Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ tess's pokemon adventure ❯ chapter 1: saying goodbye ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
There are some days that are normal, and some that feel strange. For eleven year old Tess Ketchum, it wasin't even close to being a normal day. Today she would leave for her journey to become one of the greatest coordinators in the kanto region. Aside from all of her excitment, she had waited untill the day she would leave to pack her belongings. "why can't I get all my clothes to fit in this stupid little bag?" She said. Tess sat down on her bed. She had taers start to form in her eyes. She quickly wiped them away. She remembered what she was told by her grandma a few years back before she passed away. ''When you go on your journey, all you need is pokemon. You can be the best trainer, coordionator, or breeder just by having you and your pokemon.'' As soon as this came into her mind, Tess dumped out all her stuff from her backpack and easily rested it on her shoulders. "Mom, i'm leaving now.'' Yelled Tess. Tess's mother came running to her. At first, mom said nothing. Then said, "so, have you decided between being a trainer or a coordionator?'' '' I'v made up my mind. I'm going to be A coordinator.'' ''That's great! Did I ever tell you my mom was a coordionator?" "Yea, I remembered her telling me about her traveling different regions as a trainer. She told me about the grand festival.'' ''Really? I never knew my mom told you about anything like that.'' ''You know, she told me the same things when I was A child. I decided that training just wasin't for me. I went to college to become a pokemon professor.'' This suddenly made tess feel guilty. As if her mother was sad that she didin't want to follow in her footsteps. Tess's mom looked up. '' I'm proud of you. You decided to do what you want to and that's why your here.'' She kissed Tess and said her final goodbye. Tess darted out the door on the road to the professor's lab. The backpack almost swung off her arms since it was so lite. ''Oh my god!'' Tess sceamed out of fear. She stared blankly at the site of the lab, not sure what she was supposed to think at first. Yellow and black security tape surrounded the lab on a rectangular fence of road blockers. Police cars where parked around the perimeter of the building. I quickly ran up to one of the officers pushing the curious townspeople out of my way. '' What happened here?'' ''A team of criminals are in there. They claim they will harm the pokemon if we don't cooperate. ''But i'm supposed to get my first pokemon today. Now what am I supposed to do?'' ''sorry kid your on your own.'' He said as if it didin't bother him at all. I was about to walk away, untill i saw something poke out the window.