Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Gangs and Demons ❯ Desires ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Gangs and Demons

Ch. 1- Desires

You watched the fight with little interest. The lights from the highway flickered, casting weird shadows over the boys below. In your favorite tree, you shifted on the branch. Above, the moon shifted again.

You look down once more. It seems the Lions are coming up on top. Checking this development against your stats book, it seems right. You smile; the Cougars had been becoming too complacent. Of course, it helped that the Lions were winning. They were more progressive than their fellow gangs. They had members from all races instead of just one or two like the others. However, even they weren't ready to accept the next logical step-to allow a girl to fight in the gang.

You grimace slightly. You had wanted to be a gang member for the longest time, but not even your older brothers would let you in. "Girls can't fight! They're too weak," they had said. It hadn't changed your mind when your brothers died in a fight; it just proved that they were the true weaklings.

However, observation showed that strong girls were ganged up on and broken. So you had kept silent, taking all grief, never showing strength, but never quite showing weakness either. It was hard, but it guaranteed your protection. While you could defend yourself against one gang, multiple gangs would be suicide. So you allowed the guys to think you were weak.

The wind stirred your (hair color) hair, drawing you back to the present. You looked down at the battle. The Lions had won the field with minimum casualties, while the Cougars had lost half of their members, including several of their strongest. That information went into your stats book. Cougars had sunk to the bottom, and the Lions were still rising fast.

You stood on the branch and put the book away before pulling your hair into a mass on top of you head to be covered by a baseball cap. It was amazing how many people mistook you for a boy when you wore the loose black pants, black top, baseball cap, and sunglasses outfit you wore now. Whistling softly, you jumped down from the branch onto the path and began walking.

Suddenly, a crack was heard from behind you. You whirled and saw the Cadres. Led by Kurt, the Cadres were a mediocre gang at best, one that had stagnated from lack of new members and challenges. They had taken to bullying to relieve their aggression.

"Hey boy," one of them said. You recognized him as Kurt from the deference the rest of the group gave him.

"What?" you growled.

"You're in our turf. So you have to pay protection charges," he smirked.

"I wasn't aware that this area belonged to anyone," was your reply while shifting into a loose fighting position. It was obvious where this was headed.

"So you gonna pay?"

"No."

"Fine." He snapped his fingers and stepped back as his boys rushed forward. Counting quickly, you realize he's at half strength, only six are here, and they're the weak half. This ought to be easy.

They're on you soon, only to be repelled by your punches and kicks. It's good to be fighting. Adrenaline pumping, blood rushing, fist and feet flying. Suddenly, they pull away. You panted, wondering why they had stopped. True, three of their guys were out cold, but that shouldn't have stopped them.

"Cowards," a voice hissed from behind. "No one of honor gangs up on another fighter." Next thing you knew, someone was beside you, pointing at the gang. "I want you gone now, before I decide to kill you." All the boys scrambled to leave, save Kurt. "Don't give me an excuse to kill you, Kurt." At that point, Kurt ran after his gang. The person laughed unpleasantly.

You whirled around to face your "rescuer." "I was handling it!" He turned slowly to meet your eyes. You were shorter than him, having barely cleared 5'0"; he had to be between 5'2" and 5'5". But it was his eyes that captivated you. Hard crimson eyes met (eye color) ones. His black hair defied gravity and stood up straight with a white starburst in the front. A white bandana covered his forehead and, it was rumored, something more. You knew who this was-Hiei, member of the gang TÅshi. TÅshi was one of the strongest gangs on the streets, and Hiei was considered the greatest fighter on the street, second only to Yusuke, the gang's leader. Instinctively, you take a step back.

"Hn. What are you doing out here?" he growled.

"None of your business." You spat back. He may be stronger, but you won't reveal any weakness.

"I believe I'm going to make it my business, (your name)," he narrowed his eyes, "but not now." He seemed to disappear before your eyes, leaving you in shock.

* * *

Few more notes I forgot to mention, I'll try to keep everyone in character, but don't hate me if I fail! Also, from now on YN stands for your name, HC for hair color, and EC for eye color. That's not too hard, right? Well, read and review. I'm welcome to suggestions if you have any, but nothing off the wall, okay? Also, thanks to my beta reader, BlondKittyBarbie! Well, until the next chapter!