Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Of Traitors and Thieves ❯ Something Else ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Of Traitors and Thieves

Chapter Four - Something Else

Kai held Rei's hand in his and wept. The park was deserted so there was noone around to see. The tears fell down his cheeks like stars, glistening in the sun. Kai looked at the face of the one he loved and felt another wave of tears flood through him when he felt again for a pulse and could find none.

**********************

It's something else

This pain and hurt.

It's not our love

Wrong and burnt.

It's something more

Than just a dream.

How can we cry

When we can't see?

**********************

Rei's face was pale and his lips were starting to go blue. Kai could hardly bear to look at him, his skin, his eyes. But then Kai stopped crying. Rei hadn't any burns on his body so it wasn't the fire that had killed him. Kai thought back to the Abbey, what had been there? Why was Rei…dead? One word penetrated his thoughts. //SMOKE!\\ It was the smoke from the fire that had killed him, that means, he suffocated. Kai turned Rei over and began to do CPR. //1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15. Breathe, Breathe. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15. Breathe, Breathe. C'mon Rei!\\ Kai started to push harder. One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen. Breathe, breathe. Rei's hand clutched Kai's arm and he drew in a deep breath. Kai startled and relieved started to cry again. He held Rei tightly to him.

"Don't you ever, EVER, die on me again, ok?" He asked and pulled Rei away a bit so he could see his face. Rei kissed him gently on the lips and smiled.

"Never, ever.

"KAI! REI!"

"KAIII"

"REI!"

Kai and Rei looked up to see the rest of the BladeBreaker team running towards them. Tyson was frantic, Max looked scared and Kenny, well, he was panting a lot. "Oh my gosh, you guys! We were so worried about you!" Tyson hugged Rei and when Max and Kenny did the same, the four of them ended up as a tangled heap on the floor. Kai smiled at them and laughed. Then he remembered that he was Kai and that he didn't smile, so he frowned instead.

Rei looked up and saw Kai frowning. He helped the others to their feet and then turned to Kai.

"What's wrong?" He asked. Kai looked at him confused.

"Nothing." Now it was Rei's turn to frown. "Don't lie to me."

"I'd never lie to you!" Kai looked at him and pouted. Max giggled.

"So, where were you all that time?" He asked whilst winking. Kai raises his eyebrow and folded his arms. Rei stood and said very matter-of-factly, "I died." Then he started to walk off. Kai grinned and looked smug and began to follow Rei.

Kenny, Tyson and Max looked at each other, questions apparent on each of their faces and then they too began to walk home.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*

There we are! Chapter Four is here! That's not the end, but I may have to ask for plot tips. I can't really think of where to go with this.