Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Les amies Noir ❯ A portal ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Let's just say I own nothing to make this quick
 
Les amies noir Chapter 1
 
-----------------
 
-“Tell me why we are here again Urameshi?!” Kuwabars voice loud as he ran after his friend.
-“Right now we're searching for Kurama and Hiei!” He seemed awfully cheerful to his tone. Kuwabara grabbed Yusuke by the shoulder stopping him from running.
-“We just recently fixed up things with the Makai and the demon tournament. So why are we in Rekai? Some sort of last reunion? I mean then they could have come to us. It's easier for Botan-chan and Koenma to do that then to drag all four of us here.” Yusuke just pushed away his hand.
-“I thought you might want to see this place. It's pretty cool at times.” Kuwabara almost seemed to giggle, so he agreed to that. “So I decided to make this a challenge!” Kuwabara was brought back by Yusuke slamming one of his fists into his palm. “Kurama and Hiei came here before us…..So I thought we'd play some tag. With a bet of course.”
-“What kind of bet?” Kuwabara now sounded even more amused, this was actually turning out to be interesting. However Yusuke raised a finger.
-“Not telling, but you'll like it.” Then there was some silence between them until Kuwabara spoke up.
-“How do you find Hiei when he doesn't want to be found.” (And we don't have that kind of whistle)
-“Well that's why I'm settling with finding Kurama first….And he'll help us find Hiei.” Yusuke seemed rather embarrassed at that, remembering how unwilling Hiei had been to these ´Human games.´ He wasn't sure that Hiei considering himself ´in the game´ either.
-“Let's just find them Urameshi.” Kuwabara sighed, Yusuke had done things more difficult then necessary.
-
He looked over his shoulder, yes he had managed to sneak away from them without any problem. It was almost as playing hide and seek, knowing that you had full advantage. Yet Koenmas confused ogres couldn't find him either as he hid behind a shelf in Koenmas library.
-“Kurama!” Yusukes voice cried as he stormed out from the library quickly followed by Kuwabara. Kurama felt a smile crawl up his lips. It was Yusukes idea on playing this game of tag for time passing. He had to suit himself that he was chasing the former master thief Youko Kurama. Well Koenma should be calling them to his office in about an hour. Kurama had a strong feeling this was not a serious sort of gathering, rather a last reunion before being called of duty officially. In other words, if the two younger boys wanted to take their time to amuse themselves he could lend them a hand; or at least a challenge. He almost had to suppress a giggle.
-´Are you so easily amused?´ Kurama looked up and saw Hiei sitting up on the large shelf looking down at him. Kurama placed a finger over his lips as a hushing sign. Hiei “hned” the entire game and was gone from the scene. Kurama was just about to make a movement toward a new hiding place when he noticed a handle on the floor. Narrowing his eyes he made out the shapes of a cellar door carefully hidden in the floor pattern. Now this was far more interesting then playing tag with the young detective and his friend. Kurama wondered how something like this could have slipped his thief senses so he quickly moved over and tried to open it. Locked as presumed. But it was a lock that was more then simple for him. Koenma was underestimating today's youkai criminals. The lock clicked and he opened the door gently feeling the typical smell of an old room enter his nostrils. He looked over his shoulder one more time and then sneaked into the cellar. It took a few seconds for his eyes to get used to the dark but at ones his eyes fell on the single object in the room. A book laying peacefully on a pillar as if it waited for someone to open it.
The book was just lying there. The green cover of an old book lying there. The back of Kuramas mind told him not to open it. But this book, it was one of those books he could see in his dreams; it was a treasure no doubt. His thief instincts laying dormant inside of him were starting to wake up.
(Touch it) the thought shot through his mind sharp like an arrow. Now it was inevitable. The department above him was the department for studying of other worlds. So he had a slight idea what the book might contain. Boring text of a probably nonexistent world. The Rekai had files in most matters; he had been looking through them when opportunity came across; however it rarely did. However even if he assumed that it would be boring; perhaps even unreadable it tempted him. Material that was this secret; this forbidden; this locked away. It was always more amusing then any other.
 
He dragged a finger over the books cover, taking away a small layer of dust. He eyed the room quickly and then opened it up. Some dust covered the room and Kurama actually raised an eyebrow at the sight of the pages in front of him.
Pictures. Two wide pictures, one on each page. There was a beautiful woman in a dress sitting in a pillar smiling wickedly downwards, as a cat looking down on a mouse it is about to eat. What surprised Kurama greatly was the fact that the dress looked modern, like something that would be worn these days. He flipped through the pages quickly, only showing people and places.
Most of them looked modern, but they weren't photographs. But the books cover told of great age; it's pages had a yellow tone to it and were of thick material. It was highly confusing and very exciting; he wanted to explore its pages.
 
Then he heard the sound of some of Koenmas ogres coming closer, it was probably time to end this little “read” then. He had other things in his life waiting. He glanced at the last picture. A city in front of him, even if it was black and white the picture felt alive, a lighting striking over the skyscrapers on a dark stormy sky.
 
Then for the flash of a moment, the lighting seemed as if it was coloured. Kurama blinked, then coloured again but only for a second, a sound in the background as if the lighting had been striking outside of the castle rather then inside the book. Before he knew it he saw and heard the lighting strike in front of him. He pulled back, saw it again! Now the city was coming to life before him. Then the picture coming closer getting full colour beneath him and he found himself falling downwards.
 
---
 
Hiei was the first to notice his friends energy had disappeared, Yusuke and Kuwabara felt the same just a moment later and soon all three of them found themselves rushing towards the library. There they found Koenma in his teenage form standing there arguing with some of his ogres.
-“It was supposed to be highly guarded, just like all of the other realm gates!!”
-“Koenma have you seen Kurama?” Yusuke was the first to ask, his voice holding deep concern. At that Koenma went silent, to his ogres delight. His eyes seemed troubled; this was more problem then just him getting punished by his father.
-“No but I know where he is” Koenma said after a while with a sigh; then pointed a finger at the book. A rather comical silence fell across the scene.
-“No kidding us now Koenma” Kuwabara broke the silence. His voice held a tone of disbelief, but a hint of amusement in it.
-“I'm not joking…. This is a portal to a different dimension” The last words were pressed out slower; frustration on his face.
-“What?!” Yusuke and Kuwabara burst out in a union. Hiei remained silent merely casting the book a quick glance.
Before Yusuke was able to continue with something like “why haven't you said anything about other portals!” he remembed that Kurama was on the other side and approached the book.
-“I won't allow you to do that Yusuke, entering that realm is strictly forbidden.”
-“Well enter the Makai is strictly forbidden but people do it anyway” Yusuke countered; but stopped in his steps.
-“Kurama was sent to that world by a mistake, that book was never meant to be foun-
-“But we can't just leave him there!?” Yusuke spun around facing his former superior with a fury.
There was silence.
-“…….Alright, however it will take a few days for the portal to get ready, these portals are unreliable things after all”
-“Good.” Yusuke said shortly.
-“But it is madness to go to that world.” However Koenma seemed to talk with himself now, realising that when they're friends were on the line; he might as well be speaking to deaf ears.
-“I am mad enough to do worse things” Yusukes voice cocky in that typical way; ready to brace himself for hell if so was.
-“Yeah I mean when we went to the Makai fighting Sensui was most surely madder” Kuwabara said to back Yusuke up.
 
Hiei was silent, his mind troubled but shut out for anyone trying to pry in it. Koenma just seemed more and more troubled by each second that passed.
 
 
---------------------
 
Still want reviews even when I'm done with the story I'm always curious to see what people think of it.