Batman Fan Fiction ❯ What Rumor? ❯ What Rumor? ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

A/N and disclaimer: I don't write drabbles too often (100 words seems too short most of the time) but I do love writing dialogue exchanges with no action. This one came to mind when thinking about the new (seemingly real) idea that Harley will be making an appearance in the Dark Knight, possibly still as Dr. Quinzel. Me, I'm not a fan of that idea, personally. Then I wondered, if Joker were aware of the movie and found out about the rumor…what would his take on it be? Combined with my first ever Joker dialogue I'm not too unhappy with it.
 
Sadly I don't own Joker (though that would be endless fun), Harley or anything in the Batman universe. I just play with them when I have time.
 
********************************************************
 
“Harley! What the fuck is this?”
 
“It's just a rumor, Mistah J. That's all. Promise!”
 
“How could they even think of putting your character in a movie about my first real encounter with Batman?!”
 
“It's not confirmed yet, Puddin'. No one knows for sure if it's even true…”
 
“I'd been facing off against the Bat for years before you even started working at Arkham! This is blasphemy! This is slander!”
 
“I know and you know and Bats knows. Isn't tha—“
 
“Shut up! Wait…Harl, bring me this director Whathisname. Time to put this rumor to rest once and for all.”