuke Haven is one of Kayko's friends."

Yusuke: "Did you tell Haven to become friends with her?" he asked.
Koenma: "No because Haven doesn't know she is a half-breed or what a half-breed is."

Yusuke: "Oh Ok come on guys lets go meet Haven and Kayko."

As the guys were leaving Kurama stopped he still had a question to ask Koenma and then he would catch up with the group later on.

Kurama: "I'll catch up to you guys later I gotta talk to Koenma."

Yusuke: "Alright man."

Kurama walked back into Koenma's office to ask a much-needed answer from the pint-sized ruler.

Kurama: "Koenma sir?"

Koenma: "Yes Kurama what is it?"

Kurama: "It's about Haven, sir."

Koenma: "What about Haven?"

Kurama: "If she doesn't know she is a half-breed then how does Hellfire know?"

Koenma: "That's a good question, but I don't have the answer."

Kurama: "Ok Koenma I must be going I have to catch up to the gang."

Kurama left Koenma's office to catch up with the gang. Koenma knew he shouldn't lie to his 'detectives' but he had to admit it was going to be surprising when they found out that Haven knew that she was a demon half-breed and that she knew about them. But still he thought and wondered how Hellfire knew about Haven when only himself, his father and Boton knew about Haven.

End chapter 1