Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Les amies Noir ❯ Blind in darkness ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Okay next chapter coming up, now I'm going to deal with something that people otherwise might wonder over.
 
---------------
 
Les amies noir chapter 17
 
 
Kurama sat and listened to the council, Sasha Vykos was still at the main subject and the more he was told of it, the more he was certain that this thing would gamble to the safety of his kine friends and family, especially since it has a score to settle with it.
-“Dimitrir.” He looked over at Mithras. “The Camarilla Lasombras opinion on Vykos is?”
-“It's a serious threat prince Mithras. As long as it makes no moves it would be unwise to rush into an attack, however I do suggest that someone suitable should investigate in the matter.”
-“How about sending yourself?” Didier's obvious comment, the entire council knew that it was a suicidal mission, however sending in the already hated Lasombra they probably liked. “Vykos minions would never suspect you unless you prove yourself not loyal to that unorganized…..whatever they would call themselves.” He smirked lightly at him. Kurama knew that this would be enough to convince the council to an agreement and he started doubting if it was a wise idea to join the council. He did remember the looks that both Yina and Hiei had given him before, however he had been promised safety of his kine contacts. Then again who was the prince to trust? He could just quit the mission if he found it to suicidal? What were his options if he quit? Joining the Sabbat? He wasn't strong enough to stand on his own yet Wolfgang had said. Speaking of that were was Wolfgang?
-“I believe the council has reached an agreement, do you have any objections Dimitrir?” He saw the princes face expression holding slight concerning, and he saw the expression of the council rather holding something plotting in their expressions. The prince was unable to go against the council, and if he disagreed he would be called traitor, after all he was already on the line.
-“No, I will spy on the enemy and if possible lower the number of its underlings.”
The council looked pleased at this comment, Mithras appeared neutral.
-“We have reached a conclusion are there any other matters that are to be taken up at the council?”
There was silence.
-“Then you are dismissed.” He made a slight hand movement that made the entire council stand up and leave the room.
There was no one meeting him in the hall, he wasn't surprised at this Hiei and Yina must've found it boring waiting for him. He was about to go through the door when.
-´Dimitrir.´ Miriams voice into his mind, he turned around seeing her talking to someone at the beginning of the corridor. ´Vykos should be able to be found at such a cliché place as the cemetery. After all Tzimisces are “monster of the old world”.´ He left quickly after receiving the information.
 
---
 
Walking down the street that he recognised, finding the city different yet still the same, as if a really thin layer of something unspeakable was starting to lay over everything. A voice he recognised in his head, the voice was laughing.
-“Come out Anatole.” The Malkavian made an entrance from the shadows. “How long?”
-“Since you left the Elysium.” Kurama gave him a hard glare and he found the Malkavian backing a step.
-“She used to give me that look when she was upset.” This only made Kurama angrier.
-“Don't provoke him Anatole. It'll do you no good; he's Darlings childe after all.” A voice he hadn't heard in long yet recognised. “Beckett, clan Gangrel.” The light brown haired Gangrel in the brown baggy clothes was standing not to far from them, one hand in his pockets and, ironically, sun glasses. He gave of the impression of an adventure and was holding a cowboy hat in his free hand.
-“An animal and a lunatic…..” Kurama stated quickly. This made both of them laugh somehow. However they stopped quickly.
-“Enough talking about Lucita” Anatole spoke up.
-“I do not want an alliance; I want it least with you.”
-“We are looking after Sasha Vykos as well.” Beckett spoke up as if it was nothing in the world.
-“Or rather YOU are looking for Sasha Vykos.” The blonde Malkavian looked over at Beckett now with a serious face expression. Then he turned to Kurama. “They have a somewhat personal grudge he won't tell me, and he'll feel when I try to search his mind.” This causing talk with him frustrated Kurama even further.
-“It is not like we know each other or anything!”
-“But we face a common enemy” Beckett pointed out. “We have just managed to search up Vykos, we were getting close when Anatole here, started seeing visions saying we shouldn't search any further in a few nights.”
-“Stop talking like you know me.” Kuramas voice darker.
-“But we do, in one way or another.” Beckett passed by him and walked up to Anatole. “Why don't you tag along, it'll be impossible even for you to deal with Vykos if you get found out.”
- (´Even for you´)
-“You are far more powerful then the prince and your teacher is letting on. After all you have inherited Lucitas power, if you like it or not.”
Somehow Kurama found himself following them, knowing that it would make his mission much easier.
-“Vykos should be beneath it all.”
-“Logic speaks so.”
When hearing the tone in their voices Kurama understood what they were going to do, these wasn't going to spy on Vykos, these people had set out to kill it.
-“Dimitrir.” Beckett was the one who spoke up.
-“Yes?”
-“Oh but what do you want me to call you?”
-“Call me whatever you like.” Kuramas voice showing no interest in anything.
-“Alright Kurama, we have a plan here so you'll have to listen since you are a part of it to, either you like it or not.”
Anatole looking over at him, his blue eyes seemed to try looking into his mind. Then he turned to Beckett.
-“He would most certainly be able to do it.”
Frustration building up again.
-“Even if we did not speak of it, it would be hanging in the air.” Beckett started walking ahead of them. Anatole standing still.
-“You are not betraying your precious deceiving prince, who you, at any rate, already hate, by doing this.”
 
The cemetery, like he remembered it. It looked no different from what he remembered yet he knew there was a strong difference in it. Vykos was lurking somewhere around here after all, that alien creature he had heard much of, that Kindred alike seemed to be hating, his mind had a vague image of what it would look like. And that imagine wasn't pretty.
-“Ah what honourable guests we have.” Kurama a voice only a few meters behind him. Beckett was the first to react by quickly turning around backing but Kurama and Anatole wasn't late on following his example.
The…thing Kurama was seeing in front of himself was slightly like he had imagined it to be. It had no hair, yet the heads flesh had been shaped in a hairstyle that would had reminded him of Hiei, but this was made in purely flesh. At some parts it almost appeared a little, inside turned out. But the first and clearest impression that it gave was “alien”.
-“My my Beckett, I see that you have recovered from what I…..did to you.” Kurama could feel hate steam from Beckett but that he was quickly calming down. It continued to talk “I am a gentleman of my kind.” It's voices somewhat enchanting in an unexplainable way. “However I believe that what lies between us should be kept secret from that Keeper and that Lunatic. So what do you say we get down to the business you came here for.” Kurama saw Beckett throw him a quick glance, and somehow he understand what he was going at. The first thing he noticed after that was that Anatole could not bee seen any longer. Beckett put his cowboy hat on his head; he saw his nails slowly turn into long claws.
- (Animalistic clan was it….)
-“Fight your way then.” At that moment Kurama saw several people coming towards them coming out beneath the cemetery places.
-“I thought kine were replaced.” Was, surprisingly to Kurama, his first comment.
-“Yes, but these aren't kine. These are Shlacktas. Modified Tzimisce ghouls.”
-“……….Wonderful” He found his own voice sarcastic.
-´Is Anatole keeping?´ Beckett nodded without Kuramas need to continue. “Then we'll focus on these for now.”
Rushing against them, shadow tentacles emerging from the ground having them striking his enemies far before he arrived, and fighting at distance was his advantage, just like before. These modified ghouls where indeed more problematic then kine, however far from any danger, more like something to keep them busy. What worried Kurama, was that he couldn't see the Tzimisce any longer. He had to trust that Anatole kept his hidden eyes on it.
 
-----
 
After dealing with a number of the Shlacktas Kurama found Beckett standing behind him holding up a stake.
-“I'll do the final blow it's a promise however Anatole is keeping it distracted while staying hidden. But that won't work for long. Would you mind…..powering up a bit to…..get a hit in for him.” Kurama understood what he meant and calmly slit his own wrist with his teethes without questioning it.
-“I heard your teacher was a master of the abyss. You'll show me?” Kurama only needed to think one simple word (Come) At ones the shadow tentacles became a more smoke like material quickly sucking itself into Kuramas open wound. He had to get down on the ground from the pain and scream loudly. Beckett kept the last Shlackas at bay during the minute that Kurama needed to stay down on the ground.
-“They're up at the roof you should be able to see it now.” Kurama looked up and did see it. Anatole was still in his hidden state, yet Kurama got the feeling it could see him.
Finger black, hands black, everything, a walking shadow, a powerful walking shadow.
-“Don't stay in that form to long, that's the big mistake.”
With a single jump he got up from the ground and land on the lower roof top. One more jump and he was at the same roof as the Tzimisce and Anatole. He noticed that his speed had made a drastic increase, and at that moment he had a slight feeling about how it must be like being Hiei. It didn't have time to react until it had a hard punch into it's head and flew of the roof side. Kurama landed perfectly on the roof side seeing the Tzimisce land on the ground. Beckett took care of the rest.
-“Get out of that form now, I do believe that you wish not to remain that black way.” Kurama did as Anatole told him to and the moment he felt himself weaken greatly. He managed to keep his eyes open, apparently the fight was as good as over.
-“We were unlucky though. But nonetheless we had an amusing time didn't we?” Kurama found out that Anatole was holding him so he wouldn't collapse on the roof.
 
---
 
Beckett had a smirking face expression when he held up the stake. “Rotten in the sun will you it's almost day light after all” He stabbed the stake into it's heart quickly and heard. An unreal sound was heard from it and then there was silence.
Kurama was sitting on the ground; Anatole dragged up the arm of his jacket and looked at his scars. He lifted up his arm, as if to inspect it.
-“I see……..Lucita really must've liked you.” He dropped it, Kurama not moving from his spot, still recovering from what he had just done.
He was about to say something when Anatole disappeared from his view. He looked down seeing that Beckett was gone as well. He managed to move away from the spot to find a sheltered place to rest during the light hours. By next night that Tzimices remains would only be ashes for sure. But ´We were unlucky´ what had he meant by that?
 
---------
Chapter done!