Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Riazen's Story ❯ Riazen's unexpected visit ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I do not own Yu Yu Hakusho and regretfully never will.
 
Chapter 1
__________________________________________________________
 
 
The wind blew through Yusukes thick brown hair as he started up the hill toward his fathers grave.
“Dad?” he called. “Are you here?”
There was a blur next to the withering gravestone of his father, Riazen. The figure quickly came to foucus revealing a tall blonde almost white haired man. He had small fangs at the corners of his mouth and like his son, his eyes were a mud-brown color.
“Yes, my son?” he asked.
Yusuke smiled.
“I thought I would come to visit you,” he said.
“Yes, it as been awhile since we have seen each other hasen't it?” replied Riazen. “It's nice wheather we are having itsen't it?”
“A real treat,” yusuke replied while taking a seat on a rock across from his father. “If only this darn breeze would stop messing up my hair.”
His father laughed and asked: “How has the job as a Spirit Detective serving you?”
“Not very well,” yusuke answered and with a frown he added, “I got fired.”
Riazen chuckled.
“Like your mother, you can't serve someone for long but while you do it feels like eternity.”
“You got that one right, by the way, how long were you together?” yusuke asked.
“About six years, why do you ask?” said his father suspiciously.
“I wanted to know how long it would take a guy like you to get a woman pregnant.”
They both laughed.
“So how is the team?” Riazen said after catching his breath.
“Kuwabra and Kurama are usually in Human World, in fact, I think they go to the same collage now. As for Hiei, he is constantly on patrol. From the way Boton described it, it sounds like hell but I guess that means home for Hiei,” said Yusuke with a chuckle.
“Now, son, why did you come here?” Riazen asked.
“Well, I'm worried.” Yusuke confessed.
“About what?” Riazan asked patiently.
“Well, Koaenma called me and Kuwabra in his office and told us to try to avoid coming in contact with Kurama because he thinks during the last tournament that Kurama didn't intend to turn into Youko, he also thinks Kurama couldn't control his demon form and that next time it could be us instead of the enemy that he hurts or maybe even kills, but ya see, I feel guilty blaming him for something he can't help,” explained Yusuke.
“Well, there is one question that could very well be your answer, Do you trust him?”
“Of course I trust him! We are teammates! Practically brothers! All of the team are!” yelled Yusuke.
“Then problem solved, he wouldn't hurt you without a good reason would he? At least not intentionally, so why should you listen to your ex-boss when he is more of a friend to you? Tell me, who would you more likely want to put your life in the hands of?”
Yusuke paused.