Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Hidden Past, The Hopeful Future ❯ Keep In Touch ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AnimeFox1940: Again, Hi everyone!! ^-^ Gah! Choir is starting to poke at my last nerve!

BlackCat116: I'm very surprised you lasted THIS long.

AnimeFox1940: I know! I'm surprised as well...But at least I wasn't muttering devious little ways to KILL her, unlike MANY people I know. *Glances at BlackCat116*

BlackCat116: Shut Up. You know you wanted to. And you KNOW you were thinking about it too. I could tell by the look on your face.

AnimeFox1940: Yeah, yeah. Whatever. Anyhow, moving on...Uhmm...I don't really know what to say except, as always, sorry for the delay. Choir has been getting in the way and tomorrow we will stay after school practicing much longer than intended--or wanted. *groan* But, I try my best! *Determand look* And I WILL continue writing!!

BlackCat116: ...Right...*Streched the word out grealy* Read on.

AnimeFox1940: WAIT!!! THIS IS IMPORTANT TO KNOW TO UNDERSTAND WHAT'S GOING ON!!! This chapter is based around the events with the Yuu Kaitou episodes...but of course, if you haven't seen those, I don't give much away. It'd just make more sense to you if you have seen those....Okay, read on!!
~~~

Kurama stirred slowly into consciousness as he heard some giggling and soft talking next to him. He tried to ignore it, but his senses, along with Yoko, told him to wake up and see what it was. He opened his eyes and looked up to the ceiling since he was on his back. The moon gave him a good amount of light and it allowed him to see much easier around the room. Now that he was awake, he could hear the voice much more clearly.


"I can't believe it!" The voice said in a mild whisper. There was a pause then a small giggle. "I still don't believe that! That's like telling me someone got hit by a car and was brought back!" Then they paused and added more to themselves, "Well, that is possible,"


*Is she insane and talks to herself at night? Then shouldn't she be sharing a room with the orange haired buffoon?*


Kurama almost immediately recognized the voice as Kena's. He ignored all of Yoko's comments as he turned a bit to his side only to see Kena with herself facing the ceiling, her cell phone at her ear. Kena's eyes soon scrolled over to meet his and her eyes widened just a bit.


"Wait a second," She said into the phone and removed it from her ear and pressing it against her chest so she could talk to her Roommate. "I'm sorry. Did I wake you up?" Kena asked as she bit her bottom lip. She didn't really mean to wake him up, but she had to call...

Kurama blinked at her then slowly nodded but smiled. "It's okay. Who are you talking to at this time?" Kurama asked curiously as he raised an eyebrow. He glanced over to the clock and saw that it was 1:43 AM.


"Oh." Kena smiled just a bit back. "Well, after a while, I noticed that you were asleep and I couldn't get to sleep. I didn't want to wake you up to talk because I thought you'd get mad, so instead I called my mom to check up. After a short chat she gave me Kanna's number." A toothy, very bright grin then crossed Kena's face. "And I'm talking to her right now!! I'm talking to Kanna!!" She said, obviously very excited.


Kurama couldn't help but smile at her again. "I'm happy you could keep in contact with your friends." He relaxed a little more now and watched as Kena pulled the phone back up to her ear, but mostly kept her eyes locked with Kurama.


"I'm here," She stated back. "Oh, that was my roommate..." Kena paused again and blinked. "Yes, I have a roommate, Kanna." Kena waited again and smiled at Kurama as Kanna talked. Kurama could barely hear Kanna's voice but couldn't get specific words. Kena squirmed a bit. "So what if it's a guy?" Pause. "I don't know, Kanna." Another pause then Kena gasped. "I don't know!" She then said as a blush formed on her face. She paused yet again then blushed even darker. "NO! Gosh! Hentai, Kanna!"


Kurama blinked. He didn't really understand what was being asked at the moment, but apparently, Kena didn't enjoy it too much. He raised an eyebrow at his roommates antics but smiled when he caught her eyes. Kena just blushed and looked away.


"Can we change the subject now...He's listening." Kena said into the phone.


"Are you talking about me?" Kurama then asked with a curious glint shining in those emerald eyes of his that Kena just seemed to keep getting trapped in.


Said girl nibbled her bottom lib. "No...What gave you that idea?" Kena asked him with the phone still at ear. "Of course he's awake, Baka. I just told you he was listening!" She said into the phone.


Kurama sighed. Yes, they were talking about him, of course. He didn't pry, though, even though his curiousity told him to do so, he didn't. He leaned in closer to Kena though, moving onto her side of the bed. Kena noticed this and moved a bit more to her side, away from Kurama. Kurama didn't seem to notice and ventured onward, keeping his eyes locked with hers the entire time. And before he knew it, he was very close to her, his body almost pressed against hers. Except, with every move he made, she moved back more and more until...


"AHH!" Kena screamed into the phone as she fell off the bed, hitting the hard wood floor.


Kurama seemed to snap out of the trance he was in, the one that told him to get the close to her, and looked over the side of the bed. Kena was still moving and looked to be functioning correctly. "Oh, I'm sorry Kena." Kurama said calmly.


"I'M GONNA--" Kurama pushed two fingers onto her lips, silencing her.


"Shhh, others are trying to sleep now, Kena." He scolded gently but then went back over to his side of the bed as she grumbled and crawled back on her side.


"Yeah, I'm okay," She said into the phone. It was a lie yet the truth. Her right hip hurt pretty badly since that was the place that received most impact, but she knew she was going to be okay, whether a bruise formed there or not. She sighed and then out of no where hit Kurama on the arm.


He gave her a questioning look. "I'm switching sides with you tomorrow, Kurama." Kurama blinked at her because she had just used his nickname, not his human name. But then come to think of it, Kena didn't even know why he had that nickname, and it wasn't as though he was ever going to meet Kanna, either.


Kurama yawned gently and smiled at Kena. "I think I'm going to go back to sleep now," He said as he drifted off.


Kanna continued talking to Kena, but Kena was too busy watching Kurama fall asleep to process a word her best friend catching up was saying.


"Kena? Kena? HEY KEEN!!" Kena finally snapped out of it when she heard Kanna screaming her old nickname for Kena. Keen.


"Yes, Kon?" Kena asked, smirking to herself as she took up Kanna's old nickname as well.


"When do you think we are going to see each other again?" She then asked.


Kena paused and tossed that question around in her head. "I'm not sure, Kon...I mean, if we're really meant to truly be best friends forever, then fate will somehow bring us back to that way. Destiny will somehow lead us back and we'll see each other again, just like old times..." Kena said as her thoughts drifted over to that Silver Kitsune. It was almost sad how she couldn't get him out of her mind, and now was almost the same with Kurama.


"Maybe...someday...We'll see each other again." Kena then said quietly as she stared at Kurama.

..::Next Morning::.

"MORNING!" Yusuke cried as he entered the kitchen. Kuwabara, who was still half asleep, glared back at him.


"Quiet down, Urameshi!" He yelled.


"Make me!!" Yusuke said back.


"Is that a Challenge??" Kuwabara asked as he jumped out of his seat.


"ENOUGH!" Genkai yelled, getting annoyed by their constant bickering. "NOW SIT DOWN AND EAT!!" She screamed.


Kurama looked at Genkai and smiled gently. "Good Morning, Genkai."


"Good Morning, Kurama." Genkai looked around. "Where's Kena?"


"Oh, Yeah! How was the hot kiss last night, Kurama?!" Yusuke asked as he leaned forward on the table.

Kurama ignored him and looked over to Genkai. "I thought you would know. I woke up this morning and she wasn't there..."


"Oooh! She left you for another man, Kurama! You gonna take that?!" Kuwabara asked with wide eyes.


Kurama sighed gently as Yusuke snickered.


"Kena said that she was going to practice on her archery..." Came Yukina's calm and very soft voice that pierced though the riot and caused silence. She smiled warmly and set some pancakes and eggs on the table.


"She's training before breakfast?" Genkai asked with a raised eyebrow.


"She must not want to eat," Kurama replied as he glanced over to Yusuke and Kuwabara, who seemed to just inhale the food.


"Hmm, if only we had other devoted trainers in this temple," Genkai muttered as she sipped her tea.

..::With Kena::..

"Ah! It feels so good out here!" Kena stretched her arms and smiled. The view was fantastic. She was in the middle of the forest, in a huge clearing and the air was feeled with early morning moisture and the sun shined a light gold on everything around. It was warm out so she had on some short shorts and a short sleeved shirt. Other than that her hair was down and she had her bow and a quiver filled with arrows on her back.


She looked at the target that was a good 200 yards away and smiled. She quickly placed the bow in her left hand and grabbed and arrow. After knocking it into place she slowly pulled back and took aim. She was positive not to put any spirit energy into the arrow, because more or likely, it would be fire. And fire would burn a tree. And a tree would burn another tree and burn a forest. Namely, Genkai's Forest.


Kena shook her head and instead she concentrated on the target. She pulled back just a bit more and tried to regain her aim. Once her aim was locked, she released the arrow, causing it to spring forward, and in the blink of an eye it flew across the clearing. Kena smiled when she heard a small, 'Thump,' Meaning it had been imbedded into the target.

Kena paused now though, because she could have sworn she felt someone else in the clearing. But, it seemed to also be blocked off, as well. But she knew she felt something.


"Bulls-eye. Impressive...For a Baka Onna, that is. None the less Human." Kena snapped her head back and up into a tree, only to see the short-Goth-Jaganshi, also known as Hiei. 'Wow, that's much more than he's said to me before...' She thought as she stared.


"Uh...Thanks...I guess." She said. She always hated it when people mixed compliments in with insults. Thus, you didn't know either to yell at them or thank them. She had noticed how irritating that got, considering the whole, 'Silver Kitsune Mission thing'.


"What are you doing here, Hiei?" Kena coaxed her head to the side as she watched him. He was perfectly balanced on one of the highest branches of a pine tree.


"Hn." Was his reply.


"Ah. I see..." Kena nibbled her bottom lip. He wasn't about to communicate any further, so she turned back around to her target. "If you don't mind I'm just gonna continue..." She muttered as she drew another arrow. After hitting the target she drew another arrow, then another, then another. This went on for a long while until she was completely out of arrows to shoot.


The rest of the day was really uneventful. As well as the next couple of days...

..::A Couple of Days Later With Kena::..

Kena was at Genkai's. Kurama was at School, Yusuke and Kuwabara were somewhere out in the arcade. Hiei was wandering about the city. Genkai was even gone! And Kena was left alone at the huge, very quiet temple with nothing to do. She had just replaced Kurama's computer and she smiled at her well done work. It was running properly. 'This better not brake..' She thought as she watched it as though it was going to explode in front of her. And that's when she got a call from Koenma.


"Kena!! Please report to my office immediately!!" He screamed into the communicator. Kena twitched a bit at first but then nodded sternly, knowing that this had to be a serious mission.

..::In Koenma's Office::.. (A/N: Sorry, the scene changes are starting to annoy me too...but please, bare with me!)

"Yes Koenma?" Kena asked as she entered his office, not some ten minutes later. She looked around only to find that she was the only one there.


"Yusuke's been kidnaped!!" George screamed as he frantically ran up to you.


"What? Yusuke? Kidnaped? But...don't you think Yusuke would be the kidnap-er...?" The purple eyed girl asked as she stared at the blue ogre, then over to the baby prince.


"This is serious, Kena!" Koenma then said, nibbling hard on his pacifier and looking kinda frantic himself.


Kena paused as she stared at him. "But, I am being serious." She crossed her arms. "So, what? Now I have to go 'save' him?" She used her fingers as quotation marks.


"No, the team is already on that. Instead, you must go and get rid of some very annoying demons around town--" Koenma was cut off by Kena.


"Why am I not helping them?! They ARE my TEAM after all, Koenma."


"Yes, I know that Kena, but I'm pretty sure they can handle it themselves..." He stated.


Kena glared at him. "Is there some kind of ransom or something?" She crossed her arms over her chest again.


"Well, yes...Right now the detectives are entering the house, and they are not aloud to say the word 'hot'." He pressed a button and they appeared on screen, all except for Yusuke. Hiei was seemed to be frozen solid. But then at the same time he looked like a stone statue. 'I'm guessing he used that word...?' Kena thought as she stared. She then let her eyes wander to the other people there. They seemed to be okay. There was Kuwabara...then Kurama...then...BOTAN?!?!


"What the hell is Botan doing there?! The GRIM REAPER--A FERRY GIRL can go but their own TEAM MEMBER CAN'T?!?! Am I like, the team member of the shadows?! Do I just lurk around and no one knows about me or something!?!? Am I just the BACK UP PLAN?!?!" Kena screamed. She was completely pissed with this. She had been part of their team for a while now, and yet she hadn't even been on one mission with the Rekai Tantei.


"They are already at the house, Kena! Plus, the other demons come first!! So go and finish the mission I gave you!!" Koenma screamed, his eyes glancing back to the screen then back to Kena in between his words.


Kena gave him a very visible glare, then she turned on her heel and teleported out of the office, along with Spirit World. When she opened her eyes she found herself in a park, it seemed to be rather quiet, but there was also a couple of stray demon aura's in the air. Kena followed her senses and developed a bow in her left hand as she paced herself. She spread her Aura on purpose, just to give them a warning that she was there, also to see if there were any more demons, particularly stronger ones.


Kena twisted and turned along with the concrete path beneath her feet and soon came upon several demons. Most of which only maybe D or C class. Kena tried to hold back a sweat-drop as she stared at them. “I’d much rather not put up a fight with you guys, so I’m going to ask that you calmly come with me to the Rekai so we can get you back to Makai.” Kena’s voice was now serious.


One of them laughed. He was a red color and had yellow eyes that picked up with amusement. “You,” He jerked a long claw at her, “Are telling us,” He jabbed the same claw over to himself and four of his friends. “What to do?”


Kena raised a brown brow at that. ‘Putting up a fight?’ She thought but just smirked lightly at him. “Yes, I am. And I could get you there with or without violence as well, so if you want me to kick your sorry asses then don’t complain about it later, because I was going to let you off the hook.” Kena spun her bow around, engulfing it with more fire.


The other demons stared but the Leader scoffed. “Please,” He started, but before he could finish, Kena picked her bow up and quickly swung it down right on the nape of his neck with enough force to knock him out.


Kena blinked where she stood then smiled gently. ‘I didn’t think it would knock him out...’ She thought as her purple orbs danced with amusement and fire and allowed them to land on the other demons. “So, anyone else going to fight?” No one moved. “No?” They shook their heads and stared at their leader. He was the strongest one out of all of them. Kena sighed gently and looked down at the demon below her. She bent down and pulled him up, wrapping his arm around her shoulder. “Then come on,” She then teleported them all back to the Rekai.


‘I hope the guys fight was as easy as that...’

~~~
AnimeFox1940: Okay! Sorry for the super long wait. >-< Lots of things came up. But, choir is out of the way for a while...a month, I believe.

BlackCat116: Maybe you should tell the viewers about the new story?

Anime Fox1940: *Sigh* Okay. ^-^ Well, I can’t post it on here, for it is a c.y.o.a...But, I do have it on another site. I mean, I THINK I’ll have it on another site. I haven’t really thought about it. I just know that it’ll be a Kuroune/You...Emly wanted me to write it.

BlackCat116: ^-^ Yep!! So, AnimeFox will get with writing this next chapter first...hopefully she’ll get most or all of it finished today.

AnimeFox1940: Hopefully. ^-^ Thank for reading!! Ja Ne!!