Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Syndicate ❯ Reason ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 
Rukibi: hmm… I believe this will be the first chapter of many more fights to come. Please enjoy. And then flame me for my late-ness later (smile smile).
 
Disclaimer: All characters of Beyblade are © of Aoki Takao.
 
- - - - - - - - - -
 
Everything had been in slow motion. The glass shattering to pieces. Everyone throwing themselves to the floor. A burning black ball flying through the sudden confusion. A turn of a head. Two pairs of eyes meeting in a split second. An abrupt landing. A tardy agent picking himself off of his defeated opponent. A reason.
 
“Sorry I'm late.”
 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Syndicate Ch.3: Reason
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
“I apologize,” the boy swiftly jumped off the table, his dark cloak flowing after him, “for my late arrival.”
 
“Well uhh..” Mr. Dickenson lifted himself from underneath the wooden table and readjusted his glasses, “that was certainly unexpected.”
 
“It's getting cold in here.” The Chief said, his knees knocking together and his arms brought up to hug himself. Wind was now blowing into the now exposed conference room from where the window once was.
 
Rei got up and brushed shards of glass off his pants as Hiro took a look at the current situation.
 
“Just like Kai to make a flashy entrance.” Max, already standing, added in with grin.
 
Said individual's expression and tone of voice couldn't have lacked more emotion. “What did I miss?”
 
Tyson was speechless as he stared at the dual tone haired boy a metre away from him. The boy acted as if Tyson wasn't even there, but Tyson couldn't have been more aware of his presence.
 
“Ah, this is Kinomiya Tyson. He's our new candidate agent for the BitBeast Acquisition.” The Chief had almost sounded excited.
 
“Oh?” Kai closed his eyes. “Is that all?”
 
“Well, he hasn't decided yet whether he wishes to be an agent or not.”
 
Hiro picked up from where The Chief had left off. “So Tyson, what is your decision?”
 
Tyson's breathing quickened as his heart beat raced faster. All of a sudden, he didn't know what he was doing there. Why did he go there in the first place? And with the sudden late arrival of their last agent… He... didn't want to be there anymore; he couldn't be there anymore. “I… I need time.”
 
He looked to the faces of the Director and the agents, all but the dual toned blunette who was facing away from him on the other side of the table. He felt like he was gasping for air. “Please. Please give me time to think about this.”
 
The Director and the Coordinator exchanged glances before nodding. Hiro took a step forward. “Alright, we'll give you one week to decide. Think over our conversation here carefully and make a sure decision, for the route that you decide to take in the next week may change your life forever.”
 
Tyson didn't look back as he exited the room, the floor, and the building. The only thing he felt he could do was walk out of there with only more pressuring thoughts instead of answered questions, and clenched fists. Answered questions? What did he want answered? A secret organization called the BBA, short for BitBeast Acquisition. Agents who find and capture BitBeasts. Kinomiya Hiro, his brother? He kept his fists clenched the whole ride back on the buses and sky train. `Crimson…'
 
He almost hesitated when he reached his apartment building to enter his room. This was where he lived. And the bookstore was where he worked. To work for the BBA meant that he would have to move residence and quit his current job. He wouldn't be able to see Ms. Kincaide again. He would also be put into constant dangerous and possibly life threatening situations. He truly wouldn't be able to live the way he was living now. Everything would change if he decided to work for the BBA. He wouldn't be alone anymore. He would have comrades striving for the same goal as him. It would be just like old—
 
`No.'
 
Tyson opened his eyes. He should stop standing outside his apartment door. He'd probably looked really stupid and suspicious to passerbys and his neighbours, even though no one had walked down that hallway yet. He pulled out his key, clicked it into lock, turned it left, entered the room, and leaned back against the door, closing it at the same time. Tyson sighed. He never used to have THIS much to think about. It used to be so simple and he never had to worry. He didn't really need a future, did he? Wait. Since when did he start thinking like that?
 
After locking his door behind him, he walked into his kitchen to get a drink of tap water. He didn't bother turning on the lights. He liked the lack of light sometimes. And after placing the glass in the sink, he walked into his living room to resume reading his current favourite book, Alice In Wonderland, when he noticed the open glass door to the deck and the swinging curtains being blown by the wind. The sun was beginning to set outside. He didn't remember opening the deck door that morning. Something was off.
 
Tyson began checking around the living room but found nothing disturbed. Nothing was wrong in the kitchen either. When he began heading towards his bathroom and his bedroom, he stopped. He was standing just outside his bedroom door. The door was open just a crack and there was a rustling sound coming from inside. Who could it be? No one else lived there except for himself. Just as he was reaching for the doorknob, the door flew open and an invisible something kicked him in the chest, sending him flying to the wall behind him.
 
`W-what? What hit me?'
 
When he looked in front of him, there didn't seem to be anyone there. His room looked empty of any life, but it was completely trashed—wait. In the center of the room, there was a sort of transparent distorted space in the shape of a man. It was almost completely unnoticeable, and would have been if the figure had stayed still. But now, the stranger was walking towards him and the edges of the warped space of the man moved, distinguishing the shape of a moving figure. He was in trouble.
 
“Who are you!?” Tyson put up both his hands in front of him in fists and got into a fighting stance.
 
“He he he… If you can't find the remnants, then just go for the source.” The man leapt forward and would have put a foot into Tyson's face had he not rolled to the side to face the length of the hallway, allowing the intruder's foot to heavily dent his wall instead.
 
“Oh? Interesting… you can see me? This suit must be malfunctioning or something. No one should be able to see me.” The intruder lifted his foot out of the wall and stood on twos once again. Tyson back away further so he was in the living room as the stranger advanced towards him.
 
“Kid, the first time, you were lucky to have missed my attack. Caught me off guard `cause you can see me. But you're not going to be lucky again.” The intruder ran forward and lunged a fist at Tyson.
 
Tyson had seen it coming. `This guy…!' He dodged the attack only to have a backwards kick to his side, sending him into his glass coffee table and shattering the surface. A heel was just about to slam down onto his head but Tyson rolled to the side again, avoiding a broken nose. `This guy isn't just some amateur housebreaker. He's trained. And he's serious.' Tyson got up, put up his fists again and gulped. `Seriously out to get me.' He finished his train of thoughts as he blocked a kick from his right, then another from the left.
 
The intruder kept on attacking Tyson with kicks and punches and Tyson kept on blocking each attack with his arms and hands while backing away. Their movements sent them into the kitchen where the intruder jumped onto the counter and attempted to meld Tyson to the ground with a body slam. But Tyson jumped back just in time. The transparent intruder looked up at Tyson and even though Tyson couldn't see his expression, he could tell that his opponent was frustrated and mad. “You… you're really starting to make me angry. Maybe you're what they say you are. But that just makes me want to beat you more!” And he lunged at Tyson again with a jab. Tyson backed away but was surprised when the intruder pulled out a set of knives and threw them at him.
 
“Wha--!” Tyson felt a knife slice the side of his cheek when he barely missed the surprise attack from the stranger. He had to get serious now if wanted to beat this guy, for this guy was definitely a professional in his trade. But he… he couldn't fight back… not now…
 
The intruder had somehow gotten behind him while he had been thinking and got a hold of his long hair in his fist, pulling back.
 
“AHHH!!” Tyson screamed as his opponent held him in a clench fist hold while pulling his hair back at the same time.
 
“Ha ha ha, hurts doesn't it?” The intruder pulled more and Tyson screamed again. Just as his opponent was about to put the final force in pulling off Tyson's hair completely, Tyson back flipped out of the intruder's hold. For a split second, he was upside down staring into the translucent face of his opponent, next he was right side up again staring at the intruders back and an opening for an attack. Tyson elbowed the intruder in the back of the neck, sending his opponent forward against his will, into the broken shards of the glass coffee table.
 
“Gahhrr..!!” The intruder cried out in pain. Small drips of blood fell on the carpet.
 
“Why you…” The intruder grabbed the nearby counter stool and threw it at Tyson. Tyson knocked the stool aside with an arm before it could hit him, but doing so left him open for another attack. He was surprised with a kick to his stomach which sent him flying out of his open deck door, out over the railings, and floating fifteen metres above city street.
 
- - - - - - - - - -
 
Two arms crossed over one another. “So how goes the repairs?”
 
“Are you kidding me?? The maintenance crew won't be able to come in until next week! They say it's because our conference room window was too big and that they need a new shipment of a glass with our sizes. But the cleanup crew, being us apparently, have gotten rid of all the broken glass already and we've already sealed up the opening with good old fashion wood panels and plastic wrap. Bejeezers, I don't think I can take any more of this!” Said reporter slammed his hands down on the poor coffee table of the lounging room.
 
“Now, now Lee, we don't need another thing to replace,” Rei warned from his seat by the window, “I really like that coffee table actually,” and took another sip of his green tea.
 
“Well you're not the one going through all the trouble for one broken window. Arrghh, damnit Kai! Why'd you have to pick a fight with Boris today? And HERE of all places!” Lee directed a frustrated look towards the cool and silent agent leaning against the median wall of two windows. His arms crossed and his eyes closed.
 
“Yes, let's book dates with Boris' cronies on what days we're free to fight and tell them that our front entrance is free for them to just walk through because we don't have any security cameras with installed laser beams and hidden weapon detectors that will set off the alarms so that we're aware of their presence.”
 
“But,” Lee looked confused, “we do…”
 
“I think Kai has made his point Lee.” Rei gave Lee a sorry look.
 
“It wouldn't have been like them to do that in the first place anyway. They're too cowardly for that.” Max pointed out from his relaxed position on a recliner.
 
Kenny had been silent throughout the whole conversation until, “But what did they want today? We only usually meet them on missions, but this time they attacked us even without a BitBeast present.”
 
“The Chief is onto something you guys,” Everyone except Kai, turned to look at their coordinator sitting on the couch behind the coffee table with his arms still crossed. “Do you know the reason for their sudden movements, Kai?”
 
Kai's eyes flashed open as he directed his coal grey gaze back at Hiro. “They were searching for something this time.”
 
“Searching for something?” The Chief repeated in question.
 
“Searching for something that only we had. Most likely, our data.”
 
“Oh of course! Our databases DO have the most sophisticated and wide expanse of BitBeast information and other related topics!” Kenny began to panic, “I hope they didn't ruin Dizzi!”
 
“Here.” Kai took out a black coloured disk and swiftly threw it with only a small movement of his fingers at Hiro, who in turn caught it with an equally small movement.
 
“That was in the guy's pocket.”
 
Hiro took a closer look at the floppy. “So then they were trying to get our data.” An air of uneasiness settled itself amongst the present agents in room.
 
“It must have been a really smooth job for us to not have noticed anything till near the end.” Max inputted, not helping the unease at all.
 
“Boris is up to something, that's for sure.” Rei concluded.
 
“We're going to have to be extra careful now agents,” Hiro took up the lead with a serious tone, “If we falter, Boris is not going to give us a chance to get back up again. There's a possibility they may attack us again and we have to be prepared!”
 
The lounge door clicked open. “Lee? I locked da door to dat room uhh… 308 an' I've got da key here.” A big, bear-sized man stood in the doorway, holding up a gold key.
 
“Gary! You're not supposed to give the key to me! You're supposed to give it to the director!”
 
“Oh.. sorries Lee…”
 
“But for now--” Hiro cut in, “let's call it a night. Everyone get a good rest. We may have a big day ahead of us tomorrow.”
 
- - - - - - - - - -
 
Tyson caught a hold of the deck railing and swung down hard against the front of the bars. “Argh…!” `Why did this have to happen to me..?'
 
The invisible unfamiliar walked out onto the deck, laughing, “Ha ha ha ha… just look at you now. Thought you were pretty smart back there with that flip did you?” The intruder leapt onto the railing, standing on top of Tyson's fingers. “Errr...!” Tyson struggled through clenched teeth.
 
“He he, thought you were smart right? Do you feel smart now?” The intruder stomped his right foot down on Tyson's fingers, hard. Tyson held onto the round bar with tight fists and endurance, attempting to block out the pain. He didn't make a sound. “Feelin' lucky now?” Stomp.
 
“Don't got anybody to call for help, do you?” Stomp.
“You're all alone!” Stomp.
“You're not so tough.” Stomp. Stomp.
“Didn't even have to try.” Stomp. Stomp. Sto—
 
Beep-beep-beep!
 
The intruder brought up an arm and stared at his wrist. He sighed. “Looks like you got a break, this time. Unfortunately for me, I can't stay any longer to watch you fall. My business here is done. But don't worry. I'll be back to finish you off in the near future so don't get yourself killed too quickly…” The pressure disappeared from Tyson's fingers as a wind blew through his hair and clothes. The voice passed by Tyson's ear, “…weakling.” As he was left hanging there by himself.
 
He hung there for a few minutes, breathing in the cold night air through short breaths. Then he back flipped till he was crouching on top of the railing, his feet on either side of his bruised hands. He could see through the open glass door into his living room. Alice In Wonderland lay on the crushed coffee table, torn in two.
 
- - - - - - - - -
 
Rukiabi: Gah! I challenged StormySkys to a writing competition to see which one of us could write more chapters (even though she already has like 9 stories written with 25 chappys in all and I have how many? 6 stories with 8 chappys in all?) But nevertheless… I'm gonna beat you StormySkys-chan! Just you wait! I'm going to beat youuuuu!!! (silence) …wahh I love this chappy! It's one of those few chappys that write themselves and make themselves so much more interesting than you had originally planned. (smile smile and sings) I'm on my way to defeating you my wonderful, wonderful Yu-Gi-Oh-fan friend!
 
P.S. This chapter is dedicated to StormySkys-chan for helping me with her wide knowledge of kickboxing terminology! I'm still going to defeat you!