Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Past Is The Past ❯ Battle Endings ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 11: Battle Endings

Hiei instantly charged at Mistuko along with Kurama and Yusuke. The bombs were set off, now was the time to kill the woman and quickly find Kagome. Hiei swung his kantana but was deflected by her shield that has been secretly put on during the distraction. Kurama next tried a seed, trying to weaken the shield, followed by Yusuke's spirit gun blasts. Finally it cracked under Hiei's stubborn antics. Yusuke gave a large spirit gun and Kurama's seed gave beautiful decoration to the now dead girl. Kuwabara starred amazed. He seemed like he wasn't need, he stayed from afar with Miroku, looking for Kagome.

Miroku looked behind him to hear coughing, but not of only one voice, but of two. Miroku felt relief wash over him, but was soon covered in panic. Looking at now dust clear area he located Sango and Kagome. Sango hovered over Kagome as she tried to wake her up.

"Kagome… Please wake up."

Nothing happened. Kagome's body lay motionless except for a small intake of breath very now and then.

"Please." Sango sobbed. Miroku gave he shoulder a tight squeeze as Kuwabara gave a comforting smile holding Shippo.

Yusuke looked around and instantly felt guilt and anger. He'd let her down. He'd promise deep down to protect her and there she lay barely breathing and on the brink of death. Scurrying over with Kurama and Hiei they looked at Kagome's wounds. Thankfully Sango spared Kagome her dignity and covered her before any could see much.

"Fox. Heal her."

"I am. I am Hiei." Kurama placed herbs and focused his demonic healing powers on her wounds. Slowly they seemed to heal, the larger wounds, though, still lay bleeding and would have to be wrapped. Taking gauze Kurama and Sango wrapped her up while the other fixed up the demolished campsite.

"Kurama? Will she… be alright?" Sango whispered.

"Yes. Thankfully she will be." He replied, displaying a cheerful smile. Sango only smiled back with her hopes held a little higher.

Later that night…

Yusuke sat near Kagome as she rested in her sleeping bag by a tree. He rested his head against the bark and stole glances at her now and then. Reaching his arms up be hind his head he placed them there and gave a deep sigh.

"If I'd only been there." He whispered. Taking his arms down he brushed away the strands of hair on her face and stroked her cheek.

"Even now, that I know you are to live, I still feel as if it is my fault." He stopped in mid stroke. "Kagome…"

Suddenly he noticed a stir and watched as her eyes miraculously opened and her eyes begin to wander at her surroundings, silently they stopped on him and she broke into a smile.

"You know… even in an unconscious state I could magically hear you." She said softly. Yusuke just smirked. "Its real sweet."

"Kagome, I'm just glad you're alright. I mean, I thought that bitch really got you." His eyes shaded. "I failed you."

Kagome shakily raised a hand up with a minor wince, to his cheek.

"Don't ever say you failed me. You have never failed me." She replied. Sliding her cheek to the back of his head he slowly brought him into a gentle kiss. Breaking the kiss she was suddenly greeted with a squeal.

"KAGOME!" From the corner of her eye she watched as Sango dashed from her sleeping area and perch herself right next to Kagome. Kagome just smiled as Sango's eyes began to water.

"I thought you'd died!" she began to sob, though through her tears she held a smile.

"Sango…" Kagome said softly.

"I was going to then really have to be alone!" She sobbed more; ignoring the fact that kagome was trying to speak in between sobs.

"Uh… Sango."

"I can't believe that bitch would do that though!"

Yusuke just sweat dropped at Sango's behavior. She didn't seem like the type of person to be all… what was the word, dramatic, let alone a chatterbox. Then again, he thought, he shouldn't be talking. Ever since he met Kagome he was always different around her, he seemed softer, gentle, even if his perverted side decided to slip up. Yusuke just mentally guessed at the fact that maybe it was because of the whole Keiko scenario. She's crushed him and he fell apart, no one was there but Kagome and she'd healed him as he healed he and he didn't want to lose her.

Finally after about a good ten minuets of listening to Sango and Kagome, try and talk he interjected, "Sango… I think kagome needs her rest."

Sango gave a perplexed look.

"What? She can kiss you and talk a bit, but we can't talk much?" Yusuke turned a bright red and Kagome turned as red as a glass of red kool-aid.

Another squeal of Kagome was heard and it she was now seeing a very happy Shippo on top of Yusuke's head. Yusuke's eyebrow twitched in annoyance. Kagome smiled at him.

"Shippo!" she softly squealed. Shippo's tail moved at a happy trance and he cuddled next to Kagome.

"I missed you." He whispered, yawning he instantly fell asleep.

"Kagome? Its almost midnight, I'm going to get some shut eye." Yusuke whispered in her ear.

"Night Yusuke, Night Sango."

Sango nodded and moved her sleeping area over, away from the pervert who's cursed hand decided to wander.

Kagome smiled to herself, "Good night." She whispered, seeing as another pair of crimson eyes where on her.

`Good night Kagome.' Hiei sent telepathically.

Hiei didn't know how the girl could feel him. She was defiantly different and unique. `She's even quicker to know then the fox' Hiei said to himself. Hiei didn't know why but he felt a bit protective of her, was this what they call a crush? No. Hiei smirked as Sango whacked the monk who surprisingly found away in his sleep towards Sango's butt. He found Kagome as close as family, either that or a very good friend. To him it was a good feeling, even if he had Yukina and Kurama as real good friends and Yusuke and Kuwabara too, he was glad to have another, she hadn't judged him.

A/N (folks he just likes her as family. May not seem like it during beg. Chaps but hey he does? Okay? Okay! Goodie!)