Beyblade Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Adventures of a Blader (how original!) ❯ Chapter 66

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own BeyBlade or Yugioh. I own: Serena, Nicole, Antonio, SnowLeopard, Dragonia, and anything else that is not BeyBlade or Yugioh. Kelsey, Angie, and Joe own themselves. Yamura belongs to Laura. Austin belongs to Austin, though in name and looks only. Everything else about him I made up.
 
Telepathy
/Serena/
//Kai//
[Max]
::blah:: or {blah}- bitbeast
 
Thoughts or songs- in italics
Flashbacks- in bolded italics
Talking in Russian -bolded
 
 
Chapter 66
 
 
“Wow. They actually turned this place into a church. Real improvement.” Serena was standing outside her `childhood home'. The Russian street she was on was not that crowded; but people were heading into the old Biovolt for church service. They didn't give Serena a second glance. She just looked like a normal tourist.
 
Serena was wearing her normal black attire and carrying a backpack. The only difference was that Serena had left her dragon jacket at home and was wearing an old one. The BladeBreakers would most likely be mad at her, Kai especially. She never told them she was leaving.
 
Serena took a deep breath and walked through the door. Instead of the normal dark and gloomy look, the Abbey was full of light. The new church must have been doing well, as expensive, gold pieces dotted the church, and many of the pews were full.
 
Serena moved along the wall, looking at each piece as she headed to a hallway. There was a sign above it indicating where the restrooms were; but there was something in that hallway that Serena wanted. There was a secret door in the hallway, one of the many entrances to what laid beneath the church floor. Serena walked up and down the hall, examining every inch. It had been three years since she had stepped foot in Biovolt. She didn't remember the exact location of the door, but she knew what to look for. About two-thirds down the hall, Serena found what she was looking for. There was a small indent in the wall. Serena reached into her backpack and pulled out Dragonia in her blade form. Serena pressed the tip of the blade to the indent. Some stones flipped over, revealing a palm scanner. Serena took a deep breath and pressed her palm to it. There was no guarantee it would work. The system may have been shut down, broken down, or Serena's print may also have been erased from the system. Silently, stones rolled back, revealing a doorway.
 
Serena smiled. “Yes.” She quickly walked through the opening before someone came down the hallway and saw it. Once through, instinct took over. She remembered which steps controlled which traps. There were some traps that were activated by sensor, but those were easily taken care of.
 
Serena eventually reached her destination, her old room, without running into anyone. Which wasn't unexpected actually, but one might accidentally find a way into Biovolt. The door creaked open and the light from the doorway barely lit the room. Serena stepped in and looked around. Nothing had changed; except for the amount of dust.
 
Serena headed to her bed and pulled it away from the wall. She then commenced to pulling out a stone, which then revealed a metal box. Serena sat down on her bed with the metal box on her lap. She put in the combination and opened the box, revealing pictures of her and Kai as well as the blade with the black and silver fox, Silviar. Serena gazed at the pictures for a little bit and then placed them back in the box. Serena closed the box and placed it in her backpack. She stood up and slung her backpack onto her shoulder. She turned to head out of the room and halted. Somebody was standing in the doorway, features unable to be seen as the light was to their back.
 
“I figured you'd come back here.” The person touched a spot on the wall and light filled the room. Their features were still undistinguishable, and the lower part of the face was covered by a scarf. They were dressed as a ninja with big padded shoulders.
 
“What are you? Some sort of wannabe ninja? And who are you to think you know me so well as to know I would return here?”
 
“I am Jin of the Gale. I make it my duty to know everything about every blader. And I know you are looking for Boris Balcov, you `ex-father'. I can take you to him.”
 
Serena's eyes narrowed. “I am supposed to believe you on that? Do you think I am stupid?”
 
“I am just offering you an option. How were you going to find Boris?”
 
Serena opened her mouth and closed it. She hadn't thought that far ahead.
 
{Trust him.}
 
/Why?/
 
{There is something about him. He has connections to my people.}
 
/You sure?/
 
{Yes.}
 
“Where is Boris?”
 
“Tokyo, Japan.”