Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ The makings of a new journey!! ❯ The beginning of it all!! ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Well, here is my second story.  My first attempt was not that good. I own pokemon, this is all mine.
*Charmander walks over and uses flamethrower on me*
Ummm, what I meant to say was, Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.  There, happy.
*Charmander nods.*
It was a nice day in pallet town, the pidgeys where singing, the shy was blue, and the billowing dust cloud gleamed in the sun light.  Wait, billowing dust cloud?!
"Must not be late, must not be late, must not be late," Sarah chants as she runs across the grass, scarring the pidgey out of the way.  This was Sarahs 10th birthday, and she was on her way to Professor Oaks Laboratory to get her first pokemon. "Please let there be a charmander for me, I'll never bug my sister again, or sleep in if charmander is there waiting for me."  And as you can see, she is determined to get a charmander.
-In Professor Oaks Laboratory-
 Professor Oak was having a normal morning.  He had just finished breakfast, and couldn't wait to start his daily routines.  He did fell that he was forgetting something.  Oh well, he though, must not be important.  That's when the front door flew open, and a young brown haired girl ran into him.  She then helped him up, and started apologizing at 100 miles per hour.
 -Back to Sarah-
Oh my God, I had just run over this old guy.  Guess I should help him up, before I go see Professor Oak.  "So sorry, didn't mean to, I am on my way to pick up a pokemon from Professor Oak, I hope that I am not late, cause I've been waiting all day for this."
Hearing all this, Professor Oak remembered, "Oh, you must be Sarah.  Don't worry; you are the first one here.  The pokemon for new trainers are in another room, follow me.
Realizing that the old guy was actually Professor Oak, I embarrassedly followed him into the next room.  Great, I ran the guy over in my stampede to get here, now how am I going to get a charmander.  I would be lucky to get a magikarp out of him now.  The room was filled with all kinds of machines, and in the center of the room was a table.  On the table sat three pokeballs.  One had a picture of a raindrop on it, one had a picture of a leaf on it, and the last one had a picture of a leaf on it.
"As a new trainer from Pallet town, you get to chose from squirtle," he picked up the pokeball with the picture of the raindrop on it and released the tiny turtle pokemon, "bulbasaur," he then released the plant pokemon from the pokeball with the picture of the leaf on it, "and of course there is charmander" however, instead of releasing the charmander, he showed me the pokeball with the picture of the flame on it.
Finding it weird, I asked the Professor, "Why didn't you release charmander?"  Now, I've seen plenty of charmander before.  But it would be nice to see my first pokemon.
"Well," the professor began, "we've been having problems with this charmander."
"But charmander is the pokemon I want," I replied.
He then released the charmander from its pokeball.  Now, most charmanders are red, but this one was gold.  However, this is not what got me.  All charmanders I ever saw had a great big grin on their faces, this one, however, looked furious.  It then proceeded to set me on fire.
"That's its flamethrower," the professor explained, as he put me out.  "We've been having trouble with that charmander.  It just turned gold one day.  Sure plenty of people wanted the charmander, but no one made it to the first town, they would return it for another started, and I don't blame them.  I am trying to figure out what's wrong, but let me tell you, it hasn't been easy.  Now, do you want bulbasaur or squirtle?"  He asked, as he went to put charmander back in its pokeball.
"I still want charmander," I replied, as I picked up the charmander, before it was sucked into the pokeball.  "It has been my dream to raise a charmander for a long time, and now is my chance.  If Ash can work with pikachu, then I should be able to work with charmander."
The professor looked like he was about the object, but then he just nodded his head.  "I see that you are determined to have this charmander no matter what.  Fine.  Here are your five pokeballs and a pokedex" he hands me said items.  "Just remember, pokemon are your friends, and should be treated as such.  You might be able to get through to charmander, where I couldn't.  And in case in are wondering, that is a bite attack charmander has on your arm."
Noticing that the speech was over, I felt the pain of charmanders bite.  I took charmanders pokeball, and returned charmander.  "Thanks Prof. Oak, now I am off," I shouted back as I raced out the door.
"I just hope she knows what she is doing," Professor Oak stated as he returned the remaining two pokemon into their pokeballs to await the arrival of their new trainers.  "I give her a week."
That went great.  This is based off what I think would happen if I started a journey from Pallet town.  I would pick charmander, no matter what.  I mention Ash a little, but am not sure if I will actually meet him.  I do plan on going through all the regions, like Ash.