Avatar The Last Airbender Fan Fiction ❯ When Ice and Lava Meet ❯ For a Parrot-Lizard ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don’t own Avatar: The Last Air-bender, the very talented team of Mike and Brain own the show and characters. The rating maybe wrong but I did try to get it right.

By: year of the snake (at fanfiction) aka. crescentmoon (at mediaminer). And now Opal-Dreams on DeviantArt.

When Ice and Lava Meet

Chapter Ten

“Hey Katara,” started the Blind Bandit.
“Yes?”
“I have a new mission for you tonight.”
“Really? What is it?”
“A Parrot-Lizard…” the Blind Bandit explained the situation, conveniently leaving all mention of the Blue Spirit out of the conversation.
“Okay. I guess I can help that man, even though he’s rich. After all he does such good for fugitives.”
After a light and filling dinner Katara got out the paint she had bought. It was cracked and dry around the edges. Only a little of it was still useable. “Stupid, cheep, Fire Nation junk.” she growled at it savagely. She carefully applied the makeup to her dark skin. She had to be sure that none of the hard pieces ended up on her face, if someone realized it was makeup… things would go down hill fast around here.
After her face was done she changed into the costume that would take her from average if uniquely powered girl, to super impressive, highly honored spirit.
Soon standing in their apartment, that was nowhere near a match to the grace and power that an honored spirit deserved, was the Painted Lady. Or at the very least a convincing look-a-like stood in the drab place.
“I’m ready.”
“Good.”
Together they descended into the dark belly of the earth and the Blind Bandit’s favored domain. The Blind Bandit spoke lowly of the badger-moles and how she was sad to leave her old buddies behind. The best the Fire Nation had were worm-snakes. They weren’t any help or any good aside from composting things, dead animals mostly. And they were tiny. Where is the fun in that? She couldn’t use them to storm a village like she dreamed of doing with the badger-moles.
Katara shrugged and hoped that none of those decussating things were near her in the darkness of impending doom which she traversed.
Popping them up into an alley way on the side farthest away from a certain blue and black figure the Blind Bandit said patting the wall. “Okay here is the house you need to retrieve the bird from. Good luck.”
The Painted Lady nodded her thanks and the Blind Bandit began the hollow thuds that announced the coming of the vengeful water spirit.
Using some crates that kept garbage from being ravened by street animals the Painted Lady zoomed over the wall. Instantly the alarm was raised and most of the guards fled. They kept going, some even climbed the gate to get away.
One of the Painted Lady’s eyebrows rose. ‘That’s odd.’ thought the woman.
Hearing the commotion the Blue Spirit used the distraction to slip in the gate unnoticed. He looked at what the men were now either cowering or flying through the air away from the same woman from the night before.
He tried to dash past her but she saw the movement and sent him flying sideways.
The Painted Lady’s eyes widened when she saw the blue mask and black fabric tightened to a strong, dashingly cut man. “The Blue Spirit…” she whispered lost for a second that he was there. Then she came to her senses, she had a mission to accomplish before going to help the pour souls in the Pit.
The Painted Lady whooshed over the land between her and the door. The Blue Spirit followed with some achy movements. Gliding through the house it wasn’t hard to find the prize, that neither knew the other was after, yet.
This household was asleep, which was all the better.
In a cage in the room they entered from the garden was the bird. It was asleep under a sheet. The Painted Lady peeked at the bird and smiled. The Blue Spirit yanked the cage off it’s stand. He took off with it.
The Painted Lady sent some ice for him to slip on but he just charged over it without a stumble. The woman ran after him. She used a water whip to shoot the cage out of his hand. Then slipping her water through the handle she used it to bring the cage into her arms before it could fall to the ground. She panted as she held the confused bird’s cage.
The Blue Spirit turned fluidly and ran at her with his swords out.
She dodged to protect the cage and bird. Then when she turned to run he flipped over her and swept the cage from her fists and her feet from under her.
Before she could get up the Blue Spirit was gone and the Blind Bandit grabbed her in a freshly earth-bended tunnel.
“I can’t believe it. I lost.”
The Blind Bandit was amazed as well. ‘Sparky has some sweet moves… But they would have been more evenly matched if Katara had been getting more sleep than she has. I love watching them fight.’ She grinned in the dark. “Perhaps you should come home and rest.”
“No Blind Bandit. I must go and help the sick now. It’s not their fault I lost. I just need to practice more.”
“No, Katara, you’re moves were sluggish and unsteady. You need rest, not to overwork yourself more.” When the Painted Lady opened her mouth to object more the Blind Bandit decided to bring out the big guns. She would bring to light her past…
“Katara, the truth is, I think it’s time I told you the truth about me.”

101610161016101610161016101610161016101610161016101610161016101610161016 1016101610161016101610161016
Sorry I took so long to get this out. I am sick. The kittens are doing good.



Contest: This is the 10th chapter and my 100th deviation at DeviantArt. To celebrate I am hosting a contest in addition to the I Spy one. The contest is the first person(s) who can answer the question (with my answer, you might be surprised) ‘What do Ice and Lava make?’ A lot of people are thinking this is a no-brainer. =D We will see if that’s true. =D

Prize and Rules: Winner(s) can request I draw a picture, ask for a new chapter to any story I haven't finished or for a short song fic. Rules for request: Can be a small group, couple or single, must be from Avatar the Last Airbender or you can suggest something but I must approve it, if not I will ask for something else, couple if it is romantic must be approved, if not you will be asked for a new one. Swearing, sexual or crude things will get you denied your prize. If you want a scene from a story the entire story can’t be rated over pg-13 or have sexual scenes. PS. If you want a certain style send a (deviantART) link to a picture using the style and I’ll do my best, the style can be mine or another artist’s. (It can’t be the same scene and you may need permission.)
Deadline: I’ll be closing the contests when I get the next chapter out, and I will try to have it out in about a week. Winner is the first with the correct answer. Hurry!



Thanks to all reviewers. From Fanfiction(.)net Alice Prince, Novalightz, Xyzisme, Darkness’s Daughter, and Kaydreams (hehehe yeah!), DevaintArt phili91, Mannie258, and allyonshinezutara. Thanks!
Alice Prince; The Jasimine Dragon is the tea shop Iroh started, but I never named the tea shop he is working at. Chapter 6 was in italics because of the site.
Novalights; To answer your questions… You will have to read future chapters to find out.
Xyzisme; Thanks for the help… I am going to go through the chapters and try to correct them when I ‘m feeling better.
Darkness’s Daughter; Katara doesn’t know Toph’s name because she never told her it. And Aang showed up in chapter 2. Back again in chapter 12.

Please review. Bye!