Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Hiei Loves? ❯ Fire and Ice Just Don't Mix ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Gomen nasai that it took so long, but with school in just four days and I still have homework to finish it will take me a while to post. Mean while check out my quiz at quizilla.com ; http://www.quizilla.com/cgi-bin/user/home/edit/edit.pl? and if it doesn't show up here then in your review ask me to send it to you and I will.


Chapter Nine: Fire and Ice Just Don't Mix

Sutana opens her eyes some to see two blury beings above her. She snapped open her eyes then sat up rubbing her eyes.
"Oh, good! You're awake." Botan said
"Sutana?" Yukina called beside her. Sutana looked to Yukina. "What happened? You didn't seem to be injured so I wasn't able to help you."
"Oh...I'm sorry." she knelt her head remembering Hiei's words. He was right. All of this was happening because it was her destiny.
"You've been out for a whole day. What happened?" Botan said in a convincing tone.
"...I healed Hiei. It only drained me of my energy. That's it." Sutana said.
"Oh!" Yukina said covering her mouth. She was the only other person to know Sutana's way of healing.
"Hm? What's wrong Yukina?" Botan asked
"Oh, um nothing." Yukina answered. Sutana blushed pink.
Botan raised an eyebrow.
"Alright, what's going on?"
"It's nothing." Sutana said.
"Oh come on, Sutana." Botan urged. "You can tell me." Sutana blushed a deep red."What? He didn't kiss you did he?"
"No! Of course he didn't!"
"I didn't think so. But I still wanna know what happened."
"Well..." Sutana started.


Hiei and Kurama wait by Sutana's door while the others are in the dinning. "So Hiei," Kurama shattered the silence. "What happened?"
"Hn."
"Come now. You can tell me. You came back awfully flustered." Kurama said. Hiei grunted. Kurama sighed. "Why do I bother." Hiei smirked seeing Kurama had given up, "I saw what happened anyways." Hiei lost his smirk and gave him 'if-you-tell-anyone-I-will-kill-you' glare. "Don't worry, I won't. But,"
"what is your relationship with her?"
"Nothing."
"Nothing? But she kissed you."
"She kissed me to heal my wound."
"Perhaps. But are you positive that's how she feels?"
Hiei remembers that she had said he was what was holding her back from killing herself before he had even arrived, so maybe she kissed him to not only heal him but to tell him she liked him more than just a friend. "No." he said in response from Kurama's answer.
"Maybe you should ask her." Kurama suggested. Hiei was silent. Sutana's door opened and Botan and Yukina came out.
"She's okay but Asaki wants to speak with her. They insisted we go tell the others." Botan told them. "Hiei? What happened?"
'She didn't tell them?' "Hn." he said walking off.
"You knew he wasn't going to say." Kurama said.
"Hai, but it was worth a try." Botan said.

Sutana still sits on the tami mat, but was wearing her purple fleece pajamas; poofy ( ^^ poofy!) pants and a long sleeve shirt. Asaki walks over beside the tatami mat and sits on his knees. "Sutana, why would you do such a thing? Do you not realize how much more pain that would have brought me?"
"Gomen...nasai. Believe when I say this, I will never do it again." Sutana turned to look at her borther but only to see the top of his shaggy blonde hair. He looked up at her, tears in his eyes. He ran his hand through her hair.
"You are my only sister, my only family, I don't want to lose you." he cupped her cheek. "I will always protect you, I'll never let you out of my sight." he pulled her into a brotherly embrace. "And that is why, I have decided to move here." It took her a moment to soak all that he said in.
"What?!" she said suprized. He pulled away from the embrace a few tears gliding down his cheeks which made her calm down, accepting his decision. "When?"
"Today. But what really happened when Hiei came to you?" he ordered more than asked. A slight pink rose to her cheeks.
"...Yes, well. First things first. You fully accept my powers, right?"
"Yes."
"And do you promise not to be TOO protective."
"No."
*ANIMESWEATDROP* 'Gee, that was blunt. I just hope Hiei won't kill me after this.'


Hiei sits in his usual tree, watching Yukina show Sutana around the landscape of the temple. "She's your sister, isn't she?" Hiei turned to his side to see Asaki standing on the branch beside him. Hiei stared for a moment but went back to watching the two Koorimes.
"How did you know?" Hiei finaly asked.
"Her eyes. They're the same as yours. Plus they way you watch her. You get this protective look that only brothers have. But by the look of things," Asaki turned to look at Hiei. "She doesn't know yet, does she?"
"...no."
"...I won't ask you why. But I had something else to tell you." Asaki looked back to his sister, Hiei looked to Asaki. "If you hurt my little sister, just know I will find you." he said in a harsh tone. He looked at Hiei with a smile, "But I trust you won't. Carry on." Asaki jumped down from the tree leaving a speechless Hiei in it. Hiei turned back to the Koorimes this time looking at Sutana.
'Hurt her? But why...' he realized that Asaki must of then known about the kiss. "Hn." Hiei stood, leaving in a black blur.

~Sutana's Room~

Sutana sighed as she twirled her raven hair around her finger. "So...bored." she plopped down on her tatami mat with a deep sigh. "I feel so stupid. I can't believe I almost did that." she said as the thoughts of last night ran through her head and she stopped at the memory of the kiss. She touched her lips staring up at the ceiling. 'I wonder if he feels the same as I do?' ... 'What am I thinking?! Hiei's Hiei. He doesn't feel things like I do...does he?' she pondered over the thought and shot up as the cell phone went of.
She held her hand tp her chest in surprize. "Er...where's the phone?" she crawled over to her drawer and stood up searching through each drawer. "Eh?" she peeked over the top of the dresser and there was the cell phone. 'I'm such a ditz.' she took the phone and answered it. "Hello?"
"Hey Sutana!"
"Keiko?"
"Yep. Botan and I were wondering if you and Yukina would like to go on a walk in through the forest with us. I'm sure alot has happaned since just three days ago." (it has been three days right?? NOTE: authoress is too lazy to check)
"Sure, why not."
"Great. How's five o'clock sound?"
"Sounds good, see you at five then."
"Kay, see you later." Keiko hung up and as did Sutana. Sutana looked at her watch. "Three o'clock. That gives us two hours." she went through her drawers and picked out black jeans that faded gray at the top and a white T shirt.
"I'm hungry so I'll get something to eat, tell Yukina, then Genkai so she doens't worry; if she would, then we'll head to the forest." Sutana said while sliping on a black hoody. "Why am I wearing black? Oh well." she was about to close the door when she went back in and grabbed the cell phone then left.


~The forest~ ( got lazy ^-^;)

Sutana and Yukina walk through the forest and come upon a giant rock and decide to rest and wait for Botan and Keiko. Sutana leans back propping herself up on her arms. She admired the beauty of the snow covered forest. She closed her eyes taking in all the scents of the pine, snow, and...smoke? She shot open her eyes and looked at Yukina who seemed to have smelled it too.
They looked off into the distance and saw that one of the trees caught on fire and was quickly spreading. Soon the fire was only 100 yards away and headed toward them fast. That's when they heard Botan and Keiko calling them.
"Botan! Keiko! Over here!" Sutana yelled.
"Just stay put! We're almost their!" Botan called back.
"S-sutana?" Yukina moved closer to her friend.
"Yukina? What's wron-" Sutana turned to her friend then to the direction of the fire. A tall figure was walking strait out from the fire, and coming their direction. "Oh no."


~Urameshi Residence~

"I'm going to the arcade. If Keiko calls tell I'm gone." Yusuke said on his way out.

"..." Atsuko sat infront of the T.V. watching the news.
"Over the past the six hours forest fires have been spreading through all the forest, and still leave no trail as to who's behind it. Just in, another fire as been spotted at the Ameturi Forest and is spreading quickly..."
"Ameturi..." Atsuko gasped. "Yusuke! Keiko and Botan left for the forest not to long ago!"
"What?! Change of plans! I'll be back whenever!" Yusuke rushes out of the apartment. He's about one third of the way there when Koenma pops out infront of him. "Koema?! Outa my way! I;m busy!" Yusuke pushes past a now angry Koenma. Koenma floats beside Yusuke as he runs.
"Yusuke! Listen to me! Two abnoramly strong fire demons have entered the human world and have started to-"
"Let me guess. They're the ones causing the forest fires?"
Koenma nodded. "Yes but their purpose isn't to cause the fires for fun. They hunt and torture ice demons. And in case you haven't noticed both Yukina and Sutana are ice demons!"
"Yeah well. I have a pretty good guess as to where they are."
"Alright then. I'll have to go tell Kurama and Hiei. See ya Yusuke." Koenma said then disapeered.


~Ameturi Forest~

The figure walked calmly and casually toward Yukina and Sutana. And when in view they could see what he looked like. He had red short spikey hair and peircing blood red eyes that raised the hairs on her skin. His ears were short and pointy with an earing loop on each ear. He wore puffy red pants and a white sleeveless shirt. He smirked at the two of them.
"My my, what do we have here?" he said in a rough and cocky voice. "A koorime," he smirked at Yukina who clung to Sutana. "And a human? No, you are not human. You reak of oni." Sutana raised her energy knowing it would tell him her race but she had to be prepaired for battle. He cocked an eyebrow in amusment. "Two ice demons. Today must be our lucky day." rustling came from the bushes and out came Botan and Keiko.
"Yukina! Sutana!" they both ran over to their friends. The fire demon sneered at them both crossing his arms.
"We have no need reeper and human girl." Sutana glared.
"What do you mean 'we' and 'our'?"
"Hm." he smirked and tilted his head to the side. Sutana caught on that it was a signal.
"Botan, Keiko-" but she was too late. Keiko was knocked out in a flash and botan was trown clear across their surrounding. The demon responsible for it was taller then the other and was husky from all his muscles. His hair as well was red and his eyes too, his hair had some spikes to it but was mainly messy and his bangs covered the most part of his narrow eyes.
He went toward Yukina, quiet fast for his size. "Oh no you don't!" Sutana grabbed Yukina and lept up into a tree setting her down. "Whatever you do don't move unless they attack you." Yukina nodded to frightened for words.
Meanwhile the smaller demon was yelling at the other for his mistake. "Damn it Komoki! How could you have missed her?!"
"Domo, I'm tired of your continues babble!" they bickered back and forth. Sutana jumped down from the tree interupting the argument.
"I'll take it that you two are brothers?"
"What?" Domo sneered at Sutana. "Nice of you to join us. Now, we'll give you one chance to come with us peacfully."
"And what if I refuse?"
"Then we'll just have to make ya, lil' missy." Komoki answered.
"Well, I'm afaird that I'll have to refuse coming peacfully. So lets just get this over with." Sutana took her stance then charged at Komoki full force with incredible speed. She threw a punch at him in which he dodged. She threw multiple combos of kicks, puches, and flips, but all failed. She threw one last puch but he caught her fist with his right hand and in the blink of an eye he tossed her through the air rammingher into a tree.
She slid down the tree squinting her eyes at the pain. When she opened her eyes Domo was only five feet infront of her.
"Go ahead. Hit me." he mocked her. She kneeled on one knee and summoned her clear blue energy to her fist.
"Fine, but it's your funeral!" she lept forward and landed the blow to his stomach. She smiled with satisfaction, but her smile faded as her energy disintegrated and her hand caught a flame. She fell to the ground holding her wrist in pain, biting her lower lip to conceal a scream. She shoved her hand into the snow and the fire went out.
'They're...much stronger than I thought.' a scream caught Sutana's attention away from her hand and she immediatly looked up to the tree she had left Yukina in, she was gone. Komoki and Domo laughed. Sutana got to her feet totaly forgeting about her hand and glared at them both but eyed Komoki for he had taken Yukina.
"Leave. Her. Alone." Sutana growled
"Oh? Now why would we-" Domo was cut off by Sutana puching him clear across the cheek. "Why you little..." Domo stood to his feet.
"I warned you once, but I don't second chances." she glared. She charged again.
'Her energy...it's got stronger.' Domo was struck with another blow but this time to the stomach. She repeatdiatly hit him over and over, and Komoki was tired of it. While Sutana was busy knocking Domo around he dropped Yukina to the ground and struck Sutana in the back of her neck sending her unconcious. He threw her over his shoulder.
"Come on, get the other girl and lets go." he said in his deep voice. Domo spat out some blood and nodded picking up and stuggling Yukina who he then knocked out and they turn the other way walkiing off.
"Hey!" They turn back around to see an out of breath Yusuke come out from the bushes. "Where do you think you're going?!" he raised his hand readying for his trademark Spirit Gun.
"I wouldn't do that if I were you, Detective." Domo wraped his hand around Yukina's neck. "With the flick of my wrist I will kill this girl."
"Damn it..." Yusuke mumbled.
"Lets make this interesting." he smirked. "If you be a patient little boy we'll send one of them back, when we're through of course." Yusuke glared.
"And if I were to agree, what would happen to my other friend?"
"Hmm, well I wouldn't kill her. It all depends on their cooperation. So what's your decision? Either they die now, or you have the chance at saving them both?" Yusuke struggled with the sudden question that could change all of thier lives.
He reluctantly lowered his hand hanging his head. "Fine."
he mumbled.
"What's that? I couldn't hear you."
"I said fine, damn it! But if you lie to me then I'll hunt you down myself and kill you with my bare hands!"
"Tsk. Then it's agreed." Domo and Komoki then disapeered into the flames which then descended.
"What did...I just do?" Yusuke questioned himself.

END OF CHAPTER

Next time in Hiei Loves, Hiei, Kuwabara, and Asaki won't take Yusuke's decision to lightly. And what will they do to Sutana and Yukina? Pain will felt, horror will be seen, and more deals will be made. See you all in 'Fire and Ice Just Don't Mix: Part Two'. Untill next time, Sayonara bye bye!