Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Moving to California ❯ Getting turned down ( Chapter 29 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Heya guys!


Disclaimer:I do not own beyblade,nor do I own Kai,Rei or Tala.

Getting turned down


Tuesday morning she most of all wanted to stay in bed.The wind was howling outside,and the rain was banging on her window.But she left the bed and went to the bathroom to get dressed.The gloomy weather seemed to affect the others in the house aswell,and almost nothing was said around the table.Only Mrs.Raiden kept her spirit up and kissed them all goodbye before they went to school.They luckily got a ride today.The met the gang in the hall,including Mariah and Rydan.Jade was walking around hand in hand with Rei`s cousin,always kissing him.Silver turned up in their first break that day,and Tala pulled her away from the others.Silver simply glared at him.

"What is it,redhead?"she snarled.Tala grinned."I have a favour to ask you..."She sighed,annoyance clear in her expression."Why would I do you a favour?"she said,apparently bored.

"I have noticed how you make your moves on Nate to make Malisia jealous".Silver shruged."So what?I am free to do as I like".

"Well,with the upcoming hallowen-party...I was just wondering if you could lure Nate to be your partner that night.Just ask him,I am sure he wont turn you down,he seems to have taken interest in you".She looked as if she was considering his suggestion.

"Please?"he sounded slightly desperate."Ok".Tala sighed in relief and went back to the others.

Malisia`s heart jumped a heartbeat when she saw Nate.He,Kai,Rei and Mariah was sitting on a bench in the cafeteria.The other girls were somewhere else,she didn`t know where,She came up in front of her crush and smiled at him."Hi Natey!"He returned her smile and signaled for her to sit down beside him.She did so.Kai and Rei was currently in the middle of a funny conversation,both boys laughing badly.Mariah was playing with Rei`s hair,braiding it.

"Um,Nate?"Their eyes locked.Her heart was beating slightly faster now."Yes?"She was fumbling with the rings on her fingers,as she always would whenever she was nervous like this."Would you like to be my date for the Hallowen-party?"

Nate broke the eyecontact and bit his bottom lip."I am so sorry Malis,but Silver kinda asked first...",he mumbled.That line struck her with might.Silver?

In that exact moment Silver sneaked her arms around Nate`s waist,resting her chin on his shoulder.He blushed badly.

"You guys talking about me?"she asked,her face a huge smirk.Malisia tried to keep her tears back,but failed bady.Without a second thought,she stood up and ran out of the cafeteria.Mariah sent Silver a disgusted look and followed.Kai was staring at the door that Malisia had ran through only seconds ago,his face an unreadable mask.He looked at Rei,who gave a nod.The two boys left the table.Nate sighed.He knew he should have turned Silver down.But there was something about her he couldn`t resist.

-flashback-

"Hey Nate?"a familiar girly voice called.He turned around and saw Silver stand in front of him.He blushed badly without being able to help it.She laughed and smiled at him."Would you like to be my date for the Hallowen-party?"

A part of him was screaming no,go with Malisia,another part was begging him to say yes.His mouth turned dry,leaving him unable to speak.After a while he simply gave a nod,hoping in his silent mind that he could stop blushing whenever he saw this girl.

-end flashback-

"Malis?Answer me!"Mariah begged.She could hear her friend cry behind one of the doors in here(they are in the bathroom,ok?).After a while she managed to make the other girl to open the door.Malisia was sitting on the floor,her arms around her knees,as she was crying softly into her arms.Mariah pulled her to her feet and embraced her.

"Shhhhh.....Everything will be fine,sweetie",she whispered.The girl raised her head to meet Mariah`s eyes."Why would he say yes to that bitch if he is in love with me?Can you tell me that,Mao?"Big,salty tears were streaming down her cheeks.Mariah stroke her back.

"I dont know,sweetie,boys are strange".The bell rang,class would start now.She took her hand and lead her back to her classroom.The other pupils simply stared at Malisia when she moved her desk a little away from Nate`s.They were even more surprised to see that she did not greet her partner as she usually did.Destiney leaned closer to Kai and did for once not even bother that it was Kai Hiwatari she was talking to.

"What has happened between them?"Kai growled."That idiot brother of yours broke Malis heart by accepting to be Silver`s date on the Hallowen-party".She blinked.Why would Nate do such a thing?He was deeply in love with the bluehaired girl!

But she had noticed how strange he always acted around Silver though.At the end of the lesson,Malisia called out:hey Tala!Would you like to be my date for the Hallowen-party?"Tala smiled."I would love to".

The rest of that day,Malisia was constantly clinging to the redhead.She would sit on his lap,even go as far as kissing him!Tala knew she was using him to make Nate feel jealous,but he didn`t really mind,he felt good this way.They let Malisia off at her place and went over to Rei after school.

The first person Destiney and Tala met inside the dojo was Cherry.She litherally glomped Tala,clinging to him.Rei showed up seconds later,breathing heavily."Thank God!She is driving me nuts!!!"he exclaimed.Tala frowned when the little girl started to climb him.

"Tala-san!I have missed you!!!"she giggled.Luckily her father came walking down the hallway."Uncle Alex,do you mind taking care of your daughter?Me and my friends are going to do some training now".His uncle nodded.

"Come here,Cherry!"The girl let go of Tala and ran off.Tala laughed when he saw how relieved his friend became."Man,that kid is a hyper one!"

The Chinese boy nodded and signaled for them to follow him.

After traning they sneaked outside to the park to avoid any further contact with Cherry."Where is Rydan today?"Destiney asked.Rei chuckled to himself."He didn`t say where he was going,but I know he is with Jade.I know that boy pretty well!"

She laughed."Yeah...They seem to have gotten along quite well..."Tala had brought his skateboard,and was currently skating around,just doing tricks while his friends were watching."Dizzy?Have you spoken to Malis?"She shook her head."I wonder why Nate would do such a thing.They are both in love with each other"Rei merely shrugged.

"I dont know....Kai was pretty pissed off when he found out.Even if he is not willing to admit that he cares for someone,he is very protective when it comes to his sister".An awkward silence fell between them.When Destiney came home she decided to go looking for her brother and ask him out.She searched all over the house without being able to find him.She asked her parents,the maid and Dmitri,but the answer was the same every time.

Then she remembered their secret room,and headed that way.And as she had predicted,that was where she found him.
He was sitting with his back against the wall,drawing.He didn`t even raise his head when she entered."Hi Nate..."

He greeted her with a weak smile.She sat down beside him and took a look at his drawing.Nate was drawing the rain,how it fell and hit the ground,making little pools."Nate?Why did you say yes to Silver?"she asked.

Nate shrugged."I dont know.There is just something I cant seem to resist when it comes to her,like she has some kind of power over me".Destiney put her arms around him."How am I supposed to explain that to Malis?"She ran her fingers through his hair,rocking him carefully."Things will be alright".

He simply nodded.

The tense and uncomfortable atmosphere stayed for the rest of the week,making them all very frustrated.Malisia was always taking advantage of Tala to make Nate jealous,while Silver continued to mess around with Nate`s head as she pleased.When it finally came to Friday,the girls was so tired of it all that they wanted to just find a solution to the whole problem.They decided to talk together at Mariah`s place.And none told Malisia.


Yours sincerly,kanilla

















































Converting /tmp/php0wgDNE to /dev/stdout