Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The New Kid ❯ The First Day Of School Is Always A Pain ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 3 I DON'T OWN YYH OR HP
The First Day Of School Is Always A Pain
 
 
Previously: “Kurama, dear, what are you doing out here at this late hour? Go back to bed. There is only an hour before we all have to get up and leave, and I want you to sleep every minute of it,” she said. She led him inside to his room, he, once again, laid face up on his bed wondering of the future and what tomorrow would bring…
 
Now: The next morning was in fast motion. One minute Kurama finally fell asleep, and the next Herminie was shaking him yelling,
“Come on Kurama! Get up!” After she had left Kurama got up and dressed, he put on a white t-shirt and jeans (don't own) and his fox pendant he had got that night, then headed down stairs.
“Where is Ron?” asked Mrs. Weasly nervously as she ran around the Inn looking for her car keys. “Harry, could you go find him, we're going to be late.”
“Yeah,” said Harry putting down his piece of toast and heading up the red-carpeted stairs. Kurama saw that his luggage had already been taken down and loaded into the car, except his pet, which was a beautiful bird. It had ink-black feathers with crimson tips that matched its dazzling eyes. It was about 10 inches tall and had long silky wings, the perfect messenger bird. Harry jumped down the stairs holding the keys, with Ron sleepily walking behind him.
“I found the keys under the room doormat.” Harry said.
“Good dear, now, everybody inside of the car, Kurama, I'm sure you need a ride to school right?”
“Yes Ma'am, thank you,” he replied. They all squeezed into the car, Mrs. Weasly in the drivers seat, Herminie in the front, and the boys in the back. Kurama was amazed when the car turned itself and its contents invisible and then lifted off the ground.
 
A while later
 
The car pulled in a large muggle parking lot. They all stepped out with their trucks and caged animals. They entered the train station and walked over to a large white pillar. Jinni took a step back and ran straight at the wall, and ran right through it. Of course, Kurama wasn't as surprised as Harry was the first time he saw a person running through the pillar because he had witnessed such things before. He ran at the wall and, like the others, ran through it, Mrs. Weasly coming shortly behind him. His sharp ears were filled with yells of children and animals, as well as one girl crying saying she didn't want to go. He, Herminie, Harry, and Ron boarded the train. They selected a room on near the middle, right side. They took their seats. On one side, Harry and Ron, and on the other, Herminie and Kurama. The seats were rough and made of brown leather. Kurama stared out the clear window at the foggy morning as the clock stroked 11:00 and the train took off. Once the train was going for a while, Kurama heard the door slide open. He turned to see a boy, a little shorter than he, standing in the doorway. He had blonde hair that was badly slicked back compared to how Yusuke slicked his. He gave a smug smile.
“So, we have a newbe. I'm Malfoy, Drako Malfoy. Since you probably don't want to talk to these idiots I came to ask if you wanted to hang with the cool group. So you can be a stupid girl, and hang with them or have that pretty little face of yours around my group more often,” he said. Kurama raised an eyebrow.
“Girl? I am in fact male. And have no interest what-so-ever in wasting my precious time on a `boy' that is stupid, sorry, unwise; enough to not know the difference between male and female. No offence to Ron,” replied Kurama, his gentle eyes becoming cold and icy. “And if you'll excuse my speaking, I trust that nobody here wants air pollution to be the death of them so if you would be so kind as to leave, I would appreciate it.” Malfoy glared
“You'll regret those words.”
“Will I?” asked Kurama, knowing that his eyes were getting to the punk. With that Malfoy turned and left, slamming the door shut behind him. Harry and Ron burst into laughter; even Herminie couldn't keep back her giggles.
“Good one Kurama!” said Ron though his laughing. At that moment another boy entered. He was a little on the bigger side. He had short black hair and medium blue eyes.
“Hi, Neville!” said Harry.
“Hi,” the boy replied uneasily.
“Neville, this is Kurama,” said Herminie. Neville sat down next to Harry and joined the conversation. So they all started talking about random stuff to pass the time.
 
A while later…
 
The train slowed to a stop and all of the teens filed out it was dusk and the tall dark castle would give the creeps to any first year, unless you have been fighting evil demons for the sake of humanity for years upon years like Kurama had. The golden lights shone through the clear windows of the school as an unusually big willow tree swung its branches from side to side. Then all the children were loaded into small boats and were taken across a big body of water in front of the school. Kurama studied the inside of the castle. There were large stone walls with an occasional torch hanging on them. The floor looked like it was a strange type of marble. A woman in a shapeless black dress and tall witch hat greeted them at the tall wooden doors at the end of the hall. She led them inside to a large room with tables filled with other kids. The teachers explained to the first years about the hat how they would be put in their rooms and such. And they started calling names.
“Abigail Lexx?” called the woman who had asked them to call her Professor MigGonigal. A girl in the uniform of black robes walked to the front of the room and sat in the wooden chair; the hat was placed on her head.
“Ravenclaw!” the hat yelled. There was clapping as she walked to the Ravenclaw table and sat down.
“Youko Kurama?” called MigGonigal. Kurama walked and sat down in the chair. When the hat was put on his head it smirked.
“Oh, so you are Kurama, well, Griffindor!” it yelled. There was more clapping as Kurama regained his seat by Ron, Harry, Herminie, and Neville.
“Lauren Olipgate?”
“Slitheren!”
“Collin Lepond?”
“Griffindor!” The names continued to be called out and the night dragged on.
 
A while later, after dinner, Kurama made his way with all the other students to the common room. It was only an hour or so when everybody was in bed except Kurama, who was staring out the small window at the bright moon.
It looks like it should be full tomorrow. He thought. With that he crept out into the dark halls outside the common room. He walked down the long stone hall; the dark corners seemed to whisper to him as he turned them. Although the never really could hear what the distant voices were saying. He did, however, hear footsteps behind him. Professor Snape put a large hand on his shoulder and said,
“Now, Kurama, even demon lowlifes need their sleep.”
Kurama slipped from his grasp.
“Dumboldore asked me to patrol if I thought anything might be happing that could endanger any of the students, and you professor, are really starting to let my patients slip. So if you are wise, you will get your own rest while I stay awake. It's like you said, `Even demon lowlifes need their sleep', fortunately, that doesn't apply to me,” said Kurama coolly. Snape growled,
“You better watch behind that filthy inhuman back of yours scum, and if you mistreat another of my students again, I will make your classes with me hell.”
“Is that a threat professor? Don't forget what I'm out here for,” Kurama replied feeling satisfied with his answer that angered the teacher. Snape glared and turned leaving Kurama in the cold dark hall, alone. Herminie, standing behind the corner was shocked.
What did Snape mean by `demon'? She asked herself before quietly walking back to the common room.
 
Angel Of Forgotten Souls: So, did ya like it? Yes? No? Maybe so? Well, you can tell me in a review. Thanks for reading!