Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Moving to California ❯ "How could you???" ( Chapter 33 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I do not own Kai,Rei and Tala,just like I dont own Beyblade.Satisfied?


"How could you????"

The next morning turned out to be really caotic.Mr.Raiden was going away on a business trip for a a couple of days,while his wife was going to visit a friend of hers for a while.On top of that,Nate and Tala were on the edge,the atmosphere pretty tense between them.The twin`s parents said goodbye after breakfast,and Mrs.Raiden handed out kisses and hugs to everyone.Especially Dmitri was sorry that they would be away.

"I will miss you,mom!"he said and hugged her.She kissed his cheek and stood up."I am sure you will be alright,Mari will take good care of you".Then they left.

Tala could not blame his little brother for adopting the Raidens as his new parents.The boy needed someone to love him,a mother and a father.
Tala himself was unable to do the same,he still remembered his own mother too well.He glanced at Nate,who did his best not to look nervous.A little later Nate was pulled aside by his sister.With a worried face she asked him if everything was alright.He faked a smile and assured her that he was fine.She glared suspiciously at him for a moment,then decided to let it go.Nate knew he hadn`t fooled her,she knew him too well to be fooled.

When she later that evening came to ask him for help with some of her homework,she found no one.She took a look around the house,but it seemed like he was gone,so was Tala.She had this bad feeling that something was going to happen.Neither Tala nor Nate had left a message about where they had gone.Tala had not even told his little brother.

Nate stopped in the middle of the park, on the field of grass and looked around. It was dark outside by now.Nate didn`t like the dark,unlike his sister.Tala came walking towards him,relaxed as if he was on a stroll or something.He stopped in front of the other boy,a smirk on his lips as he said teasingly:For a moment there I thought you wouldn`t come".

Nate said nothing, but raised his fists in defence. The redhead did the same,and they started to slowly circle around each other. Totally unexpectedly,Tala threw a punch at the silwerhaired boy, his fist making contact with his jaw. He fell over,hitting the ground. But anger made him stand up again, ready to go on.The rain started to fall,soaking their clothes, making them cling to their bodies.

Nate tried to hit the redhead,but he moved right in time and drove his knee into Nate`s stomach.He dropped to his knees,cluthing his stomach in pain while he was coughing.The cold rain from above were making them cold and stiff. Tala was standing all still,waiting for the other boy to come at him again.Nate took a deep breath and stood up again.He directed a kick at his rival,but was unable to fool Tala,who had learned a couple of tricks from Rei.He grabbed hold of Nate`s foot and twisted it around,so that he found himself lying on the ground once more.He was seeing stars now, his head spinning, making him feel nauseous. He whimpered in pain, but gritted his teeth and got back onto his feet again.Tala smiled,though there was no happiness in that smile."You just wont give up,ne?"

Nate flung himself at the redhead,knocking him to the ground.The sudden impact with the wet ground beneath him knocked all air out of his lungs.He gasped for air and coughed badly.A fist hit his cheek,making him growl in furry.He threw Nate away without any trouble.Their wet clothes made it more difficult to move around.Before Nate even had the time to get up,Tala grabbed hold of his arm and held it tight,making him whimper again.Nate now finally admitted his defeat.As a finish to the fight,Tala twisted his arm around,making Nate scream in pain as there could be heard a loud crack from his elbow.

Destiney all of a sudden felt all nauseous and sick to her stomach..She barely managed to drop to her knees in front of the toilet before she threw up.
After she was done she flushed the loo and washed her mouth.She felt really bad,and went to lie down on her bed to calm down her stomach.This sudden sickness puzzled her.Then suddenly she understood it had to involve Nate.She reached out for her phone in panic and started to call her friends to see if they knew where her brother was.That proved to be good for nothing.About half an hour later she still didn`t know where he was.

Tala showed up a little while after,soaked to the skin.Destiney brought him some dry clothes and got Mari too make them some cocoa."What were you thinking,Tala?You could get really sick!!"she nagged while drying his hair with a towel. He said nothing."By the way,have you seen my brother?"Tala simply nodded. "Where is he then?"

"He is on his way",he replied and said nothing more.She figured there was something more to it,but let it go and concentrated on getting the redhead dry and warm again. When Nate came into the living room,wet and struggling to stand straight, she got pretty shocked. His expression was twisted with pain, and he was cluthing his elbow with his right hand.He also had a big,dark bruise along his jaw.She forgot everything else and ran over to him,supporting him so he could sit down on the couch.He was limping.

Destiney helped her brother get out of the soaked clothes,leaving him in his boxers before she wrapped him up in a blanket.He whimpered and gritted his teeth when she touched his elbow, now being swollen and purple."What have you two been doing?I demand you to tell me!"she exclamied.Both boys glanced at each other,but said nothing.After a while Nate was starting to get hot from fever,and they called a doctor to check on him.

His fever would still go up after two hours, near to a dangerous point. The doctor checked him,and could tell Destiney that he had gotten beat up pretty badly. He then twisted his elbow back into the right position.Nate screamed out loud when this was done,but was too weak to protest.
Afterwards,the doctor gave her some antibiotics that Nate had to take for the sake of his fever. Destiney thanked for his help,a thousand thoughts racing through her mind. Why had Nate been fighting? He had never been the type to fight,he was rather more of a wimp when it came to those things.
She stayed up for a long time that night, watching over her brother, until the maid ordered her to go to bed.

The morning after she was dead tired when she got out of bed.She felt like a zoombie, wandering around half-asleep.Nate`s fever had gone down,but he would still have to stay in bed for a couple of days.Tala gave her a ride to school,and she noticed a bruise on his right cheek. When she asked what he had done,he simply smiled and told her it was nothing.She glared at him with a suspicious look,her eyes narrowing.

"Tell me,are you the person the beat my babybrother up?" Tala blinked,his face then going into an emotionless state. Destiney simply couldn`t believe it. Had Tala really beaten the crap out of her little brother?"How could you do such a thing!You know that my brother can`t fight you in strenght!"she hissed.

Tala bit his lip, but said nothing to defend himself. She refused to talk to him the rest of the way, her anger fuming. She left the car instantly when they reached school and joined her friends. They sensed that she was not in her best mood,and acted careful around her. Even Kai seemed to notice her anger, and let her have some peace. He somehow figured this went deeper than just mood swings or regular anger. She said nothing during class either.

Their break came,and Malisia came over to them and sat down on her desk. "Um,where is Nate today? Is he sick?" Destiney glanced at Tala and nodded,not missing the glint in his eyes as the bluehead asked her question.Malisia however did not notice and smiled. "I`ll come over after school". Destiney shook her head. "No,Nate is very sick,he needs rest. You do best by staying at home".

Kai pulled Tala aside in the hallway,wanting a word with him."What the heck have you done to piss Destiney off like that?She is totally on edge!"Tala bit his bottom lip and refused to meet his pal`s puzzled look."I challenged Nate to fight me",he said in a small voice.Kai arched an eyebrow."Nate?You beat up Nate?" he asked in disbelief.Tala`s shameful face was an answer clear enough to that question. He shook his head and sighed.

"You are one of my best friends, you and Rei, but will you get through that thick skull of yours that my sister is no property! You can`t just fight over her behind her back!"he growled.Tala kept avoiding his look and muttered something Kai could not hear.

"What do you think Malis will say when she hears about this?Because I can guarantee you, she will get to hear it, either from Destiney or me!" he pressed Tala against the wall in pure furry. "I don`t think my sister will be to happy to know that you kicked her boyfriend`s ass". Tala`s eyes widened, and he all of a sudden looked very guilty. He rubbed his forehead and was about to start crying any second now,his eyes wet and sparkling from unshead tears. He blinked them away, unwilling to cry in front of anyone, not even his best friend.

"What have I done?I didn`t know they were together already.."he whispered,his voice low and bitter.He looked lost,and Kai decided to put his anger aside and put his hand on the redhead`s shoulder in a comforting manner.

"I can`t say it is ok..But you should tell her about it and beg for forgiveness, cause we both know she is going to flip!"Tala nodded and wiped away his tears. "I will tell her...Later..For now, I just want to be close to her,ok?" Kai accepted his answer and stepped back to let his friend free. He felt really sorry for Tala. How could anyone be so madly in love?

Poor Tala did his best to act normally during what remained of their day,but the others noticed that he seemed jumpy,slightly nervous.Malisia was the only one who didn`t notice anything.She was still in heaven after getting together with Nate.Jade however was totally opposite,she almost seemed depressed.

"What is wrong,Jadey?"Mariah asked.Jade sighed and started to twirl her hair around her fingers,as she always did.

"Rydan went back home this Sunday,and he won`t be back until Christmas!!!"she complained.Mariah smiled and put her arms around her friend."You miss him already?" The aquahaired girl nodded. "You should have seen him this Saturday, he was so sweet!"

-Flashback-

"Rydan!Can`t I have a little peek?Where are we going?"she begged him to tell. He smiled and told her to be patient, they would soon be there.
They were at the moment located in the dojo, and Rydan was leading his girlfriend around, his hands covering her eyes."Have a peek now",he giggled and removed his hands.T he sight that met her made her speakless.

They were standing in some kind of cosy living room with lots of big,soft chairs and a fireplace in one of the corners,where there was lit a fire.The light was dimmed,and there were plates of food on the table.She turned around and hugged him."You are so sweet!"she smiled and gave him a peck.He lead her to the couch,and they sat down.

Jade was in heaven,enjoying great food in Rydan`s company,having him feed her.After dinner he left for a little while,and when he came back he was carrying two bowls of ice-cream.She had never felt so happy in any relationship before.She had used to envy her cousin for the way she loved Tony,wanting to feel those emotions for herself.Now she understood how Aya felt.After they were done eating they simply lay on the couch,cuddling,while he feeded her with chocolate."Rydan?"

"Hm?"he murmured.Jade sat halfways up,resting her chin on his chest,her pretty eyes looking up at him. "I will miss you when you go back to China..." She embraced him. He cupped her face and kissed her softly. "I will miss you too. But I will be back around Christmas..." She nodded quietly and curled up into a ball in his lap.

-End Flashback-

The girls did their best to cheer up their friend,and it didn`t take long before the usual, hyper Jade was back among them. During lunch the girls were sitting by themselves,the boys two tables further away. Destiney got this uncomfortable feeling all of a sudden, as if someone was watching her. She looked around,only to find Kai Hiwatari staring at her with those grey eyes.She locked eyes with him,as if accepting a challenge.She soon enough found herself defeaten by him though, forced to look another way. He kept staring. After a little while she got pretty annoyed,and she was about to get up and yell at him when Aydan turned up.

"May I sit down?"he asked,tilting his head to the side.That exact moment Destiney found him awfully cute. She smiled back up at him and motioned for him to sit down by her side. The other girls cast knoing looks between themselves and giggled.

Kai growled.That jerk had just ruined everything for him! He had been so close to make the brat tick off!!!

It was a depressing experience for Destiney to get back her essay.She stared at her mark for a little while,as if though she couldn`t believe it, then hurriedly stuffed the papers into her bag. Kai raised an eyebrow when he saw the dark look on his partner`s face, then he smirked. "Am I mistaken if I ask if that went straight to hell?"he asked.

"Go to hell Hiwatari!"she snapped,her cheeks growing a deep shade of crimson.

Kai tilted his head innocently to the side and smiled that evil, little smile of his. "So,what did you get, brat?"She growled at him. "None of your business, moron!"

He leaned a little closer,barely inches between their faces,staring her straight into the eyes. "I bet that even I got a better mark than you, brat".S he was about to yell another curse at him when his expression suddenly changed. His eyes for a moment seemed confused, and if something dawned on him. His mouth went dry. Those eyes....


Hahahahaha!!!I am cutting it off here guys!

Nicholas:Stop being evil,Kanilla!!!

Dizzy:Yeah,I totally agree.You really need to learn to be polite to your readers...

Kanilla:Am I not?

Nicholas:Definitely not!

Yours sincerly,Kanilla & Nicholas









































Conv erting /tmp/php7MFhSa to /dev/stdout