Alice 19th Fan Fiction ❯ You Didn't Save Me ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Darkness…
 
Pain…
 
Loneliness…
 
As I stand there singing, that is all I could feel. I am singing to lure my enemies to their doom. Into darkness. All except one.
 
This will be my last gift to him. It will be a gift filled with everything I am feeling: happiness, sadness, pain, loneliness, and love.
 
*~*~*
 
I met him for the first time two years ago. We went to the same school. Because he was several grades ahead of me, I rarely saw him. That time, I was giving a special concert to celebrate the end of the year. He was helping out backstage.
 
After the concert he treated me to some sweets. We ate at a high end café with the most delicious food imaginable. I can still remember how his face lit up at the first bite. It was the cutest thing I ever saw!
 
After that day, we became close friends. It was around that time he became a Lotis Master. His schedule became so busy that we rarely saw each other. However, he made sure to meet me at our café at least once a week.
 
A few months later, I was able to make a small CD. It was named Voice of Angels because people said I sounded like an angel. How ironic. In the very front was a dedication to him.
 
The night my CD came out, we shared our first kiss. It was short and innocent, just like him, but I could feel his love pouring into me. The next few months were the best of my life. We got together at every possible moment. I even got to spend a week with him at his vacation home.
 
A year later, on the anniversary of our first kiss, my accident happened. The people from a church I was visiting put shards of glass in my sandwich. It completely shredded my throat. My voice would never recover.
 
He tried to save me. He tried to use the Lotis to heal my voice. But it didn't work. He couldn't save me.
 
Then he ran from me. He wouldn't meet my gaze during school. He avoided our café.
 
I fell into a deep depression. All I knew was the pain he left me with. That's when she came to me. She told me of a language, the Maram, that could give me my voice back. She said it had given her back her youth. In desperation, I accepted her request.
 
I left everything behind. I followed her to Japan. There I helped resurrect Darva. However, I never suspected that our efforts would bring him back.
 
I was just to pose as the body of the host of Darva to meet with her family. I never suspected that he would be there. When I saw him I almost forgot my mission. I wanted to hold him so badly. But when I finally revealed myself to them, he only look on me with scorn. He wouldn't call by name. I was only “Maram Master”.
 
*~*~*
 
I haven't seen him since. But I know he will come. My voice will draw him in.
 
I know I won't live to see the end of this day. But before I fall into darkness, I will give my final gift, my final song, to him. I will show him all my love and pain at once. Because, he didn't save me.
 
Chris, you didn't save me.