Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Riazen's Story ❯ A Princes Arrival ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Chapter 21 I DON'T OWN YYH
A Princes Arrival
 
Even though she was bleeding all she could think about was him, so now she lay dieing as the snow turned red around her…
 
Youko woke up with a startled cry. He panted as he tried to clear the dream from his mind. It had been three months since his friends' deaths. And for three months, every night he relived that experience. He sat up trying to picture Lila, Kuronue, and Leslies faces. Whenever he did this (which was very often) he tried to see them before the `accidents' but often he would find himself staring at his blood-splattered friends.
He laid down and tried to go back to sleep. The next morning he woke at 7:15. He walked into the forest outside the lair. The sun had begun to rise spreading beautiful shades of pink and orange across the light gray sky. Memories of how He and Lila would pass on breakfast some days just to sit out there and watch the rising sun. Sometimes Leslie would bring them something to eat and other times, she wouldn't. Youko snapped out of it. Sticking his hand into the hollow part of the tree he pulled out his sketchpad. His fingertips gently ran over the rough texture of the leather cover. Flipping through the pages he saw the picture he drew of Lila the day he proposed. He also saw the one he drew off the picture they took that same day. Others, near the front were of his sister Kayla, they were based off the messy ones he did as a child and from memory. He ran his fingers against the smooth surface of the ruby pendant of Kuronue's pendant he retrieved days after what happened. After putting the book away and walking back to the lair he decided to clear his thoughts completely he would join the D.W.U.D.F. D.W.U.D.F stood for “Demon Worlds United Defense Forces”. The D.W.U.D.F was made up of about 500 of Demon Worlds best demons. Both Men and Woman were in. Each with their own unique abilities. The good thing was, the D.W.U.D.F was known to have the most honorable fighters you could ask for, so even though he was a great and hated thief, nobody would care. Even Riazen, prince of Demon World and his father the king had joined, now that might present a problem, so he figured he had best stay away from us.”
 
“Wait, wait,” Yusuke said, waving his hands in the air. “What do you mean `us'?” Riazen laughed.
“I'm in this story remember, from now on the word `I' and `me' and `we' will come up a lot, because I will be in the story quite a bit. Now back to the story.”
Youko packed his things and headed off to `Weeping Child' a small town where a ship would pick up all the soldiers and take them to `Lost Soul Field' a field where we would fight against the army of demons who planed to take over a good deal of Demon World called Angousio's, we were the Rebels, rebelling against this plan.
Youko stood at the edge of the dock in Weeping Child watching the ship drew nearer. [Riazen will be in this story now]
 
At first when I saw him standing alone at the ships bow I thought he was another one of those demon lowlifes who thought they could come and survive the war, for he was very pale, and tired looking, his hair was shadowed so it looked a dull gray, but at a second glance I realized that he was THE Youko Kurama. My first reaction to this discovery was to call the guards who came to see us off, since some demons were still getting on. But I stopped. What was Youko doing here? Going to war instead of stealing something? So I didn't say anything I just walked off to find my room.
A few hours later I found myself staring up at the ceiling. Somehow I just couldn't get to sleep, so I studied the area around me. It was a small room. One window covered with a musty crimson curtain. The walls were paint-chipped. There were two beds one of which I was lying on, the other was empty I guessed my room/ship-mate hadn't come in yet, so I drifted off into a light doze. I awoke a while later from the door opening I saw the figure in the doorway and guessed it was my room/ship-mate. As my eyes adjusted I saw he was about seven feet tall, dressed in all white, and long hair. Piecing it together, I was shocked when I found it was Youko. He walked over to the other bed and lay down. I, at the time thought he was asleep when I looked over a few minutes later. But in truth he was lying on his side, eyes open, and thinking…
The next morning when all the soldiers where assembled for breakfast which was a stale roll, half an onion, and a small piece of over salted stake, Youko was nowhere to be found. I started wandering around, and then I saw him, the Legendary Bandit Youko Kurama. He was standing on deck; hardly holding onto the rail as he leaned forward to watch the sea green waves clash together making brilliant white bubbles. His eyes seemed far off, as if in another world and his face expressionless. I quietly walked up behind him.
“Jump.”
 
Angel Of Forgotten Souls: Yeah, Riazen finally comes in, you might want to read this chapter over cause it's a really important one, even thought it's boring. Please review and be patient for the next chapter, when it comes out please keep reading, I love my readers!