Ayashi No Ceres Fan Fiction ❯ My Angel ❯ Chapter 8

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Aki emerged from the doctor’s office.

“Aki!” Yuuhi shouted, standing up. “You all right?”

“Yeth, but I thtill have to go to the dentitht to get fake teeth.”

Yuuhi nodded. “I’ll pay for that, too.”

** ** **

“What happened?” asked a concerned, shocked Chidori. “You two got into a fight? Over what?”

Aki shook his head. “It’s nothing, really. It was stupid.”

“Were you drunk?” Chidori asked, accusingly.

“No. You were there the whole night and saw that I only had one beer.”

“Then why?”

Yuuhi’s eyes sharpened. Dammit, Chidori! Why don’t you shut the fuck up! Then he snapped back into reality. Damn, he was glad he hadn’t said that out loud. “Chidori,” he said, now calmed down, resting a hand on her shoulder. “Really, it was between Aki and me, and now it’s over. Don’t worry.”

Chidori pouted. “It’s not fair! Why do you have to keep secrets from me?”

Yuuhi sighed. “Because I don’t want to worry you unnecessarily.”

“It’s all right; I just want to know.”

Yuuhi shook his head. “It’s private.”

A tear came to Chidori’s eyes. “I thought you loved me.”

Yuuhi took the girl onto his lap and held her. “I do.”

“Then why won’t you tell me?”

“Just because I love you doesn’t mean that I have to tell you everything. This is neither your business nor will telling you about it be in your best interest.”

“Do you not trust me?”

“I trust you, but... I’m not sure what your reaction to it would be.”

“I’ll be fine.”

Yuuhi sighed. “That’s not what I’m worried about. You might do something rash before you have a chance to think.”

“I won’t.”

“Are you sure? It really is the kind of thing where you’d react to it without thinking. I did.”

“Yes. I’m sure.”

Yuuhi sighed, and looked to Aki.

“Don’t,” Aki said. “It’ll just worry her.”

Yuuhi looked back down to Chidori. “It’s something that’s really in Aki’s hands to tell or not. And I don’t think he’s too comfortable about telling anyone. I doubt he’d have told me if he didn’t feel that it was absolutely necessary.”

Chidori slowly climbed out of Yuuhi’s lap and left the room without another word. She entered her own room, grabbed a beer, and drank it quickly. Then she grabbed another, and another, and another. It’s a good thing that Aya isn’t here to stop me, she thought after her ninth drink.

Her senses dulled, she walked- or rather, staggered- out of the room, not knowing what she was doing.

Then she fell into a door and passed out.

Slowly, the door creaked open. Tooya noticed Chidori on the floor, and dragged her into his room, where he patiently waited her to wake up.

An hour passed, and Tooya’s next class was coming up. Today was his midterm, so he couldn’t skip it to watch the girl. Sighing, he left her sleeping on his bed and went to class.

** ** **

Chidori woke up with a throbbing headache. “Shit, where the hell am I?” she asked out loud. Her eyes slowly focused, and she realized she was in an unfamiliar single dorm. What the hell was she doing there?

She rolled over and noticed a notebook on the floor near her. Slowly, as to not disrupt her headache, she reached down to it and opened it up.

~September 13

~Her name is Aya.

Aya? Her room mate? Chidori’s curiosity rose, and she read on.

~I’d never think I’d find a girl so beautiful. She seemed kind of familiar as well. Had we met before? She didn’t seem to know me, though. Perhaps she just looks like someone I knew, a past girlfriend or something? She has the most luscious lips- I know, because I kissed her.

Chidori paused. Somebody who kissed Aya. Could it be Tooya’s diary she was reading? Chidori flipped through a few more pages and read on.

~October 2

~Finally, I got Aya in bed. She was amazing, and I really mean it. I may not remember my past, but I’m sure that I’ve slept with other girls and they were nothing like Aya.

Chidori yanked her eyes away from the page, jerking her head and sending waves of excruciating pain to it. “Dammit,” she said out loud, “Why did I get drunk anyway?” Then her mind returned to the notebook. It was definitely Tooya's diary. Knowing Tooya, he’d include far too many graphic details for Chidori to feel comfortable reading it.

Wait a minute, she thought. I’m reading his diary! I shouldn’t be doing this!

But despite all the reasons to stop reading, Chidori’s curiosity got the better of her and she continued reading.