Air Gear Fan Fiction ❯ The King's of the Sky ❯ Bloody Past ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Air Gear. Oh!great does and I would like to know if that's his real name. This story has spoilers up to current manga and anime too. If you see italics then the person is thinking in their head.
 
Full Summary: Ikki wanted to find new members for Kogarasumaru for reserve if the team ever has an incident after the Behemoth match, which led Akito/Agito and him in the hospital. Finding members is hard but Onigiri convince Ikki these members must join for the benefit of the team's future. Can Ikki convince these Storm Riders to help him climb to the top or will they clip his wings permanently?
 
This is an OC or Mary-sue story whatever people call it out there. If you don't like them, then this story is not for you. Reading the summary before you click this story should have told you that part. If you like to read stories like these then proceed. Please do not review if you don't like them. You have been warned.
------
 
Chapter 1- Sky Seekers
 
A whistle echoed throughout the dark night of Tokyo. The melody of the whistle was created in a pattern as if calling troops into battle, ready to engage in a bloody war. However, in this case, instead of troops they were called monsters of the sky. To hunt and dispose of anybody who will bind them to the ground. The sky was theirs and these monster's ultimate goal was to reach for the Trophaeum tower, where someone will be given the name Sky King.
 
Indigo hair floated in the constant shifting wind of the night, while the seventeen-year-old boy enjoyed the breeze around him. Dark onyx eyes looked into the distance, hearing the noises of ATs (Air Trecks) claiming the downtown city of Tokyo's highest buildings. Small lights from stores and company buildings twinkled in the distance, as if a guiding path towards the action where the Storm Riders were.
 
Two teenage seniors landed behind their leader on ATs. Both boys wore distinctively unique clothing that matched the style of their ATs. However, they both wore the same white oval-shaped mask that concealed their identity. Their masks had black outlinings of small, feathered wings printed on each side of their masks, symbolizing birds in the sky. All of the team members wore these masks as the team's uniform; however, the color of the wing outline was customizable to their liking.
 
The two boys bent down on one knee in respect to the man that would take them to the top. Their leader's impassive eyes shifted towards them, as if already knowing what they were about to say. His eyes looked back to the city watching the moving shadows in the distance.
 
Inside of his jacket pocket, he pulled out his white mask. His mask had light blue outlining wings that resembled the marble blue sky.
 
“We have them cornered in the east district. Team five and six will close in on their position.” One of boys told him.
 
“Then we should go. It's time to clip the wings of a monster.” The leader said calmly as he positioned his mask on his face.
 
“Tetsuya,” One of the teen calls out, grabbing his leader's attention. “Is it true… is it true that whoever team she's on, the leader will become Sky King? If it is true, we should give her no option but to join our team. Clipping her wings will be pointless. She could benefit the Sky Seekers in the long run.”
 
Tetsuya thought about the theory for a moment, then turned and faced the two teenagers, who were apart of his eight generals in the Sky Seekers. “Her wings must be clipped in order for the Sky King to exist. Be fortunate that you have not witnessed what I have. Like I said before, it's time to clip the wings of a monster.”
 
Leaning forward, the motorized wheels on his ATs started to spin rapidly which burned the top building pavement he was standing on with screech marks. With one high jump, the leader of the Sky Seekers flew into the night sky, accompanied by his two generals, heading towards their prey.
 
--------
 
Jumping from one building to the next at high speed, two young girls were racing through the town of Tokyo being chased by eight Storm Riders.
 
One girl, fifteen years old, had grey eyes, long pink hair, which was waist length and had a tendency to split down the middle when flowing in the wind. She wore a provocative, short, white and green dress, which resembled a girl's sailor school uniform. Attached to her feet was long green stylish boots combined into her ATs. On her head was a forest green triangle shape police cap with complementary flight goggles around it. The hat was rather large on her, but it added the sexiness to the outfit to make boys go gaga over her. She was the leader and creator of AT team currently ranked C-Class Genesis.
 
The other girl who was in front, thirteen years old, had brown eyes and short black shoulder length hair that was flowing through the sky. Unlike her mini skirt friend, she wore regular blue fitted denim jeans, loose enough for her AT tricks. She had on a white shirt with faded image of small wings near her chest and a black jacket which was ripped to give it a rock and roll look. The jacket had five different emblems snitched on both sides of the sleeves, signifying matches she won in AT battles. She wore black leather gloves on both hands and black goggles that were around her waist, titled to the side. Her ATs was customized, having white and black base coloring just like the yin and yang symbol. The wheels on her ATs were different color as well. The front wheel was black and the back wheel was white as each of them had written words on them. The front wheel said “Those in Darkness” as the second wheel said “Will see the Light”.
 
“Simca hurry up! They're catching up to us!” The girl yelled to her friend behind her but had a surprised look on her face. `Their numbers are increasing.'
 
Breathing heavily Simca looked behind her seeing the numbers of the Sky Seekers grow which made her have an unpleasant feeling in her stomach. Something was about to happen if this kept on going.
 
“Miza how far until we reach Genesis territory?” Simca called out frantically to Miza.
 
Miza scratched her head in a calm manner as thirty seconds passed. Simca was about to open her mouth to ask again until Miza replied with, “I forget.” She gave her friend a sheepish smile.
 
Simca gave her a scowling look of `what the hell was the pause for'. “You're supposed to be a B-Class Storm Rider, and you don't know! And how come you are smiling when were about to die?” She yelled scolding her.
 
Miza laughed rubbing her head sheepishly, while sticking out her tongue. “You're the one slowing us down. I told you to tune your ATs before we left. Weren't you apart of the Tall Tales?”
 
“For the fiftieth time, it's TOUL TOOL TO!” Simca shouted out at the top of her lungs. She was becoming tired of always correcting her friend about her former team. Miza only shrugged her shoulders in reply. Her pink haired friend gave up scolding her, knowing this was always Miza's attitude in dangerous situations like these. She would think it is a game, even if the grim reaper was nipping at their feet to take their souls to the deepest pits of hell. Simca knew it the first time she meet Miza, she had a true Storm Rider's attitude, which was facing danger head on and not caring about the consequences.
 
Miza turned around to focus on her movements while jumping off of another building, flying in the sky a hundred and fifty feet off the actual ground below them. Actually, she already knew the answer to Simca's question. They were three miles from Genesis territory, to far for them to cry out for help. They were on their own, up against an A-Class team and who apparently were really good.
 
“Don't worry Simca,” She says in a serious voice. “I am the shield of Genesis.” She turned around and smiled to ease her pink hair friend worries. “I won't let them hurt you.”
 
“Shield of Genesis?” Simca gave her a confused look, having three question marks floating around her head, oddly for Miza to talk formal. She always talked childish when speaking to others, saying stupid stuff to make her seem immature. But when she talked formal, it meant she was worried about the situation.
 
Feeling a dark force behind her, the Genesis leader was paralyzed to move her body. Her mouth was dry as she couldn't scream for Miza to turn around to help her, only in her mind.
 
A Sky Seeker, with a white mask painted with red outlining of his wings, was behind Simca, pulling his arm back to punch her in the back. Of all the times to turn around, Simca looked behind her seeing a fist about to collide into her face. If he hit her in mid-air at this height, she was going to hit the pavement below, possible breaking her neck. She felt like the grim reaper was actually waiting for her on the ground to accept her into hell.
 
“Time to put you in your place!” He yelled out. He was one of the eight generals of the Sky Seekers.
 
Simca eyes widen as his fist was itches away from her face. In a half a second, a gust of wind blew from the north direction, feeling an even darker presence behind her. This wind frighten her, even more than the man who was about to punch her. It was uncommon for her to feel this way unless a King was in the area.
 
A powerful roundhouse kick hit the man on the side of his face, shattering his mask into peace like broken glass being hit with a baseball bat. Blood flies in the air from the young boy's mouth wondering what hit him. His body quickly crashed into a water tank on a building, knocking him out unconscious on impact.
 
Simca turned to her right seeing Miza as her friend quickly grabbed her waist to bring them back down to the ground. Quickly hitting the ground with enormous speed, Miza grind her ATs to slow down her acceleration. While stopping herself, she sees a shadow below her as she looked up. Another Sky Seeker, a body builder looking guy with mammoth hand that can crush a car, was about to smash her into the ground. Miza smirked feeling the adrenaline rush going through her body of these guys weren't bad with team work combination attacks. One person strike from the rear whiles the other strike from above for the counter attack.
 
“MIZA ABOVE!!” Simca yelled.
 
Breaking quickly on her ATs like anti-lock breaks on a car, Miza jump backwards steal holding onto Simca. A powerful gust of wind, like a tornado, spiral down and hit the ground. The share force broke the pavement in a ten meter radius causing it to crack towards Miza like an earthquake. Quickly catching on, she jumped back three times to stay clear from this Sky Seeker's powerful attack.
 
Miza put down Simca to stand on her own two feet, but was on alert as they were now surrounded by Sky Seekers. Each second that past, ten, twenty, forty and now fifty Storm Riders circled around them. They were surrounded like a mouse in a snake's plastic tank, nowhere to run. The only salvation would be the acid pit of the snake's stomach.
 
“Shit.” Miza assessed the situation. There were screwed, they were so screwed it was beyond being screwed. She couldn't get out of this which made her think the Sky Seekers planned this from the beginning.
 
“Miza!” Simca looked around as her heart was pounding so loud with terror, she thought it was about to jump out of her chest. They were in a terrible situation with no help for miles. How were they going to get out of this?
 
“Well, well, well. It seems we caught two mice sneaking around our territory. And what fine mice we do have.” One guy said chuckling, admiring their female figures, especially Simca's in her short dress.
 
“I told you to wear less provocative clothing.” Miza pointed her comment toward her leader.
 
Simca gave her a scowling look and mumbled under her breath. “Shut up.”
 
“Hey guys I'm feeling for the pink hair girl!” One guy laughed sounding like a joker, getting aroused.
 
The rest of the Sky Seekers started to chuckle devilishly that gave Simca the creeps, stepping backwards. Miza stepped in front of her as her shield.
 
“Touch her and I'll wish your mother never bore you when I'm done rearranging your face.” Miza threatens them forcefully.
 
“Are you trying to get us KILLED?!” Simca yelled at Miza's arrogant attitude towards men. Now she can't use her AT trick Bombshell Body Charmer Hypnosis power, by using her body movements to put them to sleep so they can get a clean get away (Simca was being sarcastic with that trick).
 
“Oooohhh, big shot she is. Trying to play with the big boys,” He responded back mocking Miza. His eyes turn serious. “You took out three of our generals and for that... I'll MAKE YOU PAY!!”
 
He powered up his ATs and charged at Miza with his fist. Miza waited for him to come. She did a quick powerful thrust kick to his stomach as a few ribs were cracked in the process. He flew backwards, landing ten meters away from Genesis girls. The others looked shock as their teammate laid their unconscious.
 
“One down…forty-nine to go.” She smiled at them of not going down without a fight.
 
“You little bitch! GET THEM!!” One guy roared giving the command to attack.
 
All the Sky Seekers rushed in like a swarm of locus, with killing intentions to take that little pint size girl down. Miza rushed at them in her war cry, facing a mighty hurricane in a wooden boat.
 
(Although Miza took out seven Sky Seekers, however the rest of the forty-two that was still on their feet quickly overpowered Simca and her in less then one minute by tackling them down like a football player.)
 
One Sky Seeker pinned Simca down, having her body facing the pavement. Her arms were behind her back as the guy put his knee in her back to render her movements. Miza had three guys pinning her down because she was a wild child and did not know when to give up.
 
“Damn it, stand still!” On guy shouted.
 
“Get the hell off me!!” Miza yelled out, trying to bit her captives arm like a wild dog.
 
“Stop resisting…,” On of the Sky Seekers say which was a woman's voice under her white mask as she had her ATs right in Simca face. “Or I'll burn her face off beyond recognition.”
 
Simca eyes widen as the Sky Seekers two wheels were spinning, smelling the burning stench from the wheels. Miza stopped her protest and calm herself down, surrendering to the woman to not hurt her leader.
 
“Good little doggy.” She told her as she chuckled thinking this girl can be tamed when someone she cares about is in the line of danger. Miza growled at her, giving her an evil eye.
 
“So, you can be obedient.” Tetsuya said, coming out behind his men. They stepped aside for their future King to pass. He looked down upon his prisoners, eyeing Miza the most.
 
“Pfft. You call all your hounds just to take us down. You are nothing more than a scared child hiding behind his mutts because he can't do the job himself.” Miza grinned at him.
 
“Speak until spoken too!” One guy yelled out pinning Miza down and punched her in the face.
 
“Miza!” Simca screamed out.
 
“Simca of the Swallow, the leader of Genesis,” Tetsuya gave her a stern look. “You once told me I wouldn't become the Sky King or I should quit while I'm ahead. You told me I wasn't worthy as if you can predict the future. I will become Sky King as Genesis will be destroyed of my power.”
 
Tetsuya lift up his left leg as Miza eyes widen. He brings it down and stomp his ATs on Simca's head like a sludge hammer hitting a nail in a wall, knocking her completely out cold. Blood spill out her mouth and nose, dripping on the pavement from that powerful kick.
 
“SIMCA!!” Miza cried out as her mind was in shock. He would do this to a girl that is defenseless, what a bastard she thought.
 
“Now for you,” Tetsuya turned his attention to the girl he actually came here for. “A monster such as you shouldn't have been born. As a monster slayers duty, I she'll do what must be done. I will strip away your dignity, destroy your regalia and clip your wings…permanently.”
 
Miza was surprised that he found out about her regalia and nobody else knew except one person in Genesis. She looked at the ground and knew she couldn't hide it anymore. She would be forced to do something that she went against doing. `Simca please forgive me.'
 
------
 
Feeling groggy, head spinning like she had been drinking Shochu, Simca touched her head where Tetsuya hit her with his ATs. Blood trickled down her mouth, spilling onto the pavement, still lying face down. It took her awhile to come around but she smelt something burning. Though her vision was still blurry, she lifted herself up slowly.
 
It was quiet around her; too quiet until she heard loud annoying black crows, causing a ruckus about something. She suddenly got a nauseating feeling in her stomach about to throw up of the stench in the air. It smelt like dried blood.
 
There was one loud voice she couldn't hear anymore, the loud voice of her best friend. MIZA!!
 
Simca vision collected together again as she can see clearly. However, she was in shock of what she was seeing. It was horrible and terrifying at the same time as everybody in the Sky Seekers were beaten to death as their blood painted the surrounding area red. Their bodies were thrown everywhere, feet dangling out of windows, trash cans, railings, and thrown through abandoned car windows.
 
“Who could have done this?” Simca whispered to herself, keeping her voice low because that person could still be in the vicinity. She looked up seeing white feathers fall from the sky around the Sky Seekers as if somebody clipped their wings, never to fly in the sky. A whole A-Class team was taken out on their own territory. She thought it was Genesis for a minute but they wouldn't leave her behind. However, she wanted to know where Miza was. Did they hurt her? Did she get help? Did she…A noise was heard in the background as a large raven landed on a trash can. The bird stared at the Genesis leader with his black cold eyes that sent chills down Simca body.
 
A noise was heard from the north direction as somebody was standing up near the blazing fire that colored the sky orange and red. Who Simca saw…she thought it was her imagination. In cased in blood as Tetsuya body was on the ground dead or barely alive Simca couldn't tell, a person stood over the leader of the broken Sky Seekers. This person eyes gaze at the darken sky as random tears fell down their cheek sadden and in pain. Simca saw the blood all over her as her beautiful mighty white wings was stained with her enemies' blood.
 
“Miza.”
 
Her friend heard her voice. Miza looked toward her friend and smiled. “Simca.”
 
Her cheerful smile scared Simca to death as she stepped back, falling over one of the Sky Seekers unconscious body on the ground. She felt like it wasn't her that somebody possessed her body. Miza was smiling with blood all over her as if she was oblivious to see it. `Was she a monster? No…' Simca thought again thinking to herself that she was something else.
--------
 
Two years later
 
White curtains blew in the wind, bringing in a nice breeze into a room. The wind blew into her short pink hair as she loved the feel of the wind against her skin. Bound to a wheelchair from the Water King Om, A-Class AT team Sleeping Forest, her spirit of stylish clothing will never fade away. She wore a black short dress, with yellow and black triangle printed fashion tights, and wearing black shoes.
 
A bird flew in the sky covering part of the sun's rays beaming down on the former Genesis leader, before the title was given to Minami Itsuki aka Ikki, soon to be the new Sky King.
 
She looked at her crippled legs, having a sadden feeling that she can not fly in the sky until everything is over. Looking at her legs, triggered a past memory of that horrible event which happened two years ago.
 
`Why am I remembering that event?' Simca thought remembering what happened after Genesis found them. `You left but told me that you would come back when I found the Sky King. Have I tainted your wings with blood so much for you to never fly again? Although I want to see Ikki fly higher than anybody, I'm afraid that his wings will be clipped by my older brother. I wish you would come back to us… to become his shield, just like you were Genesis'.'
 
Simca heard a flapping of wings coming from her windowsill and looked up. She saw a white-tailed male eagle. The bird stared at her, twitching his head to the side as if inspecting her with a scrutinizing eye. Attached to his right leg was a tiny paper scroll, light enough to not hinder his flying ability. The scroll caught Simca's attention almost immediately. Her eyes widened knowing already whom this bird belonged. `After two years of silence from the AT world has she finally awaken again?' Simca thought.
 
“Miza.”
----------
 
First chapter kind of slow but that's the way it is. It's my first Air Gear fanfiction and I'm tired of reading short poems and such. I wanted to read stories so I thought of this one. Review if you want. Just like I said in the beginning if you do not like OC or Mary-sue stories then do not review.
 
*In addition, some things you may not know in the first chapter.*
Shochu: a popluar alcohol beverage in Japan. Typically it is 25% alcohol by volume, making it weaker than whisky, but stronger than wine and sake.