Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ Clandestine Symphony ❯ Clandestine Symphony ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: The characters depicted in this drabble are not ones of my own imaginations. Both Kurosaki Ichigo and Kuchiki Rukia are the sole property of Kubo Tite.
 
~*~*~*~*~*Clandestine Symphony*~*~*~*~*~
 
Kurosaki Ichigo turned onto his stomach, readjusting pillows in an effort to gain comfort and eventually find rest. However, no matter how many times he rolled over or fluffed pillows he still couldn't fall asleep. His mind constantly distracted from his body's goal by muffled noises originating from the closet. He knew those noises were being made by the dark haired shinigami who had recently taken up residence there. What he didn't know was why she was still awake; and what was prompting her clandestine symphony. Ichigo turned his strawberry blond head to an angle that enabled him to look directly at the closed closet doors, cursing both his inability to tune her out and his incessant curiosity concerning her actions. Ichigo's startled when the bizarre drone of muffled sound peaks into a noise that sounds like a moan. Lean muscular legs displace covers as Ichigo swings his feet off the bed to meet the floor. Quietly, Ichigo creeps towards the space the ebony eyed enigma occupies, and places his ear soundlessly against the barrier. A mangled sigh echoes in Kuchiki Rukia's makeshift bedchamber followed by silence. Waiting five minutes and hearing nothing more, Kurosaki edges open the doors a bit to peek inside. What he observes with the help of a solitary shaft of moonlight is a sleeping Rukia; an odd contend smile on her face. Satisfied that she was okay, and no longer making odd noises, Ichigo returned to his bed, still wondering what caused the shinigami to make those noises and sleep so peacefully. He glanced at the clock on his desk and noticed that it was 4:23 in the morning as he turned onto his stomach once again attempting to find the sandman.
 
A/N: This is a drabble challenge given to me by a new friend. The theme being All through the night.