Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Moving to California ❯ A little lost,, totally lost ( Chapter 54 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


And it is a real shame that I dun own Beyblade of the Beyblade folks..because if I did you would definitely see them paired up with each other.....-dreamy face-

A little lost,lost,totally lost

« Finally..I never thought that trip would end....» Aya sighed. Also she had been close to going out of her mind from her cousin`s constant chattering with Mariah. She glanced at the others, every single one of them seeming tired or exhausted from th flight. The time difference were about 6-7 hours. Only a few of them had managed to get any sleep on the plane, Aya and Kai among them.

( Kanilla:I never travelled by plane..so dun shot me for getting the time wrong)

Destiney felt like crap, she always did after being on a plane for a couple of hours. They were all waiting for their luggage to arrive and everyone kept a lookout for their own stuff.

Flesland, as their airport was named (and yeah,it exists for real I tell ya..I have been there^^),was pretty big,and people were passing them by constantly, both passengers and people being there to pick up either friends or family.

« Nate..Look after my backpack, I really need to go to the restroom right now....»

He nodded and took the backpack she handed him.Destiney managed to maneuver her way across the airport to the toilet by following the signs on the walls.She stood by the sink,splashing cold water onto her face.

« I hate flying...» she muttered and wiped away the water with some paper.


Kai growled in annoyance, wanting to punch someone. Where the fuck was his luggage? The others had managed to find their bags and stuff....But not he. He stood waiting for a little longer until he got fed up with waiting and decided to do something about it on his own.

( Kanilla:dun worry...that does not happen often, so dun be scared to come to Norway!^^)

« I am going to look for my stuff» he announced.

« But Kai...We have to go soon, we`re just waiting for Dizzy» his sister said worriedly.He shook his head.

«I will be ok, you just go ahead. I won`t leave this place without my stuff» he said sutbbornly. Malisia sighed and shook her head at him.

« Ok.....You do remember the name of our hotel, no?»

« Yeah yeah....see you later» he said dissimisvely and walked away from them.

It took Destiney quite some time to find the others again.

« Sorry I`m late...I just had a hard time finding back to you guys...This place is like one huge maze for Pete`s sake!» she apologized.

(Kanilla: Her sense of direction is just as bad as mine apparently....-X.X-)

« It is alright Dizzy..Here are your bag and backpack» Rei said and handed her the things.

« Where is Hiwatari?» she asked after casting a glance at the others.

« He had some stuff to take care of...His luggage went missing,and with Kai being Kai he refuses to leave without it...So he went to look for it. He will come later» Malisia explained.

They stated making their way through the crowd, dragging their bags and other stuff along. Destiney got a glimpse of spiky, blue hair somewhere in the crowd and she stopped to see if it had been Kai. Not very likely, she thought, but it had looked like him. She stood looking for him for a second or two more before she turned around. Where the heck were the others? she wondered.

« Fuck...I must have missed them!!» she stated in panic and started looking for her friends.

« Woho!We are here!!» Jade exclaimed, bouncing up and down in joy. The rest of them dumped their luggage onto the floor and sat down directly on the floor, tired after the long night and chaotic morning.

« I will go check in and get our keys..You just stay here» Malisia said and went to talk to the guy behind the counter in the lobbey. Not that they needed for her to tell them to stay there...No one looked like they intended to move an inch for a while yet.

«Um guys? Where is Dizzy?» asked Rei curiously. They looked around themselves,discovering that the white haired girl was missing.

« Have anyone seen her?» asked Tala. They thought it over.

« Not since the airport..Now that I come to think about it» Aya said.They sweat dropped.

« Could we have lost her back at the airport?» Rydan suggested. They became quiet. Malisia cast them a puzzled glance when she returned with the keys, seeing their gloomy expressions.

« What happened to you? Did someone die or something?» she asked-half joking and half meaning it.

«WE LOST DIZZY AT THE AIRPORT!!» they all burst out in unison.

To find the way out of this place was easier said than done, Kai concluded as he walked down the corridor. After speaking with a couple of the staff he had managed to convince them into helping him in his quest for the missing luggage. Thank god that nothing was missing from his bag. One of the women that worked there had offered him to show him the way out, but being the stubborn idiot he was he had turned down the offer, determined to find his way out on his own.

And added on top of that....he had managed to drop his cell phone to the floor by accident...And now it refused to be turned on again. That had been the last drop to the phone, it had been dropped to the floor one too many a time( because he had done that a countless number of times). So here he was, without his cell phone or a clue about where he was.

« Kai! Wait up!!» called a familiar female voice. He turned on his heels and saw Destiney come running towards him. She stopped in front of him,panting hard and gasping for air.

« Brat...what are you doing here?»

She dumped her bag onto the floor, rubbing her sore and tired shoulders.

« I kinda lost the others...I have been going around in circles for ages in here now»

He would smirk at that..if it hadn`t been for the fact that he was in the same situation himself.

(Kanilla: tsk tsk....Dizzy and I appears not to be the only ones with bad sense of direction)

«Well..since we are in the same situation...I suggest we help each other out of here» he suggested.

She blinked in surprise, her face breaking into a huge smile.

« Deal Hiwatari....So-which way?»

He shrugged.

» You pick, I am clueless»

After what seemed like eteniry they ended up asking a member of the staff, making the guy draw them a map. They borrowed a phone from a store and called for a taxi to pick them up. Finally sitting in the car Kai realized he didn`t know the name of their hotel. So he made the chauffeur take them to the nearest hotel instead..Where they didn`t find the others.

« Fuck...I don`t give a damn about the others right now....We can call them tomorrow, I am tired» Kai muttered, letting out an annoyed sigh from his parted lips.

« I agree....Get us a room or something, and I will go find something to drink, I am thirsty»

Kai threw a coin in her direction as she walked away. His heart fell in his chest after talking to the lobby-guy....When he realized he had money for no more than one small apartment with a single bedroom.....with-cough- a doublebed. His hands became sweaty, and he rubbed them nervously together. Destiney would so not be happy about this....Most likely he would end up sleeping on the floor. But he would rather do that if he had to though....

«So.....are you sharing bedroom?» asked the annoying, little voice in his head.

«Oh, fuck off!»

« You do realize that this is your big chance, don`t you? Tell the girl how you feel about her!»

« No-so shut up bastard»

«.....You`re afraid that she is going to push you away or tell you that she hates you again, are you not?»it asked strangely mildly and comforting this time. He didn`t answer.

« Take the chance I say..Good luck» it chirped happily and silenced.

« Thanks...» he muttered, his head lowered.

Destiney was about to call out his name but changed her mind when she saw the expression on his face. He looked so...sad. She tilted her head to the side watching him curiously. He actually looked pretty cute right now. A red haze coloured her cheeks by the thought of it. Kai cute? Well...it was true, she thought-he was cute. Not even she could deny that anymore.

She had not seen him show off his emotions this openly very often. Maybe he was not as cold and lacking of feelings that he wanted everyone to think? Maybe he just used that as a mask to not let people in on himself, to not have to be vulnerable....He seemed so..human with that sad looking face.

She wondered what was bugging him and decided to be nice towards him.That was the least she could do if he was having a hard time. Destiney walked over to him, two cans of soda in her hands.

« Here you go!» she smiled and handed one of them to him. He looked at her puzzled for a moment before all emotion slipped away from him and his face turned lacking of expression again.

« Thank you» he said and opened the can.

« No probs! Which room?»

He handed her the keys.

« Room nr.271. Go ahead, I am just going to grab someone to help me with the luggage».

She flashed him a wide grin and ran off, dancing down the hall. He dearly hoped that she would not get pissed off when she realized that there only was one bed.....

-End chapter-

Yours sincerly, Kanilla & Nicholas