Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Moving to California ❯ Laughter at Rei`s ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


And like always,who will do the disclaimer this time?

Malisia:Why don`t you do it yourself sometimes?*chuckles*

Kanilla:Well,because I want you to do it,that`s why!

Kai:You`re just being lazy.

Kanilla:No,I`m not!And who asked you anyways?

Kai:.....

Tala:I`ll do it,miss.

Kanilla:You`re my saving angel,Tala!"

Tala:*shrughs*Yeah,right.Kanilla does not own beyblade or any of the characters that
appear on the show.Yup,that`s right.But she does own her OC`s,and you don`t
even think of...

Kanilla:Hrm,I think that`s enough Tala.They probably get it now.

Tala:But I was just making sure,miss...*pouts*

Kanilla:Well,on with the chapter...

Chapter 8-Laughter at Rei`s

Before she went to bed,Destiney decided to call Aina and tell her about her first week in California. Sunday turned out to be one of those days when everything is quiet, partly because Nate didn`t get out of bed before dinnertime, partly because the three girls were out of town. Not wanting to be bored all day she decided to grab her skateboard and head for the park lying nearby.

The park was apparently a very popular place.Kids at all ages were skating and having fun this nice day in August.While rolling along a fence, she caught sight of a familiar redhead.

"Hey,Tala!" she yelled.

He turned around and wawed at her. When she came up to them, he put an arm around her shoulders. She smirked. He just couldn`t help it, could he?
She greeted them with a smile.She didn`t say anything to Kai though.

"What are you doing out here, pretty?"Tala asked.She giggled at the petname, giving him a smack at the back of his head.

"What do you think, redhead? I came to skate!" Tala smirked.

"I thought you came to look at all the boys".She crossed her arms." Are there any boys to look at here then? I haven`t seen any".

Tala laughed and pulled her ponytail.

"You guys spend much time here?"

For once, Tala would let Rei be the one to do the talking. It appeared that Tala himself was busy playing with her hair.

"Yes, pretty much. We`re kinda the kings around here", Rei smiled. She brushed her hair behind her ear.

"Now you have got a queen too!"She chuckled."What are you guys doing today?"She noticed that Kai was giving her a warning glare,telling her that she was going to far now.

"We`re probably going over to Rei`s place when we are finished here. Wanna come?"

He didn`t seem to notice Kai`s deathglare. She smiled."Sure thing!" she said, smirking at her enemy.

Destiney was a little surprised when they came to Rei`s place."Do you actually live here?"

They were standing outside whatlooked like a fighting-sports-center-thingie-house.(I know that sounds silly,but dont worry,Ill call it a dojo later on,ay?).

"Yes,how come?"She shrugged."Nothing.But its not exactly a average house you know".

At the entrance,she counted the pair of shoes to be 23. It was a pretty big house, though lots of the rooms were gyms, bedrooms or places were you could chill out. Rei`s room was located in the sleepy-hall, as he said himself.

"It may not be very big or anything,but at least its mine",he said with a smile.

It had to be the smallest bedroom shed seen in her whole life! It wasn`t bigger than maybe 1/5 of her own room,but even though it was very little ,it had its own charm. His bed was also the couch, and he had lots of teddybears and other plushies.Tala sat down on the couch, yawning for some
reason, while Kai sat down in the one and only chair. At the little table beside his bed, some pictures caught her attention.
Most pictures were of him and his friends, and like always, Tala looked silly on all of them. But he also had pictures of his girlfriend. Destiney took a picture of Rei and Mariah in her hands.

"She is very pretty,Rei".He smiled at her and let his fingers trace Mariahs face.

"I know.And I love Mariah, with every inch of my heart. We will probably get married someday".His smile broadened."You can come to our wedding then".

He put the picture back on the table.

"I would be honoured to".

"Thats enough chitchat,pretty",Tala suddenly said.She stared at him.A grin came to his face.

"Its time to play,boys!"The three boys suddenly threw themselves forwards,and Destiney was pushed away.

"Hey!Thats mine!I had it first!"

A little later,they leaned back,each of them holding a gaming control.Rei gave her the last one. The boys chuckled.

"What?"she asked,wondering what was so funny now."You got the worst one".

She rolled her eyes and got readyto battle.It turned out that compared to the three boys, she was an amateur when it came to gaming.The boys however, were equally good,and they all lost from time to time. There was no chance for her to beat any of them, so she sat back,deciding to watch the show instead. After a while, she noticed that Kai definitely was one the bad losers. Everytime he lost a game, he started to growl and curse.

`Serves him well`, she thought.

When she felt herself get hungry,she looked at her watch.And it was way past dinnertime.

"Hey,guys?"They didnt even look at her."I have to go now".

She got up and tried to sneak past Rei. And at that exact moment, Rei chose to get up, causing Destiney to trip over,straight into Kais lap.She felt the heat rise in her cheeks,and she knew that she was blushing terribly(-smirks-You remember this part AG? It has gotta be one of my faves indeed...)Unfortunately, some of her hair had gotten stuck in one of Kais buttons (does he even have any buttons?Well,pretend he does,ok?), which she painfully discovered when she tried to get back up, causing her to fall over over again.Destiney fell into Kai`s lap again,causing his chair to fall backwards with a loud "bang".

Both Tala and Rei were laughing badly now,Tala finding it troublesome to breath.

She was lying on top of Kai,face to face.The hair that wasn`t stuck,covered them like a white blanket.She stared into the deep of his pretty, grey eyes, and for once he didnt look angry or displeased, only puzzled. Her mouth went totally dry, making her unable to speak. She could feel her blushing getting worse. Kai couldnt find anything evil to say,and his face felt like it was on fire.He looked shy, biting his lip.

The whole thing was interrupted when two strong hands got hold of Destineys waist, lifting her up. Carefully Kai sat up, looking confused."You ok?" Rei asked, not quite done laughing yet. She nodded,suddenly remembered her hair.

"Can somebody help me? I dont wanna be stuck to him all day",she said. After a little while they concluded that it was totally impossble to get her loose without cutting her hair.Rei sighed.

"Kai?This would be so much easier if you took off your pants".Kais eyes widened,and his expression turned angry.He crossed his arms stubbornly.

"No way".Destiney looked at him, her eyes begging.

"Please? I will just look the other way, Kai",she pleaded.

He thought it over.The brat was actually begging him!And she was actually saying his name without disgust! He sighed and rolled his eyes, signaling that she should turn around. He gave his pants to Tala who was about to laugh again.Kai gave his friend a warning deathglare.Rei began to work on it, telling Kai that he could get one of Rei`s pants in his closet.A little later she was free, which she was very grateful to be.

She almost started to laugh when she saw Kai,wearing Rei`s clothes.Since Rei was both smaller and thinner than his friend, the pants were both to small and to short for him.He glared at her,in a way that said "this-is-only-your-fault-and-you-know-it-so-you-better-shut-up".

" I will be off then", she said and followed Rei down the hall.They ended up talking at the door.

"I had fun today",she said. He smirked.

"So did I",he chuckled.She rolled her eyes.

"You will always be welcome here if thers anything you need,ok?"She smiled at him.

"Thank you,I really appreciate it".She looked at all the pair of shoes in the hallway.

"Does it live manypeople here?"He followed her gaze,frowning."Yes,you could say so.After all,it is a dojo.My uncles dojo actually".

She looked a little puzzled."Whats a dojo?"

He laughed.

"It sotr of a place where you can train on carate and other fighting-sports".She understood.

"So you train?"

He arcehed an eyebrow."Yes,twice a day".

She was a little surprised at this."Then you must be strong".He smirked,his fangs glinting.

"Yes".
She gave him a light hug before grabbing her skateboard and leaving.

"Bye Rei!Ill see you tomorrow!"she yelled,wawing at him."Why dont you come over on Tuesday?I can teach you some fighting".She gave him a thumb up to show that she would come.Then she put down her skateboard and rolled away.

-End chapter-

To Sharon: Yay!You found my story!

To my dear partner-smirks-: Yo Yo AG!How are you doing?-lol-Yeah,I cant wait tog et to the point where it was all ended at the baka FF.net either...-sighs-But hey,you have no right to complain!You have been reading the chapter before anyone else ya know!-laughs-

Yours sincerly, Kanilla & Nicholas


















Converting /tmp/phpgk2Mwd to /dev/stdout