Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Moving to California ❯ We all love Mistletoes ( Chapter 43 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]



Nicholas: Oh, and we do not own beyblade or the characters of the anime, just our Ocs.

Our Nicky? OUR?

Nicholas: -clears throat- Yours.


-Chapter 43: We all love Mistletoes-

Next morning they were woken up by the pretty damned hyper fuzzballs named Nathaniel and Dmitri. Silver was already up, being the earlybird she was and located in the kitchen. Destiney had noticed that Silver seemed to always end up in the kitchen for some odd reason. Destiney had a bubbly feling in her stomach, she always enjoyed Christmas a lot. And after breakfast Malisia glued herself to Kai(not litherally of course) while Aina was taking care of Destiney.

“ Um Kai? Come with me please”.

He quirked an eyebrow suspiciously at his twin sister, mouth being a think line from the way he was pressing his lips together. Though he figured she couldn`t have something really bad in store for him, she was usually quite nice around Crhistmas.

“ Just wait here for a moment will ya?” she said and left him in the kitchen doorway. He looked slightly confused, but leaned against the doorway waiting for his sister to return. Unfortunately he forgot to raise his head and look upwards. Aina got the thumbs up from the bluenette girl and suddenly grabbed Destiney by the arm and started pulling her out from the living room.

“ Aina, what are you doing?!?”

Her friend just flashed her an insanely evil smirk before pushing her into Kai who stared at the girl in even more confusion. Malisia appeared and flung an arm around Aina`s shoulder and both girls giggled before pointing upwards. Destiney`s face fell drastically when she realized what was going on in the first place.

“ YOU TWO ARE SO FUCKING DEAD!!!!” she shouted, ready to kill the two any second. Kai almost got a heart attack from thw sudden outburst and what he spotted when he raised his head. It was a...mistletoe...

“ MALISIA!” he shouted, joining Destiney`s shouting. Both teens looked ridiculous with their faces beet red and the hair litherally standing of their heads in severe anger.

“ Kill us if you wanna..But first you gotta kiss! And I don`t mean no kiss on the cheek kids!”

Malisia grinned and wawed a finger at the two. Aina nodded frantically in agreement. Both teens looked like they wanted to double over and puke then and there, but slowly they turned to face each other. And seeing that Kai was a lot taller than her he bent down and hesitated for a moment before pressing their lips together.

She was the first to pull away, and she wiped her mouth on her sleeve before making gagging motions. Looking up at him she saw a flash of something in his eyes and she could swear that it was...disappointment? He said nothing as he made his way past her and walked away from the three girls quickly. She shrugged her shoulders and started a wild goose chase after her two best friends.

After a very long and tiring chase she returned to the siting room where the others now were ready to open their presents. Destiney apologized to Aina for having sent the presents to Marco and her by mail already, but the girl laughed and said it was okay, they would have plenty of gifts to unwrap when they got back home. Aina handed her a present with a smile. Of all the people in the two families Nathaniel and Dmitri were the ones more hyped than all else. Nate was overjoyed to finally get the train set he had wanted ever since he was eight years old. Dmitri on the other hand was just...overjoyed to get as many presents as he did and he had tears in his eyes as he glomped Mrs. and Mr.Raiden.

Never before had Destiney received this many nice presents before. Tala and Rei had split their money and bought her a new skateboard. From Nate she for a drawn picture of all her favourite anime characters. She couldn`t hold back her laughter when she saw that he even remembered to bring in a couple of yaoi pairings. From Malisia she got a photoalbum filled with pictures of the gang and herself. Jade and Aya got her a Linkin Park cd and Mariah had made a pretty, blue dress for her with her own hands. Dmitri had made a toy car from a piece of wood that he proudly handed her, a ribbon wrapped around it.

Not to mention she finally got the laptop she had been wishing for. To say, she got a lot of nice presents and it made her heart swell with joy that she knew so many kind people. The last present she opened that morning was from Aydan, and that one proved to be a book of poems that he had written himself and a flower. She melted when she read through the poems and decided to ask him over for dinner on Boxing Day. A little later that day they had a shared meal.

Kai was the only person who seemed to be in a realy bad mood today. He had always hated Christmas, it was nothing but noise and chaos in his opinion. Not to mention that everything was supposed to be so cosy...he couldn`t stand it. And this Christmas there were too many people around and he hated to dress up nicely for the occation, it made him feel ridicuolous. Besides, he had something on his mind today.

They all stayed up until way past midnight, even Dmitri who was now playing games with the girls. He loved all the attention he was given. Tala watcehd his little brother with amusement while sipping to a glass of wine. Just a couple of months ago life had been a living hell. Now he and his brother were a part of a good family that treated them as if they were their own. He glanced sideways at Kai sitting in a chair. His friend was staring into the air with an empty expression. Tala grinned and wawed his hand in front of his face. Kai blinked and stared at him in slight confusion.

“ Everything okay buddie? You look a little lost”.

Kai nodded absently and ran his thumb along the rim of the glass he was holding in his hand. Tala knew it would be impossible to get Kai into a conversation when he was like this.

“ What`s on your mind?”

Kai shrugged and kept his gaze lowered. Tala could tell that something was up, but he didn`t press the matter, knowing that his pal disliked Christmas. He gave him a friendly slap on the shoulder and stood up to ask one of the girls to dance with him. At four in the morning they were all ordered to go to bed by Mr.Raiden and the girls settled in Destiney`s room, though they didn`t fall asleep instantly.

Destiney lay listening to the sound of the heavy breathing of her friends, starting to feel tired herself. There was a weak knock on the door that caught her attention. She got out of bed and let the light stay off in order not to wake anyone up. Opening the door she couldn`t spot anyone in the hallway. Who would go around knocking doors in the middle of the night anyway?

She was just about to close her door when she spotted something at her feet. It was a small wrapped gift. Picking it up from the floor she looked at it closely. It was terribly wrapped. Bringing it to the bathroom she sat down on the edge of the bathtub and opened it. The first thing she found was a note.

-Brat

Wear it and shut up about who gave it to you

Kai Hiwatari-

She blinked in surprise. Had Kai actually bought her a present? She gasped when she saw what was inside the small box under the note. It was a silver ring. On the inside there was a description.

-To Destiney, the biggest brat I know-

Her heart was pounding in her chest and she felt her face heat up. This ring looked expensive...Why had he bought it for her? This gesture confused her more than anything and she started feeling guilty for not buying him anything in return. She picked up the ring from the box and pushed it onto her finger. It was a pretty ring, simple but pretty and she liked it. But even as she went to bed she couldn`t understand why Kai had done something like that. It was a little big for her and kept sliding off her finger..so she decided to put it around her neck instead. With a small smile she looked at her necklace, now holding the silver ring aswell.


Yours sincerly, Kanilla & Nicholas