Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ FAMILY SECRETS ❯ Gwen's Date-Episode II: When Dads Attack! ( Chapter 14 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

FAMILY SECRETS

[AnimeJunkie’s Room]

As AJ begins typing her next chapter, the YYH gang starts talking and raving about...who else... Nano!

Yusuke: MAN! NANO IS HARDCORE! I never knew she had moves like that! *looks at Kuwabara and puts his hand on his shoulder* Kuwabara. Sorry dude, but if we have another tournament, she’s replacing you!

Kuwabara: Heh. That’s fine with me, as long as I don’t have to fight her. ‘Still, did AJ HAVE to have me lose an arm-wrestling match to her? That’s just wrong on SO many levels.’

Hiei: A chimp could replace you and be an improvement, Kuwabaka. Exactly how many one-on-one fights did you win in the Dark Tournament...ONE? And that was only because you saw Yukina in the stands.

Kuwabara: Your point? Seeing Yukina’s pretty face was all the strength I needed. *flexes and grins as Hiei gives him death glares*

Kurama: I agree that Nano is an...interesting lady. I wonder what she has in store for her granddaughter? How is she gonna fix her up for our date? And more importantly, are we gonna finish it?

AJ: Now that’s up to me and my co-author Kali. You guys will meet her soon. Which reminds me, I wonder if she has any fics she wants to plug? Speaking of Kali, all the fashion ideas for this date are hers since I have NO FASHION SENSE WHATSOEVER! My idea of dressing up is wearing black jeans instead of blue. Well, I’ve done enough talking...*looks at Hiei and grins*...do you wanna do the Disclaimer today....Sweet ‘n Low? *snickers*

Hiei: *stares at AJ* Is YOUR name Nano?

AJ: *giggles* No. *giggles more* Okay, I’ll stop now.

Hiei: *looks around* Trixie, Skids and Eikichi aren’t here, are they?

AJ: Nah, they went to the vets for their check-ups.

Hiei: ‘Good.’

As Hiei gets ready to do the disclaimer, Yukina stands behind him and starts to act like a typical little sister. She puts the “peace sign” behind Hiei’s head and makes bunny ears, makes goofy faces behind his back and holds up embarrassing pictures of him-like the time he was singing “I Will Survive” when he was on a Sweet Snow high. Oh, Lawdy!

Hiei: (Disclaimer) AnimeJunkie does not own Yu Yu Hakusho or any of it characters. Neither does this Kali girl she knows....oh, and just so everyone knows, the only one who can call me Sweet ‘n Low is Nano. *looks behind him to see Yukina holding up the pic of his “performance”. (A/N: 3...2...1...) YUUUUUKIIIIIIIIIINAAAAAAAAA!!! *starts chasing his sister around the room*

AJ: I wanna apologize for taking so long with these chapters. I’ve been pretty busy and our phone got disconnected. EVIL PHONE COMPANY!!!! >.< (A/N: They’re not really evil; I just hated the fact that I was without internet for over a month. THAT’S TOO LONG FOR MY TASTE!) Anyhoo, I wanna give props to the new reviewers: E-FICTION.ORG-TABBY, INU YASHAS HANYOU, MISTRESS OF DRAGONS016, NEMIA, KITSUNE BABI, CHIBI_TIGER A_SHOULDER_TO_CRY_ON, YUGI HOSHI, FOXGLOVETHIEF. xOx_FALLENANGEL_xOx, AND KITTYKATOTAKU. ANIMESPIRAL.COM-SHADOWYASHA, SKYE65, xBLACKoxoROSEx, KAZU SHIORI TAKEDA, LINA, DARKDRAGON0026, ORANGE12, WANDERER AND (... - “that’s all they wrote”) AND FROM MM.ORG-DISCY, ETERNALFLAME5, BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAB BLAH (A/N: Yes they really wrote that.), ONE WORD (A/N: Same as the one before. ^_^) AND YOUKAIBABE! THANX GUYS. And HUGE THANKS to MM.ORG for putting my story over 1000 visits! *everyone plays their noisemakers in celebration* Also, I know lots of you have been reading and not leaving reviews...you now who you are. ^_~

Botan: *hands on her hips as she talks to the readers* You wouldn’t like it if someone else read your fics and not reviewed, right?

AJ: Come on, let me know what you think, take time out and review, say whatever you like, suggest ideas....anything. Again, sorry for taking so long. Just so you guys know, this is the longest chapter I’ve written so far so I hope it’s worth the wait. ^_^

Yukina: *laughing and running from her Hiei* ‘This is so great! Who knew having a brother would be this much fun!’ AND NOW...FAMILY SECRETS!!

Hiei: *still chasing his sister* GIVE ME THAT PICTURE, YUKINA!!!

Yukina: MAKE ME! *laughs*

{...}-Gwen’s thoughts

/.../-Kurama’s thoughts

~...~-Youko’s thoughts

‘...’-everyone else’s thoughts

*~*~*~*~* - separates song lyrics

************************************************************* *****************

LAST TIME on FAMILY SECRETS......

 Yukina: That was WICKED!

Keiko: AWESOME!!

Shizuru: Nice moves, Grandma.

Gwen: {That’s my grandma. Heaven help us all. *chuckles*}

Nano: All jokes aside, let’s get home and fix my Roo up for her hot date. Child, he’s gonna melt when he sees you.

Keiko: Especially after our make over. This time the tomboy stays home. Tonight, Kurama’s gonna step out with a KNOCKOUT!

Gwen: {I hope Kurama can handle it. ^_~)

******************************************************************* ***********

[Keiko’s house]

After their eventful shopping spree, Nano and the girls help Gwen pick out the perfect outfit for her date tonight. They want to make sure that what she picks looks nothing like what she usually wears. Keiko and the other girls pull out each article of clothing and places it in Gwen’s closet-now all they need is a bigger closet. ^_~

Yukina: *looks around Gwen’s room and whistles* Well, Gwen, the good news is we have lots of clothes to choose from for your date tonight....

Gwen had finished her shower, brushed her teeth and was wearing a terrycloth bath robe and slippers with a towel wrapped around her head.

Gwen: *takes a pair of black pumps out of its box* And the BAD news?

Shizuru: The BAD news is we only have 4 hours to get you ready. *holds up a brown leather jacket*

Keiko: So how are we gonna choose? It’s 2:00 P.M. now. *looks around the room-or what they could see of it from all the packages* Most pop stars don’t have this many clothes.

Nano: Well, we bought enough clothes to start our own fashion show...*laughs as she gets the same twinkle in the eyes Gwen gets when she has an idea cookin’* Oooh, you better be glad you’re related to me, Roo. Just stay there.

Nano runs to her room and comes back in with her CD collection-which incidentally is the size of a briefcase. She takes out one of her mixed CD’s titled “Nano’s Party Groove” and puts it in Gwen’s stereo.

Nano: *smiles* Like I always say, there’s nothing like the perfect music to set you in the right mood. *pushes the button on the remote and starts the CD* LADIES, LET THE FASHION SHOW BEGIN!!! HA HA!

* “SUPERMODEL” by RuPaul plays* (A/N: I don’t own RuPaul OR this song but it’s so cool and it totally fits this scene! ^_~)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Stereo: YOU BETTER WORK! *techno music plays*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Gwen grabs some clothes and takes them into the bathroom with her while Nano and the other girls sort the rest of the clothing into possible outfit combinations.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

You better work (cover girl)

work it, girl (give a twirl)

Do your thing on the runway...

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Gwen walks out wearing black rockstar hiphugger jeans with silver studs down the sides, a white t-shirt with the word “sassy” in hot pink rhinestones, black suede boots and her hair tied up with a gold hair clip in a high ponytail. She turns around and struck a few poses so Nano and the girls could judge if it was the “right look”.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Work (Supermodel)

you better work it, girl (...of the world)

wet your lips and make love to the camera...

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

They look her over intently, look at each other, shake their heads and they all give her a thumbs down. All Gwen could do was shrug her shoulders because, even thought she liked the outfit, she agreed that it wasn’t “the look” that would send Kurama’s heart soaring so she grabbed another outfit to try on and took it into the bathroom with her.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Work, turn to the left

work, now turn to the right

work, sashay Shante’

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

While Gwen was in the bathroom changing, Nano, Keiko, Botan, Shizuru and Yukina danced along to the song blasting on the stereo and pretending they were models in the process, moving just as the song told them to.

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Work, turn to the left

work, now turn to the right

work, sashay Shante’

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Gwen twirls out in light blue capris, pink baby-doll blouse with thin straps and matching pink canvas shoes. Her hair was in a modest ponytail tied with a pink scrunchie. She had a half-smile because deep down, she really didn’t like the outfit; not because it was ugly, but because it was a little too...what’s the word...PINK for her taste.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

It don’t matter what you wear (doesn’t matter what you wear)

they’re checkin’ out your savoir faire (ooh ooh ooh yeah)

and it don’t matter what you do

‘cause everything looks good on you...supermodel

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Nano and the girls saw her granddaughter’s discomfort and let her know that she should try the next outfit. They gave the outfit a thumbs down with authority and had the same expression of “ICK” Gwen had etched on her face. She silently thanked them and quickly grabbed another outfit.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Work (cover girl)

work it, girl (give a twirl)

Do your thing on the runway...

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Gwen comes out wearing a short blue jean skirt that came just below the knee and white long-sleeved blouse with flowers on the collar. She had long low-heeled black leather scrunch boots. Gwen had a lackluster expression on her face because in the back of her mind, she looked like a librarian; the only thing that was missing was the glasses with the gold chain hanging from the arms.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Work (Supermodel)

you better work it, girl (...of the world)

wet your lips and make love to the camera...

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Keiko made the comment that she looked like her librarian at school and that cinched it. Gwen had a horrified look on her face because she saw a picture of the librarian Keiko told her about. She threw up her hands in a “NO WAY” fashion, grabbed another outfit off of her bed and ran into the bathroom to change. Everyone else was standing there thankful that Keiko had the guts to say what she said instead of them.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Work, turn to the left

work, now turn to the right

work, sashay Shante’

Work, turn to the left

work, now turn to the right

work, sashay Shante’

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

As Botan and Shizuru picked out the makeup that would best bring out their friend’s features, Gwen walked out wearing a yellow floral print skirt, a purple tank top with a thin, sheer purple sleeved buttonless blouse and matching open-toed shoes.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I see your picture everywhere (I see your picture everywhere)

a million dollar derriere (ooh ooh ooh yeah)

and when you walked into the room

you had everybody’s eyes on you...supermodel

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Her grandmother and friends look satisfied with the outfit somewhat and gave her a so-so motion with their hands by holding their hands out palm-side down and swinging them back and forth. (A/N: It’s when you move your hands to describe someone as EHH.) Looking at them, Gwen knew that she was close, but not quite there yet.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Linda (Work, mama!)

Naomi (She is fierce!)

Christy (Foxy lady, outta sight!)

Cindy (I can feel it!)

Claudia (Sell the garment!)

Nikki (Work the runway, sweetie!)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Gwen looked at the clothes that covered her bed and wondered just how she ended up with all this stuff. {I didn’t realize I bought so much. I’m glad Grandma paid for me.} Without another thought, she grabbed some more clothes off of the bed and walked into her makeshift changing room, a.k.a. the bathroom.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I have one thing to say

sashay Shante’, Shante’, Shante’, Shante’, Shante’, Shante’

I have one thing to say

sashay Shante’, Shante’, Shante’, Shante’, Shante’, Shante’, WHOO!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Gwen came out of the bathroom wearing a white dress with sky blue mesh t-shirt style webbing top that came from the top of her breasts to her neck. From the top of her bosom down to her midriff was a solid blue fabric attached to the white fabric that made up the rest of the dress. Her matching blue low-cuff sneakers completed her outfit ans she twirled a couple of times for the judges.

*~*~*~*~*~*~* 

It don’t matter what you wear (doesn’t matter what you wear)

they’re checkin’ out your savoir faire (ooh ooh ooh yeah)

and it don’t matter what you do

‘cause everything looks good on you...supermodel

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Nano and the rest of the girls perused the ensemble Gwen had on. They signaled to her that she was just about there and that maybe the next outfit would be the right one. Gwen concurred with the rest of the group and grabbed another outfit to take with her into the bathroom.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Work (cover girl)

work it, girl (give a twirl)

Do your thing on the runway...

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The bathroom door opened slowly and Gwen stepped out in a white halter top with pink and yellow diamond print, yellow belted mini skirt with white strap heels. She had her hair tied up in a genie-style ponytail which she whipped around to the music for fun.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Work (Supermodel)

you better work it, girl (...of the world)

wet your lips and make love to the camera...

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Nano and the fashion judges looked Gwen up and down numerous times before they voiced their verdict...they said she looked CUTE. Gwen raised an eyebrow and thought {This outfit only rates a “CUTE”? You can’t turn a guy on with “CUTE”! I need “DROP-DEAD, TOTALLY HOT, MAKE HIM WEAK IN THE KNEES SEXY”! WARDROBE CHANGE!} With that thought in mind, she grabs one last outfit and headed back to the bathroom to change.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Work, turn to the left

work, now turn to the right

work, sashay Shante’

Work, turn to the left

work, now turn to the right

work, sashay Shante’

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Gwen seductively walks out of the bathroom wearing a black corset top with red diamond designs and thin stripes vertically embroidered in the fabric and in the black lace straps. The hem of the corset cane to a “V” in the front and had red trim. She also had on a black mini skirt with a small slit in the side, matching lace choker with a few shiny black beads dangling from the middle and knee-high black high heel boots with her hair down. This outfit was form-fitting and showed off every one of her curves.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

You better work....work....work....supermodel

You better work....work....work....

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Nano called the girls into a huddle and pretended to have a conference; in reality when Gwen walked out in her latest outfit, they all agreed in their minds that THAT WAS THE ONE! They came out of their huddle nodding with huge smiles on their faces and Nano lip synching to the final words to the song that expressed everyone’s feelings perfectly.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Song: I have one thing to say....YOU BETTER WORK!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Gwen: *turns around* You guys really think this is it?

Keiko: *calmly* No. *has a smile on her face a mile wide* WE KNOW THAT’S IT!

Botan: *claps her hands in front of her face and smiles* You look beautiful, Gwen. Kurama will love it.

Shizuru: *smirks* He won’t be able to keep his eyes off of you. (A/N: Or his hands. ^_~)

Gwen: *smiles as she checks herself out in the full-length mirror* Good. That’s just what I was going for. *smoothing her skirt from behind* I’m even getting used to the whole skirt thing.

Keiko: You have got to let me borrow that sometime! *giggles* Actually, you have lots of things I wanna borrow sometime. ‘Like that blue mesh-top dress.’

Yukina: Now there’s just your hair and makeup to do before Kurama comes by to pick you up. *looks through Gwen’s assortment of nail polish* (A/N: I know I said that Gwen didn’t like makeup, but to me, nail polish really doesn’t count as makeup since it isn’t applied on your face. ^_^)

Nano: By the way, what movie were you two going to watch? *grabs the hair dryer from the dresser* ‘I think a better question is are you two even gonna WATCH the movie?’

Gwen: To be honest, I don’t know. He didn’t say. I guess it’s going to be a surprise.

Keiko: *leading Gwen to a chair in front of her mirror* Well, you’re gonna give him the first surprise tonight. *takes out some lipstick brushes* Especially after our makeover. ‘Gwen, you have no idea how much I’ve wanted to do this.’ *looks at the clock on her dresser* And we better hurry, it’s now 4:00 P.M.

Botan: Just relax, Gwen, and let us take care of things. When we get done, your own mother won’t recognize you.

Gwen: Well, that’s a safe bet since the last time she saw me in a dress was when I was two. *thinks back to when they talked about makeup* Wait a second. I don’t have any makeup except lip gloss....and nail polish but that really doesn’t count.

Keiko: I know. That’s why when I was staying in America with you, I took the liberty of buying all sorts of makeup that I knew would look awesome on you. *opens the makeup kit she brought from her room* I’ve been saving it for just such an emergency.

Gwen: *raises an eyebrow at her Japanese friend* “Emergency”?

Keiko: Well, yeah. You have a SUPER hot date and nothing to put on your face. If that’s not an emergency, WHAT IS? (A/N: She does have a point.) *smiles* Now we’re wasting time; let’s get this makeover started.

Nano: *chuckles* I like your style, Ku-Ku. Now does everyone have their assignments?

Keiko: Yes, Ma’am. I have face detail. *goes through her makeup kit picking out just the right shades*

Yukina: I’ve got jewelry covered since we know she’s wearing her bracelet. *rummages through the jewelry box by the mirror and holds up various earrings*

Botan: I’ll man the manicure station. *breaks out her special manicure kit she always carries with her* (A/N: She’s gotta look her best for Koenma, doesn’t she? ^_~)

Shizuru: And I have coif detail. *turns on the hair dryer*

Nano: Excellent! You girls know how to operate. Well, everyone knows the outfit ain’t jack if the “do” is whack, so let’s start there.

Gwen puts on a hairdresser’s smock that covers her entire outfit, protecting it from the hair products and makeup that would be used on her. She takes off her pink hair towel and her long black hair, which was slightly damp and just a little curly from the moisture, falls past her smock-covered shoulders. Shizuru dried Gwen’s hair thoroughly, used some hair lotion and worked it in and combed it through until it was somewhat straight; she then ran a flat iron over Gwen’s jet black locks until they were completely straight and shiny; even her silver strands shone brightly. When she was done, her hair was halfway down her back. Shizuru took a rat-tail comb and worked her magic on the part on the side of her head and her bangs until they framed her face perfectly.

Shizuru: *moves from in front of Gwen to show off her masterpiece to the others* VOILA! So what do you think? I think I did a pretty good job, if I do say so myself. *smiles*

Nano, Keiko, Yukina and Botan looked at Gwen with wide-eyed faces and their mouths open in amazement.

Botan: *gasps* Oh, my...you have a gift, Shizuru.

Yukina: She looks incredible.

Keiko: *smiles* Her hair does, but now it’s MY turn. *walks towards her American pen-pal with her makeup case in tow.* MAKE WAY FOR THE MASTER! *starts taking out lipstick, blush, mascara, eyeliner, etc.*

Gwen: *looks at Keiko confused as her friend takes out just which colors would work on her* Um, and just how do you know what will work best on me? As long as you’ve known me, all I ever wore was lip gloss. And I don’t even wear that too often.

Keiko: I took a photo of you to a cosmetologist while I was in America and she showed me all the shades that worked best with your coloring and skin tone. I did my research.

Nano: *chuckles* Roo told me that you got straight A’s in school. Now I see why.

Keiko: *opens a compact of liquid powder foundation* Well, I just think of this as another project. And besides, after I interrupted her last goodnight kiss with Kurama, I figured I owed it to her. *smiles in embarrassment*

Gwen: *puts on a headband and pushes her hair back to keep it out of her face* {No big, Keiko. I got to kiss him anyway. ^_^} It’s alright, Ku-Ku. I forgave you. But if you insist on making it up to me, I won’t stop you. *chuckles*

Keiko rubbed the cosmetic sponge into the foundation and gently applied it to her face and neck until it blended with her milk chocolate complexion; she then took a matching eyeshadow/lipstick set called “Black Cherry”. (A/N: It’s my favorite flavor of Kool-Aid, which I don’t own, and I think the color of it works perfectly for what I had in mind. You should try it, it rocks!) It was a deep, dark shade of red that would match Gwen’s outfit and bring out her best features. She used the small eyeshadow brush and applied the shimmering powder starting from the bottom of her eyebrows to her lashes; she opened the tube of matching lipcolor, took a small, flat lipstick brush and coated the bristles with the makeup. She instructed Gwen to part her mouth slightly and carefully brushed the dark crimson onto her full lips making sure not to get any on her teeth. (A/N: Don’t you hate when that happens?) Taking a black liquid eyeliner pencil, Keiko carefully drew over the edges of Gwen’s upper and lower eyelids giving her eyes a sultry appearance.

Keiko: ‘I messed up the end of your last date, so I’m making sure he won’t be able to resist kissing you tonight!’

Satisfied with her eyes, Keiko applies just enough blush to bring out her cheeks. Now it was time for mascara.

Gwen: You’re not taking any chances, are you, Ku-Ku?

Keiko: *smiles as she applies the black mascara on Gwen’s lashes* Nope. None of us are.

Botan: We wanna make sure you two have a date you’ll never forget. *squeals* This is too romantic for words.

Shizuru: Just promise us one thing.

Gwen: *raising an eyebrow at her* Okay, sure.

Nano: When you come back from your dream date, we wanna hear all the juicy details! *smiles*

Gwen: *blushes* Grandma! Okay, fine! I’ll tell you everything. {Well, ALMOST everything! ^_~}

When Keiko finally finished, she and the other girls examined Gwen’s face.

Nano: *smiles happily* ‘If your mom could see you now...’ *gets another idea* (A/N: Uh-oh!) Roo, would you mind if I used your laptop for a sec?

Gwen: Of course not. What are you gonna look up?

Nano: *has the same Cheshire Cat grin on her face Keiko gets* You’ll see.

As Nano heads for Gwen’s computer, the other girls look in awe at Gwen’s facial transformation.

Shizuru: You did an awesome job, Keiko. She looks fantastic!

Yukina: That color looks perfect on her. What’s it called?

Keiko: Black Cherry. It suits her, doesn’t it?

Botan: Yes, it does. *looks at Gwen more closely* But there’s something missing. *puts her hand under her chin in thought until a light bulb comes on* I GOT IT! Keiko, do you have any silver eyeliner?

Keiko: *reaches into her makeup case and pulls out a silver eyeliner pencil* Here. But what are you gonna do with it?

Botan: Do you think you could.....*whispers in Keiko’s ear* How would that look?

Keiko: *smiles widely* Good call, Botan.

Keiko takes the top off of the silver eyeliner called “Star Dust” and traces just the outer corners of her eyes giving them that subtle boost; plus it matched the silver streaks in her hair. Keiko, Botan, Yukina and Shizuru re-examined Gwen’s face and agreed that the silver liner was exactly the right touch it needed.

Gwen: *slowly takes off her headband so she doesn’t mess up her hair* Well, how do I look?

Botan: *in her bubbly voice* Her face looks fabulous; now we just have to have her nails match. *uses her manicure kit to file, buff and shape Gwen’s nails as she talks*

Yukina: I’ll look through her jewelry box while you do that, Botan.

As Yukina rummages through Gwen’s box of baubles, bangles and beads, she notices that they were still in their plastic mounting that they sit on when you buy them in the store.

Yukina: Gwen, have you ever worn ANY of this?

Gwen: Yeah. I wore those red ones when I picked up Grandma today.

Shizuru: And....what about the rest of your jewelry? You certainly have enough of it. ‘Especially those cool thunderbolt earrings. I wonder if she’ll let me borrow those sometime.’

Gwen: *shrugs her shoulders* I never had a good enough reason to wear it.

Botan: *takes the nail polish out of Keiko’s case* Well you do now. And I hope there will be plenty more opportunities for you to get dressed up. You look good in skirts. ‘I’d kill to have legs like yours.’ How are we doing on time?

Keiko: *looks at her watch* It’s 5:00 p.m. *looks over at Nano who is still working on her granddaughter’s laptop* Just what are you looking for, Nano?

Nano: You mean WHO. *chuckles*

Keiko: *sweatdrops* I don’t think I wanna know.

As Yukina continues to look for the perfect accessories, Botan finishes up her manicure and applies the Black Cherry polish to Gwen’s nails; she turns on Shizuru’s blow dryer and uses it to quickly dry them. While they were drying, Yukina sorted through Gwen’s assortment of hoops,

studs and danglers until she found a pair if ruby star-shaped stud earrings that would go perfectly with her outfit.

Yukina: *holds up the earrings* What about these?

Gwen: I forgot I even bought those things.

Yukina: Well, they’re very pretty. ‘And they match my eyes. I wonder if Kazuma would like me in these.’ (A/N: Okay, is it just me, or does it seem like they all wanna borrow her stuff? Also, Yukina, Kuwabara would like you no matter what you wore. ^_~)

Botan: They’re perfect! *puts them on Gwen’s ears for her, stands back and smiles* Ladies, our masterpiece is finished!

Gwen: *chuckles* You guys haven’t let me see myself once since you started. Can I at least take a peek?

Keiko: *has a HUGE smile on her face* I don’t see why not. Close your eyes first.

Gwen: You guys are so wrong! *smiles and does as she was told*

Gwen stands up out of the chair and Keiko and Botan leads her to the full length mirror on her closet. She opens her eyes and was nearly taken aback by the person staring back at her.

Gwen: *gasps* NO WAY! Is that really me? {I’m in a mini-skirt....and I LIKE IT!! Go fig!} I look awesome!! I love it!!

Hearing Gwen’s rave made the girls cheer and pat themselves on the back and chanting “Go, girl! Go, girl! It’s your birthday! It’s your birthday!”

Nano: *smiles and looks at her granddaughter* Roo, someone wants to say hi to you before you go out.

Gwen: *dabbing a little perfume on her neckline and wrists* Who?

Nano steps away from the front of her laptop and there was her mom, dad and little sister on the screen, thanks to the webcam Nano installed.

Deborah: *waves* Hi, honey!

Gwen: *looks at the screen with a shocked expression* MOM! DAD! HI, MYA!

Keiko: *looks at Gwen’s little sister on the screen* So that’s MyaDawn? She’s a cutie! But her head isn’t nearly as big as you...

Gwen: *through her teeth* Shut it, Ku-Ku!

Keiko: Oops, oh right. *smiles*

Matthew: Hi, Sweetie! You having fun in Japan?

Gwen: *smirks* {If only you knew, Dad.} Yeah, I’m having a blast! {And a few other sound effects I’d rather not mention.}

MyaDawn: Hey, Gwen! Did you see any Pokemon over there? (A/N: Don’t own.)

Gwen: *giggles at her sister’s silly, but cute question* Nope, not yet Applehead.

Gwen smiled at her little sister’s question; she missed seeing her sweet, innocent face look at her. Mya was your typical kid sister; she followed Gwen everywhere she went, copied everything she did and mimicked everything she said. As you might think, Gwen did get annoyed because of it, but at the same time she loved the fact that she had some look up to her so highly.

Mya: *in an excited voice* Hey, Sis! Guess what!

Gwen: *smiles* What?

Mya: Mom and Dad said I can take gymnastics lessons! I’m going to the Olympics! (A/N: Now you KNOW I don’t own that. ^_^)

Gwen: That’s great, Mya! Maybe you’ll win a gold medal!

Mya: Nah! I’m gonna win better than gold! I’m gonna win a PLATINUM medal!

Gwen: *chuckles* They don’t make platinum medals, Applehead.

Mya: *pouts* Why not? They have platinum records in music, and they’re higher than gold ones.

Nano: *nudges Gwen* She’s gotcha there.

Deborah: Now, Mom. You told me that you had something important to show me. What is it?

That was when Gwen noticed that the lens to her webcam was covered up by a towel, blocking her family’s view of her room; she could see them but they couldn’t see her. Nano grabbed her shocked granddaughter’s arm and positioned her in front of the computer.

Nano: All I’m gonna tell you is get ready to save! *has her hand on the towel ready to lift it off of the cam* READY?

Gwen’s family: *just a bit annoyed* YES!

Nano: LADIES....and Matthew. *snickers*

Matthew: Very funny! *smiles* (A/N: She really does like Matthew, she just likes playing with him. ^_^) I PRESENT TO YOU, YOUR DAUGHTER AND BIG SISTER, GWEN! *pulls the towel off with flair* TA-DAAA!!!

Gwen turns around a few times for her family who was watching from the other side of the globe and simply asked...

Gwen: *smiles nervously* Well, what do you think?

As the towel is removed and the “new and improved” Gwen finally came into view, Her mom’s eyes almost popped out of her skull and she gasped at her first born looking so lady-like. The only words her dad could get out were “Oh my....” and Mya, taking up the slack of speaking for her stunned parents summed it all up with four words...

Mya: *excited for her older sis* YOU LOOK TOTALLY WICKED!!!

Deborah: *squeals with joy* ‘She’s wearing a skirt, and she looks like she actually LIKES it!’ You look beautiful, honey!

Matthew: ‘My little girl’s all grown up.’ I agree; you look great!

Keiko: *walks in front of Gwen* Hi Mr. And Mrs. Turner. Hiya. Mya! *giggles*

Deborah: It’s good to see you again, Keiko. Has Gwen been behaving over there? *smiles*

Keiko: ‘That depends on how you expected her to behave. ^_~’ Yeah, she has. Turns out, she’s fitting into her new school just fine.

Gwen: Oh, yeah. Before I forget, I want you to meet my new partners in crime.

Yukina: *shocked* We’re not criminals. ‘Hiei on the other hand....’

Shizuru: *sweatdrops* It’s just an expression, Yukina; it means we’re her new friends.

  

Yukina: Ohhhh. *still confused* If that’s what she calls her friends, I HATE to hear what she thinks of her enemies.

Keiko, Botan and Shizuru anime fall on the floor twitching making Mya and Nano laugh hysterically.

Gwen: *she makes the introductions as they get up* The girl with the blue ponytail is Botan, the tall brunette is Shizuru and the girl with the aqua hair is Yukina. Guys, this is my mom, Deborah, my dad Matthew, and my kid sister MyaDawn, a.k.a. “Applehead”.

Gwen’s friends and family greeted and waved to each other through the webcam link. It was then that her father finally asked the question that was nagging him for about a minute.

Matthew: So, what’s the occasion?

Gwen: *looks at her dad on-screen* What do you mean?

Matthew: I mean why are you dressed so nice?

Gwen: {Oh, I was hoping you wouldn’t ask that.} Well, Dad, I....*covers her mouth to muffle her words*

Deborah: What was that, Sweetheart? We didn’t catch that.

Gwen: I said....{Kami, PLEASE give me strength!} I have a date.

Matthew: *has a blank expression on his face* I see.

With his face unwavering, her dad walks out of frame for about two minutes leaving a very nervous Gwen waiting for him to come back. {I REALLY don’t like where this is going!} When he finally returned by his wife’s side, he had in his hands “Old Betsie”-his trusty shotgun.

Matthew: Deb! *cocks his gun* I’m going to Tokyo!

Gwen: *completely embarrassed by her dad’s actions* DAD!!!

Deborah: *grabs her husband’s arm* You’ll do no such thing, Matthew! Now put that thing away! *giggles because her husband has the most pitiful pout on his face* I’m gonna say three words to you and that should calm you down...

Botan: *whispers to the girls* I bet it’s “I Love You”.

Deborah: TAE...KWON...DO!

With the exception of Nano and Gwen, all of the girls anime fall again. Keiko sweatdrops and think to herself ‘If Kurama ends up marrying her, I hope he knows what kind of family he’s getting into.’

Deborah: Did you forget that our daughter is a black belt? She can take care of herself just fine, so just chill out and trust her.

Mathhew: *frowns and looks at his wife* I DO trust her, it’s her DATE I don’t trust!

Gwen: *sighs* Dad, he’s really an amazing guy. He’s charming, he’s intelligent, he’s sweet, he’s handsome...*doorbell rings*...he’s here, he’s....*thinks about what she just said* HE’S HERE!

Mrs. Ukimura: *yells upstairs* Keiko, could you let Gwen know her date is here to pick her up?

Keiko: *yells back* She’s on her way down, mom! *looks at Gwen and winks* Knock him dead, girl!

Gwen: *smiles* Thanks, guys. Bye Mom, Dad, Mya. I’ll talk to you later. My date’s here; I have to go!

Matthew: Not so fast, young lady! I wanna meet this boy!

Gwen: BUT DAD!

Matthew: No “BUTS”! You know the rules, I meet your dates or you don’t go out. Just because you’re halfway around the world doesn’t mean I still can’t scare your potential boyfriends away. *puffs his chest out* I have a reputation to maintain.

Gwen: *embarrassed* Mom, can’t you reason with him? Talk to him? Threaten him?

Deborah: *chuckles* Sorry, but I’m siding with your father on this one. Besides I wanna meet him too.

Gwen: *playfully glares at her mom* Traitor. *sighs* Fine, I’ll bring him up. {I can’t BELIEVE this! Kurama’s gonna make history as the first date ever to be threatened by a girl’s father over the internet!}

[Downstairs]

Mrs. Ukimura had invited Kurama inside to wait for Gwen to come downstairs and as usual, Yusuke, Kuwabara, Koenma and Hiei took it upon themselves to tag along. Hiei didn’t really care one way or another about this date, but his curiosity got the better of him because he also wanted to see what outfit you’d be wearing-that and Kurama’s reaction to it.

Kurama: *looking at his entourage* Remind me again why I let you come with me to see Gwen.

Yusuke: Because it isn’t fair that you get to potentially see her in a dress and we don’t. If her legs are as sexy as we think they are, WE WANNA SEE TOO!

Youko: ~Now that Yusuke kid has the right idea! Why can’t you think more like that?~

Kurama: /*sighs* Because I have more control over my lusty thoughts than you do./

Youko: ~Kurama...you’re missing the point. It’s lust. YOU’RE NOT SUPPOSED TO HAVE CONTROL OVER IT!~

Kurama: /*glares at Youko* I want to be a gentleman for Gwen tonight. And you’re not helping one bit!/

Youko: ~Need I remind you that you tried that last time, and where did it get you? NOWHERE!~

Kurama: /Need I remind you that we were attacked by Ice Ninjas and didn’t get to finish our date last time?/

Youko: ~Details, Details. My point is that since this isn’t your first date with her, you can kiss her. So why not make it one that will turn her legs into Jello? (A/N: Don’t own.) It’s not like you haven’t been thinking about it. *smirks sexily*~

Kurama: /I think your brain has turned to Jello. I barely know her./

Youko: ~That hasn’t stopped you from falling in love with her, has it?~

Kurama: /*glares at Youko* You know it really irks me when you’re right./

Youko: ~About you planting a big wet one on her?~

Kurama: /*sighs* About falling in love with her. I just hope she feels the same towards me./

Youko: ~You mean US. Don’t forget she has feelings for me, too.~

Kurama: /Yeah, FEAR. Because you keep chasing her./

Youko: ~*glares at Kurama* Again with the details! I’m just gonna keep my mouth shut. Bye!~

Koenma: * has a vein popping out of his forehead* Yusuke, can you just not talk for the rest of this visit?

Yusuke: What are you jumping down my throat for? YOU were the one who suggested that we tail Kurama to Keiko’s house! (A/N: I bet THAT shut him up. ^_~)

Hiei: *under his breath* Baka Hentais.

As Kurama reminisces about what terrible thing he did to deserve such perverted friends, Keiko comes running down the stairs to meet the guys.

Keiko: Hi, guys. Gwen’s on her way down now. ‘I hope they have cameras. ^_^’

As soon as Keiko made that announcement, Gwen slowly walks down the stairs to meet Kurama and his band of unwelcome tagalongs. As you can imagine, she was greeted with whistles and cat calls from Yusuke, Kuwabara and Koenma. Hiei could only mouth the word “WOW” since apparently Gwen rendered him speechless. (A/N: Nice job.) As she reached the bottom of the staircase, Kurama walked towards her with an awestruck look in his jade green pools and a rosy tint staining his cheeks; he graciously handed her a perfect long-stemmed blood red rose with the thorns removed that matched her outfit wonderfully. Kurama wore a black shirt with cream colored pants and a tan jacket.

Gwen: *looks at the four extra bodies besides her date* Um, and you guys are here because....

Kuwabara: We just wanted to see you look like a girl for once.

Gwen: *looks at herself* If you couldn’t tell I was a girl when I had pants on, something’s wrong with you.

Kurama: *whispers* You look breath-taking. *kisses her hand*

Gwen: *blushes* Thanks. You’re looking pretty good yourself.

Nano: *walks in behind her* I’ll say. Oh, before you forget, Roo....*points upstairs*

Gwen: *cringes* Oh...yeah. *looks at Kurama* Before we go, my parents want to meet you.

Kurama: *surprised by the news* They’re here?

Gwen: Sorta. They’re using a webcam hookup. {PLEASE don’t scare him away, Dad!} Wanna meet them?

Kurama: Of course.

Gwen: *leads Kurama upstair to meet her dad* {I’m glad ONE of us is calm; I’m a nervous wreck!}

[Gwen’s Room]

While Yukina, Botan, Nano and Shizuru talked to Gwen’s family through the weblink, she walks in with Kurama close behind.

Gwen: Mom. Dad. This is my date, Shuichi Minamino. Shuichi, my mom and dad. And my little sister, Mya.

Deborah: *smiles* It’s nice to meet you, Shuichi.

Kurama: Likewise, Mrs. Turner. *bows* It’s nice to meet you, Mr. Turner. *bows*

Matthew: *has a stern look crossing his face and nods* Shuichi.

Youko: ~MAN! If looks could kill!~

Kurama: /For once, I agree with you./

Matthew: I won’t beat around the bush; *starts asking rapid-fire questions* where do you attend school, what college are you planning to go to, what career are you considering, when will you have my daughter back home and will there be any alcohol or drugs on this date?

Kurama: Meioh High, Nakano University (A/N: If there is such a place, I don’t own it; if not, I made it up.), Botany, 11 p.m. and I don’t drink or use drugs, sir.

Matthew: ‘That’s the first time anyone has survived my interrogation. And he’s not intimidated by me. I guess he’s not so bad after all; either that or I’m losing my touch.’ If my daughter likes you, I guess you’re ok. *gets a very serious expression* But know this, you do ANYTHING to hurt her or make her unhappy and it comes back to me, I’ll come over there, rip out your windpipe and use it as a drinking straw! And that’s not a threat, that’s a promise!

Everyone except Kurama sweatdrops at Gwen’s father’s threat.

Gwen: {Dad!}

Kurama: I understand, sir. The last thing I want to do is hurt her.

Matthew: ‘He didn’t even flinch! Not bad, son.’ *smirks* Fine, you can go out with him. Now, get out of here before I change my mind.

Gwen: *lets out the sigh she’s been holding in* Thanks, Dad! I love you, guys! I’ll see you later! *whispers to Kurama* Let’s book before he asks you something else.

Kurama: Lead the way. *waves to Gwen’s family* It was nice meeting you all.

Youko: ~THAT was her mom!? Forget Stacy’s Mom (A/N: A song I don’t own from a band I don’t own.) Gwen’s Mom has got it goin’ on! I see where she gets it from.~

Kurama: /I thought you were gonna stay quiet for tonight./

Youko: ~Oh, right. Bye!~

Kurama and Gwen walk out of her room and out of the house to Kurama’s car. When they got there, he opens the passenger side for Gwen; being the gentleman he is. After she gets in, he quickly walks over to the driver’s side and enters as well.

Gwen: *sighs* I hope my dad didn’t freak you out back there.

Kurama: *chuckles* A little, but I think I handled myself pretty well.

Gwen: Good. So what do you have planned for tonight?

Kurama: I originally planned on a double feature, but how do you feel about dinner and a movie?

Gwen: *smiles* I like that even better. By the way, what movie are we going to see?

Kurama: Now that’s my little secret. *winks at Gwen*

Gwen defeatedly rolled her eyes and settled in her seat deciding to let the night’s events play out.

[GigaPlex Movie Theater]

Gwen and Kurama arrive at the movie theater and wait their turn for tickets. As they wait, it seemed as if every guy there was checking Gwen out. For now this goes unnoticed by Kurama who finally bought the tickets for the show.

Gwen: *impatient* Oh, come on. What movie are we watching?

Kurama: *holds up two tickets* The Ring 2!

Gwen: *looks at him wide-eyed* Say what? The Ring 2 as in scarier that the FIRST Ring movie?

Kurama: *grins* Yup!

Gwen: Nope! *starts to walk away*

Kurama: *chuckles and gently grabs Gwen’s arm* Come on; it won’t be that bad, and I’ll be there with you if you get scared.

Gwen: Not a chance! *crosses her arms and turns her back to him* Nothing you can do will make me go in there and watch that with you!

After she made her declaration, Kurama starts to gently blow in her ear making her shiver in pleasure. After refusing him, he starts to tickle her again until she submitted.

Gwen: *laughing* Okay, okay. I’ll watch it with you. *glares at him* You fight dirty!

Kurama: *smirks* I know.

Gwen: *playfully glares at him* I hate you.

Kurama: *smirks again and gives Gwen a peck on the lips* I know.

They enter the theater that showed The Ring 2 and found some seats in the middle row. Kurama told her that he was going to get the snacks and that he’d be right back. Gwen smiled and nodded at him. As he left, the same guys that were checking Gwen out decided to occupy the seats surrounding her.

Guy #1: *looking her up and down* MMM! You look good enough to eat!

Gwen: *annoyed* Thanks. My date thinks so, too.

Guy #2: Really? *sprays his mouth with breath spray* Which one of us is it?

Gwen: NONE of you; now make like Boy Scouts (A/N: don’t own) and get lost, I’m waiting for my date to get back.

Guy #3: *strokes her hair* Wow, you smell good! I bet you taste even better!

Gwen: *grabs his hand and starts to crush it as she glares at him* DON’T TOUCH THE HAIR!

Guy #3: OW! OW! OW! OW! OKAY, I GIVE! JUST LET GO!!!!

Gwen: *slowly lets go of his now crushed hand* Jerk!

Guy #1: Now THAT wasn’t very nice! I think you should apologize to my friend.

Gwen: And what will YOU do if I don’t?

He raised his fist ready to hit Gwen when someone grabs his wrist and starts to do the same thing Gwen did to the other guy’s hand.

Kurama: *in a calm, yet intimidating voice* Didn’t your mother teach you to never raise your hand to a lady? *pulls him out of his chair by his wrist* I’m only going to say this to you boys once; leave my date alone!

Guy #2: And who’s gonna make us, you? Or maybe your girlfriend is gonna throw us out! *sneers*

Gwen: I won’t...but HE will!

As she points to the door, she activates the amethyst on her bracelet and uses it’s power to project an image of her father with “Old Betsie”.

Matthew(image): *in a loud booming voice that all potential beaus fear-except Kurama* What the HELL are you hoods over there doing to my baby girl!?

All of the guys whip their heads around to see a 6'4" African-American man holding a shotgun in his hand standing in the aisle a few rows behind where they were. He was well-built and had a menacing glare on his face that would even intimidate Hiei. (A/N: Is that even possible?)

Guy #1: *shivers in fright* N-n-n-nothing, Sir!

Matthew(image): You better not be, or I’ll fill you so full of holes, the wind’ll whistle through you!! *cocks his gun*

Guy #1: Y-y-yes, Sir! Let’s get out of here, guys!

The boys run out of the theater screaming bloody murder and the image of her father slowly fades out.

Kurama: *looks at Gwen as he sits next to her with snacks in hand* And you chose your dad because....

Gwen: I figured since he couldn’t scare you away, he could scare the pants off of those pricks!

Kurama: You’re so bad!

Gwen: But I’m SO good at it! *winks and sexily crosses her legs*

Youko: ~So she has a “bad girl” streak in her. She keeps getting better and better!~

Kurama: /Youko!/

Youko: ~Leaving.~

(A/N: I’ll fast forward to when they are at the restaurant since I never saw either RING movie)

[Hideki’s Restaurant] (A/N: Again, if it’s real, I don’t own it; if not, I made it up.)

Kurama and Gwen decided to go to a Japanese/American restaurant for dinner. He wanted Gwen to truly experience Japanese food. As the waiter brings them their orders, they talk about the movie they just saw.

Kurama: *rubbing his arm and chuckling* You do realize you nearly cut off the circulation to my arm.

Gwen: *smiles* And who’s fault was that?

Kurama: Your dad’s, for making you work out so much. *smiles back and chuckles as Gwen struggles with her chopsticks* Do you need any help?

Gwen: No, I have it under control. I figured out how to use these cockamamie things.

Gwen takes one of the chopsticks and holds it in her right hand and slowly raises it; prepared to stab her sushi as if she was going spear-fishing.

Kurama: *laughs* Gwen, stop! *takes her chopsticks* Here, like this. *takes her hand and positions the chopsticks properly for her* Now try it.

Gwen: *easily picks up the sushi and brings it to her mouth* MMM. Pretty tasty. Never knew I’d be eating raw fish. What a kick!

Kurama: And you said you’d hate it.

Gwen: Well, I’m glad I listened to you. *smiles*

Kurama: Good. I think you should listen to me more often.

Gwen: Don’t push your luck. *chuckles*

As they start laughing, someone begins to shout hysterically and Gwen notices a man choking on some food. His face starts to turn blue, he has his hands clutching his throat and the woman who seems to be his wife starts to panic.

Gwen: Oh, my God! Shuichi, that man’s choking! Do something, quick!

Kurama: I’m on it!

Kurama runs over to the choking man and administers the Heimlich Maneuver until the food is expelled from his windpipe. The man takes a few much need deep breaths and is color returns to normal.

Kurama: *pats him on the back* Are you alright, Sir?

Man: *inhales* Yes, thanks to you, son. You saved my life.

Woman: *kisses Kurama’s cheek* We can’t thank you enough, young man. How can we ever repay you?

Kurama: There’s no need, Madam.

Man: No, we insist! Could we at least exchange numbers?

Kurama: I guess that would be fine. *they both write their numbers on slips of paper and trades them* I’m just glad I was here to help.

Woman: So are we! Thank you again!

Kurama: You’re both quite welcome. *bows*

As Kurama walks back to their table, the entire restaurant gives him a standing ovation complete with thunderous applause for his heroic actions.

Gwen: *looks at her date and smiles* My man, the hero!

Kurama: I just did what was....wait....your MAN? *smirks*

Gwen: Yeah, why not? *smiles*

Head Waiter: Young man. In light of your heroics tonight, the owner of Hideki’s would like to reward you with a free dinner for two. Just call us and we’ll have everything ready. *hands him a certificate redeemable for one free dinner for two*

Kurama: Thank you. *takes the certificate* And thank the owner for a wonderful evening.

Head Waiter: No, thank YOU!

Kurama: May we have the check, please?

Head Waiter: No need, Sir. Your meal tonight is on me. I insist.

Gwen: Thank you.

Head Waiter: My pleasure, Miss.

Kurama and Gwen get up from their table and waves to the crowd as they walk out of the restaurant with everyone clapping again. It was almost 11 P.M. when they drive back to Keiko’s house talking about the events that transpired. He parks in front of the two-story abode and Kurama helps Gwen out of his car. They slowly stroll up the brick-laden walkway hand-in-hand and smile at each other.

Kurama: Well that was nice of him.

Gwen: You deserve it. You saved a man’s life, tonight. I’m so proud of you. *gives Kurama a bright smile*

Kurama: Well, if doing that get’s that kind of smile from you, I should save people more often. *winks*

Gwen: Like you don’t already.

Kurama: True. *chuckles* Well, I guess I’ll see you tomorrow?

Gwen: Maybe. *smirks*

Kurama: *looks at her funny* Maybe? That’s all I get? *smirks* What’s a man gotta do to get a “yes”? *starts moving in closer*

Gwen: *moves in closer* What did you have in mind?

Kurama: *whispers* Just this.

Kurama closes the small gap between them and their lips crush as they lock into a slow, passionate kiss. Kurama’s hands that held Gwen’s a moment ago released hers and methodically caressed her body; his right hand snaking around her waist, pulling her closer to him with his strong, well formed arms, as his left hand slithered behind her neck. Gwen’s hands started to move out of instinct as her right hand traveled up the left side of his back and grabbed his shoulder; her right hand glided up his neck and settled behind it, pulling his face closer to her. Kurama gently brushed his warm tongue across Gwen’s lips begging for entrance; Gwen was about to grant it when.....

Nano: *opens the door* Is that you, Roo? *looks at the two lovebirds as they ONCE AGAIN stop kissing* Oops! My Bad! Continue! *closes the door quickly*

Youko: ~DIE, DIE, ALL OF YOU!! DIE!!! *throws a fit*~

Kurama: *chuckling* Youko’s having a fit.

Gwen: I can see why. *laughs* Well, I had a wonderful time, tonight! No demons. No fighting.

Youko: ~No complete kissing.~

Kurama: I had fun, too. *kisses her hand* Until next we meet, Milady.

Gwen: *blushes* Farewell, my prince.

Kurama gives Gwen one last wink before returning to his car. As he drives off, Gwen stands at the door sighing dreamily and also cursing silently because of her nosy grandmother.

Gwen: {She just couldn’t wait, could she?} *walks into the house and up to her room where she gets ready for bed*

[Gwen’s Room-1:30 A.M.]

Everyone in the Ukimura household was sound asleep when someone decided to pay a certain raven-haired girl a late-night visit. He carefully opens her window and silently slinks through closing it quietly behind him. He tiptoes next to her bed and kneels beside her looking at her sleeping form and the moonlight shines on her face making her silver streaks sparkle.

Youko: *whispers* How can anyone be so lovely? It’s insane.

Kurama: /Youko! What are you doing here? You’re gonna wake her up!/

Youko: ~I wouldn’t dream of it. She looks so peaceful sleeping there.~

Kurama: /So WHY are you here?/

Youko: ~Since you didn’t finish the kiss, I figured I would pick up where you left off. *smirks* Why should you have all the fun?~

Kurama: /YOUKO! GET OUT OF HER ROOM NOW!!/

Youko: *puts his hands over his ears* ~LA LA LA LA LA LA, I CAN’T HEAR YOU, KURAMA!~

Kurama: /Youko! I’m warning you! You.....*is still yelling but Youko hit the mute button*/

Youko: ~Alone at last! As I said before, why should Kurama have all the fun? I never got to kiss you yet and now seems like as good a time as any. Being the Master Thief I am, I think it’s only proper to steal a kiss. It’s a lot more fun than just waiting. And there’s nobody awake to stop me.~ *inches closer to Gwen’s face* ~Nobody at all. *smirks sexily*~

**End of Chapter 14**

AnimeJunkie: *wipes the sweat from her brow* WHEW!! 27 pages!! THAT was a long one! I hope you guys like it; this was one of those days where ideas just flow out of you.

Keiko: That was so COOL! I never knew Nano could dance like that.

Yusuke: I think you outdid yourself this time.

Hiei: *tears up the picture Yukina had of him singing* I just hope that everyone who reads leaves a review...*pulls out his katana*

Yukina: They won’t if you threaten them. But he’s right. It’s not fair to read something and not leave a review. So please, review. You’d want the same courtesy, right?

AJ: And again, I’m sorry for the hold up. I would really appreciate your reviews and comments. And I’ll be better about posting more frequently. Okay? *looks at Hiei who appears apprehensive* What’s wrong?

Hiei: *sniffs the air* I smell fur. ‘Oh, no!’

AJ opens the door and Eikichi, Trixie and Skids start to chase Hiei around the room. As he runs away from the pets screaming “GET AWAY FROM ME!”, Yukina takes a camcorder and records every humiliating second for posterity. *coughBLACKMAILcough*

AJ: Yukina’s fitting into the role of little sister a little TOO well. In any case. Please read and review and I’ll update faster. Until then...

Hiei: *running past the readers yelling while everyone laughs at him* CIAO FOR NOW!!!! AJ!! CALL THESE ANIMALS OFF!!!