Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ Orihime on Science ❯ Orihime on Science ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

 
Disclaimer: I do not own Bleach or any characters thereof. They are the property of Kubo Tite: I am merely borrowing them for your reading pleasure.
 
Author's note: this is my idea of how Orihime would answer these questions when she was in middle school.
Orihime on Science
 
On Climatology:
“You can listen to thunder after lightening and tell how close you came to being hit. If you don't hear it, you got hit so never mind.”
 
On Chemistry:
“Onii-chan, did you know that cyanide is so poisonous that one drop of it on a dog's tongue can kill the strongest man?”
“In looking at the drop of water under the microscope, aren't we supposed to see twice as many H's as O's?”
“Tatsuki-chan, did you know that family fights also happen in molecules? Some oxygen molecules help fires burn, while others help make water, so sometimes, brothers and sisters have to go against each other.”
 
On Physics:
Teacher- “What is one horse-power?”
Orihime: “One horse-power is the amount of energy it takes to drag a horse 500 feet in one second.”
Teacher- “What is a vibration?”
Orihime: “It's a motion that can't make up its mind about which way it wants to go.”
 
On Astronomy:
“Isn't it weird? When people run around in circles we say that they are crazy but when planets do it, it's called orbiting.”
“Some people can tell time by looking at the sun but I must be blind, because I could never see the numbers.”
 
On Geography:
What is limestone?
“Oh. That's a green-tasting rock.”
 
On the weather:
Teacher: “When water disappears in the presence of heat, it is called evaporation.”
Orihime: “That's not nice. It seems to me that evaporation will get blamed for a lot of things people forget to put the top on then.”
 
What is a cloud?
“Tee hee. That's a stupid question. Clouds are high flying fogs. Ne, Ishida-kun?”
How are they formed?
“Well. I'm not sure how they do it but as long as the clouds know how to do it, that's all that matters, ne?”
 
“Rain is soft water, oppositely known as hail. It's saved up in cloud banks. Isn't that nice? It actually starts out as a water vapor and then, when it's big enough to be called a drop, it does. Isn't that neat, Tatsuki-chan? And a blizzard is when it snows sideways.”
 
Teacher: “Does anyone know what a monsoon is?”
Orihime: “A monsoon is a French gentleman.”