Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ One Turn Around ❯ The Invitation ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

So here we are posting our first ficlet. This story was an RP that we did together and then re worked so it could be a better story. I hope you all enjoy our little story.
 
There will be Yaoi and possible Yuri. If you take offence to this then do not read.
 
We do not own Beyblade or any of the characters. We do own the plot of this story, so no stealing.
 
-
One Turn Around
 
Chapter One - The Invitation
 
It was early morning and the sun was just rising in to the east bathing the land in its orange glow. Within the halls of the Dragon Lords' domain, located in the land of the rising sun, very little stirred with the exception of those sent on important errands.
 
Daichi walked through the royal palace of the dragon lords, intent on finding their youngest prince. He sighed, he'd been given the nearly impossible task of convincing his prince to leave the palace and meet with the lord of dragons, their emperor. He turned when he spotted the young prince on the balcony. "Your majesty," He said with a bow, “your brother wishes to speak with you”
 
“Tell him I will speak with him when the wind will once again whisper to me…” Takao replied solemnly, moving towards his own chambers.
 
Daichi stared after his lord. “Wonderful...I'll be killed for this I'm certain...” He left his lord to his thoughts and entered the next room where his companions were.
 
Johnny shook his head as Daichi entered the room, having over heard what the young redhead had said. “At the looks of it we're all going to die. The Phoenix approach from the Northwest and the Tigers approach as well from the North, they go to meet each other in battle.”
 
“And we are caught in the middle," Daichi sighed, "Our one lord wars upon our neighbours in hopes of gaining land while our prince waits for the wind to return...this is looking very bad for us indeed...”
 
“And our only ally is hundreds of miles away still trying to reach us.” Johnny murmured mournfully.
 
“We are doomed...” Daichi sighed miserable and sat heavily upon a chair
 
Leaning against the nearby wall Johnny nodded. “But our way of life has been doomed for some time, so it was prophesied.”
 
Giancarlo suddenly chirped up, “I think I have an idea.”
 
Johnny looked over at him with raised eyebrows. “And what is that? Sleep with as many girls as we can before we're all doomed?”
 
Giancarlo chuckled, “Besides that...Lets hold a dance, a masked dance.”
 
Daichi blinked, confused at why Giancarlo seemed to have made such a stupid suggestion. “I'm waiting to see how this has any relevance....”
 
“You took the words right out of my mouth.” Johnny said with a nod at Daichi.
 
“Perhaps...maybe we can get the warring emperors to, I don't know, get to know each other. Perhaps if they see what the people they are fighting with are truly like they will stop warring with each other.” Giancarlo said with a completely serious face.
 
Johnny shook his head. “That's the problem; they know who they're fighting and they both desire power over the other. Emperor Rai wants more land for China and Emperor Voltaire, of Russia, wishes for power.”
 
Giancarlo sighed, having known the grim solution he had presented would not go over well with his comrades. “We are a generally neutral country. We can invite them pretending that we are choosing our ally, and if it does not go over… we could poison them with,” he paused looking around to make sure no one was listening in on their conversation, “...that poison...”
 
Johnny shook his head in disbelief at what he had just heard. “Are you mad?! Poisoning the rulers of two of two of the most powerful countries is not the wisest decision, we will be caught, and then our death warrants will be signed and sealed!”
 
Giancarlo sighed, “We may have no other choice.” He looked at his companions “And the poison does not take affect immediately...they would not suspect us until it was to late...”
 
“But to poison the two emperors without our Emperor Hero or Prince Takao knowing will most assuredly mean our death in the not so distant future.” Daichi said exasperated. This plan seemed foul before it had been described; now it only seemed worse.
 
“Not if we can convince them of our plan first…” Giancarlo said, seemingly to know something that the others did not. “But let's not discuss this right now, I think we should concentrating on making our young prince acquaintances with the other rulers...”
 
Johnny nodded. “But we cannot hold a ball without either the emperor or the prince's support.”
 
“Emperor Hero is off war mongering and I doubt the young prince would care in any manner.” Daichi said beginning to agree with Giancarlo's plan.
 
“Alright then I shall have the orders sent out as well as the invitations.” Johnny said finally giving in; he stood up and exited the room through the main doors.
 
Giancarlo turned to Daichi. “Ready the poison...just in case...”
 
The two nodded to each other and then parted ways off to do what was needed for the soon to be ball.
 
-
 
~In China~
 
Rai glanced over at Rei who had been pacing for a while, his tail swishing back and forth a sign of irritation. It was beginning to grate on his nerves.
 
Rei ran a hand through his bangs a sign of his stress. Questions ragged through his mind as he thought of the war they were facing. What was going to happen? This war was stupid! Why couldn't it have been avoided? Thoughts raced, never seeming to end.
 
Rai coughed to get Rei's attention, whose irritation was visible in his golden eyes. “What is on your mind Rei?”
 
This question caused all Rei's ragging thoughts to come forth. “Why Rai? Why this war? Do you realize how many of our people are dying out there? How many more will die!?”
 
“I understand your aggravation; however it can not be helped.” Rai sighed and said dismissively, “You are young yet, you do not understand.”
 
Rei growled low in his throat, irritated at his brother's dismissal. “We could have avoided it! What about the countries that will be caught in the middle? Have you thought about them?” Rei clenched his fist, aware that his claws were digging painfully into his palm.
 
“Right now I am worried about my eighteen hundred men that are about to fight off the mongrels from the West, not about a country that we are not engaging in warfare with currently.” Rai stood. “Rei you need to let me worry about my duties, while you worry of your own.”
 
“What duties Rai?” Rei snapped angrily. “Being the diplomat to countries you plan on conquering or simply tending to the garden?!”
 
Rai growled, “You will not argue with me!” He shouted. “I am emperor! Know your place!”
 
Rei didn't back down in the face of Rai's anger. “I don't seem to have a place here Rai. I may be a prince of this empire but I certainly don't feel like family.” He cried angrily as he stomped of the room growling, his tail wagging angrily behind him.
 
Rai sighed. “That boy...”
 
Mao, who had been in the throne room the whole time, raised an eyebrow. “My lord, I think you wish only that he is kept safe.”
 
Rai shook his head. “He's grown up, I don't need to take care of him anymore . . . nor does he want my care.”
 
“Riiiight...” Mao said rolling her eyes. “Well if your lord would excuse me, I need to see to my duties.”
 
“Yes of course Mao.” Rai said waving her off and sitting down heavily on his thrown. “This is just too much . . . what am I going to do?”
 
Not a moment later did Kiki, Rai's youngest cousin, run in the room out of breath. “My lord, message for you.”
 
Gesturing for him to approach, Rai held out his hand for the message. “Where is it from?”
 
“The dragon country.” Kiki said, bowing and giving the letter to Rai
 
Raising an eyebrow Rai took the letter and looked over it carefully. “I see . . . a ball, a chance to ally with the Dragons.” When he was done reading he set the letter down. “Well that most certainly is interesting.”
 
Kiki remained bowed. “Do you think you shall attend my lord...?”
 
Rai nodded. “Yes I think this would be good, go inform the Prince to pack his bags. He and his entourage leave tomorrow."
 
Kiki whooped in joy, then realizing where he was, flushed, bowed again and ran out of the room quickly to inform Rei.
 
Rei was sitting in the garden petting his white-tiger Driger, the tiger was purring happily while Rei sat there his tale swishing back and forth in irritation. “How could he treat me so dismissively…as though I were a child who knew nothing…” he thought angrily. He glared at the opposing wall, his ear flicking slightly as he heard his young cousin run through the halls towards him, knowing the distinct sound of his cousin's run, having heard it many times prior to today.
 
“Rei! Rei!”" Kiki shouted as he ran to Rei.
 
Looking up Rei offered a welcoming smile to Kiki. “Hello Kiki, what are you doing here?”
 
“Guess what”" He shouted excitedly
 
“What?” Rei asked smiling at Kiki's obvious excitement, how wonderful it must be to be so young and naive.
 
“We're going to the Dragon country to try to become friends with the Dragons!” He shouted excitedly.
 
Rei frowned to himself. Something was wrong with this situation. Why would the Dragons contact them all of the sudden, and even more importantly, why would Rai accept? He smiled at Kiki so as not to worry the boy. “That's great; this will be your first time out of the Empire right?”
 
“Yes!! It will be wonderful!! Oh and you're coming so you have to get packed. I'll go pack too!!” He shouted excitedly then ran off.
 
Smiling after Kiki sadly, Rei turned to Driger. “Something bad is going to happen, I know it.” He patted Driger one last time before standing up gracefully and going to pack.
 
-
 
~Russia~
 
“Milord Voltaire.” Borcloff said as he entered the royal hall of the Phoenix palace to speak with the Tsar.
 
Voltaire looked up from his study, irritation clear upon his face. “What is it Boris?”
 
Borcloff bowed low, as was the custom. “My lord there is a message from the lord of Dragons.”
 
“What does it say?” He asked uninterested as he returned to his papers.
 
“That you are invited to attend a royal masquerade ball, one that will decide where the Dragon's loyalties will fall.,” replied, reading the parchment.
 
Grunting in acknowledgement Voltaire waved Borcloff off. “Send my grandson.”
 
“My lord, if I may speak freely...” Borcloff asked.
 
Sighing in annoyance Voltaire looked up. “What is it Boris?”
 
“I have heard rumour of a dragon that could control the wind...though it sounds less impressive, it is a power of great destruction...” Borcloff said an evil smile rising on his face.
 
Voltaire nodded, also smiling. He had heard the rumours as well, but more importantly he had heard that this Lord of Dragons was an oracle, one that could locate their own Phoenix Kaiser. “As I said, send my grandson, he will take care of it.” He paused then nodded. “Send Yuriy, Boris, Ivan and Sergei with him.”
 
Borcloff bowed low again, “As you wish my lord.”
 
“Go now.” Voltaire instructed. “Send them to pack and send them out, it will take a day of travel on the Phoenix to reach the Dragon's Kingdom.”
 
Borcloff left bowing his head and went to retrieve Prince Kai and the others.
 
The group was practicing their archery skills in the field laughing at Ivan's attempts at seeing over his nose in order to hit the target. “Perhaps we should tie your nose back.” Yuriy said grinning.
 
Ivan growled at them. “Just you bastards wait!”
 
Sergei laughed jollily. “It is only temporary Ivan; they'll do the same when my turn is up.”
 
Ivan sighed. “Ya, ya...”
 
Borcloff rolled his eyes as he entered the training field. “My Lord Prince...”
 
Kai looked up at Boris, his eyes hardening at the sight of him. “What is it you want Boris?”
 
“Lord Voltaire wishes you to travel to the Dragon's realm to attend a royal ball.” Borcloff said bowing.
 
Grunting in disgust, Kai stood. “We are to leave immediately I imagine?”
 
“Yes via Phoenix.” Borcloff said bowing.
 
Nodding to the others Kai turned back to Boris. “And the others will be attending with me?”
 
“Yes Milord.” Borcloff answered.
 
“Very well, we'll be ready at dusk.” He gestured to the others to put away their bows and get ready to leave and pack. “Let us get packed.” He said smoothly as everyone left the room.
 
Borcloff remained with his head bowed. When he knew Kai was alone he approached him.
 
Kai looked over at him coldly. “What is it you want Boris?”
 
Balked bowed low again then began to speak, “Milord Kai, your grandfather commands that you retrieve the lord of Dragons...who is said to control the wind, one of the last remaining oracles.”
 
Shrugging Kai continued past Boris. “It is none of my concern but I shall keep my ears open.”
 
Borcloff smiled wickedly at Kai, disturbing the later just ever so slightly. “Take caution, for the Lord of Dragons is supposed to able to crush his opponents with a single whim...”
 
Kai grunted un-caring. “I'm not afraid of some silly rumour. I am a Phoenix.” With that he walked past Borcloff and into the palace to pack.
 
“Yes Milord...” Borcloff said as Kai left, the grin never dispersing.
 
Kai walked into his room growling to himself, “What does grandfather think I am? Some kind of servant?” Kai growled to himself irritated, as he began to pack.
 
Yuriy knocked on his door. “Kai, may I speak with you?”
 
Kai nodded, gesturing for Yuriy to enter. “What is it?”
 
“I believe that we may be walking into a trap...” Yuriy said quietly.
 
“Don't worry, I suspected as much as well.” Kai said as he shoved some clothes into his pack. “That's why we have to be extra cautious and trust no one.”
 
“Agreed. Lord if you may excuse me ...I ...overheard your conversation with Boris.” Yuriy said with his head bowed.
 
Smiling Kai placed a hand on Yuriy's bowed head. “It's alright Yuriy. I trust you, you are my closest friend.”
 
“Perhaps if we find this...lord of Dragons, we may also be able to find the Phoenix Kaiser...” Yuriy said swiftly.
 
Kai sighed turning away from Yuriy. “Yes, the Phoenix Kaiser . . .” He trailed off looking out the window of the snowy Russian plains surrounding the castle. “It is cold with dread our country . . . something big will happen soon.”
 
“I agree my lord...something we may not be able to handle...” Yuriy said dejectedly.
 
“Something the world may not be able to handle.” Kai said mysteriously.
 
-
 
~North America~
 
“Mother!” Max called out running into the throne room and into his mother's arms. “Did you hear? We are to be invited to a ball!”
 
Judy, who had been drinking tea and enjoying the sea breeze till her son burst in and jumped on her lap, predicting this she moved her tea to a safe place. “Hm? What is this my child?” she asked looking down at him.
 
Max was smiling excitedly. “A ball mother! The Dragons are inviting us to a ball. Could we attend? I've always wanted to meet our allies!”
 
Julie laughed. “Yes my dear boy, but you must get ready.”
 
“I've already packed and everything! I'm ready to go.” Max said happily. “We can leave right away!”
 
A hearty laugh sounded from the doors. “Judy our son is something else.”
 
“Indeed he is, well then by all means it is time we take our leave.” Judy said smiling. “Emily, will you ensure that our dear boy does not over exuberate himself.”
 
"Of course my Queen." Emily said with a bow. "Come on my prince." She said gesturing for Max to follow her. With a wave to his parents Max allowed Emily to lead him out of the room.
 
The king looked over at his wife. “You will go with him I assume?”
 
“Yes indeed, and then you will remain here?” She asked turning to him
 
“Yes, someone needs to watch over this place.” He said leaning over and kissing her. “Go now my love and please be careful.”
 
“Yes my lord.” She said smiling, standing and getting ready to leave.
 
Max's voice was heard from the hallway. “Mother hurry! We don't want to be late!”
 
She smiled, “Yes Max, have patience.”
 
-
~Unknown~
 
The palace at the centre of time was quiet, its crystal surfaces shinning. Within its royal halls a figure sat on a tall throne gazing at nothing in particular. “The end is coming for us Dizzara.”
 
“My lady?” A voice called out.
 
The girl-woman looked up. “Hiromi." She said simply as the other girl approached her.
 
“What is it that troubles you?” Hiromi asked.
 
“The invitation has come.” She said gesturing to the folded paper lying on a nearby table. “And we are to attend as is expected of us.”
 
“...I see...” Hiromi glanced at her. “Do you want me to attend with you?”
 
The girl looked up eyes flashing. “Are you prepared to die?”
 
“If it is to protect you my lady.” Hiromi said bowing.
 
She shook her head, hair moving slightly at the gentle motion. “I will die whether you are there or not; this is my destiny and one day we will all be reborn again.”
 
“My lady? Why then not go?” Hiromi asked.
 
“It is needed. There is no choice in it.” She said sadly. “I must do what is needed of me.”
 
“I see, and then I will be by your side my lady.” Hiromi said bowing
 
The lady nodded a small smile spreading across her lips. “Thank you Hiromi.”
 
Hiromi bowed, and went to prepare.
 
“And thus the remaining sands of our lives have begun to run out.”
 
TBC
 
A/N: We hoped you enjoyed this so far. The next chapter will be popping up soon. Don't forget to review please ^^