Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Les amies Noir ❯ Keeper ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Next chapter
 
----------------------------------
Les amies noir chapter 4
 
Kurama opened his eyes slowly, his head was slightly hurting.
-“It went well for you, it could've gone worse.” A female voice said to him.
At ones Kurama sat strait up in the bed, he looked around in the room. He was in an apartment, nothing strange with it at all. He saw no one in the room.
-“Who's there?” he found his own voice getting stuck in his throat as if it was dry.
-“You're a bit slow… Typical men”
Kurama found himself raising an eyebrow at this comment. Now he saw her, sitting on a chair on the opposite side of the wall, her back strait. Long violet hair combined with a couple of violet eyes but in the darkness of the room they appeared almost black. She looked younger then him, couldn't be more then 15.
-“The prince will want to see you as soon as possible.”
Kurama still hadn't been able to grasp the entire situation and his headache was rising by the minutes.
-“What…What has happened?” Kurama managed to get out after a while. “I had such a weird…..” He tried to recall his memories but he found himself remember almost nothing. The girl got up from the chair, walked over to him and sat down in front of him on the bed.
-“It'll go faster showing” She took his hand and placed it over his chest.
At first Kurama didn't understand what the meaning of all this was. But after a few seconds it came clearly to his mind.
-(My……my heart isn't beating) “I'm dead!” he blurt out, his voice seeming to hold a confused yet desperate tone.
-“Yes.” The girl confirmed as a cold stated fact.
 
A lot of thoughts went through Kuramas mind as he desperately tried to remember before he lost conscious, but everything just seemed blurry. But he didn't need to remember completely to understand what had happened to him.
-“I'm a…..” Pictures from old black and white vampire movies. Someone from his class sitting and reading a horror novel. A quick glance at a TV showing some fiction documentary about “the creatures of the night”. He saw the girl in front of him give him a smirkish smile making her fangs clearly visible to the naked eye. Her face expression appeared wicked for a second but was quickly restored to a more bored state.
-“Normally when someone like you are created, out of nowhere, the prince have them destroyed.”
Kurama was to shocked to find that comment threat full.
-“I don't know the circumstances but apparently you are allowed to…..go on existing.” Kurama was still in a state of confusion when the girl got up from the bed and almost dragged him up as well.
- (What is this, a dream? Yes it must be some kind of dream)
-“Come we're going to see the prince, my sire, the one who made me.”
Silence.
-“Change clothes first you can't se the prince and the council looking like that.” The fact that his own clothes were dirtied down hadn't occurred Kurama until now.
-“The bathroom, there are clothes there” She pointed at a door.
Without a word Kurama entered the bathroom. Got of his jacket and then looked down at his hands in the light of the roof lamp.
Pale, white, white as snow they were. Long finger nails, almost clawlike. The first thought that hit Kuramas head was.
-(Oh my, how strange. But this is a dream right)
He got of his clothes and took the ones hanging on the wall. A couple of black pants, a white shirt and a black vest. When he was done he turned to look in the mirror.
-“….No reflection” this did really surprise him to the difference of his pale hands.
-“Stop taking so long” The girl walked strait into the bathroom being certain that Kurama was finished. “I already kno…..
Silence again.
Kurama looked her up and down and in the light of the lamp he saw that she was equally pale, her eyes indeed purple, wearing a darkblue dress, she looked like she was heading towards some sort of party, However even if her appearance was nice, her face expression hade now turned into frustrating anger.
-“You're one of them” She pressed out in almost whispers. Kurama was about to say something but she interrupted him.
-“You're a Lasombra!!”
She calmed down slightly “Now I se what those ´circumstances´ were.”
In the corner of his eye Kurama could se that the girl herself was casting a reflection while he wasn't. She hissed at him showing her fangs.
-“You're a ´Keeper´” She slowly started walking towards him “and as the Princes´ childe, as a member of the Camarilla and clan Ventrue. I can not let Sabbat creeps like you pass into my sires domain!!”
Kurama quickly backed preparing himself to fight forgetting that his powers were already gone. She was just about to jump him when all of a sudden she froze.
Kurama blinked waiting for the attack to come, but nothing came. Instead she looked ashamed like she was trying to explain herself. Then she looked up at him, same bored face expression as before.
-“Come let's go.”
Somehow Kurama found himself unable to question her command and followed her. They left the apartment and walked out in the city covered in night lights.
-“We're going to the Elysium, we're going to se the Prince” the girl said as if she understood Kuramas confusion. Then after a few minutes of walking in silence she said.
-“You're taking this to well.” She stopped and turned around. “Do you KNOW what you are now?”
Kurama closed his eyes to calm himself, which worked perfectly.
-“I am dreaming. That is what this situation is.” She started laughing.
-“Dreaming, wishful thinking, I've never heard that one before!” Kurama felt upset by hearing this.
-“This is all a dream there is no possibility that all of this is real, there are to many things speaking against it” He felt that he was close to raise his voice, that he was this upset bothered him.
-“How's this for real Lasombra?” She punched him in the face. Kurama hade to take a step to regain his balance. The punch wasn't hard but it felt very real, as if finally waking up from that haze that had came over him about an hour ago. The street seemed more real and it was as if all sounds around him became clear. Without letting his face of the ground he said, more to himself.
-“This is real isn't it?”
-“It's very real.”
More silence.
-“I don't expect you to accept but I do expect you to believe.” She filled in and then she started walking again. Kurama silently followed, but all those thoughts from before started crawling back into his mind.
-“I've become a……monster.”
---
Yusuke stared it down, as if blaming the book itself for what hade happened, which was in one way correct.
Kuwabara was walking back and forward in the room.
-“You think he's okay?” he finally said to break the heavy silence.
-“I don't know” Yusuke quickly answered, his voice worried.
The heavy silence returned.
-“Where did he go?”
-“I don't know”
-“The book knows?”
-“I don't know!”
Yusuke was getting tired of Kuwabaras constant questions
-“Hn. A fool always have something to ask about. Expect no less.”
Yusuke actually felt relived that Hiei had finally arrived. Now they only missed Botan.
-“I'm here” Botan came down the stairs to the underground room, she was wearing a pink sweater and jeans and not her working kimono. She held up a small book and started looking through it.
-“Is that information about the place?!” Yusuke and Kuwabara said in a union.
Botan closed it and nodded.
-“Unfortunately it only says how this book got here. Guess no one who has opened it has gotten back to tell what was on the pages.”
-“Sounds really bad.” Kuwabara stated the obvious and Yusuke only felt how he got even more worried. He placed his hand on the book.
-(Kurama….were did you go? We would need you at a time like this.)
Then he opened it and everyone backed a step afraid if they were going to get dragged in. Nothing happened. Yusuke started flipping the pages. Kuwabara, Hiei and Botan walked up to him to look at them. A picture of a woman in a modern dress, a really smirkish face expression. Pictures of an empty room.
All of a sudden Yusuke swore he saw the lamp turn on and of in the room.
-“Di, did you guys se that” Kuwabara said in a scared voice.
-“Uhum.” Botan stated while nodding. She sounded equally frightened as Kuwabara, if not more.
Before the four tanteis knew it the room was around them.
-“We're in!!” Yusuke was the first to shout as if he had accomplished something great.
-“Oi, oi” Kuwabara showed a sign that Yusuke should keep it down.
-“Kurama we're going to rescue you!!”
-“Stop it Yusuke” Botan was going to call up her oar to whack him in the head, but found out that she couldn't. She blinked.
-“My oar” Then there was silence, everyone remembering that their powers were gone now.
Yusuke turned to Hiei.
-“We're counting on you Hiei.” Hiei looked slightly surprised at this sudden confession of trust to him.
-“And why that?” he sounded annoyed as always.
-“Because your speed and sword skill isn't something that's bound to your youki right? So should still be able to fight.”
-“Hey Urameshi we aren't helpless just because we have no reiki you know.”
-“I know but…..we're at a great disadvantage.”
 
 
------------------------------
 
Chapter done. I wonder how long it will take for them to find Kurama……and find out what kind of place they really are at. Kurama probably seemed kinda OOC in this chapter but I can imagine that's what one feels like after….going through an embrace, really confused.