Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ Bankai ❯ Bankai ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Bankai
 
Tousen could see perfectly well, inside his bankai.
 
It had amazed him, the first time he set the bankai up around people, and had been able to see them. They had panicked, but to suddenly have one, let alone nearly all, of your senses stripped from you was a harrowing experience.
 
Tousen realized this the instant he took down his bankai.
 
It had been difficult to come to terms with the fact that he could see nothing at all in his bankai save people. While he was grateful for a chance to get a good look at his enemies, he could have lived without the opportunity. It was difficult to know what he was missing.
 
He could `see', rudimentarily, without his bankai, of course. He could sense spiritual energy, and thus people and objects. It quite effectively prevented tripping over things, or walking into doors. Hardly behavior befitting a captain. Regardless, it wasn't the same.
 
Dealing with the limits of his bankai was difficult, but not impossible. Tousen managed.
 
Even so, he wished he could see the stars.
 
Or the clouds.
 
Tousen sat in the middle of a void of absolute, pitch-black nothingness, and buried his face in his hands.