Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ On The Porch Steps ❯ Staying Longer on the Porch Step ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

On the Porch Step
Summary: Kai is going through life day after day doing the same old things. What happens when a very life alternating object appears on his porch steps?
Rating, Warnings, Disclaimer: See first chapter...
Notes: Sorry it took so long to get this out but I'm moving right now, well am in the process of moving, and therefore I'm having problems finding the time to write things up. However I did have fun torturing Kai this chapter :)
Chapter Three: Staying Longer onthe Porch Step
Kai did not wake up in the way that he liked to. Kai was used to the alarm clock by now and while he didn't necessarily like the alarm clock, he was used to it's shrill. However, he was also used to the ingenious idea that if he reached out his hand and pressed a small button, the alarm clock would stop making noise.
This morning, however, Kai did not wake up to his alarm clock. Instead he woke up the persistent cry of a baby that Kai was reminded all too early that was still in his house.
Grunting, Kai managed to sit up. “Krystal, shut that damn thing up.” There was no response and Kai growled. “Krystal!” When there was no reply yet again, Kai grumpily threw his blanket off of himself and got up, making his way over to the baby.
Krystal wasn't in his room anymore but the baby sure was. The baby was lying on the bed, crying its little brains out and Kai was not happy about being woken up to it.
“Hasn't anyone ever told you that it is rude to wake people up when you're a guest in their house?” Kai asked as he approached the bed. “Surely you can't think that we're going to let you stay another night with this sort of repayment, do you?” Kai reached down and picked up the baby. “Now be quiet so that I can figure out where Krystal is and give her to you.” The baby grew quiet instantly and snuggled up to Kai's warm body. Kai rolled his eyes and turned to the leave the room.
He could smell coffee brewing which meant that it was past his normal waking time and Krystal had turned off the alarm clock earlier. Kai slowly trudged downstairs, the baby now sucking on its thumb which Kai reached out to stop, only to give the baby back its thumb when it started to bawl.
“Krystal?” Kai called out as he entered the kitchen and found her standing at the counter with a bottle in her hand. “Where did you get all of that? No wonder the baby was crying, you've left her alone for how long to go and get that?”
“I didn't leave the baby alone at all to go and get this stuff. I found it on the porch step when I went to get the paper this morning. I just came downstairs to get myself some coffee so that I could treat the baby with some sort of kindness. Do you always have the annoying alarm set for six-thirty? Even on weekends?”
“Yes.” Kai replied and handed Krystal the baby, unimpressed to find that she started to scream when Kai tried to move her away from his body. “Take it!”
“No, you can take care of it. Besides, she appears to like you. It won't kill you to feed her a bottle. Besides, she showed up on your porch, not mine.”
“Very funny.” Kai replied but took the bottle anyway and gave it to the baby who began to suck on it in appreciation. Kai sighed and looked at the counter again, taking in all of the baby stuff situated there. “Wow, you found all of that on the porch?”
“Yes I did. What do you take in your coffee?” Krystal asked as she took out another mug and set it on the counter.
“I take it black, thank you.”
“Figures, you always did appear to have a black heart.” Krystal replied with a smile.
“Nice joke. It's just too bad that I've already heard that one about a million times. Maybe you should try coming up with some original material Krystal.”
“Wow, you really aren't a morning person.” Krystal replied and poured him the coffee. “Here, I'll take the baby while you drink the coffee. Maybe then we'll get to see you in a better mood but then again I work with you so I think I know that there's no change in that.”
Kai rolled his eyes. “I'm going to go and phone the orphanage now.”
“Suit yourself.” Krystal said, taking the baby.
Kai grabbed his coffee mug and took it to the living room where he grabbed the phone and punched in the number for the orphanage.
“Hello?”
“Hello, this is Kai Hiwatari phoning. I called you last night about a baby left on my porch.”
“Ah yes, we received your message Mr. Hiwatari. Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do to help you. You see our orphanage is full. Actually, so is every orphanage in town. It's been a bad year for adoptions, there's just not enough people wanting to adopt and too many people wanting to give away to an orphanage. We should have a free spot in a week though, so if you would just keep the baby until then we'd be very grateful Mr. Hiwatari.” Kai didn't reply. “Mr. Hiwatari, are you still there?”
In response to that question, Kai slammed the phone down. How could there not be room for this baby at the orphanage? Kai made a note to donate to the orphanage so they could build more rooms so that if this ever happened again, he wouldn't have to keep it due to lack of room.
Kai made his way back into the kitchen and growled at the baby who was now sitting in the basket Kai had found her in the night before.
“Well, when will they come to pick her up?” Krystal asked.
“Not until next week. It turns out that there isn't any room for her until then. Which means that I'm stuck with the thing until they can come up with room.”
“Oh.”
“Yeah, it sucks.” Kai looked at the baby and ran his hand through his hair. “Krystal, what would you say about staying here for the rest of the week too. I can't take care of her by myself, I have no idea what I'm doing.”
“I would love to help you Kai but I can't.” Krystal said, putting her coffee mug in the sink. “I have to fly out to LA today and I won't be back until Friday. You're going to have to deal with the baby yourself until then. But you know my cell phone number so if you're having any difficulties, you can just phone me. Okay?” Krystal gave the baby a kiss and then smiled at Kai. “I have to go and pack Kai but I'll come back before I head to the plane, just to make sure you and her are doing okay. I'll talk to you later.”
“Great Krystal.” Kai replied, obviously unhappy at the prospect of being left alone with this baby.
“Bye baby.” Krystal called and with that left. Kai listened to the door close behind her and then stared at the baby.
“All right kid, lets get one thing straight. You make me annoyed with you at all and you will end up back on that porch step. You understand?”
In response the baby laughed and Kai sighed. This was going to be a long week.
How do you turn your eyes
From the romantic glare?

How do you block the sound of a voice

You
'd know anywhere?
Kai smiled, this day was actually going by pretty well. The baby hadn't done anything bad yet. Instead she was simply content with sitting in Kai's arms while he watched TV and did his work. As long as Kai was holding her or somehow in sight, she didn't cry or make a lot of noise. So Kai decided that if it kept her quiet, he would take her with him everywhere and that way she wouldn't make any trouble for him.
Unfortunately, that seems to only last so long.
“You just had to go to the bathroom without telling me, didn't you?” Kai asked the baby as he plugged his nose in attempt to not smell the revolting action that she had just preformed. “I don't suppose you'd know how to change your own diaper, do you?”
The baby squealed happily in response and Kai sighed.
“No, I didn't think so.” Kai looked at the bag of diapers and sighed again. “I wonder if I google this, I'll get step by step instructions.” The baby didn't answer, instead a loud farting noise was heard and Kai groaned. “Do you have to continue? Can't you just stop now?”
TBC