6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 7teen: Back to Back together ❯ Basic Beginning ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's notes:
 
For those of you who may not know… some of what happens down there came from Season 3, and some of you may not have seen ALL the episodes yet.
 
 
CHAPTER THREE
 
Wyatt first had to explain to Amelie and I what started the whole thing between him and Serena…
 
It began when Wyatt got his first summer job at the mall. He didn't get to work a “Grind-Me” as he originally had intended, and instead got stuck in the Country section of “Spin-This”
 
Serena was the manager, and yet Wyatt somehow always thought she was different from other girls. Only she was a year and a half older than he was and he thought she was out of his league…
 
They did however go out for coffee a few times, and then there was the Mighty-Weasels concert, Serena even said “See ya at the concert baby.” That gave Wyatt a few signs of hope… but none ever more convincing than their Valentines-date.
 
Serena still had that CD of songs Wyatt burned for her, and Wyatt still had that cute little stuffed dog she gave him. That was when Wyatt decided to take things up a level and ask Serena for a relationship.
 
At first, Serena wasn't sure Wyatt was good enough for her, “I need a more mature guy, who's there to understand my needs”
 
 
“Gee… that sounds a little shallow.” I said, “Not even giving him a chance…”
 
Serena wasn't so sure, “What about you?” she asked, “I heard you didn't want to go on a date, and that you brushed all girls away.”
 
She had me there, but only to a point. “I didn't date girls, because I was afraid of dating. I didn't know what to do, or how to do things.”
 
I also explained that was crushing too much on Amelie, but I too thought she wouldn't like me, so I never had the courage to confront her…
 
As for Wyatt and Serena… They told us that after a little convincing he was mature, and a little help from Jonesy's crazy ideas, Serena gave Wyatt a chance. During their very first official date, Wyatt made a poor attempt to act all mature, and like grown-up things he hoped would impress Serena, “Wyatt, I want to like you for you are…”
 
So it seemed to work out…
 
Wyatt and Serena remained a couple for about two and a half months, but then… things began to get bad. Really bad…!
 
Serena wanted to tell Wyatt that she was getting back together with Chad, but she couldn't do it to his face so she… did it on Text-Messaging.
 
“What…?!” I nearly snapped.
 
“Mondure…!” cried Amelie.
 
Serena held her head low. “I know, I know…” she said, “That was harsh?”
 
“Harsh…?” I said, “Forgive me for sounding rude, but… that was more like cold-blooded murder.”
 
“I agree…” Amelie said, “Even I would never break-up with and of zee boys I dated before like zat.”
 
Wyatt actually took the break-up way worse.
 
He became incredibly depressed, and insanely paranoid. His anger caused him to lash out at Serena, and horribly embarrass her in front of customers. “I'm sorry Wyatt… I have to let you go.”
 
“What… I can't hear you!”
 
“I said… YOU'RE FIRED!”
 
That made Wyatt's problems only worse. He became angrier, sadder and more paranoid than ever. He even stopped going to places that Serena went to, or any of her friends went.
 
He even accused Charmaine of getting back at his fore yelling at Serena, by giving him less foam in his coffee.
 
Even when Wyatt finally managed to straighten out, he still missed Serena and longed to have her back. That's when Serena found out about the shrine he built in his room to honor her when they were dating. In her anger, Serena took out a mall-restraining order against Wyatt…
 
…even though it was never really followed or obeyed by both of them, it was still horribly embarrassing for Wyatt.
 
Even worse… on New-Years eve… Wyatt and Serena was so close to getting back together, but then Chad called, and Serena totally stabbed a knife in Wyatt's heart.
 
Then, as the days went by, Serena kept talking to Wyatt about her and Chad, and that she still thought about Wyatt at times too.
 
 
Serena and Wyatt stopped for a moment when they saw Amelie and I were gawking at them with petrified looks n our faces. We both look as though we had seen ghosts. We managed to come out of it, but man… we never heard anything so cold and wicked in our lives.
 
Amelie almost even had the nerve to call Serena a Nazi, but just kept it to herself as the story had barely begun, and there was more.
 
 
As time went by, Wyatt fell in love Marlowe, a girl in his band who played base-guitar. She thought Wyatt was cute, she wasn't anything like Serena, and she and Wyatt almost seemed like a perfect match…
 
But they too had their differences, and troubles…
 
One of which was when Wyatt was couldn't stop thinking of Serena near Marlowe, and when he listens to Jonsey's harebrained schemes to impress her.
 
Serena even managed to sting both Wyatt and Marlowe… When Marlowe got a job at “Spin-this” and she bonded a little with Serena, but Serena slipped Wyatt a note telling him she had feelings for him.
 
“Sorry, but I had to be honest. You've grown up Wyatt. You're a great boyfriend.”
 
“MARLOWE'S… Great Boyfriend.”
 
 
“You finally made payback?” I said, “That must've felt sweet.”
 
Wyatt nodded, “It sure was… but my problems weren't over. Not forever.”
 
 
Marlowe and Wyatt then decided to take a break from each other as they were spending far too much time together and needed a break, but once again… it was Wyatt who got the words said to him… but at least it was face-to-face and he sort of agreed to the terms.
 
Still… he was single again, and really depressed. “Mmm… I hate break-ups!”
 
 
“Ooh… `ow awful.” Amelie said.
 
“Tell me about it…” Wyatt said. “And I guess that's where the story really takes off now…”